MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, THEBIGGESTBOI said:

Is it in the realm of possibility that set 75291 could be an at-te walker? We received one in 2013 so it is a good time to release another. The price tag on the  2013 one was 89.99 adjusted to inflation as 99.71 which is not far of from 79291. Also here are the piece counts: 2013: 794 2020: 775.

Some people did bring that up as a possibility for it, since it did appear in, if I'm not mistaken, one or two episodes of the TCW S7.  At the moment, it's anyone's guess as to what the set could be.  Most people are speculating either something based on Clone Wars or on TROS since those are most topical right now, but it really could be anything.  The Target retail exclusive from 2018 was an Imperial Dropship which had basically zero relevance to anything at the time and was a random remake of a 2007 set, so it doesn't necessarily have to be something relevant right now.  

That said, an AT-TE would be a day one purchase for me and would pair very well with the AAT that we know we're getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Some people did bring that up as a possibility for it, since it did appear in, if I'm not mistaken, one or two episodes of the TCW S7.

The AT-TE actually appeared in 6 episodes in S7, 3 episodes in the Bad Batch arc and 3 in the Siege of Mandalore arc :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are getting into wish-listing and random speculation guys. Stay on target!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Well, they did manage to solve the Leia problem with the 2013 Jabba's Palace by giving us Boushh instead, but there were other issues that I didn't fully understand either.  I think something with the design of Jabba or the Palace itself, which seem like gripes that should be had with Lucasfilm, not LEGO.  The Leia thing, look, I can understand that.  It's a pretty derogatory connotation going with the slave thing and that's probably not an ideology that toymakers want to be associated with, even if they're clearly not supporting it, but I don't see how Jabba's Palace resembling real-world buildings is offensive.  

Unfortunately, I agree that another palace set seems unlikely, which really stinks because the secondary market price for the original is pretty high.

it is a delicate situation as far as merchandising that costume goes, but as @UberCorp says they sort of rebranded slave leia as "huttslayer" leia, which I had forgotten about, so it is possible.  Probably not something we'll see this year though, so I'll stop talking about it.

We're halfway through may, hopefully at least description of the remaining sets come out soon. I feel like the AAT's got to have a side build or a fair number of figures, they can't just recolor it and go from $25 to $40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

 I feel like the AAT's got to have a side build or a fair number of figures, they can't just recolor it and go from $25 to $40

I think we'll probably get a STAP or two, maybe a droideeka and they may even include rex or Ahsoka to help justify the price. 

Edited by Gjm-greeny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We're halfway through may, hopefully at least description of the remaining sets come out soon. I feel like the AAT's got to have a side build or a fair number of figures, they can't just recolor it and go from $25 to $40

It only has 280 odd pieces similar to the brown one in 2015 (251) It probably has a decent figure that’s bumped the price up or larger pieces that make up the base or both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gjm-greeny said:

I think we'll probably get a STAP or two, maybe a droideeka and they may even include rex or Ahsoka to help justify the price. 

I could totally see this.

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

It only has 280 odd pieces similar to the brown one in 2015 (251) It probably has a decent figure that’s bumped the price up or larger pieces that make up the base or both. 

True, or maybe something like what @Gjm-greeny suggests above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these people guessing that the D2C is a Death Star have already forgotten that it’s been confirmed to not be a Death Star. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

All these people guessing that the D2C is a Death Star have already forgotten that it’s been confirmed to not be a Death Star. 

Technically (as far as I remember) they just confirmed that leak was fake based on the reputation of the 'leaker', they didn't outright say it couldn't be a Death Star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gjm-greeny said:

I think we'll probably get a STAP or two, maybe a droideeka and they may even include rex or Ahsoka to help justify the price. 

I really hope this is the case because if it ends up just being a recolor of 2015 and nothing else im not planning on getting more than one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

All these people guessing that the D2C is a Death Star have already forgotten that it’s been confirmed to not be a Death Star. 

I thought it was confirmed not to be a remake of the DS II model from like 2005 or whenever that one came out?  I may be wrong on that and misinterpreting what was said. 

I mean, I'd love it if we got something that isn't a DS, since an OT playset-type set seems likely unless they remake another OT ship we haven't had for a while, but process of elimination seems to suggest some sort of Death Star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I thought it was confirmed not to be a remake of the DS II model from like 2005 or whenever that one came out?

That's what it was. Someone claimed they knew it was an updated DS II, but got shut down quick by respected leakers.

For what it's worth, if the current Death Star doesn't come back soon, Lego could always release it again...:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the AAT could end up using those larger curved slope pieces that the 2009 version used, but otherwise remain similar to the design of the 2014 version. I think that would justify the price hike since they are larger moulds. I also think we'll see at least a Clone Trooper or a Jedi thrown in for 'conflict', hopefully both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Willsy said:

I think the AAT could end up using those larger curved slope pieces that the 2009 version used, but otherwise remain similar to the design of the 2014 version. I think that would justify the price hike since they are larger moulds.

The 10x10 slopes seem too large to me. If the upper part of the last model is kept, I think it's more likely that they'll use the smaller 6x6 slopes with it:

oqk1Akr.png

Edited by Graupensuppe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Graupensuppe said:

The 10x10 slopes seem too large to me. If the upper part of the 2014 model is kept, I think it's more likely that they'll use the smaller 6x6 slopes with it:

oqk1Akr.png

I think that looks pretty great actually! :wub: I'm pretty sure I saw a MOC on Instagram that used the 2014 set's upper part along with the larger pieces, but The smaller ones would do the trick nicely. I just hope they don't use those rounder ones again, they didn't look right on the 2014 version despite being really nice pieces. 

 

As for the figure selection, I would say maybe swap out Wat Tambor with a Super Battle Droid and that's likely what we're getting figure-wise as a conservative guess :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

The 10x10 slopes seem too large to me. If the upper part of the last model is kept, I think it's more likely that they'll use the smaller 6x6 slopes with it:

oqk1Akr.png

That's so well done! It would be cool if they gave us Wat Tambor though its unlikely, it's more possible we get Ahsoka in this set. I hope that we get more than whats included in your model because 40 dollars for only this is poorer value IMO, unless they actually include a Wat Tambor because he is my favorite separatist!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

The 10x10 slopes seem too large to me. If the upper part of the last model is kept, I think it's more likely that they'll use the smaller 6x6 slopes with it:

oqk1Akr.png

This is a great moc, but needs a 2-stud gap for the front 'wedge' rather than 4-studs.

EDIT: I wish lego gave us a new piece to simulate the backpack B1 battle droids have.

Edited by Procrastinathan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

All these people guessing that the D2C is a Death Star have already forgotten that it’s been confirmed to not be a Death Star. 

To add to what @Guyon2002 says, I think the specific rumor they debunked was a remake of 2005's death star 2. 

9 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

I really hope this is the case because if it ends up just being a recolor of 2015 and nothing else im not planning on getting more than one.

I might not get any if it's just a recolor of the 2015 one. I've got a pretty good purist S7 ahsoka, so unless it's got maul and/or rex, it won't be that interesting.

2 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

The 10x10 slopes seem too large to me. If the upper part of the last model is kept, I think it's more likely that they'll use the smaller 6x6 slopes with it:

That MOC up you made looks great! I agree that they'll probably use the smaller slopes with it. I could see that with a STAP, some droids, and Ahsoka being this upcoming tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That MOC up you made looks great! 

Only missing a very important detail... spring-loaded shooters! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Star Wars advent calendars are going to be $34.99? Odd that they would decrease the price, but keep the same amount of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

So the Star Wars advent calendars are going to be $34.99? Odd that they would decrease the price, but keep the same amount of stuff.

Where'd you get that from? It's still 40 according to Landino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Where'd you get that from? It's still 40 according to Landino

There's a single instagram post by someone who doesn't seem to have any other original information, just reposts of reveals and leaks. I think It'll still be $40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original AAT, back in 2000, had the torpedo launchers printed onto the curved pieces rather than using a sticker (like 2009) or omitting them completely (like 2015). If they went back to using large printed pieces, that might justify the price hike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it confirmed (and if so, by who/where?) that the Night Buzzard will include the last two Knights of Ren and none of the previous ones? Thinking of picking up two from Bricklink but want to make sure they aren't released with the Night Buzzard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, neueruse said:

Is it confirmed (and if so, by who/where?) that the Night Buzzard will include the last two Knights of Ren and none of the previous ones? Thinking of picking up two from Bricklink but want to make sure they aren't released with the Night Buzzard.

I remember something about the figures being the last two knights, the ship’s pilot and Rey but I can’t remember if it was confirmed or if it was just wild speculation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.