MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

While I'm disappointed that we no longer get May the 4th figures, I do admit these mini dioramas are pretty cool!

I may have to snag the A-Wing right when it's released, that way I pick up the promo too.

As for the (now debunked) Death Star II, it probably won't happen until they retire the current Death Star (which they'll probably just update and rerelease...:hmpf_bad:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Name a more iconic or interesting set that could be a D2C (that has not been released recently) than Death Star II. There definitely are a few, but it is still iconic and would make a great set if pulled off well.

UCS Trade Federation MTT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Y'know, the more I look at the Grevious Starfighter set, the more I think that this is a mock up with incorrect figures and the box may be different. We've been told the set will have A. a clone and B. A tan Grevious. I'm sharpening the picture on photoshop but the figure in the middle still looks to have a purple accessory and a cloak of some sort. And Grevious looks white. So maybe im dumb, or maybe this isn't the actual set picture? Has that happened before? BTW, please don't cyberbully me just because i'm questioning what leakers said:laugh:          

Maybe the final set Has Obi, Grevious a Magnaguard AND a 212th?

PS I trust leakers, I just think that this may not be the final box design

I used to work in a toyshop a few years ago beside my studies, and there we got to see "secret" catalogue pages of the coming Lego sets of the year. In those pictures most of the minifigures were replaced by either black shadows or old figures marking placeholders, so it can very well be that the figures are not what correspond to the blurred image, if this image comes from such a catalogue page.

Personally I would prefer Magnaguard million times over the 212th clone trooper. Sigh for the Commander Cody and the lost chance, but Magnaguard to my mind would still be a better catch than the trooper (we had a cheap access to them a while ago, and even the new fans wouldn't really benefit from the remake in such an expensive set as you couldn't possibly buy them to make an army anyway).


- Samppu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the next D2C set, I’m honestly hoping for a MBS set since the last one came out a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed Betrayal At Cloud City. Yavin 4, Jabba’s Palace, Geonosis, Theed Palace would all be great choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RODDY said:

For the next D2C set, I’m honestly hoping for a MBS set since the last one came out a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed Betrayal At Cloud City. Yavin 4, Jabba’s Palace, Geonosis, Theed Palace would all be great choices.

Ah, this would be so great! I would be so happy with any of those. If I had to pick one, I might prefer Geonosis with new figures from the Separatist Council.


- Samppu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A UCS Gonk Droid would be my first choice, but only if it's to scale with the recent BB-8. Next choice would be a life-size Jar-Jar bust, with articulating (i.e. flappy) ears.

But seriously, they really need to do new Jabba stuff. His palace, the Rancor, and the main sail barge are all extremely iconic. They had the nice skiff set last year (?), but I still need a Lando in disguise minifig, some Gamorean guards, etc.! Lando in disguise was my favorite of all the Kenner action figures. I'm not sure they'd try their luck with a "MBS" or MBS-like set again, but maybe just have 2-3 large sets in a single wave, or within a single year's waves anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, autolycus said:

A UCS Gonk Droid would be my first choice, but only if it's to scale with the recent BB-8. Next choice would be a life-size Jar-Jar bust, with articulating (i.e. flappy) ears.

But seriously, they really need to do new Jabba stuff. His palace, the Rancor, and the main sail barge are all extremely iconic. They had the nice skiff set last year (?), but I still need a Lando in disguise minifig, some Gamorean guards, etc.! Lando in disguise was my favorite of all the Kenner action figures. I'm not sure they'd try their luck with a "MBS" or MBS-like set again, but maybe just have 2-3 large sets in a single wave, or within a single year's waves anyway.

Unfortunately we probably won't see Jabba's Palace again after the controversy last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, autolycus said:

A UCS Gonk Droid would be my first choice, but only if it's to scale with the recent BB-8. Next choice would be a life-size Jar-Jar bust, with articulating (i.e. flappy) ears.

But seriously, they really need to do new Jabba stuff. His palace, the Rancor, and the main sail barge are all extremely iconic. They had the nice skiff set last year (?), but I still need a Lando in disguise minifig, some Gamorean guards, etc.! Lando in disguise was my favorite of all the Kenner action figures. I'm not sure they'd try their luck with a "MBS" or MBS-like set again, but maybe just have 2-3 large sets in a single wave, or within a single year's waves anyway.

It wouldn't be complete anyway since Disney doesn't want anyone to make Slave Leia products (like seriously, it's been in the movie for decades just deal with it)

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

Unfortunately we probably won't see Jabba's Palace again after the controversy last time.

The one about the Palace looking like a mosque? I still can't see the resemblance, but people will always find something to complain about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

UCS Trade Federation MTT.

We probably won't see any more prequel UCS until lego gauges the success of the gunship, which itself won't come until may 2021 at least.

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

While I'm disappointed that we no longer get May the 4th figures, I do admit these mini dioramas are pretty cool!

I may have to snag the A-Wing right when it's released, that way I pick up the promo too.

As for the (now debunked) Death Star II, it probably won't happen until they retire the current Death Star (which they'll probably just update and rerelease...:hmpf_bad:)

Yeah, I'll have reach that threshold this may, it's unfortunate we didn't get many sets releasing around the same time, anyone know if they retired rogue one's y-wing? 

If so, I might have to buy 5 more mandalorian battle packs :laugh:

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It wouldn't be complete anyway since Disney doesn't want anyone to make Slave Leia products (like seriously, it's been in the movie for decades just deal with it)

The one about the Palace looking like a mosque? I still can't see the resemblance, but people will always find something to complain about

With the slave leia stuff, I thought they just ended up calling the merch "huttslayer" instead? I didn't realize they've put a stop on any merchandise for it, that's sad.

Yeah the palace thing is the weakest argument I've heard, I have no idea why people chose that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

With the slave leia stuff, I thought they just ended up calling the merch "huttslayer" instead? I didn't realize they've put a stop on any merchandise for it, that's sad.

The last LEGO version of that figure is from 2013, the last Hasbro figure is from 2013 and some time ago Ben Walke (Battlefront II's old community manager) said Lucasfilm didn't want them to give Leia the Huttslayer skin even though it was highly requested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

Unfortunately we probably won't see Jabba's Palace again after the controversy last time.

 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It wouldn't be complete anyway since Disney doesn't want anyone to make Slave Leia products (like seriously, it's been in the movie for decades just deal with it)

The one about the Palace looking like a mosque? I still can't see the resemblance, but people will always find something to complain about

Uggg.. Y'all are probably right, but it's ridiculous! It doesn't look like a mosque at all, but then again, I still remember the Detroit paper's editorial talking about how obvious Lucas's racism toward Latino farm workers was in Attack of the Clones. Apparently the writer didn't know that the actor who played Jango is Maori, not Latino. Whoops!

The movie is what it is. Jabba's Palace looks like it looks (not a mosque), and Leia worn that outfit. Do that many people actually complain about either of them in the context of the movie? I certainly don't hear anything like what is justifiably said about the Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp or the crows in Dumbo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Do that many people actually complain about either of them in the context of the movie?

The problem lies with Disney, not the fans. Disney thinks Leia's outfit in that scene doesn't fit their brand but they're gonna have to adapt if they want to keep this thing going. Especially now they've purchased Fox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The problem lies with Disney, not the fans. Disney thinks Leia's outfit in that scene doesn't fit their brand but they're gonna have to adapt if they want to keep this thing going. Especially now they've purchased Fox.

Sometimes Disney is just trying too much to be kid friendly. I kind of get that, but it's not like they should ban anything with nudity, swearing or blood.

Look at Disney+, it would be a bigger success (not that it isn't now) if they could include mor mature movies that attract older viewers. When they release Deadpool 3, they probably won't release it on Disney+ like other MCU movies, and that's kind of annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Sometimes Disney is just trying too much to be kid friendly. I kind of get that, but it's not like they should ban anything with nudity, swearing or blood.

Look at Disney+, it would be a bigger success (not that it isn't now) if they could include mor mature movies that attract older viewers. When they release Deadpool 3, they probably won't release it on Disney+ like other MCU movies, and that's kind of annoying.

Exactly, that's the main criticism on Disney+ I've seen as of today: not much to see for adult viewers specifically 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The last LEGO version of that figure is from 2013, the last Hasbro figure is from 2013 and some time ago Ben Walke (Battlefront II's old community manager) said Lucasfilm didn't want them to give Leia the Huttslayer skin even though it was highly requested

I'm sure there is some behind-the scenes stuff, and I don't know about hasbro, but 7 years with no (insert varient here) isn't that uncommon. it's been 7 years since a TCW rex, 18 since a Zam Wessel, 7 years since an AOTC anakin, padme, dooku, etc.

Also, I think there's a difference between a lego figure of slave leia and slave leia running around the battlefield. (Yes, I know dooku's pajamas are a skin but I still think that's different, slave leia is significantly more distracting to see running around on echo base or endor than it is to see dooku in what really just looks like navy blue robes unless you're up close. :laugh:)

I think it's likely that there is some pressure to not make slave leia Merchandise, but I don't think we've really seen that manifest yet.

 

To bring back up the discussion about the bellbulab set, what if we get grievous's cape? A bit of a long shot, but the 2005 cape piece does NOT work well on the current figure design, it doesn't even reach his knees, and a new caped grievous would look pretty cool.

And some people have been mentioning the possibility of another set, does anyone know if this holds any weight? I would assume not, but the razorcrest came out of absolutely nowhere, so..

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Kind of off-topic, but I just found an amazing AT-RT build. The one in the set is really oversized, and this looks infinitely better.

https://www.brickvault.toys/products/at-rt-minifig-scale?_pos=3&_sid=87a66bc8e&_ss=r

I wonder how many parts from the upcoming AT-RT could be used to build something of that scale. The legs clearly would be different, but I'm hoping most parts would be there for a design of that size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it ever determined whether the 3 cancelled sets were The Rise of Skywalker? 
 

Does that explain why the Tie Fighter Pilot has gotten far less advertisement because they moved it forward to bulk out the wave? 
 

cheers :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

To bring back up the discussion about the bellbulab set, what if we get grievous's cape? A bit of a long shot, but the 2005 cape piece does NOT work well on the current figure design, it doesn't even reach his knees, and a new caped grievous would look pretty cool.

That sounds like it could happen. A new cloth Cape would work really well on an updated grievous. 

On to the rumoured clone wars AAT does anyone know when we might get any leaked or official images of the set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Was it ever determined whether the 3 cancelled sets were The Rise of Skywalker? 
 

Does that explain why the Tie Fighter Pilot has gotten far less advertisement because they moved it forward to bulk out the wave? 
 

cheers :) 

Where are you getting this? It's already been explained in this forum that gaps in set numbers are common and don't mean sets are "cancelled". And the TIE pilot thing is confusing, are you saying that they cancelled 3 TROS sets and then hastily increased production of a third helmet?

2 hours ago, Gjm-greeny said:

That sounds like it could happen. A new cloth Cape would work really well on an updated grievous. 

On to the rumoured clone wars AAT does anyone know when we might get any leaked or official images of the set?

Yeah, it could be pretty cool, and welcome to eurobricks!

As for the tank, I'm not sure, Lego's clamped down on leaks recently. I would say figures pulled from production will leak in a month or two, but it'll probably be at least june before images of the tank leak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And some people have been mentioning the possibility of another set, does anyone know if this holds any weight? I would assume not, but the razorcrest came out of absolutely nowhere, so..

Landino on Instagram has posted multiple set lists saying we're getting an August retailer exclusive, I don't know if any EB leakers have corroborated that but he's never been wrong in the past, so I'd trust it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, I think there's a difference between a lego figure of slave leia and slave leia running around the battlefield. (Yes, I know dooku's pajamas are a skin but I still think that's different, slave leia is significantly more distracting to see running around on echo base or endor than it is to see dooku in what really just looks like navy blue robes unless you're up close. :laugh:)

Dooku wearing his pyjama can fight Han Solo wearing Hoth gear on Jakku, but that's not weird at all ofc :wink: Battlefront never really cared about skin-on-map accuracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Landino on Instagram has posted multiple set lists saying we're getting an August retailer exclusive, I don't know if any EB leakers have corroborated that but he's never been wrong in the past, so I'd trust it.

Ok, just wanted to make sure there was an actual reliable source behind this, I didn't want to get my hopes up for an imaginary set. (watch it be one of those helmets but it's jar jar's head)

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Dooku wearing his pyjama can fight Han Solo wearing Hoth gear on Jakku, but that's not weird at all ofc :wink: Battlefront never really cared about skin-on-map accuracy

Good point. I still hold that dooku pajamas are the only real contender there as they're the only other skin that a character wouldn't wear into combat, but yeah battlefront's not the most canonically realistic game. (also because they added ewoks to all OT maps). This has gotten pretty far off topic though, if we do get another slave leia minifigure it won't be in 2020.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this type of GWP :wub: I hope they continue with these and also start to expand their scope beyond the OT :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.