MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

30 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Yes, and that is assuming no delays because of virus!

Lego is delaying only sets based on movies, for example half of Minions sets or Ghostbusters sets.

12 hours ago, dnme said:

Why?  Nien Nunb flew in the Millennium Falcon in Return Of The Jedi.

Because the last A-wing(75175) included Lando from the Battle of Endor.

22 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

Because the last A-wing(75175) included Lando from the Battle of Endor.

that also doesn't make any sense.

On 4/5/2020 at 5:37 AM, legosamsonite said:

I would bet on Angry Clone

A little off topic, but does anyone else think the eyes can still be improved further? At the moment they kind remind me of shark eyes. In some cases like Rebels Ahsoka, they make it look like the character is blind. Anakin and Obi-Wan have blue eyes but they’re black on the figure. There has to be some middle ground between the Clone Wars figures and the shark eyes.

1 hour ago, Captain_MKA said:

A little off topic, but does anyone else think the eyes can still be improved further? At the moment they kind remind me of shark eyes. In some cases like Rebels Ahsoka, they make it look like the character is blind. Anakin and Obi-Wan have blue eyes but they’re black on the figure. There has to be some middle ground between the Clone Wars figures and the shark eyes.

Minifigures would look weird with coloured eyes, I hope they never do that. And I mean human eyes with pupils and stuff, these ones should always be black. Eyes for certain characters who have like all blue or red eyes are okay.

5 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Yes, and that is assuming no delays because of virus!

True, probably not as someone stated after your comment, but that's probably on the premesis that things are better in august, not worse.

So how hard will it be to get those sweet trans-yellow dishes on Bricklink? Asking for a friend...

11 hours ago, Tanniao said:

But yes anyone knows if the UCS gunship is going to be mini-figure scale?

We're at minimum one year away from that being released (ie, the absolute earliest we'd see it is the May UCS release in 2021), so there's no details at all.  That said, I would guess if it's similar to most other UCS sets, it'll be larger than minifigure scale, since I think pretty much the only minifig scale UCS sets we've had (not counting the playsets) are the Falcon and like the Naboo Starfighter from almost 20 years ago.  The system scale versions are already as close to minifig scale as we can really get with LEGO, they could maybe make it a bit wider, but the length and height are pretty ideal as it is.  Assuming that the UCS version is at least $200, as most ships have been, I don't really see how they could size it similar to the system versions but justify a price increase of $50 or more.  

Haven't read the last 15-20 pages or so but here's a little bit of speculation from me:

Since TCW S7 is concurrent with RoTS, it's possible that Anakin's interceptor might look a bit more animated if it's shown in the show. If TLG chooses to remake TCW animated heads, they might use it for Anakin in this set.

(Don't ask about making a build look animated, it started to sound stupid to me while I was typing it ?)

12 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

We're at minimum one year away from that being released (ie, the absolute earliest we'd see it is the May UCS release in 2021), so there's no details at all.  That said, I would guess if it's similar to most other UCS sets, it'll be larger than minifigure scale, since I think pretty much the only minifig scale UCS sets we've had (not counting the playsets) are the Falcon and like the Naboo Starfighter from almost 20 years ago.  The system scale versions are already as close to minifig scale as we can really get with LEGO, they could maybe make it a bit wider, but the length and height are pretty ideal as it is.  Assuming that the UCS version is at least $200, as most ships have been, I don't really see how they could size it similar to the system versions but justify a price increase of $50 or more.  

One could make an argument that the Slave I is minfigure scale as well

Is there a possibility that TLG will include 332nd helmets in the 501st set?

There hasn't been box art shown yet.

"Extra" parts are generally not shown on the box or in images, in this case (if this were to be true) it'd probably just be shown on the back of the box and maybe in one image.

Overall I think the chance of this happening is low, but it's definitely a slim possibility.

Just now, scrapper142valk said:

Is there a possibility that TLG will include 332nd helmets in the 501st set?

There hasn't been box art shown yet.

"Extra" parts are generally not shown on the box or in images, in this case (if this were to be true) it'd probably just be shown on the back of the box and maybe in one image.

Overall I think the chance of this happening is low, but it's definitely a slim possibility.

No. We've already seen pictures with the full contents of the set

2 hours ago, namioik said:

One could make an argument that the Slave I is minfigure scale as well

Not sure you need to make that argument, it's generally considered to be fact.

2 hours ago, namioik said:

I think pretty much the only minifig scale UCS sets we've had (not counting the playsets) are the Falcon and like the Naboo Starfighter from almost 20 years ago.

The Imperial shuttle was also minifig-scale. One of the few remaining UCS sets I wouldn't mind seeing updated...

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Minifigures would look weird with coloured eyes, I hope they never do that. And I mean human eyes with pupils and stuff, these ones should always be black. Eyes for certain characters who have like all blue or red eyes are okay.

Back in Indiana Jones they did blue eyes for Willie. Lloyd in Ninjago has green eyes, and Zane has blue eyes. I think those all look pretty fine to me. 

10 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Back in Indiana Jones they did blue eyes for Willie. Lloyd in Ninjago has green eyes, and Zane has blue eyes. I think those all look pretty fine to me. 

Willie looked weird. Ninjago characters are a whole different thing, as they have much more cartoony faces based on animation, not to mention that they are yellow.

9 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Ah I see I hope that it does come with a good selection of mini figures then, hopefully some exclusives.

8 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Not sure you need to make that argument, it's generally considered to be fact.

The Imperial shuttle was also minifig-scale. One of the few remaining UCS sets I wouldn't mind seeing updated...

Whoops, I did definitely forget about those. 

I will say this though, outside of the Imperial Shuttle, I think all of the other minifigure scale UCS ships are ones that the system scale sets can't accurately capture the correct size.  Slave I or the Falcon at $100 or $150 price points are obviously much smaller than their actual size, so it requires a $250 or $800 set to actually nail down the sizing.  The gunship is already sized pretty well at $150, which is why I don't see how they could make it minifigure scale and justify a $200+ price point that we probably can expect for UCS ships at this point.  

I remember standing in line back in 1977 to see Star Wars.  Ditto for the next two of the series.  After that, not so much.  Anyway, bought 75192 a couple of years ago simply to own the largest Lego set.  Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago.  Stay at home orders.  Covid19.  What to do?  Go to the storage unit and bring 75192 home!  Did I mention, I’m also not a big fan of pins and beams with holes in them? With that said, what a spectacular set!  I marvel at the skill it took to design this and put it into production.  Over 7,500 pieces with nothing missing.  My favorite builds previously were the Death Star and the large Ninjago buildings.  But, at heart, I’m a modular building collector.  75192 is near the top of my list.  Only questions now is what the heck to I do with this monster?  Probably give it to one of the kids in the neighborhood.  I spread the build out over 12 days.  Challenging?  Yes.  Frustrating, no.  I do understand some of the comments out there about fragility.  But, I slid a thick piece of wood under it and move it around with no problems or ‘drop offs’.  $799 is a lot of money.  But, if any toy is worth that amount, this is certainly it.  I know I’m a bit late to comment on the set, but this seemed like the best place to express my delayed enthusiasm about it.  

Edited by Options

Helmets already out of stock in Australia. Probably should’ve seen it coming, there goes my plan to grab them with the A-Wing.

58 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Helmets already out of stock in Australia. Probably should’ve seen it coming, there goes my plan to grab them with the A-Wing.

Why the panic? None of those sets are limited editions so you have a full year to buy them. And if you are patient you can get a nice discount as well.

Edited by legolandia

The May 4th promo of the death star 2 leaked with an a-wing and tie interceptor.

Hope we get leaks for the August stuff ? gonna be one of the best waves

On 4/17/2020 at 12:35 PM, ARC2149Nova said:

You guys are too cynical. :wink: Nothing wrong with a little speculation.

Sometimes there is something wrong with a little speculation. This thread needs to be used for discussion actual sets and substantiated rumors. Pure speculation should go in this thread.

20 hours ago, danth said:

So how hard will it be to get those sweet trans-yellow dishes on Bricklink? Asking for a friend...

They will probably be available on Bricks and Piece once they open again. They closed right now due to COVID19.

On the Legoleaks insta there is a rumour that the second Star Wars D2C set will be a rerelease of the UCS Death Star 2 (2005). 

Anyone here knows if this is reliable?