MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

Is there tcw/prequel sets after this wave? For like 2021? Or should I start bundling up on this being the last clone wars wave? Because imo I don’t know what other battle the could do next year, I mean we most likely can see a droid battle pack then a p2 clone troopers battle pack. The only other that they can redo is those or maybe a rebel troopers battle pack. But idk. Because they have done all the other battle packs. now what’s left is a battle pack for clones a droids. Or is lego sticking to this new $30 dollar 501st type set build?

Actually now that I think about it’s not a bad bargain. if lego gives us the same 501st set like $30 dollar build with 2 droids and 4 clones, that would sell like hotcakes. that’s only if lego switches it up every once in a while like, giving us a wolf pack, and droid pack and a 212th pack. however that’s a huge if and I highly doubt lego would do that. if lego did do that I would be so happy. Can you imagine the same 501st but with different troopers recon core, wolf pack, 212th, 41st. will lego do all these? most likely not. still high hopes though!

We don't know anything about what's coming after this wave yet. Since there's no new movies coming out until 2022, next year will be a good time to focus on older content, though I wouldn't be surprised if the new season of The Mandalorian gets a few sets early next year.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Also, I don't really think the $30 model has as much potential to be changed around to different factions besides clones and maybe droids.  I don't think that the rebels or even stormtroopers ever really had small vehicles to the point of being able to put two in a $30 set

The rebel AT-RT from BFII :tongue:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope not. People can hate me all they want for ''being negative'' but I'm not a big fan of that 501st set

Yeah, but all the hypes that fans have been wanting for years. I hope this isn’t a cheap way for people to get whatever they want out of lego.

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I don't think they'd transition away from battle packs, because that would basically eliminate any price point lower than $20 with the exception of the Microfighters.  I don't think we've gotten a SW set that isn't a battle pack or Microfighter priced at $14.99 or less in probably close to ten years or more right now, and I feel like they'd want to keep some playset in that price range.  Kids love minifigures, and so do adults, so pricing a pack of figures with a small scene at about $15 makes it very attainable and likely that both groups are going to buy.  Kids can afford it, parents will buy it for them, and adults will buy multiples because they're cheap.  When you start jacking the price of army builders up to $30, yes you can fit more stuff in there, but fewer people are going to buy it on an impulse in the same way that a battle pack may sell.

Also, I don't really think the $30 model has as much potential to be changed around to different factions besides clones and maybe droids.  I don't think that the rebels or even stormtroopers ever really had small vehicles to the point of being able to put two in a $30 set, with the exception of maybe Endor speeder bikes (but you'd need to put like 3-4 in a $30 set or else there's no chance anyone buys that).  I think I'll probably get one, but if it wasn't the 501st specifically, I don't think this set would have nearly the same hype that it does.  The builds are fine, nothing super novel or particularly incredible, and I think I'd rather that we keep getting locations (Ben's Hut, Yoda's Hut, etc) or duel sets at the $30 price instead of stuff like this.  

Me personally I think that places like yodas hut and obi wans hut are just horrible. They are incredibly over priced and not very interesting minifigures. The duel sets I’m okay with because lego comes out with good figures like, anakin, obi wan, and make windu. In fact the mace windu that came in the grevious set back in 2018 is one of my favorite minifigures. I want more action and I feel like lego has been drawing to much on the original and sequel trilogy (yes I know TROS just came out). But if prequel or clone wars had some love I would be perfectly satisfied. There are so many sets we want the lego passed windows of opportunity to give us. Minifg scale gunship, AT-TE, regular clone battle packs, droid battle packs. I like the idea of the $30 dollar packs, it can been really good if lego uses it right. For example if lego just used the $30 dollar pack thing to give us named clone battalions from now on. And give us a regular 15 dollar battle pack for droids and regular p2 clones then I promise lego is in good business.

16 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I like the idea of the $30 dollar packs, it can been really good if lego uses it right. For example if lego just used the $30 dollar pack thing to give us named clone battalions from now on. And give us a regular 15 dollar battle pack for droids and regular p2 clones then I promise lego is in good business.

Hey! That's not a bad strategy. Perhaps we may be seeing that with the way we still got a couple of nameless character battlepack series with the Mandalorian and ROS and this summer 501st one being the specialized one. We'll have to wait and see what the future holds.

17 minutes ago, HutchProDucktions said:

And give us a regular 15 dollar battle pack for droids

After the new 501st set I would love if they did a droid battlepack, more so than if they kept doing different clone legions at the $30 price point. For 15 dollars i would certainly like to get more than 4 b1s in a set like that, considering that they have no printing and are made of less plastic. I think the best option would be the same figure selection as the 2007 droid battlepack and the build would be a similar droid transportation vehicle as that set had.

4 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

We don't know anything about what's coming after this wave yet. Since there's no new movies coming out until 2022, next year will be a good time to focus on older content, though I wouldn't be surprised if the new season of The Mandalorian gets a few sets early next year.

Is Mando s2 still coming in the fall? I know it was supposed to release in october, but did they finish filming before the virus hit? I would assume not but I haven't heard anything about delays on it. 

I guess with how long it takes lego to design sets it wouldn't impact that. Yeah I agree the next few years will be lots of sets from the first six films and hopefully some mop-up of sets missing from the newer ones, along with sets for the disney+ shows of course.. If we're really lucky, maybe some high republic, though it's unlikely.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The rebel AT-RT from BFII :tongue:

Please no, not the extreme laziness of battlefront 2 at launch! Not to mention another AT-RT anytime soon would exceed landspeeder levels of repetition and probably cause me to go insane. :grin:

50 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

After the new 501st set I would love if they did a droid battlepack, more so than if they kept doing different clone legions at the $30 price point. For 15 dollars i would certainly like to get more than 4 b1s in a set like that, considering that they have no printing and are made of less plastic. I think the best option would be the same figure selection as the 2007 droid battlepack and the build would be a similar droid transportation vehicle as that set had.

That would be great. It's also possible this AAT serves as a counterpart to the 501st legion set (though I hope not, I'd much rather have S7 ahsoka than more clones).

Regarding the idea of more 501st style sets, no, I think it's unlikely. The amount of hype this has among the Afol community is great, but it's a one-off.

And just imagine the anger if they started making only $30 battle packs :laugh:

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Is Mando s2 still coming in the fall? I know it was supposed to release in october, but did they finish filming before the virus hit? I would assume not but I haven't heard anything about delays on it.

Yes, it finished filming early last month. It may well still get delayed, given how things are going, but it won't be because of that at least.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Please no, not the extreme laziness of battlefront 2 at launch! Not to mention another AT-RT anytime soon would exceed landspeeder levels of repetition and probably cause me to go insane. :grin:

Ah, but it would give them another chance to make one proportionally accurate xD

15 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Yes, it finished filming early last month. It may well still get delayed, given how things are going, but it won't be because of that at least.

That's good to hear. If the razorcrest and brickheadz were, assumably, rushed once the Mandalorian came out and was shown to be so popular, I think it's likely lego learned from their mistake and 2021 will bring more sets.

43 minutes ago, HutchProDucktions said:

Ah, but it would give them another chance to make one proportionally accurate xD

Ah yes, the Rebel legion troopers set, $30 with 4 rebels, two imperial security droids, a rebel AT-RT and another battlefront 2 staple, everyone's favorite x-34 landspeeder with a gun slapped on the hood. :laugh:

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ah yes, the Rebel legion troopers set, $30 with 4 rebels, two imperial security droids, a rebel AT-RT and another battlefront 2 staple, everyone's favorite x-34 landspeeder with a gun slapped on the hood. :laugh:

And then start looking forward to the a new $100 playset called Heroic Might. Allowing you to put 10 of Star Wars' most iconic villains against the Chosen One, only for all of them to get obliterated within seconds!

When should we start getting more official/unofficial content regarding the summer wave? I assume A-Wing images will come out any day now, but what about the August stuff? I should really start paying attention to these things as waves come out from year to year :grin:

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And then start looking forward to the a new $100 playset called Heroic Might. Allowing you to put 10 of Star Wars' most iconic villains against the Chosen One, only for all of them to get obliterated within seconds!

Now kids can start Skywalking over the competition! Baseplates and Background models not included

2 hours ago, CNF said:

When should we start getting more official/unofficial content regarding the summer wave? I assume A-Wing images will come out any day now, but what about the August stuff? I should really start paying attention to these things as waves come out from year to year :grin:

You really never know. Last year the August DC wave was revealed at the end of March, while HP for June was revealed the end of April.

If I had to guess id say we should have set pics by the end of May. Maybe very early June?

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not since the latest update :cry2:

Speaking of the games, with battlefront 2 it took them over a year from launch to get a set out, so I'm still holding out hope for a fallen order set in january 2021.

2 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Now kids can start Skywalking over the competition! Baseplates and Background models not included

THE HEROES CAN'T STOP THE MAUL STREAK

1 minute ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

You really never know. Last year the August DC wave was revealed at the end of March, while HP for June was revealed the end of April.

If I had to guess id say we should have set pics by the end of May. Maybe very early June?

It depends. We will probably see leaks for figures and such within a month or two, but actual pictures are most likely to come out about when you say. That said, I seem to remember the images for the january waves leaking in late november the last few years, so it might be more like late june.

Advanced issues found

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's good to hear. If the razorcrest and brickheadz were, assumably, rushed once the Mandalorian came out and was shown to be so popular, I think it's likely lego learned from their mistake and 2021 will bring more sets.

The Star Wars license is largely Disney led, rather than by licensees making most of the decisions. If LEGO doesn't get to see advanced material to make judgements on then they can't be held responsible.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

THE HEROES CAN'T STOP THE MAUL STREAK

KENOBI BRINGS THE DEATH STICKS:laugh:

boy I love HvV commentary. They should make a LEGO droid like Mario that just randomly says HvV things. I don't care if its $500 ill buy.

5 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

The DC wave was made for the 80th anniversary of Batman, they were revealed on the anniversary in march and released in august. That's why we got the pictures so early

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The DC wave was made for the 80th anniversary of Batman, they were revealed on the anniversary in march and released in august. That's why we got the pictures so early

I'm aware. I was simply saying that that was the day we first got pictures for DC.

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname
I am stupid, and cannot spell.

2 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

What new maul leak? And.. Mauls a dude....:wacko:

The one from the book, based on his Solo appearance.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Also perhaps because they were released in June outside of North America.

If I remember correctly we did get solid leaks about the January 2020 wave by this time last year however. Obi Wan’s hit and the code names for the micro fighters I believe.

15 hours ago, CNF said:

My understanding was that the official A-Wing reveal was scheduled for this Friday originally so I’d expect leaks to happen any day soon. 

10 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

I am loving the new Maul leak. She is looking so pretty! :wub:

I belive you just see the figure from the book. And As @2lazeetomakeaname said, Maul's male.

10 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

KENOBI BRINGS THE DEATH STICKS:laugh:

SOLO HYPERSLAYS THE COMPETITION 

@LEGOscum I see. In that case I'd argue that Disney doesn't want a repeat of Baby Yoda, (itself a repeat of the lack of ready merchandise for the first star wars film back in 1977), and will make sure all the merch for this season is happening, but I suppose the sets we already know we're getting are coming out close enough before S2 to be promotion. It's also interesting that Disney makes most of the decisions of that type.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

In that case I'd argue that Disney doesn't want a repeat of Baby Yoda, (itself a repeat of the lack of ready merchandise for the first star wars film back in 1977), and will make sure all the merch for this season is happening, but I suppose the sets we already know we're getting are coming out close enough before S2 to be promotion. It's also interesting that Disney makes most of the decisions of that type.

I think Disney would kill for a repeat of Baby Yoda. The publicity generated from that reveal was clearly worth whatever they sacrificed in immediate merchandising profits.