MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Displayedaction said:

I would take an educated guess and say the AAT is clone wars based. I don’t think LEGO would just release one set relating to it espically when they can release the most advertised trooper of the season on its poster as a minifig as well as ahsoka on the other main poster.The AAT does also happen to be shown in an upcoming episode.Lego does need to change anakins hair piece though it looks so out of place to me.

We already know it's Clone Wars based as it's confirmed to be blue. The only AAT's to appear in the movies were tan

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We already know it's Clone Wars based as it's confirmed to be blue. The only AAT's to appear in the movies were tan

Yup.

I'm personally just hoping for a different clone trooper, be it shiny, 332nd, Jesse/arc, 91st, etc. Hopefully we get maul and ahsoka, too, but I doubt we'll get both.

The AAT probably has forces on both sides, and since we know what sets anakin and kenobi are in, hopefully the republic/jedi forces in this set (if there are, which I think is likely), would most likely be ahsoka or some sort of clone.

I hope we get Rex in the Interceptor. Even though it's likely to only include Anakin and R2, wouldn't hurt to throw Rex in there. Then possibly Ahsoka and Jesse for the AAT. It would keep the clones 501st without repeating any (though it'll probably be 332nd over Jesse, but I digress).

I'm still beyond hyped about getting a Jet Trooper, so it'll be good to get a whole team of 501st troopers, hopefully with Rex at the helm.

I swear if they just include 2 B1s in the AAT (droid-wise)... Hopefully they'll at least throw in a super. Please Lego, anything but B1s would be nice. Hell, at this point I'd even take a Droideka! :laugh:

A new Ahsoka would be my first choice, and it would make sense. I doubt Maul will be included, since we just got him in the book.

6 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I swear if they just include 2 B1s in the AAT (droid-wise)... Hopefully they'll at least throw in a super. Please Lego, anything but B1s would be nice. Hell, at this point I'd even take a Droideka! :laugh:

BX Commandos when?

7 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I hope we get Rex in the Interceptor. Even though it's likely to only include Anakin and R2, wouldn't hurt to throw Rex in there. Then possibly Ahsoka and Jesse for the AAT. It would keep the clones 501st without repeating any (though it'll probably be 332nd over Jesse, but I digress).

I doubt they'll ever give us specific clones other than the commanders (Rex, Cody, Wolffe, Gree etc)

5 hours ago, CNF said:

A new Ahsoka would be my first choice, and it would make sense. I doubt Maul will be included, since we just got him in the book.

That Maul is based off his appearance in Solo, the sets could theoretically still include a Clone Wars Maul

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I doubt they'll ever give us specific clones other than the commanders (Rex, Cody, Wolffe, Gree etc)

Given Jesse's a part of the Siege of Mandalore, if Lego decides to give us the 501st and Rex (the latter being pure speculation), it would make sense to include another exclusive 501st figure in the AAT/Interceptor (depending on which Rex would be part of). I doubt we'll get 332nd troopers outside a battle pack (a $15 one), and to keep it true blue Jesse makes the most sense. They don't even have to name him, just pull a Hammer and call him "501st ARC Trooper". :wink:

Of course, we probably won't get clones in all 3 Clone Wars sets. However, I did predict that we'd see a Jet Trooper (even if in the wrong set), so anything's possible.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

Since we’re only getting a few sets for TCW I’m hoping Anakin’s Interceptor comes with more than just Anakin and R2, although my hopes aren’t very high. Hopefully the AAT will include Ahsoka. I think Maul is too much to hope for this time but I’m hoping they continue to make some TCW sets peppered into the waves of sets in the future 

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think Maul is too much to hope for this time but I’m hoping they continue to make some TCW sets peppered into the waves of sets in the future 

Imo, I think the book Maul is good enough. He doesn't really change outfits like that. There are probably a few differences between this and his Solo appearance, (actually just the medallion) but I think it'll do until a duel set or something of the sort. And since he does have the medallion in the book, Lego will just release him in the future without it, preserving the exclusivity of the figure.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Imo, I think the book Maul is good enough. He doesn't really change outfits like that. There are probably a few differences between this and his Solo appearance, (actually just the medallion) but I think it'll do until a duel set or something of the sort. And since he does have the medallion in the book, Lego will just release him in the future without it, preserving the exclusivity of the figure.

The robes are a little different too but it probably will have to suffice until he’s (hopefully) included in a future set

37 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

but I think it'll do until a duel set or something of the sort. 

A $20 Mandalore duel set similair to Starkiller Base but with Maul and Ahsoka would sell like hot cakes

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A $20 Mandalore duel set similair to Starkiller Base but with Maul and Ahsoka would sell like hot cakes

January 2021! You heard it here first! :laugh:

14 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'm still beyond hyped about getting a Jet Trooper, so it'll be good to get a whole team of 501st troopers, hopefully with Rex at the helm.

I think we'll see Ahsoka, one more new clone, or both. Personally I think it's most likely that ahsoka or rex will come in the tank, possibly both or one with another clone. I wish we'd get jesse, but I think it's really unlikely, besides Hammer we've never had a named clone that wasn't a commander (I wouldn't count gregor seeing as he wasn't wearing clone armor in the set he came in). 

It's a $40 set and looking at the past two AATs (of drastically different sizes), we had a set that accounting for inflation would be $60 today with a jedi, a clone, and 5 droids. We also had a more recent set that sold for $25 with 1 gungan and 2 droids. So we'll probably see somewhere in between that.

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes, that would be a very good set, even if it's literally just them on a baseplate.

I would buy several copies of that duel set if they ever made it. 

I’m actually really curious what the difference in parts will be between this AAT and the most recent TPM version. Obviously the colors will be different but I wonder how the design will compare 

I'm hoping that the new one brings back the pieces that they used for the bottom section in the 2009 version.  I think that the 2015 version had the bottom deck section be a bit too tall.  I'm assuming it'll also be a decent amount larger in size, since it was a $25 set compared to a $40 set.  Even accounting for increasing prices, I can't see the 2015 version selling for much more than $30 if they put it out today, so there's gotta be a size increase.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'm hoping that the new one brings back the pieces that they used for the bottom section in the 2009 version.  I think that the 2015 version had the bottom deck section be a bit too tall.  I'm assuming it'll also be a decent amount larger in size, since it was a $25 set compared to a $40 set.  Even accounting for increasing prices, I can't see the 2015 version selling for much more than $30 if they put it out today, so there's gotta be a size increase.

Eh, LEGO can see it:laugh: i'm hoping its a opposite 501st set. 2015 size AAT, STAP, 4 b1s, and 2 clones. I can see that for $40

32 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Eh, LEGO can see it:laugh: i'm hoping its a opposite 501st set. 2015 size AAT, STAP, 4 b1s, and 2 clones. I can see that for $40

That would be nice, though it's a bit more than the 2015 set.

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Yeah, with inflation it's $27 today, they can't jack up the price by that much. I could see it just being a bit bigger and having some more figures, like @2lazeetomakeaname says.

37 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I mentioned this the other day and I would prefer a STAP with some battle droids and clones over a larger AAT. I really like the idea of when multiple sets in the wave are released that can go together in one big battle, most recently we saw it with the gunship and the AT AP, and I hope they include extra troops in the AAT so they can fight your 501st clones. I think the best wave that did that was in 2007 when they had the clone and droid battle pack along with the MTT, Naboo Starfighter and Soulless One so if you got all of them you could have a giant battle.

If they did 2 clones in the AAT, I personally hope they're 212ths. 

Speaking of 212, I think there may be a chance Grevious Starfighter has Cody. I know they said "marked" not "named" clone, but did they ever say "its 100% not Cody"? On the other hand, if we get Cody and not Rex, we riot:devil_laugh:

11 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Speaking of 212, I think there may be a chance Grevious Starfighter has Cody. I know they said "marked" not "named" clone, but did they ever say "its 100% not Cody"? On the other hand, if we get Cody and not Rex, we riot:devil_laugh:

I believe a few reliable sources in this thread had confirmed that it was not Cody.  It seems strange that they'd just give us a random clone, but I trust the sources, plus they would need a new helmet mold since I don't think we have a Phase II with a visor yet.

So the Tantive IV was officially revealed exactly one year ago.  Here's hoping for the A-Wing any day now!  :excited:

10 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Yes, multiple reliable sources have said "it's not cody"

10 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I believe a few reliable sources in this thread had confirmed that it was not Cody.  It seems strange that they'd just give us a random clone, but I trust the sources, plus they would need a new helmet mold since I don't think we have a Phase II with a visor yet.

Yeah, we don't have a p2 with visor mold. I like that there aren't holes in the side of the helmets like with the p1 troopers, but it does limit the use use of the helmets for characters like Cody and Rex.

Is there tcw/prequel sets after this wave? For like 2021? Or should I start bundling up on this being the last clone wars wave? Because imo I don’t know what other battle the could do next year, I mean we most likely can see a droid battle pack then a p2 clone troopers battle pack. The only other that they can redo is those or maybe a rebel troopers battle pack. But idk. Because they have done all the other battle packs. now what’s left is a battle pack for clones a droids. Or is lego sticking to this new $30 dollar 501st type set build?

Actually now that I think about it’s not a bad bargain. if lego gives us the same 501st set like $30 dollar build with 2 droids and 4 clones, that would sell like hotcakes. that’s only if lego switches it up every once in a while like, giving us a wolf pack, and droid pack and a 212th pack. however that’s a huge if and I highly doubt lego would do that. if lego did do that I would be so happy. Can you imagine the same 501st but with different troopers recon core, wolf pack, 212th, 41st. will lego do all these? most likely not. still high hopes though!

40 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Actually now that I think about it’s not a bad bargain. if lego gives us the same 501st set like $30 dollar build with 2 droids and 4 clones, that would sell like hotcakes. that’s only if lego switches it up every once in a while like, giving us a wolf pack, and droid pack and a 212th pack. however that’s a huge if and I highly doubt lego would do that. if lego did do that I would be so happy. Can you imagine the same 501st but with different troopers recon core, wolf pack, 212th, 41st. will lego do all these? most likely not. still high hopes though!

I hope not. People can hate me all they want for ''being negative'' but I'm not a big fan of that 501st set

I don't think they'd transition away from battle packs, because that would basically eliminate any price point lower than $20 with the exception of the Microfighters.  I don't think we've gotten a SW set that isn't a battle pack or Microfighter priced at $14.99 or less in probably close to ten years or more right now, and I feel like they'd want to keep some playset in that price range.  Kids love minifigures, and so do adults, so pricing a pack of figures with a small scene at about $15 makes it very attainable and likely that both groups are going to buy.  Kids can afford it, parents will buy it for them, and adults will buy multiples because they're cheap.  When you start jacking the price of army builders up to $30, yes you can fit more stuff in there, but fewer people are going to buy it on an impulse in the same way that a battle pack may sell.

Also, I don't really think the $30 model has as much potential to be changed around to different factions besides clones and maybe droids.  I don't think that the rebels or even stormtroopers ever really had small vehicles to the point of being able to put two in a $30 set, with the exception of maybe Endor speeder bikes (but you'd need to put like 3-4 in a $30 set or else there's no chance anyone buys that).  I think I'll probably get one, but if it wasn't the 501st specifically, I don't think this set would have nearly the same hype that it does.  The builds are fine, nothing super novel or particularly incredible, and I think I'd rather that we keep getting locations (Ben's Hut, Yoda's Hut, etc) or duel sets at the $30 price instead of stuff like this.