MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Almost all setdiscussions on the entirety of this forum are about leaks, if we'd limit ourselves to things that are officially confirmed this site would've been dead by now

Well, the thread would become a little rusty from time to time, but I think that the site as a whole would be fine:)

2 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

Well, the thread would become a little rusty from time to time, but I think that the site as a whole would be fine:)

It's rusty from time to time WITH leaks. Without it there would be like a few days in a year when we would discuss anything. Just think about it, let's take this year for example:

1. January wave available in stores.

2. The Mandalorian Brickheadz and Razor Crest announced at Toy Fair.

3. More pictures of Razor Crest released. 

4. Busts and D-O officially revealed.

5. 501st Battle Pack reveal.

6. Lego officially reveals UCS A-Wing.

7. April wave available in stores.

8. A-Wing UCS available in stores. 

9. Lego officially reveals August sets and rest of the sets for the year (Advent Calendar, mosaic and 100€ retailer exclusive).

10. August wave available in stores.

11. September wave available in stores.

12. January 2021 wave officially revealed. 

And that's all. Few days (around 7) when they officially reveal sets. Reveals usually burn out after a few days (let's say 5). That gives us 35 days of discussing official reveals. The only other thing to discuss are sets in stores, people talking about what they bought or people discussing discounts. That's all. The forum wouldn't even function for 100 days in a year.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's rusty from time to time WITH leaks. Without it there would be like a few days in a year when we would discuss anything. Just think about it, let's take this year for example:

1. January wave available in stores.

2. The Mandalorian Brickheadz and Razor Crest announced at Toy Fair.

3. More pictures of Razor Crest released. 

4. Busts and D-O officially revealed.

5. 501st Battle Pack reveal.

6. Lego officially reveals UCS A-Wing.

7. April wave available in stores.

8. A-Wing UCS available in stores. 

9. Lego officially reveals August sets and rest of the sets for the year (Advent Calendar, mosaic and 100€ retailer exclusive).

10. August wave available in stores.

11. September wave available in stores.

12. January 2021 wave officially revealed. 

And that's all. Few days (around 7) when they officially reveal sets. Reveals usually burn out after a few days (let's say 5). That gives us 35 days of discussing official reveals. The only other thing to discuss are sets in stores, people talking about what they bought or people discussing discounts. That's all. The forum wouldn't even function for 100 days in a year.

I think you forgot some games and books;)

27 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I think you forgot some games and books;)

That's just a one page discussion, and I think this thread is for sets, not games.

16 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

Ive been thinking about the AAT piece count and price and its being assumed that the new one will just be a Clone Wars recolor of the 2015 version because of the piece count. With that in mind, i noticed before that there is an increase of 35 pieces and the price has increased 15 bucks in the new AAT. Is it possible that they have included a small side build such as a STAP with the AAT to justify the price increase? 35 pieces is more than enough to add one in, as the Clone Wars STAP in the Battle of Saleucami from 2014 is made up of 21 pieces and its stand is another 5 pieces.

I think it is more likely that those pieces go into an improved AAT. Especially the disc-section and the turret could use a better design.

The legs of the new clone trooper actually seem more accurate than before, but the torso and helmet really aren't.

SJdtGrs.png

I wonder whether the clone in Grievous' Starfighter will look like this as well, or if it's once again a separate style for TCW sets only.

Edited by Graupensuppe

5 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

I think it is more likely that those pieces go into an improved AAT. Especially the disc-section and the turret could use a better design.

The price increase of 15 dollars just feels ridiculous for a set that was 25 dollars 5 years ago and gets no changes besides the recolor, which is the only confirmed change we have so far. Im hoping we do get some kind of change at all whether that be an improvement to the AAT itself like what you said, or that we get a STAP and/or extra droids in the set.

1 hour ago, SillySeeker said:

The price increase of 15 dollars just feels ridiculous for a set that was 25 dollars 5 years ago and gets no changes besides the recolor, which is the only confirmed change we have so far. Im hoping we do get some kind of change at all whether that be an improvement to the AAT itself like what you said, or that we get a STAP and/or extra droids in the set.

I mean, we can't exactly say that there's no changes since we haven't seen it yet.  There could be new parts involved, more figures (IIRC the most recent one only included Jar Jar and some B1 droids).  I would withhold judging the price until we actually see it.  

Looking forward to the 501st set. Overall its a great gesture on legos part. Lots of people wanted this including myself. I plan on buying a lot of them to my clone army. This set will get me closer to finishing my clone army. Crossing fingers and praying though that job isn't lost or the Mrs. and that the world doesn't head into a depressing. If that's the case I'll see you all in the soup lines.

20 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Minifigs from the Tantive leaked well in advance of the set’s announcement. It was pretty much known at that point. 

If you’re looking for “officially confirmed”, you might as well limit yourself to Lego’s website, rather than asking on a forum like this. 

I think you and others missed the point. 

You are using the word confirmed very loosely and inaccurately.

You could at least say : confirmed by X (so people will understand it wasn't official.)  Or word it so the statement is about the leak since nothing has actually been confirmed by anyone who works for TLG.

I'm not some under 30 year old kid who is new to following Lego leaks (I've been following them long before there was an Instagram lol) 

Anyone who has been in the hobby for at least a decade or 2 has seen leaks of figures/sets that never come to fruition.

It should be understood that projects have been scrapped just prior to production multiple times.

Words matter.  Calling something confirmed that isn't is foolish.  

I'm sure the ucs will most likely be an A wing...that has been talked about for at least 6 months.  Calling it confirmed when it isn't is just spreading bad information from people who haven't been around long enough to know better.

48 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

You could at least say : confirmed by X (so people will understand it wasn't official.)  Or word it so the statement is about the leak since nothing has actually been confirmed by anyone who works for TLG.

I'm not some under 30 year old kid who is new to following Lego leaks (I've been following them long before there was an Instagram lol) 

Anyone who has been in the hobby for at least a decade or 2 has seen leaks of figures/sets that never come to fruition.

It should be understood that projects have been scrapped just prior to production multiple times.

I'm sure the ucs will most likely be an A wing...that has been talked about for at least 6 months.  Calling it confirmed when it isn't is just spreading bad information from people who haven't been around long enough to know better.

How about just let sleeping dogs lie and leave it alone? This is how leaks work, period. Doesn't matter how old you are, or how long you've been in the hobby. If the UCS is changed, delayed, cancelled, or whatever else, that doesn't mean that it never existed. We know that sets get cancelled, we know that somethings just don't make it out of concept, that's something every toyline deals with. But, to make an issue of it is just being contentious for the sake of being contentious. This is just as pointless as the spoiler discussion pages back. If it's not an issue, don't make it an issue.

Not trying to be hostile, but this is getting ridiculous.

1 hour ago, lego the hutt said:

We use "confirmed" loosely here. We have used it the same way for as long as I've run this set of topics. You're right, it's not 100% confirmed. But most people understand how it's being used in the context of this topic.

Please everyone, case closed on this.

11 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

The legs of the new clone trooper actually seem more accurate than before, but the torso and helmet really aren't.

I wonder whether the clone in Grievous' Starfighter will look like this as well, or if it's once again a separate style for TCW sets only.

I understand what you're getting at here, but a lot of the things you're pointing out are differences between the TCW and RotS armors that the figure is representing accurately. Those two lines on the right breast aren't present on the animated troopers, and neither are the circle details on the ab plate; and while I agree that the proportions on between the chest and abs on the older figure look better, LEGO is right that the TCW armor has the chestplate mounted higher and not overlapping the belt. They've taken that a bit too far, but given that the proportions of a minifigure are already nightmarishly wrong, I have a hard time finding much fault with them there... I agree with you that the helmet print isn't as nice, though. I see what they were going for with the deep shadows on the cheeks, since they often are depicted like that, but it's too far, and the proportions of the visor and mouth aren't as good as on the other one (although they're still an improvement over the 501st troopers from 2013). But wow, they really need blue arms. I know the actual arms are more white than blue, so technically this might be closer in terms of pure area of color, but it looks wrong. Luckily that'll be easily fixable.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:07 PM, ArrowBricks said:

Atleast we now know what the Clone Trooper figure will be in the Greivous starfighter...a 212th Trooper with this new design.

It is a possibility, yes, but in no way certain.

I think it's safe to say that the new 501st design is based on TCW. In TCW, however, 212th troopers were never near "Soulless One". 

So if you're right that would mean that Lego uses the new TCW design for prequel sets as well (which I think is unlikely) or that they combine vehicles and figures from TCW in a PT setup (which I think is unlikely as well).

That's why I think that the clone is either not a 212th trooper or that he will have a different design than the 501st trooper. (And due to my inherent and persistent stubbornness, I'm still positive that it's Commander Cody :).)

Edited by Brickadeer

3 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

a lot of the things you're pointing out are differences between the TCW and RotS armors that the figure is representing accurately. Those two lines on the right breast aren't present on the animated troopers, and neither are the circle details on the ab plate; and while I agree that the proportions on between the chest and abs on the older figure look better, LEGO is right that the TCW armor has the chestplate mounted higher and not overlapping the belt. They've taken that a bit too far, but given that the proportions of a minifigure are already nightmarishly wrong, I have a hard time finding much fault with them there...

True, except for the black cheek lines all the changes are based on the animated version of the clone trooper armor. But that's what Lego seemed to have stopped doing in 2015, and I thought that was the right decision. For example, the 2015 senate commandos with accurate movie-style armor looked much better than the earlier ones to me. If we know what something is supposed to look like because it appeared in the live-action movies, I see no reason to replicate the distorted style from the series. That applies to both faces and armor. All Lego minifigures are caricatures to some degree, but "TCW-style" minifigures are caricatures of caricatures.

Edited by Graupensuppe

Anyone knows if the faces would be the human flesh clone head or the clone wars clone head?

5 minutes ago, Tanniao said:

Anyone knows if the faces would be the human flesh clone head or the clone wars clone head?

Upon closer inspection I realized that there were in fact two more minifigures with TCW-like clone trooper armor after 2014: Old Rex and Wolffe from the 2016 AT-TE. However, I think there hasn't been a single cartoony face since 2014, so I'd say chances are that at least the heads will keep the regular faces.

Edited by Graupensuppe

5 minutes ago, Tanniao said:

I would bet on Angry Clone

On 4/4/2020 at 5:42 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Why did that price baffle you? It's the exact same price as every other Jedi Interceptor/Starfighter from the last few years

Almost all setdiscussions on the entirety of this forum are about leaks, if we'd limit ourselves to things that are officially confirmed this site would've been dead by now

I hope I'm wrong, but isn't it supposed to be $30? I just remember the previous two being $25, which is why I'm at least hoping that they'll increase the figs included to have more characters. Even so, $25 I found a lot for a design as small as the interceptor and was pleased with the $20 price of his Clone Wars starfighter.

22 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

Thanks for that great breakdown! Makes me really hopeful of the new design.

16 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

I agree, which is why I'm at least hoping they include additional figures.

8 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

That's why I think that the clone is either not a 212th trooper or that he will have a different design than the 501st trooper. (And due to my inherent and persistent stubbornness, I'm still positive that it's Commander Cody :).)

Really hoping so!

17 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

If I remember correctly, it's in between the size of the 2009 and 2015 ones rather than just a recolor.

1 hour ago, HutchProDucktions said:

I hope I'm wrong, but isn't it supposed to be $30? I just remember the previous two being $25, which is why I'm at least hoping that they'll increase the figs included to have more characters. Even so, $25 I found a lot for a design as small as the interceptor and was pleased with the $20 price of his Clone Wars starfighter.

Yeah, I have sitting on the table near me both the most recent starfighter (Anakin's Clone Wars version), which was $20 and marked down to about $16 at Target by the time it had been on shelves for a year (you can actually still find it at a lot of stores) and an older version of an Eta-class Jedi starfighter (which is from 2007, so I know there's been a lot of upgrades to it since then), but size-wise, the Clone Wars version is just so much larger, it seems strange that the movie Eta-class fighters go for $25-30.  I'd love it if they gave us a buzz droid or something for Anakin to fight in the set, since we haven't gotten one for a while, but I think expecting anything beyond just Anakin/R2-D2 and the ship is wishful thinking.  

do find it to be an odd choice that they're giving us a different version of Anakin's starfighter when you can still find the most recent version on shelves.  I can't imagine a lot of kids would be clamoring for the new one since many could have the 2018 version, and I would guess a lot of parents could end up saying "You already have one just like that!" if a kid asks for it.  I realize that they're different ships, but they're both cheap, small fighters, same figures, and same color scheme.  To someone who isn't paying a lot of attention to the specifics of each set, they may as well be the same.  

5 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Ah i see i would think that they would be tcw faces since the set is based off s7.

5 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

Upon closer inspection I realized that there were in fact two more minifigures with TCW-like clone trooper armor after 2014: Old Rex and Wolffe from the 2016 AT-TE. However, I think there hasn't been a single cartoony face since 2014, so I'd say chances are that at least the heads will keep the regular faces.

Part of me still thinks tlg aint gonna give a hoot and just release the angry clone because it has indeed been so long since a cw head has been released.

Guess we will just wait and see!

On 4/3/2020 at 8:20 PM, SillySeeker said:

Im glad you mentioned that idea of it being a counterpart to the 501st because correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think we know the figure count for the AAT. Whats saying that there isn't 4 or 5 battle droids included to fight your 501st troopers if you bought both.

That's a good point, or maybe there's more than the AAT. There was a period of time where the only thing we knew about the 501st set was "BARC speeder", and I guarantee the reception to a large BARC with 1 or 2 figures would be VERY different than the almost completely positive reception of the 501st set.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:03 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

People on this forum has correctly guessed every UCS before we’ve known anything about it since the Snowspeeder, maybe even longer. It seems like this year’s 2HY set is the first one that we can’t work out since almost everything from the OT has been released at this point.

I'm sorry, but you clearly for got the Gonk droid :head_back:. Realistically, and ironically since we get the system scale one every few years, there is still Luke's Landspeeder, I guess. 

#wewantaUCSgonkdroid, anyone? :laugh_hard: I can't decide between that and the gonk droid battle pack, which would have 18 gonks (with red lightsabers taped to the sides, of course)

On 4/4/2020 at 4:42 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Why did that price baffle you? It's the exact same price as every other Jedi Interceptor/Starfighter from the last few years

At least in the US, it's $10 more than anakin's delta-7 from 2018 and $5 more than our last interceptor, in 2016 i think.

7 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Unfortunately, this is the most likely. It's not a big deal in terms of the set itself, but I don't get why angry clone still exists. It's got to be more expensive than just using a blank black head to look like their body glove, so you don't have flesh being visible when they're in armor, and it's a lot less accurate for at least the stormtroopers. (I would say the clones too, as Temuera Morrison has a darker skin tone than light flesh)

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Unfortunately, this is the most likely. It's not a big deal in terms of the set itself, but I don't get why angry clone still exists. It's got to be more expensive than just using a blank black head to look like their body glove, so you don't have flesh being visible when they're in armor, and it's a lot less accurate for at least the stormtroopers. (I would say the clones too, as Temuera Morrison has a darker skin tone than light flesh)

Didn't they step away from black heads because kids thought Stormtroopers were faceless humanoids or something like that? Or is my brain just messing with me :def_shrug:

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Didn't they step away from black heads because kids thought Stormtroopers were faceless humanoids or something like that? Or is my brain just messing with me :def_shrug:

Didn't they also just use black heads for the Mandalorians in the new battle pack? I don't think they are totally against the idea of using black heads and I would prefer them over the angry clone face. I've never heard of that theory with kids thinking that, but it sounds very interesting.