MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Hidden side excluded evidently, can't even tell what sets they are sometimes 

Cracking point to be honest. Fair play Boga might be happening...

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's probably no Boga in the first place. Star Wars sets are just insanely overpriced.

It's almost like they WANT us to stop buying SW sets with these prices

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Just think about it - in the same wave we get the most wanted Lego set ever that has 4 minfigures (2 new variations exclusive to this set), 2 droids and 2 nice looking vehicles, all of that with 285 pcs for 30€ AND another Grevious' Starfighter with 3 minifigures with 487 pcs for 80€. One set that will sell like hot cakes and another one that will make shelves in the store warm for a long time.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

It’s strange isn’t it. Seeing the hype around the 501st set has reminded me that so many people love and collect Lego Star Wars. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just think about it - in the same wave we get the most wanted Lego set ever that has 4 minfigures (2 new variations exclusive to this set), 2 droids and 2 nice looking vehicles, all of that with 285 pcs for 30€ AND another Grevious' Starfighter with 3 minifigures with 487 pcs for 80€. One set that will sell like hot cakes and another one that will make shelves in the store warm for a long time.

Thing is, I don't know about you guys but if it was $50 (60 at most) I would probably buy it

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup. Just yesterday A-Wing pilot minifigure leaked and the 200€ A-Wing for May The 4th was confirmed. I wouldn't say it was quiet at all.

That's why there's back of the box. They wouldn't just throw a giant lizard into space flying with a spaceship.

But think about this. No one's going to decide whether or not they're going to buy an x-wing because of the ladder. However, a giant lizard, were it to be included in the set, would be of significantly more value were it to be in the set, which I personally doubt in the first place. It would be something that would make at least the people here decide it's at least worth a bit more (though probably not $80). It's not something they'd want to omit from the front of the box, as the front of the box, being the front, is generally seen alot more than the back. And as @SillySeeker points out,

2 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

IMO if they had really included a Boga i think they would have had the scenery on the box art to be of Utapau with the Soulless One docked in one of the hangers with the Boga attacking it, or the Soulless One flying around that giant pit on Utapau with the Boga chasing it.

so there's ways to fit everything on the box easily.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The price per piece is weird here. I already mentioned the 501st set, a minifigure-heavy set, having 1 less part than a set that's not only $10 more expensive but probably not a large battle pack like this is.

I think you guys are focusing too much on price per part. All parts are not created equal, and all parts don't cost the same amount to design, tool, manufacture, ship, etc. 

Ive been thinking about the AAT piece count and price and its being assumed that the new one will just be a Clone Wars recolor of the 2015 version because of the piece count. With that in mind, i noticed before that there is an increase of 35 pieces and the price has increased 15 bucks in the new AAT. Is it possible that they have included a small side build such as a STAP with the AAT to justify the price increase? 35 pieces is more than enough to add one in, as the Clone Wars STAP in the Battle of Saleucami from 2014 is made up of 21 pieces and its stand is another 5 pieces.

Edited by SillySeeker

20 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

Ive been thinking about the AAT piece count and price and its being assumed that the new one will just be a Clone Wars recolor of the 2015 version because of the piece count. With that in mind, i noticed before that there is an increase of 35 pieces and the price has increased 15 bucks in the new AAT. Is it possible that they have included a small side build such as a STAP with the AAT to justify the price increase? 35 pieces is more than enough to add one in, as the Clone Wars STAP in the Battle of Saleucami from 2014 is made up of 21 pieces and its stand is another 5 pieces.

That seems pretty likely to me and would help the AAT set to be a great counterpart for army building to the 501st set.

On a seperate note, I'm glad to get confirmation that Razor Crest will be available to play in the Skywalker saga game, though I had already assumed it would. I like the idea of the set giving an unlock code for the ship in the game but as long as that doesn't become a precedent.  Unless of course, the ship is already in the game and the code just allows you to unlock it right away rather than unlock it through gameplay. Then that's perfectly fine.

Edited by ToaDraco

Just now, ToaDraco said:

That seems pretty likely to me and would help the AAT set to be a great counterpart for army building to the 501st set.

Im glad you mentioned that idea of it being a counterpart to the 501st because correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think we know the figure count for the AAT. Whats saying that there isn't 4 or 5 battle droids included to fight your 501st troopers if you bought both.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I think you guys are focusing too much on price per part. All parts are not created equal, and all parts don't cost the same amount to design, tool, manufacture, ship, etc. 

Glad you mentioned this. Most people don't take this into consideration. When people discuss how inflation affects sets, the size of pieces also need to be taken into account. Back in the day there were many large parts that Lego made that went into sets that may have appeared to have a poor price to piece ratio, however they ended up being more scalable as a result. Needless to say, I think we can all agree that AT-RT would have benefited from them decreasing the piece count/size. :P

49 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

Im glad you mentioned that idea of it being a counterpart to the 501st because correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think we know the figure count for the AAT. Whats saying that there isn't 4 or 5 battle droids included to fight your 501st troopers if you bought both.

That would be an interesting way of utilizing it. Still was hoping for a Rex/Cody minifigure in that set or at least Anakin's interceptor (especially considering the price of it, which I'm still baffled by), but for the sake of army building it could work. Perhaps like the 501st set, it could include a clone or two to match the inverse of the two droids included.

Who confirmed the ucs a wing?  A lego rep?

Are you using the word confirmed incorrectly or was it actually, officially confirmed?

Edited by lego the hutt

Confirmed in the sense that some users on here who know what they're talking about have heavily, heavily hinted that we're getting it.

Plus, we just had a new A-Wing pilot leak, despite the fact that the only unknown set we have at this point for the next ~5 months is a $100 set in August (which is just to say that there's really no set I can ever come up with at a $100 price point that would contain an A-Wing pilot).

It's also been a fairly "guessable" set, since the UCS stuff tends to lean towards the OT and it's pretty much the only major vehicle from that era that has yet to be made into UCS form.  

Edited by Kit Figsto

12 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

It's also been a fairly "guessable" set

People on this forum has correctly guessed every UCS before we’ve known anything about it since the Snowspeeder, maybe even longer. It seems like this year’s 2HY set is the first one that we can’t work out since almost everything from the OT has been released at this point.

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

People on this forum has correctly guessed every UCS before we’ve known anything about it since the Snowspeeder, maybe even longer. It seems like this year’s 2HY set is the first one that we can’t work out since almost everything from the OT has been released at this point.

Agreed. People on this forum have been spot on over the years. High five to you all! The A-Wing minifig all but confirms it. Remember last year's May the 4th was the Tantive IV and pretty much no one saw it coming until the week it came out.

Just now, lego the hutt said:

Ok, so an educated guess.  Not officially confirmed.  Just checking.

Exactly, all but confirmed. It appears to be following the Tantive IV pattern like last year, which means an official confirmation isn't likely to happen until day of release so May the 4th or whenever it is supposed to be released.

Just now, lego the hutt said:

Is that a problem? Because it seems like that's a problem. We even have the figure for it now (leaked through the usual channels), and leakers who are quite reliable have confirmed it. So all that's missing is the press release.

1 hour ago, HutchProDucktions said:

Remember last year's May the 4th was the Tantive IV and pretty much no one saw it coming until the week it came out.

Minifigs from the Tantive leaked well in advance of the set’s announcement. It was pretty much known at that point. 

1 hour ago, lego the hutt said:

If you’re looking for “officially confirmed”, you might as well limit yourself to Lego’s website, rather than asking on a forum like this. 

3 hours ago, HutchProDucktions said:

Exactly, all but confirmed. It appears to be following the Tantive IV pattern like last year, which means an official confirmation isn't likely to happen until day of release so May the 4th or whenever it is supposed to be released.

Apparently you weren't at celebration ;)

"You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means"

Edited by lego the hutt

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thing is, I don't know about you guys but if it was $50 (60 at most) I would probably buy it

I'd really like to buy (I wouldn't tho cause I got more interesting sets to buy). You know, no matter if it's my favourite SW ship or least favourite SW ship, I ain't gonna pay 80€ for 3 minifigs and a middle sized ship. Look, just forget the PPP ratio. It includes ONLY 3 minufigures, and a ship that's not extremely big and definitely doesn't use a lot of big pieces (like UCS Star Destroyer), all of that for 80€. For that price I could buy AAT, Anakin's Interceptor and 501st Legion Battle Pack. 

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But think about this. No one's going to decide whether or not they're going to buy an x-wing because of the ladder. However, a giant lizard, were it to be included in the set, would be of significantly more value were it to be in the set, which I personally doubt in the first place. It would be something that would make at least the people here decide it's at least worth a bit more (though probably not $80). It's not something they'd want to omit from the front of the box, as the front of the box, being the front, is generally seen alot more than the back. And as @SillySeeker points out,

Okay, I started in the wrong way. There's definitely no Boga in the first place, so I don't know my I'm discussing if it would be on the front of the box.

I'm sorry, but @lego the hutt, is there a purpose to this? Because it seems (I could be wrong) a bit unnecessary and confrontational. Like @jdubbs said, if you choose not to believe rumors/leaks as "confirmed", then this probably isn't the best place to find your news. As has been said and repeated numerous times to numerous folks who have asked, plenty of evidence has been revealed as to the A-Wing's existence, whether it be inside sources, figure leaks, or just what makes sense at this point. Unless you know something we don't, it's all but confirmed (no word from LEGO required) that it's coming.

If, however, you do know something we don't, please share.

8 hours ago, jdubbs said:

The discussion on Grevious' Starfighter started way before the piece information leaked. 3 minifigures and a middle sized ship at most for 80€, don't you think it's overpriced? And the PPP ratio only makes this even worse. 487 pieces for 80€? This set definitely won't include those really big pieces, as it will be similar to the older Grevious' Starfighter which didn't include any big pieces. That price is outrageous, beacuse this sized ship with just 3 minifigs is NEVER gonna be worth 80€.

5 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

Who confirmed the ucs a wing?  A lego rep?

Are you using the word confirmed incorrectly or was it actually, officially confirmed?

If you're looking for OFFICIALLY confirmed-comfrimed info, the only place for you is Lego's official site. But if you're looking for confirmed sets, check any forum or any leak account. Leaker's word is no worse than a press release. And there's no incorrect "confirmed". If a reliable leaker confirms a set, it happens. Always.

As for the A-Wing, there were strong rumours and hints from reliable leakers. Two days ago A-Wing Pilot minifigure leaked, and a few hours later the most reliable leakers confirmed this set.

7 hours ago, HutchProDucktions said:

Still was hoping for a Rex/Cody minifigure in that set or at least Anakin's interceptor (especially considering the price of it, which I'm still baffled by)

Why did that price baffle you? It's the exact same price as every other Jedi Interceptor/Starfighter from the last few years

6 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

Almost all setdiscussions on the entirety of this forum are about leaks, if we'd limit ourselves to things that are officially confirmed this site would've been dead by now