MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Monkey Kid has Figure leaks. Harry Potter has set descriptions, figure lists, and figure leaks. So does Marvel. We don't even know the piece counts for SW yet*huh*

It’s definitely ramping up the anticipation and excitement for the summer sets, atleast for me, which has made my interest in Star Wars Lego for the summer grow. Just have to keep being patient and hope they’re actually good! 

Following MKJoshA’s post my views on spoilers will cease regardless whether I agree with it or not.

Sorry all for cluttering the forum.

8 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Monkey Kid has Figure leaks. Harry Potter has set descriptions, figure lists, and figure leaks. So does Marvel. We don't even know the piece counts for SW yet*huh*

Star Wars sets release in August. Marvel and Harry Potter sets release in June.

Just watched mandr latest video can’t wait to see a blue AAT wonder when Lego is going to show us any pictures of that.

Also is it likely stores be discounting sets since we are in a recession? I remember last recession my sister got Jango’s Slave 1 for me for only 10 dollars. 

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Monkey Kid releases in August and so do some Marvel

Some Marvel sets release later in the year but everything that's leaking now comes out in june. I don't know anything about Monkey Kid, nor do I really care

1 minute ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Monkey Kid releases in August and so do some Marvel

Leaked Marvel minfigures are only from June wave.

Monkie Kid is kinda weird - few months ago we got our first leak, month ago we got to know the name (then people just assumed it's leaf), and the actual set numbers with names we got yesterday. 

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Common courtesy is nice and highly suggested. But at this point we just have to be very sorry for anyone not able to watch The Mandalorian yet. The internet is literally littered with Mando spoilers. Spoilering every Mando season 1 fact on this site is not going to help in the long run so it's not required.

For casting announcements, it's a public announcement and therefor not a spoiler. I'm really sorry if you're trying to stay away from all info regarding season 2. But unless you stay off the internet it's almost unavoidable. Using spoiler tags is nice in this instance but certainly not required.

Thank you for the clarification!

3 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Pretty crazy, we can't even say "it's disney" becuase marvel's got more leaks. They're really ramping up secrecy here.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Leaked Marvel minfigures are only from June wave.

Monkie Kid is kinda weird - few months ago we got our first leak, month ago we got to know the name (then people just assumed it's leaf), and the actual set numbers with names we got yesterday. 

Monkey kid isn't a licensed theme if I'm not mistaken, so it might be a bit different. I think secrecy here has definately gone up though, but it's strange considering that unless those TCW sets are for S7, none of these sets are even about properties that haven't been released yet  like with all the movie waves.

4 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

They are known. Just a matter of time before they're in the public domain. 

Just now, Renown said:

They are known. Just a matter of time before they're in the public domain. 

Haven't the piece counts already leaked publicly? I could have sworn they had...

Just now, jdubbs said:

Haven't the piece counts already leaked publicly? I could have sworn they had...

Perhaps nobody else realised or knew where to look. :wink:

6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I can't recall five pages of nothing but price-per-piece ratio discussions, so I'm pretty sure they haven't :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I can't recall five pages of nothing but price-per-piece ratio discussions, so I'm pretty sure they haven't :tongue:

Hahahahahaha! Too true...

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

You underestimate this forum's complaint capacity, it'd be nine pages, minimum, with a boycott set up for the at-at because it doesn't have a perfect PPP. :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You underestimate this forum's complaint capacity, it'd be nine pages, minimum, with a boycott set up for the at-at because it doesn't have a perfect PPP. :laugh_hard:

It's just like with sets having stickers:laugh:everyone gets so mad when they're there or a set is "overpriced", that you'd think LEGO promised them printed pieces and a 5,000 piece set for exactly $500.

2 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

It's just like with sets having stickers:laugh:everyone gets so mad when they're there or a set is "overpriced", that you'd think LEGO promised them printed pieces and a 5,000 piece set for exactly $500.

What you didn't interpret that message from the hidden code made from the silhouettes on the UCS star destroyer? It'll be the entire 501st legion with accurately sized at-rts, arm and leg printing, every clone commander ever AND every single 501st trooper with normal blasters and no stud shooters. :roflmao:

Now watch this "leak" someplace and become the next UCS rumor.

What you didn't interpret that message from the hidden code made from the silhouettes on the UCS star destroyer? It'll be the entire 501st legion with accurately sized at-rts, arm and leg printing, every clone commander ever AND every single 501st trooper with normal blasters and no stud shooters. :roflmao:

Now watch this "leak" someplace and become the next UCS rumor.

Ughhhhhh. The Ultimate-mega 501st battlepack is $400 and has 3997 pieces!! AGH!!! Its OVERPRIIIIIIICED:laugh_hard:

18 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Ughhhhhh. The Ultimate-mega 501st battlepack is $400 and has 3997 pieces!! AGH!!! Its OVERPRIIIIIIICED:laugh_hard:

Someone call MandR, we have a tragedy that only he can fix! :iamded_lol:

Speaking of expensive sets, is it weird that we have no leaks the next UCS? By this time last year I think we had figure leaks for the Tantive IV (Which i know, not a UCS, but still, a may the fourth exclusive.)

58 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Someone call MandR, we have a tragedy that only he can fix! :iamded_lol:

Speaking of expensive sets, is it weird that we have no leaks the next UCS? By this time last year I think we had figure leaks for the Tantive IV (Which i know, not a UCS, but still, a may the fourth exclusive.)

Did we already have leaks for the Tantive IV by this time last year?

I know the first photo "leak" (or rather reveal) was during a convention. As for the Y-Wing, it was a pretty strange case where someone took a picture of it because the box was on a shelf in a LEGO Store.

The May the 4th UCS is the only set I'm eagerly awaiting to leak. Who knows how long we will have to wait until we see a first picture or even set details? Do we already know what it is? Weren't there rumors of an A-Wing?

There were pictures of Bail Organa out by March 3 last year. The photos of the Tantive IV itself didn't show up until April 10, but it had been confirmed to be the next big (albeit not UCS) set for a long time by then. It's definitely unusual that we don't know for sure what the May the 4th set will be yet. The 'most likely option' rumors that start up months before any kind of confirmation have been right for the last couple of years (at least with the Tantive IV and the Star Destroyer), and that general consensus seems to be that an A-wing is the safest bet, on the basis of some vague hints and a general impression of the pattern of filling out the other OT starfighters? But I agree that it's surprising that nothing concrete has shown up.

40 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Heck, I think this time last year we knew a Star Destroyer was coming in fall

The Star Destroyer was also a weird one, since it seemed like everyone pretty much agreed that the next UCS was likely to be a Star Destroyed months and months before it was really confirmed. I don't think I remember any specific moment of confirmation, even. Probably somebody 'formally' leaked it before the official announcement, but by that point people had figured it was coming for ages.

It's pretty much been informally confirmed a few pages back (not to mention rumors going back months) that a UCS A-Wing is coming.  Either it will be revealed soon or it is going to be delayed due to the pandemic.  I wouldn't worry yet (concerning the A-Wing, I mean)

13 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

It's pretty much been informally confirmed a few pages back (not to mention rumors going back months) that a UCS A-Wing is coming.  Either it will be revealed soon or it is going to be delayed due to the pandemic.  I wouldn't worry yet (concerning the A-Wing, I mean)

I hope its not delayed, although I totally get why with these crazy times.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a project to work on to pass some time. 

2 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I hope its not delayed, although I totally get why with these crazy times.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a project to work on to pass some time. 

I doubt it would be delayed due to production issues but possibly because of the Lego store closures. I still doubt it will be delayed at all but if it happened it would likely be because they don’t want to affect the numbers due to no in-store purchases of the set

46 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I doubt it would be delayed due to production issues but possibly because of the Lego store closures. I still doubt it will be delayed at all but if it happened it would likely be because they don’t want to affect the numbers due to no in-store purchases of the set

I could see them delaying with a normal line of sets, but given that it's UCS, it would be only available at lego stores and online anyway, so I agree it probably won't be delayed. If you're willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for a lego set, you probably won't decide not to buy it just because you can't physically go to the lego store and have to buy it online.