MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Received my Child set today and even though I was initially planning to keep it sealed untill Christmas I gave in and build it anyway (I blame the amazing 1st episode of S2) :tongue: It's a great set, highly recommend it!

Ordered 3 501st battle packs on Sunday. Online it said it was back ordered to Dec. Everything I ordered showed up today. So Lego was wrong on their estimate in the best possible way!

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Ordered 3 501st battle packs on Sunday. Online it said it was back ordered to Dec. Everything I ordered showed up today. So Lego was wrong on their estimate in the best possible way!

Saw five of them at Target today and grabbed two

21 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Lucky you. My AT-AP has been sat 'awaiting stock' since July. Don't think I'm going to get it!

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This looks awesome!

It'll be a good special for kids. There were a few good jokes in the trailer, too.

And I mean, either max rebo survives or Rey uses the world between worlds  time travel to bring him back, so either way I'm happy.

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This looks awesome!

LSW plus time travel; time to break out the old Star Wars Infinities and fantasise about a What If series...

No kidding though, this will be great. Utterly absurd, but great.

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This looks awesome!

When Han says "Do you want to shoot first?" I almost died laughing....

Hey guys,

There is another minifig of The Mandalorian with Beskar Armor in the usual place. Looks pretty legit, including one with packaging, saying it's an Anaheim release/exclusive.
Hopefully it's real and will be made widely available.
By the way, I'm posting it here 'cause it's for the Anaheim event (which may or may not take place), this year.

Regards,
Mitch 

if its a fake its done very convincing.

The left leg print is the exact same of the last figure, just with a slight colour change. The right leg and hop print are slightly different.
I think as all Mandalorian figures it looks great but I would have gone with dark brown or black for the jumpsuit colour.

Arm printing isnt something we can expect - but sooome more helmet detail would be nice..
If this is legit and the same figure of the 30$ set (if its not the old figure again :pir_laugh2:) I would put the apocalypse Abraham Lincorn CMF arms and aply some paint or sticker to the shoulders. That would look quite good.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:02 AM, NathanR said:

When Han says "Do you want to shoot first?" I almost died laughing....

hehe, a new line in the debate, which Solo shot first?

ok its a fake - the designer probably added some lines in the old print digitally. In one picture, where that would have been harder its the exact same print of the old fig, just with the differing colours.

..and so the wait goes on

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

hehe, a new line in the debate, which Solo shot first?

The han from Solo, of course. (Or wait, wasn't there a child han solo that came with one of the dvds?)

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

ok its a fake - the designer probably added some lines in the old print digitally. In one picture, where that would have been harder its the exact same print of the old fig, just with the differing colours.

Good, I can't imagine what lego's thought process was if they actually had made beskar mando an event exclusive.

49 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You guys must be looking at a different picture than I am, that looks incredibly fake :tongue:

Plus the person who posted it has "customs" in their username :head_back:

On 11/9/2020 at 10:06 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

The han from Solo, of course. (Or wait, wasn't there a child han solo that came with one of the dvds?)

Just recall we have a child Han Solo lego figure, from the Yoda Chronicles?

Late to the party, just got the Boba Fett helmet. Was a very interesting build in how it achieves all the different angles and contours of the helmet. Probably the SNOTiest thing I've ever built :wink:. As someone who grew up with Lego in the 80s I don't think I'll ever get used to the use of random coloured bricks for interior work. I get that it makes the instructions easier to follow (and gives a range of different colours for MOC building), I'm just used to mono colour interiors rather than the technicolour wonderland underneath the green and dark red helmet.

One thing I found odd with the build was how it would occasionally use two small plates where one large plate would do the same job i.e. two 1x3 plates instead of a single 2x3 plate. It only happened a handful of times so it's not like it's being done to pad the piece count, just something I haven't seen before in other builds.

Has there been any word as to when the Cantina will be back in stock? That's at the top of my list right now, especially since it's back in The Mandalorian!

Posted this on the 2021 thread but it's getting buried by Mandalorian wishlisting, so I'll ask again here since it is a 2020 set.

What's going on with the codes on the advent calendar? On mine so far it looks like the hidden 7-digit code is actually LIFEDAY for the Snow Gonk and the Sweater Vader code is nowhere to be found. A few comments on Brickset indicated that the Sweater Vader code is actually hidden behind a sticker on the front of the box that for whatever reason isn't even on every set shipped. And for anyone who did happen to get a copy with the Sweater Vader code on it, is it still WROSHYR, or is it different for every set?