MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

501st sets are back in stock at target.com, seems like some stores got shipments too. For anyone still looking for one, now is the time.

Edited by arc

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Ship is beautiful and much bigger than i expected(never owned one),but it sucks that R2D2 legs are showing. Huge issue i had with it is that they didnt pack cockpit in any special bag and it came full of scratches and grey parts had black stains/marks on it.

Honestly I don't get why they don't just only put the head on like they did in some older sets. Looking at the actual interceptor CG model, I don't think the R2 unit actually would be able to fully fit (one of the many problems with Lucas's CGI overuse in the prequels). 

I agree about the problem with large parts not coming in bags though, I frequently get some scratches on them when I open the set. Large plates even come bent sometimes.

1 hour ago, arc said:

501st sets are back in stock at target.com, seems like some stores got shipments too. For anyone still looking for one, now is the time.

"if you (don't) have warriors, now is the time" :laugh:

i would buy the set just for the minifigs and I would build the AT-RT from a MOC because the one from the set is definitely oversized

There's a very good play reason to put the whole droid in there, not just the head, regardless of whether the rest of the body lives in hammerspace onscreen.  The whole droid gets out of the ship and moves around in Episode 3 and in the Clone Wars episodes with Jedi Interceptors, so without the whole droid in the set you can't play similar stories.  The reason the first-generation Jedi Interceptor sets only had the head was because the set designers were probably working from concept art when they made set 7256, and at the time it would have been a very reasonable inference that the new ship only had the head, since the ship in Episode 2 only had the head.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly I don't get why they don't just only put the head on like they did in some older sets. Looking at the actual interceptor CG model, I don't think the R2 unit actually would be able to fully fit 

Yeah i agree they should have only put the r2s head on interceptor and then include the rest of the body if someone wanted to use it as figure separately or better yet full r2 and then additional r2 head for interceptor,would save them the money for unnecesary pieces they had to add on both sides.

1 hour ago, macaron35 said:

i would buy the set just for the minifigs and I would build the AT-RT from a MOC because the one from the set is definitely oversized

I absolutely hate 501st BP at-rt cause its so innacurate and oversized,i suggest building moc from Eurobricks user named Kit Bricksto,they look magnificent,and you can switch front pieces(armor thing) to match 501st army and/or other battalions.

Edited by PreVizsla
spelling

2 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Additionally you can make a more accurately sized at-rt using almost only the parts from the set. I tried it about a month ago and got this result, only adding some mixel ball joints for the legs.

IMG_6723.jpgIMG_6726.jpg

2 hours ago, icm said:

There's a very good play reason to put the whole droid in there, not just the head, regardless of whether the rest of the body lives in hammerspace onscreen.  The whole droid gets out of the ship and moves around in Episode 3 and in the Clone Wars episodes with Jedi Interceptors, so without the whole droid in the set you can't play similar stories.  The reason the first-generation Jedi Interceptor sets only had the head was because the set designers were probably working from concept art when they made set 7256, and at the time it would have been a very reasonable inference that the new ship only had the head, since the ship in Episode 2 only had the head.

I mean, you can still include the rest of the droid, just have the head attach to the interceptor.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, you can still include the rest of the droid, just have the head attach to the interceptor.

They did this with the imp v-wing a while ago, but then I got annoyed I didn't have anywhere to put the body when swooshing. :laugh:

17 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

They did this with the imp v-wing a while ago, but then I got annoyed I didn't have anywhere to put the body when swooshing. :laugh:

That's why Obi-Wan's Starfighter w/ Hyper Ring was nice, there was a compartment in the ship specifically for R4's headless body. I agree that the whole droid should be included, It's why we don't have a full R4-G9 minifigure.

16 hours ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

to be fair to pre-2012 interceptors, the original props had no intent to get the whole body to fit and ended up a lot more like this (forgive the extra images but uhhh)

R2 units didn't actually fit Jedi Interceptors at all. It looks like they  fit, but in actual models built for filming, their body comes out the  bottom : StarWars

Well, that is bizarre. 
They knew while making the movie that there wasn’t a chance of the design making any sense...

1 hour ago, The Pearson said:

Does anyone think the Razor Crest price will be reduced on Amazon Prime Day?

There's a decent chance it will be. Amazon's last exclusive — Vader's Castle —was marked down quite a bit for Prime Day the year it came out. But, it only lasted an hour or so if I recall correctly.

the latest AT-AT 75288 is currently on sale for 98.90 euros on Amazon.fr for prime customers

AT-ST raider 35.50

Edited by macaron35

US November Store Calendar (here) - hopefully the Carbonite Key Chain will be available in the UK :wub:

Carbonite1.jpg.7b58837104a1c8b193333591f33608ad.jpg

Addition image of the Carbonite Key Chain - I'm very tempted!

Carbonite2.jpg

Got the IG tip that The Child set was in the wild at Kohls in the US so I went to mine to have a look and there it was. They only had one so I grabbed it and it was NOT street dated. So of course I bought it

23 hours ago, Lobot said:

Addition image of the Carbonite Key Chain - I'm very tempted!

Carbonite2.jpg

Join the queue! Does anyone know if the GWPs are made available separately on the VIP portal to order separately using reward points? I’m struggling to hit that 100 price point to qualify. The only set I currently want is the Cantina but I have neither space or budget. I guess there’s always Vader’s Castle but the build looks poor value.

Edited by Lucarex

7 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Join the queue! Does anyone know if the GWPs are made available separately on the VIP portal to order separately using reward points? I’m struggling to hit that 100 price point to qualify. The only set I currently want is the Cantina but I have neither space or budget. I guess there’s always Vader’s Castle but the build looks poor value.

Not initially, although possible at a later date.

22 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

Not initially, although possible at a later date.

Thanks, confirms what I thought as I had vague recollection I’d seen others listed previously just wasn’t sure of timeline. Given this is also VIP-branded, I hope it will be available from 1st.

Edited by Lucarex

Too bad the keychain couldn't be bought separately as like any merchandising product.

I have no plans to buy anything over 100 bucks on lego.com during this specific period, moreover it seems to be in N. America only, so I guess I just have to wait to see it coming on ebay :(

2 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Too bad the keychain couldn't be bought separately as like any merchandising product.

I have no plans to buy anything over 100 bucks on lego.com during this specific period, moreover it seems to be in N. America only, so I guess I just have to wait to see it coming on ebay :(

It's available in the UK also and the offer started today rather than the 1st Nov, so I'd have thought it would also be available in Europe.

Edited by azzer86
Typo