MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This isn't the first time we're getting a gift box like that for this theme, it didn't contain anything special last time so I wouldn't expect it to have something good now :sceptic:

5 hours ago, DuckBricks said:

All we have is the official description, mentioning a "set based on one of the important battles" (likely one of the past Endor/Hoth/DSII GWPs), "the characters of the Saga" (probably some old minifig GWPs, although we haven't gotten one of them in a while so it beats me as to what this would be, and "exclusive gifts" (guessing it's the same as above). Given that BB-8 is on the box, we might get the BB-8 buildable polybag? But it's all pretty much conjecture at this point. Guessing this will be some sort of Christmas buy exclusive, although it's a bit of a shame they didn't release it with, say, the Cantina, as there aren't any new Star Wars sets coming out between now and the end of the year (the Child can already be pre-ordered today), so for fans caught up with the set releases I'm not sure what opportunities there will be to even get it.

I saw someone on Instagram suggest the contents were related to the box art. BB-8 implies something sequel related and the "important battles" line made me think of Exegol, but the presence of a desert planet makes me wonder if it'll be something Jakku related ("Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?!"). It would be cool to have a Jakku done in the same style as the GWP dioramas with a downed Star Destroyer and that scavenger town from TFA.

I am curious to see what's going to be in it. I seem to remember the last one being a bit of a damp squib.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:53 PM, Pchan1983 said:

Just built the mandalorian brickheadz. Baby yoda is so cute when taken out from the pot.   I'm really surprised on how they build the helmet, like seriously? you can do that?  Anyone recall if the boba fett brickheadz used the same technique? 

Yes, I think Boba Fett uses the same technique.

Apparently the gift box is only for stores in the Russian Federation, and might not even be official... so much for all the speculation then.

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This isn't the first time we're getting a gift box like that for this theme, it didn't contain anything special last time so I wouldn't expect it to have something good now :sceptic:

Colonel Yularen begs to differ...

46 minutes ago, DuckBricks said:

Apparently the gift box is only for stores in the Russian Federation, and might not even be official... so much for all the speculation then.

oof. There goes any hopes of another shot at some GWPs past.

Just received an email from Lego with the following promotion:

"October double points is coming"
Be ready to earn twice as fast with double VIP points on all purchases 08/10-20/10.

Better than nothing for those who resisted from buying new 2020 sets until now. Still, it would be better with a GWP in addition to the promotion.

A lot of sets leaked right now, including X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Imperial Shuttle, Millennium Falcon microfighter, Tauntaun vs. AT-AT microfighters and 4+ Resistance X-Wing.

X-Wing looks fantastic, I live how it came out. TIE also looks awesome, although cockpit is a little bit too big. Imperial Shuttle also looks great, but I'll need to see it with its wing spread out. 

Microfighters look fine, minifigures are good tho.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@THELEGOBATMAN: Shouldn‘t we discuss this is in the 2021 thread though? It‘s been up for a while now :wink:

Really? I thought licensed themes worked like 2021 thread comes in 2021.

How could I not have known that... :wall:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

31 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don‘t blame you, the SW thread is one of the few exceptions to that rule :wink: I was also surprised when the 2021 thread was created

4 hours ago, storskogen said:

Be ready to earn twice as fast with double VIP points on all purchases 08/10-20/10.

Better than nothing for those who resisted from buying new 2020 sets until now. Still, it would be better with a GWP in addition to the promotion.

My situation is less "resisted" and more "nothing I want has been in stock for over a month" so hopefully this will happen in the US and the sets I'm waiting on will be back by then.

4 hours ago, storskogen said:

too bad for those who couldn't wait and bought expensive sets like the Cantina day 1 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t blame you, the SW thread is one of the few exceptions to that rule :wink: I was also surprised when the 2021 thread was created

We try to keep things interesting around here :pir-yoda:

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 12:32 PM, macaron35 said:

too bad for those who couldn't wait and bought expensive sets like the Cantina day 1 

Not really. Cantina is still out of stock in most regions and it might not even come back in stock for a while...

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Not really. Cantina is still out of stock in most regions and it might not even come back in stock for a while...

it's available in Europe 

2 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

it's available in Europe 

Still... it's out in the North America and Asia Pacific region...

it's simply because it's not available in most countries of Asia except Singapore, for example my friends tried to get it in Thailand and they've been told it's not available yet

On 10/6/2020 at 11:32 AM, macaron35 said:

I guess one could argue that although I got single points and a Yoda lightsaber set currently going for $80 plus over on Bricklink when I made my purchase.  

On 10/6/2020 at 11:28 AM, BigGuy4U said:

My situation is less "resisted" and more "nothing I want has been in stock for over a month" so hopefully this will happen in the US and the sets I'm waiting on will be back by then.

I hear you. I am holding out for the Dickens GWP that will happen closer to the holidays.  My hope is to buy either the Cantina or perhaps the AT-AT, maybe even Tantive IV.  This is actually the first time I have saved enough to even considering purchasing a large set.  The one time I finally can afford it, nothing is available--it figures.  Really, I would like the Cantina.  If the stock shortages continue through the coming months, and there is not even an opportunity to backorder, then Lego is likely leaving a TON of money on the table.  Yes, there is COVID and that has hurt factory production.  But still, not having any type of backorder or prepay option is not good for either the company or the consumer.  Worst case scenario: I simply do not buy anything because I cannot order it and have to Bricklink the Dickens promo.  

19 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Bricklink the Dickens

:laugh_hard: Can this be the new sudo-swear in the Lego community?

Hey guys, quick question.

What was the deal, exactly, with 75924 Bespin Duel? Is it exclusive to U.S. and Canada, or was it supposed to be available for Europe as well?
I realize that, regardless, it's probably out of stock now, but it doesn't even show up on my S@H (Netherlands)...

Thanks for any info!

Regards,
Mitch

Hey Mitch, 

Bespin duel was originally supposed to be a limited time set on LEGO.com exclusively for U.S. and Canada. 
Recently however they sometimes still accept backorders here in the U.S. (I’m not sure about Canada). It’s no longer sold at Target (at least here it isn’t). From what it looks like, it’s very true that this set is very limited and very exclusive. I don’t think it’ll come back from official LEGO website ever. But, I could be wrong and I hope I’m wrong! 

Best bet, if you do have access to these sites: Bricklink or EBay (please be careful of scammers and don’t buy for a outrageous price my friend) I’m sorry if you are having any trouble on getting access to this set. It ain’t right for LEGO but it’s on very high demand at the moment. I hope soon they release in Europe! Stay safe. 

Sincerely, 

ChefDD

Edited by ChefDD

Thanks a lot, @ChefDD !!
I mainly wanted to know 'cause of the 2x VIP points on S@H, since I'm planning on ordering the Razor Crest and wanted to add Bespin Duel, but I guess that's not gonna happen, then.
Oh well. 
Much appreciated!

Regards,
Mitch

To support prequel sets i got Jedi Interceptor yesterday,luckily it was on 30% sale in Muller so i paid like 23$ for it. Ship is beautiful and much bigger than i expected(never owned one),but it sucks that R2D2 legs are showing. Huge issue i had with it is that they didnt pack cockpit in any special bag and it came full of scratches and grey parts had black stains/marks on it. I assume lot of people had the same issue cause that part is currently unavailable in LEGO replacement part thingy,so keep in mind that not only figure is innacurate you will most likely also have to deal with waiting for weeks/months for new cockpit.