MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

It would really be nice because the nebulon b frigate is my favorite sequel spaceship.

2 minutes ago, MAB said:

It is not an either or situation. They could well do a UCS version if they think there is a market for it. The microscale set was intended as a SDCC exclusive set, so it had to be small, or nothing.

The microscale set might be proof that they are going to realese a full scale ucs set.

Edited by arealhuman

@MAB - They could have done a UCS version, but remember that Gunship was the one that won the fan vote?

12 minutes ago, arealhuman said:

The microscale set might be proof that they are going to realese a full scale ucs set.

Not really, you cannot read anything into what the SDCC set is.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

It is not an either or situation. They could well do a UCS version if they think there is a market for it. The microscale set was intended as a SDCC exclusive set, so it had to be small, or nothing.

The probability is high that they eventually will make a UCS of it as well, I mean, there was a reason it was selected in the competition, lego would not have chosen a set that they would not believe in or want to make for other reasons.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Don't know where you heard this but it's fake. They aren't making another of those.

July I think

Huh? Then I think it's a bit odd that rumours of the set start floating up now. Shouldn't it have been released months ago then? Of course I do appreciate the "more the merrier" but from legos own perspective, if SDCC is already why passed, and there is a set made that nobody knew about, why not just prospond it to next SDCC?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post (ever) after years of being an avid reader.

I usually check the forum several times a day (another crazy AFOL I guess) but I have recently drifted away to look at other SW merchandise. I'm not sure whether we can be specific re. brands but I'm talking action figures. When Mos Eisley was released, I went to a Lego Store to see it with my own eyes and I thought it was perfect... but not worth the price at all (to me at least). I did Lego maths to come up with a price I could justify to myself and the conclusion I reached was that I'd be pretty much paying £15 a minifigure, of those I do not already have. At that price point, I thought I'd look at action figures which retail for 19.99 and can often be found cheaper. Another world entirely, with its pros and cons, but enough pros to make me consider whether I should go back to my Lego dark ages.

Before I trade one addiction for another, I am curious to read whether anyone else went down the same path only to come back to Lego with a vengeance after a while? Also, I have been trying to find info. regarding next "triple force friday" event or equivalent to maybe give another shot at Lego if good offers (or GWP) are to be had. I've come up empty so is there nothing at all this year?

Finally, I have a thought about the "Mandalorian Heroe Transport" set: could it be the boat from the last episode of season 1? Wouldn't take many bricks but deciding which minifigs to include would be a hard choice (as there is no way they're all there at that price point).

If I haven't followed forum etiquette or rubbed any feathers the wrong way, I sincerely apologise, just let me know and I'll adjust as needed. Thank you.

2 hours ago, arealhuman said:

They make microscale sets of sets that might be coming out in minifig scale.

They could, but it's probably going to be huge and needs a UCS spot...

7 hours ago, arealhuman said:

In my opinion the nebulon b frigate should of been a large scale ucs set instead of a microscale set. Maybe they will release the ninka

Not an either/or, we could easily get a UCS one in a few years. Not too big of a correlation here.

7 hours ago, arealhuman said:

It would really be nice because the nebulon b frigate is my favorite sequel spaceship.

Neb-b isn't from the sequels?

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Huh? Then I think it's a bit odd that rumours of the set start floating up now. Shouldn't it have been released months ago then? Of course I do appreciate the "more the merrier" but from legos own perspective, if SDCC is already why passed, and there is a set made that nobody knew about, why not just prospond it to next SDCC?

No idea. They also showed off a marvel set that would have been an SDCC exclusive too.

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Neb-b isn't from the sequels?

Technically speaking, it is. 

Just built the mandalorian brickheadz. Baby yoda is so cute when taken out from the pot.   I'm really surprised on how they build the helmet, like seriously? you can do that?  Anyone recall if the boba fett brickheadz used the same technique? 

17 hours ago, Arjo said:

Hi everyone,

This is my first post (ever) after years of being an avid reader.

I usually check the forum several times a day (another crazy AFOL I guess) but I have recently drifted away to look at other SW merchandise. I'm not sure whether we can be specific re. brands but I'm talking action figures. When Mos Eisley was released, I went to a Lego Store to see it with my own eyes and I thought it was perfect... but not worth the price at all (to me at least). I did Lego maths to come up with a price I could justify to myself and the conclusion I reached was that I'd be pretty much paying £15 a minifigure, of those I do not already have. At that price point, I thought I'd look at action figures which retail for 19.99 and can often be found cheaper. Another world entirely, with its pros and cons, but enough pros to make me consider whether I should go back to my Lego dark ages.

Before I trade one addiction for another, I am curious to read whether anyone else went down the same path only to come back to Lego with a vengeance after a while? Also, I have been trying to find info. regarding next "triple force friday" event or equivalent to maybe give another shot at Lego if good offers (or GWP) are to be had. I've come up empty so is there nothing at all this year?

Finally, I have a thought about the "Mandalorian Heroe Transport" set: could it be the boat from the last episode of season 1? Wouldn't take many bricks but deciding which minifigs to include would be a hard choice (as there is no way they're all there at that price point).

If I haven't followed forum etiquette or rubbed any feathers the wrong way, I sincerely apologise, just let me know and I'll adjust as needed. Thank you.

Around the release of Episode VII I was collecting both Lego and the normal action figure line. I don’t have a lot of regrets because I did have a lot of fun searching for them (in my country (Belgium) it isn’t always easy to find second or third waves of action figures). On the other hand though I quitted collecting them because a lot of the good ones were US exclusives and it really threw me off. Nowadays I only collect Lego and sometimes I think about the sets I could have bought with the money I spent on action figures. 

I’d say there are some things you need to consider before you make the step. Mostly the fact that a lot of the better figures are US exclusives and are very hard to get. You should also consider the fact that vechicules these days are almost non-existent. Sure they release things like the Razor Crest but they charge you 400 euros for it and it’s only obtainable through crowdfunding. 

If you really feel like you would have more fun collecting action figures, I’d say go for it. Also, nothing prevents you from buying the odd Lego set now and then! 

3 hours ago, Legopls said:

Around the release of Episode VII I was collecting both Lego and the normal action figure line. I don’t have a lot of regrets because I did have a lot of fun searching for them (in my country (Belgium) it isn’t always easy to find second or third waves of action figures). On the other hand though I quitted collecting them because a lot of the good ones were US exclusives and it really threw me off. Nowadays I only collect Lego and sometimes I think about the sets I could have bought with the money I spent on action figures. 

I’d say there are some things you need to consider before you make the step. Mostly the fact that a lot of the better figures are US exclusives and are very hard to get. You should also consider the fact that vechicules these days are almost non-existent. Sure they release things like the Razor Crest but they charge you 400 euros for it and it’s only obtainable through crowdfunding. 

If you really feel like you would have more fun collecting action figures, I’d say go for it. Also, nothing prevents you from buying the odd Lego set now and then! 

The action figures I'd like to get one day would be hottoys super detailed models. Some of them legit look like real people, they're absolutely massive too but they cost several hundred dollars a figure.

23 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Sorry if this was said before, but does anybody know the release date for the magazine with Bespin Luke in? TIA

I think it’s October 15, or something around that. I ordered a copy from Newsstand for $11 including tax and free shipping and I’m in the US. Never knew I could do that but it was worth looking into this time

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think it’s October 15, or something around that. I ordered a copy from Newsstand for $11 including tax and free shipping and I’m in the US. Never knew I could do that but it was worth looking into this time

Thanks. I have to get someone to pick one up for me from a supermarket so don't want to send them on a wild goose chase too soon. :thumbup:

Edited by BacktoBricks
Spelling

Re. action figures and vehicles, playsets etc., yes I agree with you: Lego offer the major pros of having sets that are reasonable in price (and size!) compared to the likes that come with the vintage collection of a certain brand. That's why I am patiently waiting for the Razor Crest to be discounted (at least a little, please) instead of backing the gigantic one currently being crowdfunded.

Looking at my purchasing habits and personal preferences, I've just realised that I've bought countless sets mostly for the minifigures e.g. "oh £40 for this set is pretty good, it has 2 minifigs I am really interested in" and there you can see the appeal of much more realistic action figures "kind of" at the same price. When I try to justify the prices TLG charge, I always take into account building time but through the years my wife has become less and less supportive of my hobby which means that I end up with unopened boxes. On that basis, I feel it will take less space to store action figures away, give me the added benefit of being able to see them through the plastic window, and even open and pose as many as I want before they safely go back to their boxes without my wife freaking out because there are lego builds everywhere in our flat (which is not true by the way, but I guess beauty, and quantity, are in the eye of the beholder).

To finish, yes I will still buy the occasional Lego sets, but for someone with a bad completist habit walking away from buying whole waves is probably best. With figures, in Europe at least, it is pointless to try and be a completist anyway because of the numerous exclusives you mentioned.

Back on SW 2020 topic:

Re. magazine, I'm not sure it will be in the UK this time around (the previous issue didn't show Bespin Luke as coming next; in Europe the magazine comes with different "gifts" country to country and often times in a different chronological order). I'm def. on the lookout though.

Re. triple force Friday, there's nothing coming that people know of then?

Thanks

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Millennium Falcon Microfighter just leaked. It's hard to see any details, but Han looks like a good version of him in a $10 set.

Is it the Hoth version of Han since the other microfighters are Hoth themed?

Hoth Han in a ten dollar set will be a must buy for sure.  I need Han Solo to go with my 75257 Millennium Falcon but the cheapest minifigs with the modem hairpiece go for more than that on Bricklink.

10 hours ago, icm said:

Hoth Han in a ten dollar set will be a must buy for sure.  I need Han Solo to go with my 75257 Millennium Falcon but the cheapest minifigs with the modem hairpiece go for more than that on Bricklink.

The Han from the 20th anniversary Slave 1 goes well with the 75257 Falcon. It does cost considerably more than a microfighter though (but is a very nice set).

7 hours ago, storskogen said:

Any idea regarding the SW Gift Box circulating now? 

All we have is the official description, mentioning a "set based on one of the important battles" (likely one of the past Endor/Hoth/DSII GWPs), "the characters of the Saga" (probably some old minifig GWPs, although we haven't gotten one of them in a while so it beats me as to what this would be, and "exclusive gifts" (guessing it's the same as above). Given that BB-8 is on the box, we might get the BB-8 buildable polybag? But it's all pretty much conjecture at this point. Guessing this will be some sort of Christmas buy exclusive, although it's a bit of a shame they didn't release it with, say, the Cantina, as there aren't any new Star Wars sets coming out between now and the end of the year (the Child can already be pre-ordered today), so for fans caught up with the set releases I'm not sure what opportunities there will be to even get it.

9 minutes ago, DuckBricks said:

All we have is the official description, mentioning a "set based on one of the important battles" (likely one of the past Endor/Hoth/DSII GWPs), "the characters of the Saga" (probably some old minifig GWPs, although we haven't gotten one of them in a while so it beats me as to what this would be, and "exclusive gifts" (guessing it's the same as above). Given that BB-8 is on the box, we might get the BB-8 buildable polybag? But it's all pretty much conjecture at this point. Guessing this will be some sort of Christmas buy exclusive, although it's a bit of a shame they didn't release it with, say, the Cantina, as there aren't any new Star Wars sets coming out between now and the end of the year (the Child can already be pre-ordered today), so for fans caught up with the set releases I'm not sure what opportunities there will be to even get it.

As for your last sentence, that's one of the pros of not having a big enough budget to buy everything you want day one! :laugh: if this is any good I'll get it with the AT-AT.

As for what's in it, the battle GWPS might be a bit too big depending on how much is going to be in the box, but I struggle to think of what else would fit the description. We really haven't had any minifig polybags recently (maybe Obi-wan, possibly blue milk luke?), but I

m sure there'll be a lot of garbage mini builds. I wonder if exclusive gifts means there'll be stuff exclusive to the box...