MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

14 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Sorry to derail the Gunship discussion, but there’s images floating around on #legoleaks of a new, smaller TIE and Imperial Shuttle. Do we think these are legit? Because I remember a new TIE on the smaller side was rumoured for next year but don’t think we heard anything about an Imperial Shuttle . . ?

Personally I think they both look great and would like to get them both.

Looks fake to me, the imperial shuttle and tie fighter both look way to similar to previous versions. The TIE fighter also looks like it was just photoshopped due to the size of the cockpit compared ot he wings. But both are rumoured for next year

Just now, TeeNuggetTa said:

Looks fake to me, the imperial shuttle and tie fighter both look way to similar to previous versions. The TIE fighter also looks like it was just photoshopped due to the size of the cockpit compared ot he wings. But both are rumoured for next year

There’s always a Doubting Thomas...

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I gotta say, that TIE Fighter does look pretty good.

It looks somehow like a caricature of the TIE Fighter (the proportions between cockpit and wings are too far off), but it’s sweet. 

They look solid!  The TIE looks pretty nice, the wing details look good and the cockpit looks nice as well.  The Imperial Shuttle looks decent, it almost looks like the cockpit might just be bricks (doesn't fit a figure?) but it's really hard to tell.  I can't tell if that's a dark-transparent windscreen or black bricks.  

Landino confirmed the Shuttle is fake, but the TIE is real.

if that’s how the new sets look, count me in. Stylized but good. Definitely looks fun, and it’s CHEAPER!!

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

They are.  The TIE is.

Cool. Cockpit's a bit big, but still looks like a great set overall. 

6 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Landino confirmed the Shuttle is fake, but the TIE is real.

if that’s how the new sets look, count me in. Stylized but good. Definitely looks fun, and it’s CHEAPER!!

Yes. The quality drop isn't nearly as bad as a 43% price drop would imply, honestly the only thing I notice is the cockpit's a bit big. Unless the figures are absolute garbage, this will be a great set.

18 hours ago, OCD_Chad said:

I'm thinking the gunship will have to be larger than minifig scale for the same reason the A-wing is.

Honestly though, I feel like most people will probably prefer minifig scale. You never know...

OK, I need a question answering but I acknowledge it's off topic. It relates to a part released this year though if that helps ground me somewhat.

See the new hood (Garindan's, or KoR if you prefer. The one that looks like Obi Wan has a dishcloth on his head). I don't own one. Does it work with an old 1 stud minifig neck bracket 42446 worn on the front?

The reason I ask is it looks like a good starter for ten on making a custom Ephant Mon. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 4:22 AM, Thieda said:

Sorry if someone has posted already:

Ryan has said that a reliable source told him the Republic Gunship will be $250.

I thought it would cost $200...

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

OK, I need a question answering but I acknowledge it's off topic. It relates to a part released this year though if that helps ground me somewhat.

See the new hood (Garindan's, or KoR if you prefer. The one that looks like Obi Wan has a dishcloth on his head). I don't own one. Does it work with an old 1 stud minifig neck bracket 42446 worn on the front?

The reason I ask is it looks like a good starter for ten on making a custom Ephant Mon

Yes, it fits, but I'm not sure it's a technique that'd ever be used in an official TLG set. It's very tight and there may be a small amount of lingering friction on the pieces, but it fits.

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

I thought it would cost $200...

The conflicting info leaves just about everything in play except that the May UCS set will be between $200-250. No confirmation it's even the Gunship.

• The set list going around says the May set is $200.
  • mandr sourced that the May set is $250. mandr also said he's assuming May is the UCS Gunship.

@Pedilego - Right, it isn't confirmed. But doesn't it say $200 on the rumors list? Though we don't even know if it's the Gunship :pir_tong2:

Edited by JintaiZ

5 hours ago, Redroe said:

The reason I ask is it looks like a good starter for ten on making a custom Ephant Mon. 

I don't own the part, but I'm 99.9% sure it should. That's a smart part choice for ephant mon by the way, let me know if you figure out how to make his face.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't own the part, but I'm 99.9% sure it should. That's a smart part choice for ephant mon by the way, let me know if you figure out how to make his face.

My preferred solution for his face is an upside down baby T rex in dark bley. But I can't get it to attach right let alone to a hood. 

I can't claim points for that idea, an old Indiana Jones set used them as creepy idol faces. Absolute genius.

8 hours ago, Pedilego said:

Yes, it fits, but I'm not sure it's a technique that'd ever be used in an official TLG set. It's very tight and there may be a small amount of lingering friction on the pieces, but it fits.

Thanks. Fingers crossed that Lego do give us a Mon sometime and maybe even do a similar trick to Garindan. Maybe this part was even designed with Garindan in mind.

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Seems there is a Nebulon B coming after all, not the size I would have hoped for though, but better than nothing

Really? Damn Lego and their war on my wallet. What substance to this rumour? (I don't know who the reliable leakers are. No offence meant.)

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

Really? Damn Lego and their war on my wallet. What substance to this rumour? (I don't know who the reliable leakers are. No offence meant.)

The Nebulon B Frigate Set that was originally for SDCC. Set 77904. Is this the last of the sets for 2020? 

Edited by JRBricks

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

The building instructions are already up on lego.com, so 100% confirmed: https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/77904. I'm amazed that there wasn't even a blip about this before now.

5 hours ago, arealhuman said:

I would Actually really appreciate it if the dropship with the at-ot is real

Don't know where you heard this but it's fake. They aren't making another of those.

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

But when was the SDCC supposed to be? Assume it was cancelled like everything else.

July I think

In my opinion the nebulon b frigate should of been a large scale ucs set instead of a microscale set. Maybe they will release the ninka

29 minutes ago, arealhuman said:

In my opinion the nebulon b frigate should of been a large scale ucs set instead of a microscale set. Maybe they will release the ninka

It is not an either or situation. They could well do a UCS version if they think there is a market for it. The microscale set was intended as a SDCC exclusive set, so it had to be small, or nothing.