MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, TwoSolitudes said:

Is anyone able to buy it yet?

Almost 2 hours past midnight and still no; I have no idea what stock production and demand will be like for this and really don't want to miss out... (i.e. the Ideas Piano vanished immediately and still can't be found in stores)

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Complete speculation I've heard that I'm not even sure I believe, but just in case:

Reveal hidden contents

Supposedly that's sabine, though the only evidence for this I can find seems to be that the actress also enjoys dying her hair crazy colors, and more or less looks like sabine.

A figure of that character would be great, though not in that costume of course

The thing is.... the animated appearance of that character is quite distinctly of Asian (or whatever that relates to in Star Wars) descent and Sasha Banks is quite obviously of African descent... no way they'd make a howler like that on a minority cast member in modern Star Wars? 

Beautiful lady anyway. Never seen her act so eagerly await seeing how she fits into the universe.

(Thinking about it, they have cast a leading black actress and they're about to paint her orange and stick horns on her, so.)

Someome tell me how to do that funky 'reveal hidden content' thing?

It's weird. When I went to bed just before midnight in the UK it was showing a banner about the lightsaber at the top of the page. If you clicked on it, it took you to the cantina page. But you couldn't purchase the cantina yet, although it did say VIP early access would start on the 16th. Just looked again now almost seven hours past midnight and the cantina still can't be bought, but the VIP access date has also gone! The lightsaber banner is still at the top of the page though and again leads you to the cantina and it seems to be a cantina exclusive because I've tried adding over £200 of other SW sets to basket and it doesn't show. Putting the lightsaber banner up though without showing the terms of the promo and the page leading to an item that can't even be bought is just Lego's usual fun and games though, but it doesn't look very professional at all. The Diagon Alley release went super smoothly compared to this. :facepalm: 

Edited by BacktoBricks

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I highly doubt that - Star Wars tends to form strong, iconic associations between characters and ships (Han Solo - Millennium Falcon, Boba Fett - Slave I, Hera Syndulla - Ghost), so the Razor Crest will almost certainly remain the show's hero ship. Either it will be repaired/rebuilt to look the same as it did before crashing (the ship was completely stripped by Jawas and subsequently repaired in the same episode, so this would not be impossible or unprecedented), or, alternatively, Mando will get a new ship of the same class (perhaps with some minor detailing/paint differences) and name it the Razor Crest II

Yeah but I will know it's a different ship :laugh: I remain worried. Mando is far enough removed from the rest of the universe to chart new waters. Literally, apparently.

21 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

nope, I guess it will be up only at 10:00 am when they finally wake up  :pir-huzzah1:

Its 630pm here in Fiji.... 830 in Italy. 

So, no rumors of further promotions (GWP, double VIP points, etc) expected for SW sets in 2020? I’m still waiting to buy the Razor Crest, but it’s not attractive to buy at full price from lego.com right now (with normal VIP points and a Monkie Kid’s Delivery Bike).

Allegedly according to leakers this will go live at 9AM EST September 16 (in the US)... best of luck to everyone trying to get one!

Edited by legozebra

Just now, legozebra said:

Allegedly according to leakers this will go live at 9AM EST September 16... best of luck to everyone trying to get one!

I hope that they have tons of it as it seems pretty wanted :devil_laugh:

2 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Allegedly according to leakers this will go live at 9AM EST September 16... best of luck to everyone trying to get one!

1am here... ugh. 

7 hours ago, Samppu said:

Fun fact: Brothers Brick revealed a piece of news a while ago that the amount of income TLG makes has changed so that when around 2015 the AFOL market was only 2% of the overall revenue, it was astonishing 20% this year! This might also explain why the big sets are selling faster than before, as the market is not made up of only kids anymore. The numbers are so huge that I still find it a little hard to believe them entirely, but say it was even from 2 to 10%, it would still be mind blowing. And I don't think TLG would go for the whole new range of 18+ sets if the AFOL market didn't make at least double digit part of the overall market. Of course, some of the growth might be explained by kids flowing out to stare their phones and Youtube, not only by new AFOLs flowing in, but nevertheless, adults are getting into Lego in huge amounts. More AFOL sets and more active AFOL world, so I guess the only minor inconvenience is that one should be quick when it comes to buying exclusive stuff or sales... :laugh:

Well then maybe we can rid of this old and exhaused cliché of AFOLs are not a big marked for LEGO as an excuse to counter criticize those tired of constantly repeated sets. 

Ordered it at 10.15 a.m., using €150 worth of VIP points that I've accumulated for a year. I'm glad there was no 'Benelux tax' on this set (just like for the Diagon Alley, surprisingly)! Hopefully the package will reach me on Friday :wink:

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Cantina is available now in UK.

Can confirm, just ordered mine online from cloudy England!

Just now, 955561976 said:

Can confirm, just ordered mine online from cloudy England!

Haha yeah. The weather where I am could not be more opposite of sunny, dry Mos Eisley today lol

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Haha yeah. The weather where I am could not be more opposite of sunny, dry Mos Eisley today lol

Get it together guys, I'm in Cumbria and it's gorgeous here. :wub:

Not ordering cantina however. Wallet can't take it.

6 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Get it together guys, I'm in Cumbria and it's gorgeous here. :wub:

Not ordering cantina however. Wallet can't take it.

Well if Cumbria could give some sun back to the rest of us that would be great. :laugh:

Can anyone tell me if the new AT AT has "fixed" the neck so it can move up and down as well as side to side? The restricted head movement bother me. I want to be able to do that trick shot when it takes a snowspeeder out in full flight.

I’m not ordering it online, I have the money in cash this time, so I’m planning to go to the Lego store on Saturday. Hopefully they still have the Cantina and the lightsaber GWP at that point

Is there an upcoming issue of the LSW magazine with Bespin Luke? I swear it popped up in my instagram feed, but now I can't find it. If so, that solves my Bespin Duel problem!