MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, SCREDEYE said:

Hold off on buying that clone trooper till around April-may. once next summer sets are on their way the current ones will have a discount and the BL prices will even out a bit

Intriguing...

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

ITS HAPPENING

I can't wait :)

I hope Disney will produce other SW series with this caliber

Just now, bluedog1111 said:

Should I buy the death star now or will it be available next year?

It has been listed as retiring at the end of this year. Usually LEGO puts large retiring sets on sale over Black Friday weekend and then are gone for good, unless you can find it at a big-box retail store like Amazon, Target, etc. That said, sales may not happen this year due to COVID-19, or may not be as deep.

Just now, jdubbs said:

It has been listed as retiring at the end of this year. Usually LEGO puts large retiring sets on sale over Black Friday weekend and then are gone for good, unless you can find it at a big-box retail store like Amazon, Target, etc. That said, sales may not happen this year due to COVID-19, or may not be as deep.

Thanks I will try to get it now then.

i don't remember last year's Black Friday on lego.com

it seems that it was 30% off + double VIP points

but there was a special website also. did they give bigger discounts ?

6 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

i don't remember last year's Black Friday on lego.com

it seems that it was 30% off + double VIP points

but there was a special website also. did they give bigger discounts ?

It may have been a US-only thing. Here we had 3 or 4 days of sales in 2019. Each day had a handful of different sets on sale. Most were 20% off, but I think one each day was 30% off.  There was also a holiday-themed gift with purchase, though it sold out within the first day or two. I don't recall if there were double VIP on top of all that or not. Previous years were not so complicated and just had a single batch of sets on sales, most of which disappeared within the first day.

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

It may have been a US-only thing. Here we had 3 or 4 days of sales in 2019. Each day had a handful of different sets on sale. Most were 20% off, but I think one each day was 30% off.  There was also a holiday-themed gift with purchase, though it sold out within the first day or two. I don't recall if there were double VIP on top of all that or not. Previous years were not so complicated and just had a single batch of sets on sales, most of which disappeared within the first day.

I think we had a similar thing in the UK - a few days of (limited) sales, mostly at 20% off. The selection of sets on sale was not great though.

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They really did LotR and The Hobbit dirty, wish it could return in a similar fashion to the Potter reboot

100% agree. Great sets, bonkers secondhand prices on some of the stuff, so the interest is there.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bespin Luke will be the next gift for the LEGO SW magazine :excited: Finally a cheap way to get that figure!

They're trying to make up for the set exclusive to the us by putting the figure in a magazine exclusive to europe! :laugh:

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

ITS HAPPENING

This....is the way.

3 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Hold off on buying that clone trooper till around April-may. once next summer sets are on their way the current ones will have a discount and the BL prices will even out a bit

Seems like sound advice sir. All that stopped me sinking money on ebay was the single airborne trooper in the Grievous fighter with the new style torso print. I thought surely, surely there are more of these guys on the way. 

The helmet looks almost unchanged from the previous one anyway, so they'll mesh pretty well if I do get my paws on some. The standard 212th trooper is way more expensive however, its those that I am really hoping are redone... but in a sensibly priced set, please, Lego, thank you very much.

Is it possible we're about to see the last of the Razor Crest? Looks pretty well trashed. I hated it when the Milano bit the dust 5 minutes into the second Guardians of the Galaxy... hope they don't do that and lay low my desire to mod/moc my own RC. 

Would that explain also the mystery $30 "hero ship".... a straight-up RC replacement... hmm. 

On 9/14/2020 at 10:50 AM, Agent Kallus said:

I was just speculating based off there usually being a retailer exclusive or something that isn't list when waves first get leaked, in combination with the helmet that has been leaked on IG. That the helmet could be for the Bad Batch is a guess but I'm not the first one to make that guess.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:44 PM, FeepoGerbin said:

When the helmet was shared, the guy who shared it was the one who said it was Bad Batch.

Not sure of that person’s credibility, but Landino did share it so I’d hazard a guess to it having at least some.

Thanks for the elaboration both, very curious indeed. Just a waiting game for now I suppose to see what unfolds.

Mando S2 trailer looks great as expected! Sets the tone without spoiling much. Really hope we get a Beskar variant in next year’s $30 set.

Looking at the reviews for the cantina, I’m absolutely sold on it. Great build and diversity of figures. Looking forward to picking it up with the summer wave soon.

Edited by T21Typhoon

I've never done a VIP early access thing, so I don't pay attention when the emails do come over (never had the desire to actually drop money on any big $$$ D2C this early until now).  I'm likely going to do the Cantina, is it typical to have this little info about it other than just a date?  Was there any confirmation of double VIP points, or was that just speculation, and all that we've heard of is the Yoda saber?

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

Is it possible we're about to see the last of the Razor Crest? Looks pretty well trashed.

I highly doubt that - Star Wars tends to form strong, iconic associations between characters and ships (Han Solo - Millennium Falcon, Boba Fett - Slave I, Hera Syndulla - Ghost), so the Razor Crest will almost certainly remain the show's hero ship. Either it will be repaired/rebuilt to look the same as it did before crashing (the ship was completely stripped by Jawas and subsequently repaired in the same episode, so this would not be impossible or unprecedented), or, alternatively, Mando will get a new ship of the same class (perhaps with some minor detailing/paint differences) and name it the Razor Crest II

On a general note (since there was a bit of confusion when the trailer first dropped), the character seen at 0:49 is Sasha Banks in an undisclosed role. 

After all talk about 501st this year, I cannot help not to share this: I somehow assume that there are not too many hiphop heads among lego fans, but I might be wrong, lets see if someone else like this. 

3 hours ago, Redroe said:

Is it possible we're about to see the last of the Razor Crest? Looks pretty well trashed. I hated it when the Milano bit the dust 5 minutes into the second Guardians of the Galaxy... hope they don't do that and lay low my desire to mod/moc my own RC. 

Would that explain also the mystery $30 "hero ship".... a straight-up RC replacement... hmm. 

@Classic_Spaceman explains this pretty well, I'd just add too it that there's a precedent for pretty beat-up ships getting repaired in star wars (poes x-wing), the razor crest itself, the millennium falcon oh, wait...not that one :laugh:.

I doubt they'd replace the razor crest with something small enough to be a $30 set, but It's always possible I guess.

49 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

On a general note (since there was a bit of confusion when the trailer first dropped), the character seen at 0:49 is Sasha Banks in an undisclosed role. 

Complete speculation I've heard that I'm not even sure I believe, but just in case:

Spoiler

Supposedly that's sabine, though the only evidence for this I can find seems to be that the actress also enjoys dying her hair crazy colors, and more or less looks like sabine.

A figure of that character would be great, though not in that costume of course.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Complete speculation I've heard that I'm not even sure I believe, but just in case:

Hide contents

Supposedly that's sabine, though the only evidence for this I can find seems to be that the actress also enjoys dying her hair crazy colors, and more or less looks like sabine.

A figure of that character would be great, though not in that costume of course.

Spoiler

She looks like she'd make a really good Sabine, based off looks alone.

I've never ordered a set online when it is only available to vips. Would it show up if I am logged in or do I have to do something else?

also, is it 100% confirmed you can only get the saber with the cantina or is there a chance it could be for like a $100 purchase? Also is the saber coming out tonight or the 1st?

9 hours ago, Chill said:

It does seem like more people are buying larger sets, and things seem to be selling out faster than in years past.

Fun fact: Brothers Brick revealed a piece of news a while ago that the amount of income TLG makes has changed so that when around 2015 the AFOL market was only 2% of the overall revenue, it was astonishing 20% this year! This might also explain why the big sets are selling faster than before, as the market is not made up of only kids anymore. The numbers are so huge that I still find it a little hard to believe them entirely, but say it was even from 2 to 10%, it would still be mind blowing. And I don't think TLG would go for the whole new range of 18+ sets if the AFOL market didn't make at least double digit part of the overall market. Of course, some of the growth might be explained by kids flowing out to stare their phones and Youtube, not only by new AFOLs flowing in, but nevertheless, adults are getting into Lego in huge amounts. More AFOL sets and more active AFOL world, so I guess the only minor inconvenience is that one should be quick when it comes to buying exclusive stuff or sales... :laugh:

Has anyone tried to take the 2020 AT-At apart? The entire neck attachment point seems to be an "illegal" build where you can't get the technic pieces back out of the frame. Has anyone else encountered this or am I being stupid here?

I can probably force the technic axles out with a pin, but I shouldn't have to damage my pieces to dismantle them.

I don't have the kit, but I just went and read the instructions.  It looks difficult but probably not impossible.  Try starting from the other end; that is to say, starting from a different part of the assembly.  It looks to me like the best way to start would be removing the two 3L axles with stud that go in the sides near the bottom of the frame.  You'll have to dismantle the body before you can get to that point, but you've probably taken the rest of the set apart by now anyway.  That should give you wiggle room to remove the two 3L light gray connectors that they go into, and from there you should be able to get the rest of the frame apart.

2 hours ago, Surge said:

I've never ordered a set online when it is only available to vips. Would it show up if I am logged in or do I have to do something else?

also, is it 100% confirmed you can only get the saber with the cantina or is there a chance it could be for like a $100 purchase? Also is the saber coming out tonight or the 1st?

An email this morning indicated the saber is only available with the Cantina and there was no mention of double VIP points. At least in Australia.

35 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

An email this morning indicated the saber is only available with the Cantina and there was no mention of double VIP points. At least in Australia.

No email here... are you able to post a screenshot of it?

4 hours ago, Surge said:

First time I have used the 'new' VIP system. Should be able to order now- but no option yet...

16 minutes ago, TwoSolitudes said:

First time I have used the 'new' VIP system. Should be able to order now- but no option yet...

Same... 30 mins past midnight and it still isn’t up. So strange given how Diagon Alley was up almost 30 minutes early.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Same... 30 mins past midnight and it still isn’t up. So strange given how Diagon Alley was up almost 30 minutes early.

Is anyone able to buy it yet?