MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

We never know beforehand. Sometimes, it’s around midnight, and at other times, it’s 10 o’clock in the morning. I don’t think there’s a pattern to it, so we won’t know before midnight :shrug_oh_well:

hm... anyway will rather stay awake till midnight, one never knows

Thinking about it more deeply, perhaps the Tie Fighter (75300) and the X-Wing (75301) wont be as bad/small as we think. 

The 2012 models are as followed: 

9492 Tie Fighter - 413 pieces whereas 75300 has 432 pieces. 

9493 X-Wing - 558 pieces whereas 75301 has 474 pieces. It is rumoured that the front piece of the new X-wing is different so could this be where the main portion of the piece count reduction takes place? (I’m think similar to the 2013 Z-95 Headhunter here) 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Stonewars posted a picture of it on their Insta:

Thanks for both the news and the source.

What has everyone's experience been when trying to buy a new D2C set from the Lego Store day one?

-Do they sell out in an hour or a few days?

-Do stores even get the set for the VIP street date? (I plan to call this evening anyway)

There is a ton of construction happening around my house and often packages take 2 or 3 attempts to get delivered due to inaccessibility, so I'd like to get this one in person.

Edited by Archer
spelling is hard

I see all these IG accounts saying the May UCS set is the Gunship but I don’t think that was ever confirmed and I feel like that just wouldn’t be a big enough UCS Gunship at $200

44 minutes ago, Han Solo MD said:

Is it odd that the leaked GWP Yoda's lightsaber has not been officially announced yet? Especially if it is to go live tonight

Yes... wondering that myself... it was big news a couple days ago and now no mention of it... Usually GWP promos are announced by lego in advance... 

Any thoughts??

40 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Stonewars posted a picture of it on their Insta:

Does anyone know how to get this magazine in Canada? My son (and me) would love it

Just now, Northoftheborder said:

Does anyone know how to get this magazine in Canada? My son (and me) would love it

I could be wrong but iirc these magazines are among the very few things exclusive to Europe

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I could be wrong but iirc these magazines are among the very few things exclusive to Europe

Dang... well, we got the Bespin Duel so i can’t complain 

2 minutes ago, Northoftheborder said:

Dang... well, we got the Bespin Duel so i can’t complain 

Don't worry, I was hoping to be able to pick up the 20th Anniversary Obi-Wan figure, but apparently that offer isn't available in Europe/the UK. :hmpf: Any other UK peeps seen that in stores at all?

36 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Don't worry, I was hoping to be able to pick up the 20th Anniversary Obi-Wan figure, but apparently that offer isn't available in Europe/the UK. :hmpf: Any other UK peeps seen that in stores at all?

i’m very surprised it’s still available with the limit of 50... i ordered 8 (to get free shipping and free monkey kid polybag) thinking they would sell out immediately... days later they are still in stock... odd..

1 minute ago, Northoftheborder said:

so nobody knows anything about the GWP for Cantina??

That seems to be the case, and the reason I came here now.  I had assumed I'd missed something.   I'm hoping Lego will send out an email later this afternoon about the VIP sale and GWP.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

What has everyone's experience been when trying to buy a new D2C set from the Lego Store day one?

-Do stores even get the set for the VIP street date? (I plan to call this evening anyway)

There is a ton of construction happening around my house and often packages take 2 or 3 attempts to get delivered due to inaccessibility, so I'd like to get this one in person.

Depends on the set really. Like I went to pick up the UCS Falcon and it sold out very quickly and there was a long line outside the Lego Store at opening. Betrayal At Cloud City and Imperial Star Destroyer I went a couple hours later and there were still plenty in stock. The most recent one I went to was to pick up Diagon Alley, long line right before opening but there was plenty of stock thankfully. So my prediction judging my the optimistic reaction of the Cantina, is that they’ll be a good line at opening but I think Lego will be stocked pretty well, knowing that everyone is stuck at home and want something to do. 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Harder to predict given the current times, but I picked up Diagon Alley from the Lego Store a couple days after it came out.  Maybe 2 days after, and they sold out later that day.  They still had the promo brickheads, but were running low and expected to sell out soon.  I would have ordered online, but waited too long and the promos were unavailable online.

I think people are avoiding the stores more, so you should have some additional leeway. I would recommend going on day 1, but don't think you would need to camp out/line up/etc.

But what do I know.

It does seem like more people are buying larger sets, and things seem to be selling out faster than in years past.

35 minutes ago, Chill said:

That seems to be the case, and the reason I came here now.  I had assumed I'd missed something.   I'm hoping Lego will send out an email later this afternoon about the VIP sale and GWP.

I’m no expert but i have always heard an official statement about Lego GWP promos directly from Lego at least a couple days in advance... if i would have to guess, either:

A: That GWP will start on Oct.1 and be with any Star Wars purchases of $75 or more (and show up on the October calendar)

B: Come with just Cantina and start Oct.1 and be on the calendar (less likely as there is a possibility of the Cantina being OOS by Oct.1... unless they hold back some stock?)

I think “A”...

anyone else’s thoughts?

I spoke with an employee at a Lego store and they mentioned the Cantina would be on sale tomorrow in store, and that it would include a GWP of Yoda's Lightsaber.  The employee I spoke with wasn't very knowledgeable, but I could hear the conversation she was having with another employee in the background.  

52 minutes ago, Northoftheborder said:

so nobody knows anything about the GWP for Cantina??

Hopefully LEGO wont scam the fans like they did with Droid Boost set where they sold it and few months after it got released and most people that wanted it bought it they decided to give droid boost promo with it and directly tied it to that set.

Hold off on buying that clone trooper till around April-may. once next summer sets are on their way the current ones will have a discount and the BL prices will even out a bit