MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I was wondering about the potential for Gideon and Kuill

Reveal hidden contents

(even though I realise he won't be in S2)

but that would still mean a new protocol droid as I don't remember any from the Mandalorian. Is it possible it could be a Squadrons tie-in?

I think a Squadrons tie-in is a great call. With the minifigure lineup looking to be ‘different’ and the reality of having less detailed and smaller ships to swoosh around (Piece/price) it makes total sense for it to be based off this game.

Hm, my level of interest in this set has just risen significantly *oh2* Shame the X-Wing doesn‘t have the same potential since we already know its minifig roster :hmpf_bad:

I would be careful not to read too much into these figs. They are just silhouettes on a very preliminary, almost generic box. They could easily be placeholders for three completely different figures. 

35 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I would be careful not to read too much into these figs. They are just silhouettes on a very preliminary, almost generic box. They could easily be placeholders for three completely different figures. 

But reading too much into figs is exactly what we're good at! :laugh: I'm aware that placeholder figs are a thing, but is there any precedent for the number of figures in a set being changed between preliminary artwork/set details and release? (More out of curiosity than anything.)

11 minutes ago, Makin Bacon said:

placeholder figs are silhouettes of poncho Luke, Jawa, and C-3PO from the last landspeeder

Darn.  Well, that settles that I suppose.

Unless LEGO has decided that they can't go without giving us some form of a Landspeeder, so we're getting the figures anyway :laugh:

Even still, 3 figures is interesting for sure.  

1 hour ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Gonna throw a completely unrealistic hope/theory into the ring here...

Thrawn and Rukh for the TIE? Rukh would have short legs :excited:

HELL YEAH.

Full credit to @stu.d (Paul Seeley) on Instagram for this clarification, I didn't even catch it. 

The figs silhouettes that could be seen on the preliminary image (I only think a select amount of people have seen that, myself not included) of the TIE (short legs, protocol head, 3rd fig) where just place holders from the Luke's Landspeeder set this year. 

So, in short, we are completely in the dark as to the figs in the TIE. My apologies for spreading what I didn't know was just placeholder images as fact! 

5 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Didn't think of that, I haven't played Fallen Order either so I don't know if there's a possible tie-in there either.  The only protocol droid I can think of was Zero from the prison break episode, I think it was Ep 6.  But again, that makes no sense as there wasn't a TIE present anywhere in that episode and there weren't any short leg characters there either.

Only short character in fallen order is Greez, and while he's a funny and meme-able character, I'd go nuts if he shows up in a set but not Cal or the Second Sister.

3 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

placeholder figs are silhouettes of poncho Luke, Jawa, and C-3PO from the last landspeeder

I guess that's a good thing. While the protocol droid and short leg figure were an interesting puzzle, they didn't make much sense for a TIE pilot.

4 hours ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Gonna throw a completely unrealistic hope/theory into the ring here...

Thrawn and Rukh for the TIE? Rukh would have short legs :excited:

Unfortunately it's not that, but I wish. 

12 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

But reading too much into figs is exactly what we're good at! :laugh: I'm aware that placeholder figs are a thing, but is there any precedent for the number of figures in a set being changed between preliminary artwork/set details and release? (More out of curiosity than anything.)

Yes there is, the most recent example is the 2020 version of Ninjago's Destiny Bounty. The minifigure line-up of that set consists of the ninja, Lloyd, Nya and Wu but the preliminary pictures also showed Garmadon with the Ultimate Weapon on top of those figs.

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes there is, the most recent example is the 2020 version of Ninjago's Destiny Bounty. The minifigure line-up of that set consists of the ninja, Lloyd, Nya and Wu but the preliminary pictures also showed Garmadon with the Ultimate Weapon on top of those figs.

At least one of the LOTR sets was displayed at a toy fair with one more preliminary figure than it was released with. They secretly hate LOTR fans.

Moria box art also showed three Orcs I think. And some of them if I remember right, had special hairpieces or helmets that never made the production version.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

Redroe: I remember that...Orc Forge!

As pleased as I am to see Lego's new approach I have to registet disappiintment that we aren't getting more Clones. Utapau troopers and Shock troopers with the 2014 helmet style are like hen's teeth and eye-wateringly expensive. And as for a plain, unmarked p2 trooper... forget it. I can't imagine what was running through my mind when I failed to pick up those excellent battle packs when I had the chance. My hope was to see some 212th troopers in the next wave in the style of the 501st but it's not to be.

Just now, Redroe said:

Moria box art also showed three Orcs I think. And some of them if I remember right, had special hairpieces or helmets that never made the production version.

They really did LotR and The Hobbit dirty, wish it could return in a similar fashion to the Potter reboot

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They really did LotR and The Hobbit dirty, wish it could return in a similar fashion to the Potter reboot

In what way did they do The Hobbit dirty though? The only important character they left out was Bolg, apart from him we basically got everything we needed :sweet: And the LOTR sets were amazing, all that was needed was one more wave to fill some of the more egregious gaps... I’m usually a glass-half-full sort of person, so I’m more happy with what we got than angry with what we didn’t :wink:

B2T: So we’re definitely back to square one in regards to the TIE Fighter. My guess then would be a TIE Pilot, Stormie and a random third Imperial (technician, gunner, Death Star trooper, or officer).

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

In what way did they do The Hobbit dirty though? The only important character they left out was Bolg, apart from him we basically got everything we needed :sweet: And the LOTR sets were amazing, all that was needed was one more wave to fill some of the more egregious gaps... I’m usually a glass-half-full sort of person, so I’m more happy with what we got than angry with what we didn’t :wink:

Don't want to go too much off-topic but I feel like most builds in the sets for The Hobbit left a lot to be desired. But at least most of the figures were awesome, too bad I missed out on the sets :wall: When it comes to LEGO and The Hobbit I'm most angry about the videogame, I'll never forgive WB for abusing our trust like that :damn:

9 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

when will start the sale of Cantina for VIP members, right after the midnight or later?

We never know beforehand. Sometimes, it’s around midnight, and at other times, it’s 10 o’clock in the morning. I don’t think there’s a pattern to it, so we won’t know before midnight :shrug_oh_well:

I actually won’t be picking up the Cantina at midnight. Hopefully they won’t sell out because I’d like to take a drive to my Lego store this weekend. I have to pick some things up at Bass Pro anyway and they’re in the same mall about 45 minutes away. So hopefully the Cantina lasts long enough for me to pick one up in person! Maybe I’ll grab some of the other Star Wars sets too and build up some more VIP points. I like to save them up for about two years or so and cash them in on something big, like the ISD last year

It's so good that we will be able to get that Luke, which only comes in Cloud City set and Cloud City duel, both of which are either huge or unavailable. 

I hope that Vader will be next.

5 hours ago, Redroe said:

At least one of the LOTR sets was displayed at a toy fair with one more preliminary figure than it was released with. They secretly hate LOTR fans.

They did this with the han solo and the alien meatball hallway scene set in the force awakens. There was an extra guava death gang dude that got cut out of the minifig roster. Made me so salty.

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bespin Luke will be the next gift for the LEGO SW magazine :excited: Finally a cheap way to get that figure!

Proof if it were needed that cloud city sold like coals to Newcastle. That fig cost me dear. :wall: i shouldn't be bitter.

3 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

They did this with the han solo and the alien meatball hallway scene set in the force awakens. There was an extra guava death gang dude that got cut out of the minifig roster. Made me so salty.

And them as well! I got 3 on bricklink for big bucks and then they popped up in advent calendar. 

I have my eye on some Utapau troopers on ebay but I am terrified that they'll pop up in a set next year and suddenly go cheap as chips.

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bespin Luke will be the next gift for the LEGO SW magazine :excited: Finally a cheap way to get that figure!

Where is that information from? Sounds great if true!