MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Nobody going to mention the rumoured $5 polybag? Anyone? No? Hope it's a figure.

Supposedly the three figures the TIE comes with are an imperial pilot, protocol droid, and "a figure with short legs" (healthy dosage of salt required as this account has been wrong before). Sounds interesting, though I have no idea who the short-legged one could be. The only thing I can think is that a TIE pops up in the Mandalorian and we get Kuill in there, but that seems like a stretch.

Since a few sets always fly under the radar (retailer exclusives and what have you) and there was a leaked Titanium Metallic Phase 2 clone helmet that was presumed to be for Hunter's Helmet, I am led to assume that there will be a  retailer exclusives Bad Batch set.(Either from the new show or from the Clone Wars). If it wasn't coming soon then surely the helmet leaked very early.

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 minute ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Supposedly the three figures the TIE comes with are an imperial pilot, protocol droid, and "a figure with short legs" (healthy dosage of salt required as this account has been wrong before). Sounds interesting, though I have no idea who the short-legged one could be. The only thing I can think is that a TIE pops up in the Mandalorian and we get Kuill in there, but that seems like a stretch.

This sounds like a description of the fake leak I‘ve talked about on the previous page :wink:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This sounds like a description of the fake leak I‘ve talked about on the previous page :wink:

Oh yeah, whoops... Never mind then :laugh:

35 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Since a few sets always fly under the radar (retailer exclusives and what have you) and there was a leaked Titanium Metallic Phase 2 clone helmet that was presumed to be for Hunter's Helmet, I am led to assume that there will be a  retailer exclusives Bad Batch set.(Either from the new show or from the Clone Wars). If it wasn't coming soon then surely the helmet leaked very early.

I didn’t see the post / story on IG but it was shared by Landino I think, someone mentioned it on this thread when it happened a few weeks back. Does anyone know if Landino specifically mentioned it was for the Bad Batch, or was that just a speculative comment from another party? 

Edited by T21Typhoon

1 minute ago, T21Typhoon said:

I didn’t see the post / story on IG but it was shared by Landino I think, someone mentioned it on this thread when it happened a few weeks back. Did Landino specifically mention it was for the Bad Batch, or was that just a speculative comment? 

I was just speculating based off there usually being a retailer exclusive or something that isn't list when waves first get leaked, in combination with the helmet that has been leaked on IG. That the helmet could be for the Bad Batch is a guess but I'm not the first one to make that guess.

That Mandalorian set is the same price as 501st "battle pack". It would be nice to get similar concept there - more good guys against fewer villains + some vehicle/build. I would like to see the forge with Armorer, Mando, Paz Vizsla + 2 Stormtroopers.

2 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

This was confirmed by Detective Azani - he's a very reliable leaker. If he says that those 3 minfigures are included, then they are included. 

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I was just speculating based off there usually being a retailer exclusive or something that isn't list when waves first get leaked, in combination with the helmet that has been leaked on IG. That the helmet could be for the Bad Batch is a guess but I'm not the first one to make that guess.

When the helmet was shared, the guy who shared it was the one who said it was Bad Batch.

Not sure of that person’s credibility, but Landino did share it so I’d hazard a guess to it having at least some.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This was confirmed by Detective Azani - he's a very reliable leaker. If he says that those 3 minfigures are included, then they are included. 

Hm, then I assume that the person who created the fake leak based it on that description :laugh:

8 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I agree.  When I was younger, all that I wanted was Boba Fett or Darth Maul or Darth Vader, I didn't care what was from which trilogy or whatever, I just wanted the 'cool' characters.  Honestly with the absolute youngest generation of fans, I don't really even know how much Clone Wars or prequels resonates with them, I feel like most of them tend to gravitate towards BB-8 or Kylo Ren or Porgs or whatnot.  It's only really the 13-15 year olds and up that could still be considered the "prequel" generation.  But you I said, I don't think kids are giving much through to "I don't like these movies, so I don't want these sets", rather, they just want fun stuff to fly around.  I am really very anxious to see what the TIE and X-Wing look like especially, somehow despite me amassing probably close to a hundred different Star Wars ships/models, I don't have a single minifig scale X-Wing or TIE.  Hopefully this breaks that streak!

Same here, with those specific figures even. I never got a maul until last year or so, too, it felt good to finally get one after it being one of the figures I wanted most as a kid.

These new, smaller sets should be really interesting, as I've said if they pull them off well it could be an amazing thing for the theme.

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

Nobody going to mention the rumoured $5 polybag? Anyone? No? Hope it's a figure.

Where'd you see this?

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Maybe it's an ESB set then, and the figures are a TIE pilot, the droid that says "echuta" to c-3po, and an ugnaught? Doesn't make too much sense, but if there's a protocol droid and figure with short legs IDK what else it could be.

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Aha, I must've seen it from a secondary source then.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe it's an ESB set then, and the figures are a TIE pilot, the droid that says "echuta" to c-3po, and an ugnaught? Doesn't make too much sense, but if there's a protocol droid and figure with short legs IDK what else it could be.

A TIE pilot with a non-descript imperial protocol droid (I think there was a black one with one of the Star Destroyer or Death Star sets?) would seem fairly innocuous to me if the third figure were a stormie or officer, but the presence of that short figure is thought-provoking to say the least. As you say an ugnaught is really the only short minifigure to be associated with the Empire, let alone with a TIE fighter.

So, when I try to go to the page I had bookmarked for The Bespin Duel on Target.com it's saying "product is no longer available".  Is that just me or is anyone else unable to find a listing for it on Target? 

12 minutes ago, marksable said:

So, when I try to go to the page I had bookmarked for The Bespin Duel on Target.com it's saying "product is no longer available".  Is that just me or is anyone else unable to find a listing for it on Target? 

It sold out within a day or so. There is no indication there is more stock coming, as it was a limited run originally intended for a convention.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 12:26 PM, HalfBloodPrince said:

What do you guys honestly prefer?

1. Overpriced Xwing and Tie Fighter but Look complex and great

or

2. Decently Priced X-Wing and Tie but sacrifices Complexity 

Honestly I would prefer the option 2 and its great for kids to get into the theme

I would prefer the first option, then I'll wait for a discount :)

10 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

It sold out within a day or so. There is no indication there is more stock coming, as it was a limited run originally intended for a convention.

But then you could bricklink one for only a bit more money.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I would like to throw my hat into the ring and confirm the existence of three figs in 75300. One with a protocol head, one with short legs, and one other (doesn't look like a pilot). I don't think anyone in the community knows what they are based on the info thats out there. 

As for the $5 polybag, I would advise anyone to lower their hopes and expect the standard mini build. 

Edited by Childish_Landino

7 hours ago, ood0 said:

Probably just going to be another mini ship build, we've been getting at least one of those every year for quite a while.

1 hour ago, marksable said:

At least you got a chance at it, they didn't even bother to releae it over here. :laugh_hard:

12 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

I would like to throw my hat into the ring and confirm the existence of three figs in 75300. One with a protocol head, one with short legs, and one other (doesn't look like a pilot). I don't think anyone in the community knows what they are based on the info thats out there. 

As for the $5 polybag, I would advise anyone to lower their hopes and expect the standard mini build. 

So the TIE doesn't actually come with a pilot at all? 

Hm...This TIE news is really strange.  

OT makes the most sense if it's part of this series of scaled down vehicles, since I don't know why'd they'd lead off with a vehicle from another property, but those figures don't seem to fit anything.  I mean, I know the 4+ sets didn't always have the most logical figures (C-3PO with the A-Wing, Rebel Trooper with the TIE) but I can't think of any short leg characters from the OT besides Jawas and Ugnaughts. 

Could it be from the Cassian show that's supposed to be coming this spring?  Mando wouldn't really make any sense unless that last figure is Gideon and we're somehow getting a new droid and new short character from S2 (which would be a TON of new characters, considering like half of the Rebels cast is already rumored to be popping up), I don't think there's any characters in Rebels that would warrant short legs (and the only protocol droid important enough to get a figure is AP-5), I haven't seen Resistance so I can't speak there, I don't think they'd bring back Freemakers or anything like that...

2 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Could it be from the Cassian show that's supposed to be coming this spring?  Mando wouldn't really make any sense unless that last figure is Gideon and we're somehow getting a new droid and new short character from S2 (which would be a TON of new characters, considering like half of the Rebels cast is already rumored to be popping up), I don't think there's any characters in Rebels that would warrant short legs (and the only protocol droid important enough to get a figure is AP-5), I haven't seen Resistance so I can't speak there, I don't think they'd bring back Freemakers or anything like that...

I was wondering about the potential for Gideon and Kuill

Spoiler

(even though I realise he won't be in S2)

but that would still mean a new protocol droid as I don't remember any from the Mandalorian. Is it possible it could be a Squadrons tie-in?

Just now, TeddytheSpoon said:

I was wondering about the potential for Gideon and Kuill

Reveal hidden contents

(even though I realise he won't be in S2)

but that would still mean a new protocol droid as I don't remember any from the Mandalorian. Is it possible it could be a Squadrons tie-in?

Didn't think of that, I haven't played Fallen Order either so I don't know if there's a possible tie-in there either.  The only protocol droid I can think of was Zero from the prison break episode, I think it was Ep 6.  But again, that makes no sense as there wasn't a TIE present anywhere in that episode and there weren't any short leg characters there either.