MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 minutes ago, Robianco said:

That would create some Inception or Tenet style time loop though. I’ve already had my own Insta post posted back to me as proof that we’re getting the figure and that I was wrong in suggesting we’re not. If Lego then decides to actually create the figure as a promo I’m afraid for the future of the universe as the fabric of space folds in on itself.

????

maybe that’s the evil plan from the lego designers! L(et) E(xistence) G(o) O(bliterate) 

3 minutes ago, dvogon said:

Now with the momentum of the MBS Cantina, it would be great if Lego create side sets and/or battle pack with additional characters. This would help in both ways: the ones who would want the cantina would be able to complement it. The ones would want the side-sets would be more interested in the MBS Cantina.

Yes, please!

Thanks for the input on 501st/AAT set availability everyone! It’s much appreciated. :sweet:

7 hours ago, Archer said:

A closer pic of the side-of-box minifigure lineup seems to confirm that Lego will be using the official names of the alien denizens. It's a little thing, but it makes me happy! I hate the number of Aliens, Henchmen, and Astromechs, Majors, Troopers, and Pilots who aren't given their actual names on the product.

Am I crazy? does anybody else feel this way?

I concur! It’s always nice when details like actual names are dropped on packaging - just feels more authentic. Plus I suppose it’s difficult to come up with so many generic names for the cantina patrons. 

Looking at the newer HDish leaks of the cantina released over the past couple of days, I’m all the more sold on it. Very excited to see official press release images, particularly as to how the roof of the main cantina building works. Whilst it’s a bit of a shame that characters such as Han/Greedo don’t get dual moulded limbs, the fact that this set alone introduces three new moulds more than makes up for it. 

To quickly chip in on the remakes discussion, I’m personally fine with them as long as said remakes are a significant improvement over their predecessors and offer some incentive for long-time collectors who may already own the previous rendition of a particular set. Saying that, it seems the window between sets being remade is constricting more than ever, at least when it comes to OT-based sets over the past few years (and select prequel vehicles). 

Oh, and the Skywalker Saga game’s exclusive blue milk Luke will make for an excellent and intimidating addition to the cantina :laugh:

Edited by T21Typhoon

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

That was one that I think they could've gotten away with including without a new head mold, too.  His head is more humanoid than, say, Ponda Baba, to where they could probably get away with printing it on a standard head and it not looking horrible.

I agree, it could probably work with the old luke/han/ben hair.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

That would create some Inception or Tenet style time loop though. I’ve already had my own Insta post posted back to me as proof that we’re getting the figure and that I was wrong in suggesting we’re not. If Lego then decides to actually create the figure as a promo I’m afraid for the future of the universe as the fabric of space folds in on itself.

Well didn't you know? It's the eurobricks paradox. Suggestion, wishlisting, or customs/jokes of a set, figure, or part spontaneously generates that set into existence, with the original wishlist, custom, or joke becoming clear, solid evidence of that set's existence. You can increase the speed of the reaction by making the set based on something fans either really want, or really don't want. :laugh:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, T21Typhoon said:

I’m personally fine with them as long as said remakes are a significant improvement over their predecessors and offer some incentive for long-time collectors who may already own the previous rendition of a particular set.

While I'd like remakes to always be better than the previous version, the medium can only get so good, so this will eventually become impossible with most sets (it already has happened with sets like the AT-AP). I'd like for them to throw in other draws like desirable or new figures in remakes, but that doesn't seem to be the way Lego has been going recently. Even when we reach the point when there isn't any major change or interesting addition that can be added to a set, they'll still have to do remakes for new fans to get. I don't think we've reached that point yet though, so I'd like to see Lego make remakes more interesting.

5 minutes ago, MGS6735 said:

While I'd like remakes to always be better than the previous version, the medium can only get so good, so this will eventually become impossible with most sets (it already has happened with sets like the AT-AP). I'd like for them to throw in other draws like desirable or new figures in remakes, but that doesn't seem to be the way Lego has been going recently. Even when we reach the point when there isn't any major change or interesting addition that can be added to a set, they'll still have to do remakes for new fans to get. I don't think we've reached that point yet though, so I'd like to see Lego make remakes more interesting.

To me AT-AP and Souless One (ignoring price) are examples of same to slightly better and thats fine design wise for all the reasons you say. As long as its been more than 5-7 years I see no issues with the remakes that don't improve but keep the status quo. I don't think smaller = worse (I love the 2016 Turbo Tank, though I know some thought it a step back), but the 2014 MTT will always be my go too example of a remake that backtracked immensely. That example is an outlier to me though. Given time I think any set is okay to be remade.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:02 AM, Lego-Freak said:

I'll only believe it once either @Azani, @jdubbs, @Falconfan1414, or @Childish_Landino confirm it :tongue: Did I miss someone?

I prefer not to totally ignore a mention on here, but I can neither confirm nor deny at this juncture in time with the knowledge that I have.

Additionally, I'm not particularly familiar with the fellow on Instagram who is owner of the "pretty legit account" that @THELEGOBATMAN is citing, and as a corollary of that I can't really speak to the odds that he is legitimate either way. ?

So it looks like the roof just comes off and sits to one side when the cantina is open, which is fine I guess.

Still looks fantastic, seeing all those new minifigures in a line is quite something! :drool:

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Looks much bigger in the video. It is disappointing that some minifigures did not have extra print details but I think considering it’s not a UCS it is ok.

In the words of Director Krennic: "Oh, it's beautiful!" :D

Hopefully there'll be double VIP points on this one (cf. 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer) as well as a GWP (maybe a microscale Tatooine vignette?).

Looks nice. Figs are definitely the biggest draw. I like the extended bar but the rest of the build itself is a bit... samey, isn't it?

Oh, and the Ubrikkian speeder is practically a carbon copy of the one from the 2016 cantina. I do like that we get to have the other speeder in an official set now, though.

Edited by jimmynick

I'm undecided on the Cantina.

I can see the value of the set overall; A lot of minifigs and a decent section of Mos Eisely on display. I'm just disappointed that the inside of the cantina looks a little bare and repetitive (the latter of which is admittedly kind of a given with the source material). I can't help but wish they'd made the cantina itself a little bigger and spent their entire parts budget on cramming as many details as possible into it as opposed to these extra side builds.

They didn't bother to name the Modal Nodes members, but everything else are named, and trademarked too. :pir_wacko:

5 minutes ago, makoy said:

They didn't bother to name the Modal Nodes members, but everything else are named, and trademarked too. :pir_wacko:

At least on the US page some figs are even given two different trademarked names. :laugh: They couldn't decide!

Anyone else notice the hinges on the Jawa shop?! It opens up. Strange they don't show a pic of the inside.

Edited by Archer

Shoutout to lego to bump the price 50$ CAN more than the UCS cloud city set while the pricing remains the same for the US and EU. 450$ smh

Well, the reveal doesn't actually... reveal anything new, since we've seen most already. Definitely gonna buy it, but maaayybe I'll MOC it into something else, dunno yet.
Still not clear to me what the additional, smaller building is :laugh: :innocent2: I'm guessing some market stall.
Guess I'll find out soon enough :devil:

Regards,
Mitch

27 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Well, the reveal doesn't actually... reveal anything new, since we've seen most already. Definitely gonna buy it, but maaayybe I'll MOC it into something else, dunno yet.
Still not clear to me what the additional, smaller building is :laugh: :innocent2: I'm guessing some market stall.
Guess I'll find out soon enough :devil:

Regards,
Mitch

I believe it’s meant as a Jawa shop.

So now we have official pics do we think obi wan’s hut connects to this somehow ... and yes I know his hut isn’t in mos eisley

As usual, the price is 25 % cheaper in US than Sweden. I guess I have to consolidate myseldning that we have free education and almost health care

Honestly one of the best Star Wars sets to come out in a long time. A few more unique aliens like the Scream one would've been great but the figs are excellent.

18 minutes ago, Seasider said:

So now we have official pics do we think obi wan’s hut connects to this somehow ... and yes I know his hut isn’t in mos eisley

I can't figure out where it would. The connectors for the add-on build don't fit.