MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Don't really see Lego repeating the Aqualish or Garindan mold any time soon. Unless either an Aqualish or a Garindin-species-character becomes a major character in Mandalorian of one of the upcoming projects. In a way, it would be nice is they stayed exclusive but I might end up bricklinking them if I don't buy the cantina....oh the prices...:D 

43 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

I remember that there were Aqualish senators in prequels.

Po Nudo belongs to the four-eyed Aqualish subspecies, so the Ponda Baba mould wouldn‘t really work for him :tongue: Besides, he‘s pretty low on the wishlist of CIS members I imagine, well below the likes of Wat Tambor or San Hill even :head_back:

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

You're quite right. I was about to say that they won't really merit a minifig appearance then remembered that the second (?) Rodian fig was actually a Senator. :laugh:

Difference is that Onaconda Farr actually had a decently sized role in some episodes of TCW, while those aqualish senators are just background characters

Interesting mention in today’s EW Mandalorian article/interview: Esposito said Gideon will be flying something much bigger.

Something tells me that’s why we’re not seeing an Outland TIE. I bet they’ve got something different planned for him :excited:

A closer pic of the side-of-box minifigure lineup seems to confirm that Lego will be using the official names of the alien denizens. It's a little thing, but it makes me happy! I hate the number of Aliens, Henchmen, and Astromechs, Majors, Troopers, and Pilots who aren't given their actual names on the product.

Am I crazy? does anybody else feel this way?

So apparently there will be an exclusive Snaggletooth figure (with new headmold) for anyone who buys the set from Sears. Yet another ******* US exclusive :ugh:

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So apparently there will be an exclusive Snaggletooth figure (with new headmold) for anyone who buys the set from Sears. Yet another ******* US exclusive :ugh:

I'm 110% sure that was just a photoshop joke somebody did due to that being the case with an old Kenner version.

Edited by Archer

Just now, Archer said:

I'm 99% sure that was just a photoshop joke somebody did due to that being the case with an old Kenner version.

Hm, hope that's true then. I just saw it, searched up what 'Sears' was and saw that it's from the US. Making a figure like that exclusive to the US sounds exactly like something LEGO would do :hmpf:

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hm, hope that's true then. I just saw it, searched up what 'Sears' was and saw that it's from the US. Making a figure like that exclusive to the US sounds exactly like something LEGO would do :hmpf:

That’s 100% not happening... Sears is a long dead company.

19 minutes ago, azanderk said:

Sears is a long dead company.

Technically, no. But might as well be.

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The problem is that even if Burg reappears in the show, his minifig would have to be based on his S1 appearance in order to reuse the mould due to

Reveal hidden contents

his horns getting cut off at the end of the episode. And I doubt they grow back, see Rebels 

:tongue: 

Spoiler

True, although lego's made worse innacuracies. 

3 hours ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Interesting mention in today’s EW Mandalorian article/interview: Esposito said Gideon will be flying something much bigger.

Something tells me that’s why we’re not seeing an Outland TIE. I bet they’ve got something different planned for him :excited:

There was speculation he had a star destroyer since he's standing in his hologram in the show but then arrives in a TIE. Odds are this is hinting at it.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sears hasn't gotten any lego exclusives in a long time, if ever, and their company has been declining for awhile.  Completely fake rumor...

I don’t remember whether it was discussed earlier. Won’t there be any Force Friday this year? I prefer to hold on purchasing from lego.com until there are some promotions/GWP.

39 minutes ago, storskogen said:

I don’t remember whether it was discussed earlier. Won’t there be any Force Friday this year? I prefer to hold on purchasing from lego.com until there are some promotions/GWP.

I don’t think so because there is no new movie this year.

12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The problem is that even if Burg reappears in the show, his minifig would have to be based on his S1 appearance in order to reuse the mould due to

Hide contents

his horns getting cut off at the end of the episode. And I doubt they grow back, see Rebels 

:tongue: 

You act like that's stopped LEGO before lol. How many times have they reused a mold that's inaccurate just to save money or let alone entire figures?

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It’s a fun nudge to the classic kenner mos eisley cantina of course. It’s actually a missed opportunity from Lego’s side to not include him. 
Snaggletooth is also my 2nd favorite alien from the classic star wars toys, so i would have loved to see him as a minifig one day. (I have him as a kubrick and that version is also really nice. Gives me a good idea how a lego minifig could look like)

11 minutes ago, Borex said:

It’s a fun nudge to the classic kenner mos eisley cantina of course. It’s actually a missed opportunity from Lego’s side to not include him. 
Snaggletooth is also my 2nd favorite alien from the classic star wars toys, so i would have loved to see him as a minifig one day. (I have him as a kubrick and that version is also really nice. Gives me a good idea how a lego minifig could look like)

Which is exactly why I did it. And also because people moaned so much about the Bespin Duel set that I wanted to poke them with a stick. :)

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Which is exactly why I did it. And also because people moaned so much about the Bespin Duel set that I wanted to poke them with a stick. :)

Well you definetely succeeded in that :laugh_hard: I'd say most Europeans (including me) have no clue what Sears is and given how much LEGO likes to give the US exclusive stuff it definetely could've been real. I really should've looked a bit closer at the picture, it's kinda obvious that it's a custom :tongue: :wall: 

21 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Good job! Maybe Lego can make him as promotional for this set! 

I once made a design for Cuusoo ( ideas - back in the days) some sort of battlepacks. One came with cantina aliens and of course with snaggletooth (and a promotional blue snaggletooth as well)

edit: 

Edited by Borex
Added a link

30 minutes ago, Borex said:

That was one that I think they could've gotten away with including without a new head mold, too.  His head is more humanoid than, say, Ponda Baba, to where they could probably get away with printing it on a standard head and it not looking horrible.

That said, on the subject of the Kenner figures, I would never, ever, ever complain about anything LEGO ever did for the rest of my life if there was some sort of promo/GWP minifigure based on one of the original Kenner figures, either the Hammerhead, Greedo with lime green jacket or Walrus Man with all of the colors.  Doubt that would ever happen, but I can dream...

Now that we've got better box pics, I do agree that the black background isn't working as well as it does for some sets.  The helmets or whatever are fine because that's the only focal point of the set, there's no background needed.  Compare this box to, say, Cloud City's box, where you've got the orange and pink clouds in the background, I think it just makes the set pop so much more.  Then you've got the black stripes on the top and bottom to designate is as something beyond just the normal system sets.  If I was good at photoshop I'd mock this one up with a Tatooine background just to see if it makes it look a bit more attractive.

36 minutes ago, Borex said:

Good job! Maybe Lego can make him as promotional for this set! 

That would create some Inception or Tenet style time loop though. I’ve already had my own Insta post posted back to me as proof that we’re getting the figure and that I was wrong in suggesting we’re not. If Lego then decides to actually create the figure as a promo I’m afraid for the future of the universe as the fabric of space folds in on itself.

3 hours ago, Borex said:
8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Now with the momentum of the MBS Cantina, it would be great if Lego creates side sets and/or battle pack with additional characters. This would help in both ways: the ones who would want the cantina would be able to complement it. The ones who would want the side-sets would be more interested in the MBS Cantina.

Edited by dvogon