MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

Any comment on how easily that escape pod might be removed and modded to make a second (first) floor of useful accomodation?

I’d be surprised if you could make space for a figure to stand up without taking away from the space underneath but a second seating area is probably possible. As much space and there is underneath, figures only just get by without scraping their heads. IG-11 barely fits as is, if it weren’t for the roof being hollow he wouldn’t have room to stand. 

New pictures of Mos Eisley Cantina on the usual place. The minifigures look incredible! I like especially the Imperial spy.

27 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’d be surprised if you could make space for a figure to stand up without taking away from the space underneath but a second seating area is probably possible. As much space and there is underneath, figures only just get by without scraping their heads. IG-11 barely fits as is, if it weren’t for the roof being hollow he wouldn’t have room to stand. 

Ok, thanks. I'm drifting towards getting this now but I will want to make significant changes and I want to know how possible it is before spending significant money.

They did an incredible job with the detail on Garindan's mask. Really liking the new Devaronian headpiece as well. Doesn't look to be any dual molding on Han this time around.

I'm a little surprised the Biths are the exact same figures from 2014. Was expecting they'd get a new torso print, but glad they didn't as it makes it easier for anyone who still owns the older set to have a complete band without worrying about redesigns.

Garindan looks ace. I would give Kal Fas the medium black legs to make him a bit shorter. Not a big fan of Kabe. Maybe it’s the nose (although it is a specific part of him of course) or the legs? And i really like the devorian. His face could have been a bit more silly as in the movies, but this is better for playing with it. 
I hope i can get this set, i would love to. 

Yeah Garindan looks excellent - and it looks like a removable hood piece which would enable other Kubaz characters (from the Mandalorian!) - likewise with the Devorian.

Kabe isn't the best likeness in all honesty - ears are too big - would've benefitted from a unique mould, or possibly this piece instead https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93230pb02#T=C&C=120

Any reason why the Modal Nodes (and Garindan) couldn't have dual-moulded legs???

That Bossk head in tan looks awesome - could've perhaps used medium legs for that fig tho.

No additional printing on Greedo or Han by the looks of things, which is a shame, especially for Greedo imo.

Absolutely psyched for this set, and can't wait to get hold of it, but as always a little bemused at the persistent stinginess / laziness when it comes details / printing / dual-moulds etc, especially on what will inevitably be a premium priced set. Hey ho, is what it is I suppose...

Edited by ThousandMoon

So far i would BL Garindan, Pona and Evazan and build the cantina from own bricks just for fun. Rest is lame and lazy. Lets wait for the Ninjago set if there will be any set i would buy day 1. If those 3 figs go for too much then i wait for the cantina to go to 250Eur the same way as the CC did.

Edited by STARHAWK

On 9/6/2020 at 4:28 AM, jdubbs said:

The current wave underwhelmed me (at least if you set aside the store exclusives like Razor Crest, Bespin Duel, and even the Galaxy's Edge thing). Small sets, scale was all over the place (a few builds grossly over-sized, another grossly under-sized), very few legitimately new figs, a lot of rehashes, massive price inflation, capping off a year with fewer sets overall than we've seen in previous years. The store exclusives and D2Cs made up for that to some extent, but 2020 as a whole was still a letdown for me. I saved a lot of money though!

But the thing is, for everyone who is dissatisfied with any given set or wave, there is someone who is happy to have it. If you're a big-time CW/prequel fan, or you don't already have an AT-AT, this was a good wave. The same will no doubt be true next year.... some people will be happy with certain things that others are unhappy with.

I wouldnt say that the summer wave was way better than the winter wave and all together I also agree that 2020 is not one one the most solid years of SW lego, even if the Mos Eisley UCS increased it from a much lower point. Although it is substantially better than 2019, which I think was the 2010 decades worst SW year. 

2019 had nothing for me, only bought the Tantive IV (just the other week actually where I found it on half price) but that is only because I didn't have the previous version, If I did it would rather have been zero. 

For anyone interested, Kardue'sai'Malloc (the Devaronian) has a torso that would work pretty well for a purist Mako from The Legend of Korra.

I'm so happy Momaw Nadon has leg printing! The Imperial Spy looks incredible and I love the Devaronian head, hopefully that becomes available in cheaper sets because I'd love to get a bunch of those, Ghost Rider needs some demons to fight!

9 hours ago, Redroe said:

Any comment on how easily that escape pod might be removed and modded to make a second (first) floor of useful accomodation?

Not easily, unfortunately. It's only about 2-3 bricks tall, you could maybe get a bit of space for weapons, though. There are other areas you could get some more interior space out of, like the area where they put mando's gun in the unaltered set and even the cockpit itself if you switch the seating around. As-is you can easily fit the whole mando crew in the cockpit and main hold, including two figures and the child in the cockpit.

23 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm so happy Momaw Nadon has leg printing! The Imperial Spy looks incredible and I love the Devaronian head, hopefully that becomes available in cheaper sets because I'd love to get a bunch of those, Ghost Rider needs some demons to fight!

I know, these minifigures all look so good! I'm glad the ithorian head is back, and garindan, the devaronian, and the new color for the trandoshan head are all great!

I'm really conflicted here, the set is such a good set but I've already bought the crest and a fair amount of smaller sets, plus I want that AT-AT too...

5 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I wouldnt say that the summer wave was way better than the winter wave and all together I also agree that 2020 is not one one the most solid years of SW lego, even if the Mos Eisley UCS increased it from a much lower point. Although it is substantially better than 2019, which I think was the 2010 decades worst SW year. 

2019 had nothing for me, only bought the Tantive IV (just the other week actually where I found it on half price) but that is only because I didn't have the previous version, If I did it would rather have been zero. 

Late 2020 is great, early was meh aside from the Mando BP and I also liked Obi Wan's home. 

I had a nice look at the higher res images; Garindan is spot on! Definitly one of the highlight of the minifigs line-up with Evazan and Ponda Baba.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not easily, unfortunately. It's only about 2-3 bricks tall, you could maybe get a bit of space for weapons, though. There are other areas you could get some more interior space out of, like the area where they put mando's gun in the unaltered set and even the cockpit itself if you switch the seating around. As-is you can easily fit the whole mando crew in the cockpit and main hold, including two figures and the child in the cockpit.

I know, these minifigures all look so good! I'm glad the ithorian head is back, and garindan, the devaronian, and the new color for the trandoshan head are all great!

I'm really conflicted here, the set is such a good set but I've already bought the crest and a fair amount of smaller sets, plus I want that AT-AT too...

Ya I'm in the same boat. On top of that the PS5 is coming out soon and will likely cost a fortune.

Oh my the figures are good. Especially the Garindan. Definitely one of the best/strongest minifigure line ups we've seen since the Death Star. (Though to be fair Cloud City was very good).

With all the leaks, when do you reckon the official reveal will be considering we have all the main details?

16 minutes ago, ginja said:

With all the leaks, when do you reckon the official reveal will be considering we have all the main details?

It could be this week, it could be on the 15th. No way of telling, considering Diagon Alley was revealed the day before its release, while most other sets are revealed a week or two in advance.

Those new minifigs look great, specially the Garindan and although the Saurin has the same mold as a Trandoshan, at least color is matched.

There would be plenty of spieces still for a cantina battle pack or small side build.

10 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Depending on how deeply they go into the Mandalorian next year they've got the perfect opportunity to reuse the Devaronian head piece on Burg while still keeping the Labria character exclusive to the cantina.

4 hours ago, wesker said:

Depending on how deeply they go into the Mandalorian next year they've got the perfect opportunity to reuse the Devaronian head piece on Burg while still keeping the Labria character exclusive to the cantina.

The problem is that even if Burg reappears in the show, his minifig would have to be based on his S1 appearance in order to reuse the mould due to

his horns getting cut off at the end of the episode. And I doubt they grow back, see Rebels 

:tongue: 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The problem is that even if Burg reappears in the show, his minifig would have to be based on his S1 appearance in order to reuse the mould due to

Hide contents

his horns getting cut off at the end of the episode. And I doubt they grow back, see Rebels 

:tongue: 

Yes, I think its worth holding out on Devaronian headpieces appearing on bricklink due to reusing them down the line for Mando sets or even in some ninjago set or something like that. 

I was thinking about Garindan's mask though. Even though the number of his species on screen trebles in the Mandalorian (from 1!) neither of the new ones appears in a scene that could be made easily into a sellable set so he will probably remain exclusive.

I am also not aware of any Aqualish getting screentime other than Baba. Unlike Rodians who pop up everywhere and are common enough to make it into battle packs so that mold isn't exclusive ti Greedo.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

I remember that there were Aqualish senators in prequels.

You're quite right. I was about to say that they won't really merit a minifig appearance then remembered that the second (?) Rodian fig was actually a Senator. :laugh: