MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

GB price is likely to be about £280-£330 right? Why bring out such a lovely set when I still need to get Hogwarts, Barracuda Bay, Diagon Alley and the AT-AT?! 

Looking forward to parting out my three old Mos Eisley sets and making room for this one. Might use the dome from the second version to make another random building. It looks like the cantina might be a bit more square than the 'real' thing, but should be easy to mod in some extra booths if that is the case. Good to see a V-35, I'll probably try and make a second in the Lars Family colour scheme. It would have been nice to get an A-1 or Void Spider over another Ubrikkian 9000, but no real bother. 

A very good selection of patrons, Muftak being the one I'd like which is missing. I'm not sure if the Devaronian has a minifigure head and then a piece on top like Darth Maul/Black Panther, but if it does I think it could be recoloured and repurposed for  a Gotal, unless it has ears. 

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that this is the first time in the entire history of LEGO Star Wars that there have been seven entirely new characters in one set. There have been sets with more new minifigures (eg., 10188, where most of the figures were new prints of existing characters), but if there has ever been a set that introduced more new names than this I haven’t spotted it. 

I'm very impressed, this looks like a really neat set. I'm almost more excited for the Devaronian than Garidan. Not a day one purchase but almost certainly going on the list.

This is awesome. I think i really need to have this one. 
hopefully they’ll give us some additional mos eisley aliens in a battlepack or something. There are quite a few that don’t need new moulds 

Wow! This set is going to be one of the best ones in Lego SW history. A must buy for sure. Plenty of details and minifigs never released before.

13 minutes ago, Borex said:

Who is the Davorian Guy talking to? Nabrun Leids?

Looks like Elis Helrot (the "Scream" guy)

Just Wow - have never been as excited for a set - will be queueing outside the Lego store for this bad boy!

It looks absolutely perfect - the only thing that could make it better would be "complete" legs on Han... :)) 

Looks great, definite purchase and look forward to adding it to my tatooine scene. Looks like I'll now have 3 dewbacks, 10 sandtroopers and about 8 bith haha.

Thinking ahead to 2021 sets, without going down the wishlist path (as I already own one), wouldn't surprise me if Lego played another safe tatooine release with the escape pod in the £20 range (thinking based on @jdubbspost a few pages back about the January wave), to fit in with the landspeeder, obi hut and now the cantina.

I have seen the leaks too... and I must say, I feel defeated because I have tried doing a MOC of that, and now my MOC looks terrible.

The designers have really 1-up  the design here.

It's a good sign that this time they spent the pieces on a different speeder instead of Luke's one.

Promobricks has the full set of figures:

Edited by dvogon
Added small german translations, just in case

I want to see the interior. It must be the worst crap we've seen in a long time, because the outside and the minifigs are too good to be true.

27 minutes ago, dvogon said:
32 minutes ago, dvogon said:

Promobricks has the full set of figures:

Ah so it's not Elis Helrot (scream guy) then! Still happy to get one of the Saurin characters - I assume they'll use the Bossk head mould in tan / dark tan - great for several other Trandoshan characters!

2 minutes ago, Borex said:

1 minute ago, ThousandMoon said:

Ah so it's not Elis Helrot (scream guy) then! Still happy to get one of the Saurin characters - I assume they'll use the Bossk head mould in tan / dark tan - great for several other Trandoshan characters!

Oh they’re Saurin species. I always thought it was like a small Trandoshan ?

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hahaha yes

Really, I see a fair amount of (justified) complaints from people that they can't get ahold of the set...

Don't act like the US people are the only ones who complain about stuff like this. 

Hmm. Right. Moving on. 

The Mos Eisley UCS is phenomenal.

The box looks boring though! 

Such a shame I spent around £75 for the 2014 one now this has come out but I haven’t built that yet so I can definitely add parts from that to this. 

Really feels like Lego have tried to include so many new figures when they really didn’t have to. Well done Lego, you deserve big credit here. 

Now when are the the 2021 leaks going to start appearing? 

16 minutes ago, Borex said:

would be cool though! Or do they have the official list or something?

I think at this point it's still guesswork, but to me makes sense given the pictures.

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I can’t believe I hit the nail on the head with this. It’s just a big beige box without a roof. 

I know... I guess I'm in a minority here but I'd have preferred a "bunch of stuff" approach to this location. That's what I was expecting based on the first few images. As it is, looks like I'm bricklinking half a dozen figures.

Seems clear the landspeeder was released this year to complement this beast so chance of them including another was fairly slim. I'm more surprised at the inclusion of another kubrickian pod speeder thing.

Looks fantastic though. A genuine advanced build unlike much of the MBS style things we've seen.

7 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I know... I guess I'm in a minority here but I'd have preferred a "bunch of stuff" approach to this location. That's what I was expecting based on the first few images. As it is, looks like I'm bricklinking half a dozen figures.

Maybe I’ll change my mind when I see the pictures of the interior and get confirmation on the Australian price. If the scenes can be disconnected into individual vignettes then it may change my mind. 

I don’t see why the cantina deserves the UCS treatment when the 2014 set was more than enough. They could’ve achieved a similar result with a fraction of the pieces. If this set was a full on mos eisley spaceport with a couple buildings and side builds like the speeder I think it would’ve been so much better. 

26 minutes ago, Redroe said:

As it is, looks like I'm bricklinking half a dozen figures.

I just built a Mos Eisley Cantina MOC last year and wouldn't want to spend 350€ on this one... How much do you reckon the prices for characters like Evazan, Baba, Garindan and the Devaronian will be? I'm kinda nervous that it'll be something like 20€/figure, in which case it would be more or less stupid not to buy the whole thing :D

Edited by thenudeorganist

I absolutely love the set, the amount of new figures is stunning, the design is amazing. My only gripe is that I would have very much preferred a molded bantha over another dewback