MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

My Wallet the fifth just passed away. I wish I could say peacefully but I would be a liar.

Either way the figures appear to be the following twenty-one:

1. Kardue'sai'malloc/labria = devil guy
2. Elis Helrot = next to devil guy
3. Dr Evazan
4. Ponda Baba
5. Kabe = the bat
6. Momaw Nadon = Hammerhead
7. Garindan = The spy with elephant face
8. Het Nkik? = Jawa
9. Wuher
10. Stormtrooper
11. Stormtrooper
12. Greedo
13. Han
14. Chewbacca
15. Luke
16. Obi Wan
17. C3po
18. R2D2
19. Bith
20. Bith
21. Bith

Love the many random aliens, finally some live in the cantina. However I'm kinda missing Muftak
and Wioslea. Muftak being the Talz partner in crime of Kabe. Muftak Kabe and Wiosla were the final characters I needed to complete my old Hasbro collection in Lego form. Oh well, I guess I just put Thi-Sen next to Kabe. And Wioslea was of course the one luke's landspeeder got sold to. Would've completed the scene imo.

Still probably one of the best figure selections for Star Wars in years. Only Obi Wan and 3po are due for an update.

Wow they absolutely nailed this set. The build for the Cantina is just perfect and I'm glad they went with a complete enclosed building rather than an open facade. Hopefully its not too long before pics of the interior show up.

Really happy with the minifigure selection as well. Its great to finally have Garindan but really wasn't expecting to see Labria or Elis Helrot as well! Its also nice to see the molded Dewback return.

That looks much better than I expected.  It's a complete, cohesive building with a couple of complete, cohesive side buildings to set the scene - not an Assault-on-Hoth-style jumble of builds that don't go together, nor a Betrayal-on-Bespin-style attempt to cram everything into a single structure at the expense of the quality of the vignettes.  I wish I could buy the landspeeder separately; big buildings aren't my thing but I'm a sucker for things that go.

Was secretly hoping they wouldn't include the main figures (Luke, C3PO, Obi-Wan, R2) as they come in sets this year that clearly look like they are meant to be combined with this set.  That would have been a wild move on there part, but would have allowed for more "alien" characters.  Very happy with it!

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Love the many random aliens, finally some live in the cantina. However I'm kinda missing Muftak
and Wioslea. Muftak being the Talz partner in crime of Kabe. Muftak Kabe and Wiosla were the final characters I needed to complete my old Hasbro collection in Lego form. Oh well, I guess I just put Thi-Sen next to Kabe. And Wioslea was of course the one luke's landspeeder got sold to. Would've completed the scene imo.

Still probably one of the best figure selections for Star Wars in years. Only Obi Wan and 3po are due for an update.

Muftak would've been nice. I don't think I'd trade any of the figures for him other than R2 and 3PO (maybe a band member because I already have some, but in the context of the set I think the band members make more sense), but he would be next on my list to add. Wioslea was never in the cards, though, LMAO. She wasn't even in the cantina, and while Garindan wasn't either, she's waaaaaay more obscure than he is.

I'm extremely pleased with this. The figure selection is great--my guess had been that we were probably going to get at best four out of Kabe, Muftak, Labria, Elias, Ponda, Evazan, Nadon, and Schous, so the six that we got has exceeded my expectations. And I really thought that all the folks in this thread hyping themselves up for Garindan were being ridiculously optimistic; I'm somewhat shocked that he's actually included. And, on top of that, this is more band members than anybody here predicted. We'll have to wait for clearer pictures to tell whether that's the same Wuher and Greedo from 2018, but I don't think anybody has good grounds to complain about the figures here even if they are.

The build looks solid, especially with the outbuildings. I can't tell whether it unfolds, like the last cantina, or whether the roof lifts off, but it looks like there should be a lot of space inside either way. I love the inclusion of the V-35 speeder. A+ for random stuff to add more detail to the universe. Can't wait to see the official photos.

Does anybody have any guesses what the blue hologram-looking thing next to the sandtroopers is? Looks kind of like the Leia piece from Obi-Wan's Hut, but I don't know why that'd be in this set.

Definitely looks better than I imagined, not quite good enough to get me down the path of UCS/MBS/ whatever they want to call these playsets. But close!

Now to wait for some UCS Vehicles next year!

Wow, just absolutely incredible and we haven't even seen the interior yet! The figure selection is perfect imo. I'm blown away. Man, now I'm hoping the spring wave of sets suck so I can save up for this...

On 8/6/2020 at 10:32 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

I don’t imagine this set looking very appealing, probably just a box that folds out. Will not be surprised if it ends up being a bunch of pods on hinges like the smaller versions they’ve already made. I wouldn’t put it past LEGO to forego putting a roof on the building just so there’s enough pieces to include another landspeeder.

I can’t believe I hit the nail on the head with this. It’s just a big beige box without a roof. Good to see Garindan, the return of the dewback and all the other alien figures... at least the landspeeder isn’t Luke’s again. Will not be surprised to see this set follow in the footsteps of Assault on Hoth and Cloud City, heavy discounts very early on and a quick retirement. 

Here's hoping Han gets the works on leg printing again.

I just noticed that the biths appear to have dual molded legs. Lego really knows which figures deserve the bells and whistles. Ep VII C-3PO's and Bith musicians, thats where we draw the line at cutting corners. :-D

Edited by Archer

This thing looks amazing :wub_drool: It’s so good to see the Dewback return too!  And looks like we finally know where a huge chunk of this year’s mould budget went :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Man, I thought I was a Star Wars fan until I started reading these comments. Never even heard half the names you guys are throwing out there! :-D But looks to be a pretty decent set. Excited to see what's inside! :-D

Edited by chris6507

Well, hopefully by the time I recover from buying DA, the WV set, Modular, and Ninjago Gardens...this set will still be around because I’d love to have it. It looks to be the complete package, minifigs & all. I call it complete despite it not having Luke’s Landspeeder because we have plenty of those already over the years. 

Edited by Vindicare

Looking closer I think the figure next to Labria might actually be Hrchek Kal Fas (Saurin) rather than Elis Helrot. The colors of the costume are a closer match to that character and the head looks to be using the Trandoshan piece in a new color.

Wooow, incredible! This is the real deal - a complete representation of what it's supposed to be, side builds and items that are fresh and/or relevant enough to not feel like they've cannibalized parts, and a huge range of minifigures including a good number of exclusives. That's the whole package!

I can't wait to see all of the finer details.

13 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I call it complete despite it not having Luke’s Landspeeder because we have plenty of those already over the years. 

And there's still one available right now if you want to buy it, LOL. It would've been pretty silly to have another one in the Cantina too. Which isn't at all to say that it was out of the question, but I'm certainly glad they went with something new.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I can’t believe I hit the nail on the head with this. It’s just a big beige box without a roof. Good to see Garindan, the return of the dewback and all the other alien figures... at least the landspeeder isn’t Luke’s again. Will not be surprised to see this set follow in the footsteps of Assault on Hoth and Cloud City, heavy discounts very early on and a quick retirement. 

It could be over $600 in Australia as well.

I like the look of it but I’m not really into collecting minifigs so this set doesn’t really appeal to me for the huge price it will be.

Edited by Paul11283652
Incorrect estimate.

Now THIS is what I call an Ultimate Collectors/Play Set. That looks excellent. We've got the main build plus some awesome side builds. I'm guessing the Cantina will fold out so you can get better access to the interior. 

54 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Man, I thought I was a Star Wars fan until I started reading these comments. Never even heard half the names you guys are throwing out there! :-D But looks to be a pretty decent set. Excited to see what's inside! :-D

Haha you know I spendera time googling descriptions of background characters from even Holiday Special. My aim is to have figures of every SW character ever on screeen (at least the movies)

24 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

It could be over $600 in Australia as well.

I like the look of it but I’m not really into collecting minifigs so this set doesn’t really appeal to me for the huge price it will be.

I’m guessing it’ll be $700. Cloud city was $500, the Death Star is currently $800, this one’s piece count falls exactly in the middle of the two. 

This one might be a Day 1 buy for me...I knew I was probably going to get it, but this solidified it.  

Gah, and I just spent an hour today going through a bunch of older sets making a "sell" pile to try to save some space.  One step forward, two steps back :laugh:

Edited by Kit Figsto

This set looks incredible :wub: I already like it more than Diagon Alley. The build itself is amazing, and 21 minifigures make it even better.

Wow, this looks really good! Of course it's not really the most exciting build exterior-wise but that's hardly LEGO's fault, at least it looks really accurate. The minifigure selection is perfect imo but with a pricetag of $350 this set is an easy pass for me :sceptic: