MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

37 minutes ago, STARHAWK said:

Why ? So far no good sets, except the clone wars one (because of minifigs). But Diagon Alley + Ninjago City expansion is already a possible attack on the budget. Will prioritize

The AT-AT is amazing, Final Duel and the IT-S are pretty good sets, and Grievous' starfighter looks really good too, it's just overpriced.  Plus, the Razor Crest, the helmets, mosaics, and Baby Yoda statue certainly have some appeal to them as well.

It turned out much better than I had expected. I'm probably not going to buy this, but I'm now very interested in how the set will look overall. I wonder if there will be a hanger bay for the falcon or other ships. 

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

The AT-AT is amazing, Final Duel and the IT-S are pretty good sets, and Grievous' starfighter looks really good too, it's just overpriced.  Plus, the Razor Crest, the helmets, mosaics, and Baby Yoda statue certainly have some appeal to them as well.

AT-AT - have some of the old ones, nothing new, still system scale, pass, have an close to UCS scale build for my Hoth MOC

Final Duel - have the old one, bought on sale - pass for the new one

IT-S - overpriced, i ignore ST, boriong figs, maybe BL some torsos if it will be chep on BL - easy pass

Grievouse SF - have the previous one with the Mon Cal jedi - that was a better set, easy pass

Razor Crest - just one interesting minifig + baby Yoda - will BL Greef Carga and baby Yoda or wait for them in a smaller set, have instructions for UCS Razor to build - pass due to uninteresting fig selection compared to the price

mosaics - super easy pass, just go to legostore and buy the PaB with the 1x1 round plates - the pieces that are extra free in each set they appear so in time u have a lot of them free

Baby Yoda statue - u can build him from the regular Yoda - there was even a free instruction set, but maybe ith some discount i will buy him in time, for now the plush one from Mattel is good for me

So maybe for a newb in SW collecting, its more difficult to pass. For a long term SW Lego fan - easy pass for a lot of sets. They are more companies fighting for my cash, ill pick the best for the money. Lego has to try harder.

Momaw Nadon!!! The leaked image looks pretty good. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it any time soon but if nothing else, I'll absolutely bricklink Momaw Nadon! I look forward to seeing the rest of the set, I like what I can see so far. It's cool to get that other landspeeder design, we've never gotten that in lego before. Kabe is a really nice inclusion too, definitely gives me high hopes for the rest of the figures.

Assuming its real it looks great so far. The small buildings are nicely done and the V-35 is a nice change from Luke's Landspeeder. Wasn't expecting Kabe but its cool they are able to pull it off using an existing piece.

34 minutes ago, STARHAWK said:

*snip*

So maybe for a newb in SW collecting, its more difficult to pass. For a long term SW Lego fan - easy pass for a lot of sets. They are more companies fighting for my cash, ill pick the best for the money. Lego has to try harder.

Not necessarily, is my point.  A lot of people, myself included, believe the AT-AT is the best system scale one we've had yet, and not everyone has a Grievous starfighter (the last remake was like a decade ago, I would hardly consider someone new at collecting if they don't have that), the Final Duel was 5 years ago, a lot of ST fans will buy the IT-S, and some may find it easier to just buy the mosaic outright rather than trying to piece it together from other methods, same for buying the Razor Crest/Yoda Statue rather than purchasing bricks and instructions to make my own.  Look, all I'm saying is that you may only like the couple of sets, but a lot of people feel like there's several sets worth buying this year.  

I mean, I had planned on just the AAT and possibly the Razor Crest, but Mos Eisley throws a huge wrench in that, especially since seeing the Razor Crest makes me more assured that I'd like to own it.

3 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Not necessarily, is my point.  A lot of people, myself included, believe the AT-AT is the best system scale one we've had yet, and not everyone has a Grievous starfighter (the last remake was like a decade ago, I would hardly consider someone new at collecting if they don't have that), the Final Duel was 5 years ago, a lot of ST fans will buy the IT-S, and some may find it easier to just buy the mosaic outright rather than trying to piece it together from other methods, same for buying the Razor Crest/Yoda Statue rather than purchasing bricks and instructions to make my own.  Look, all I'm saying is that you may only like the couple of sets, but a lot of people feel like there's several sets worth buying this year.  

I mean, I had planned on just the AAT and possibly the Razor Crest, but Mos Eisley throws a huge wrench in that, especially since seeing the Razor Crest makes me more assured that I'd like to own it.

I have to agree with Starhawk on this... LEGO needs to try harder to earn my dollars. As a long-term SW LEGO fan — the sort I believe Starhawk is referring to — there's not much urgency to the Fall 2020 wave. There's certainly no reason to buy any of it day 1, or at full retail price. More rehashes, barely-updated builds, massive price inflation, and a scant few new figs. The AT-AT is indeed an improved build, but it's far from perfect, and if you already own one or more of the 2014 model it's far cheaper to mod it than to buy this new one (especially at its ridiculous price). The biggest draw for me (aside from the excellent — but hard to come by — Bespin Duel set) is the new clone in the Ahsoka set, which unfortunately is single-packed, making it really expensive to mass up. I hate to be a perpetual downer, but the mainline System sets this year have been pretty lacking IMO.

I decided to number-crunch how Mos Eisley's figure selection will look and my current estimate list puts it at a satisfying range of 12~16.

6 in potential leaks. (Sandtrooper, Jawa, Momaw Nadon, Kabe, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan)

6 safe bets (Luke, Obi-Wan, Han, Chewbacca, R2-D2, and C-3PO) I was hesitant to include the droids before the leaks showed this was in the streets.

that are not as safe, but I doubt would be excluded as they already exist in Lego (Wuher and Greedo)

2 are figures that could easily be duplicated (Sandtrooper and Jawa)

That means if all of those above are in it, Mos Eisley would be two short of matching BACC's 18.

The thing is, I personally feel this is a better set of figures than BACC just due to getting better new characters (Compare Ponda to Cloud Car Pilot or Kabe to the brown whiskered Ugnaught). I will however concede that BACC will for sure have better versions of existing characters (Compare Tatooine Luke who is widespread in modern Star Wars to Bespin Luke).

Interpret this breakdown however you want, but I expect the set to just be these figures. Would love to be wrong though.

27 minutes ago, LurkingEhlek said:

I decided to number-crunch how Mos Eisley's figure selection will look and my current estimate list puts it at a satisfying range of 12~16.

6 in potential leaks. (Sandtrooper, Jawa, Momaw Nadon, Kabe, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan)

6 safe bets (Luke, Obi-Wan, Han, Chewbacca, R2-D2, and C-3PO) I was hesitant to include the droids before the leaks showed this was in the streets.

that are not as safe, but I doubt would be excluded as they already exist in Lego (Wuher and Greedo)

That means if all of those above are in it, Mos Eisley would be two short of matching BACC's 18.

The thing is, I personally feel this is a better set of figures than BACC just due to getting better new characters (Compare Ponda to Cloud Car Pilot or Kabe to the brown whiskered Ugnaught). I will however concede that BACC will for sure have better versions of existing characters (Compare Tatooine Luke who is widespread in modern Star Wars to Bespin Luke).

Interpret this breakdown however you want, but I expect the set to just be these figures. Would love to be wrong though.

Might add 2 or 3 Bith musicians for the not-safe-but-doubt-they'd-be-excluded category.

25 minutes ago, LurkingEhlek said:

I think you have to kick Greedo up to a safe bet--there's no way in hell they release a Cantina without Greedo. They'd have bumped any of the other patrons before him, like they've done in every previous Cantina set. I also think that at least one Bith band member is a pretty good bet, certainly more so than a second Jawa. They just made a new head mold for the Bith not that long ago, and it'd be an odd choice not to include them.

That said, it probably doesn't make a lot of sense to speculate about figures right now, given that the actual list will very likely be out within a handful of days at most. :laugh:

7 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

You know what, I think its time for americans to riot over the forum name. And in the near future it will be known as TFFKAEB

Like TSFKATRC? :laugh:

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I agree, especially Kabe is a weird choice and I dont think that looks properly executed, I think lego would have made a new mold for him, Joining the doubting camp

I'm not so sure either. If it is real, it looks great, but there aren't any new molds, and the prints aren't in focus enough to see if they're new or not.

39 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Might add 2 or 3 Bith musicians for the not-safe-but-doubt-they'd-be-excluded category.

That's proof I was too sleep deprived to remember the most iconic part of the scene.

Either way that just makes my bottom line that the figure slots are pretty well filled out more solidified.

Edited by LurkingEhlek

If the pic is real I think the fact that Kabe is included is a good example of why it's hard to speculate on the last few figs. I doubt he was on many peoples lists to begin with, or at least in the unlikely category. Not requiring a new mold does increase the chances for figs though.

I'll be happy if we get maybe 2 more as yet unseen patrons for the bar. I've got the 2014 set so I'm probably biased in only wanting 2 Biths.

1 hour ago, LurkingEhlek said:

I was looking the photo much more zoomed in - there's a gap between the two structures in the foreground, and it looks like a white splotch between them with some orange.  It might be a Sandtrooper with orange shoulder pauldron.  2 Sandtroopers was probably a given anyway, but that definitely looks like there is a second one in the background of this photo.

My hunch is that if they wanted to throw us a bone and give us one more new mold, Garindan seems the most likely, especially since it seems confirmed that it isn't just the cantina, but rather a Mos Eisley scene.  I definitely hope that we get the 12 safe bets/confirmed ones that you mentioned, Greedo, Wuher, the additional Sandtrooper, 3 Bith (making 18) and if we're really lucky maybe 2-3 more figures.  I mostly just want to be able to populate the Cantina, and I'd love some more of the classic favorite aliens, especially one like Snaggletooth or the Duros spacers, since they could be done without new molds.  

It's tough, since many of the people buying this set are going to already have an R2-D2, already have a C-3PO, Tatooine Luke, etc, but they are pretty much obligated to include those figures, so a couple of slots that we'd rather be used on new figures have to get used on the main characters.  That was one good thing about Cloud City, like you mentioned - pretty much all of the repeat characters were with new outfits or had something updated (ie: Han's dual molded boots). 

Edited by Kit Figsto

That was fast...I'm glad we're getting 3 Modal Nodes! And Wuher makes an appearance. That looks like Garindan next to the troopers, right? And does anyone know who the two on the right are, above the stormtroopers? 

4 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

That was fast...I'm glad we're getting 3 Modal Nodes! And Wuher makes an appearance. That looks like Garindan next to the troopers, right? And does anyone know who the two on the right are, above the stormtroopers? 

It looks like the guy that looks like a Devil, the guy besides him is greenish; could be the new alien added with the blue ray edition?

And yeah it's Garindan!

I'm counting 21 mini-figs. 

Edited by RetroInferno

5 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

It looks like the guy that looks like a Devil, the guy besides him is greenish; could be the new alien added with the blue ray edition?

And yeah it's Garindan!

I'm counting 21 mini-figs. 

Could that guy next to the devil be Elis Helrot? (deep cut, but the outfit seems kinda similar and the face is quite pale)

I think the fig next to the devil guy is one of the Bossk-like guys they were kind of whitish

3 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

Could that guy next to the devil be Elis Helrot? (deep cut, but the outfit seems kinda similar and the face is quite pale)

Yeahhh the outfit and colors seems to really match; nice eye. 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think the fig next to the devil guy is one of the Bossk-like guys they were kind of whitish

Saurins maybe? 

7 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Is the piece count 3787 or 3187 or something else?

I just extracted the image from IG and it looks like 3187 to me! 

8 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Yeahhh the outfit and colors seems to really match; nice eye. 

Saurins maybe? 

I can't take credit for it, that was my friend who guessed it ? And looking at the slightly higher quality image, it does look a little more like a Saurin