MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 8/31/2020 at 10:39 PM, Azani said:

I would personally applaud your call to buy 75222 CC over 75912 and 75252, but that is a matter of personal taste and nostalgia, as 10123 was one of the earliest "big gift" kits that I can remember building with friends of mine as a child. And I haven't touched anything that jumps from what Lucasfilm would call "G Canon" (the films and the TV series), but I do see some nice kits from a design and PpP perspective amongst the waves for Rebels that we got through 2017.

I would concur; TLG corporate is doing an excellent job of scaring off leakers in general, particularly regarding its oldest IP. Infuriating but certainly wise.

Well Im a more of a player than a model (lol) so it makes sense. I have bought al larger playsets so far. But I would also say that something happens to the room you placing the model in and wallet you take the money from when you need to buy a 600+ sets, it feels what it feels ;). Its actually more than most flight tickets (I try to travel alot, that it my other main hobby besides avoiding to be sober in various ways).

Yeah, but still pretty strange that they manage it so well, but I guess what they do is that the just "strangle the flow of information" (that's the direct translation from Swedish, don't know how you express that in english) in a very early stage so even few people at TLG know what they are releasing. 

40 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

I think it’s probably a real picture. Anybody else notice what might be a dirt print on the new style stormtrooper helmet to the right?

We've had dirt printing on the new piece. In the 2019 Dewback/ Escape Pod microfighter set.

I wasn’t really so interested in this set until now, but that picture changed my mind! It looks beautiful and very detailed. I do not see any mid-scale Falcon, and I hope there isn’t one. Other sets which many might own (like Luke’s landspeeder,  the minifig-scale Falcon, or the Sandcrawler) can be easiliy displayed with this set for an even more complete look. Look forward to see the official pictures.

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

We've had dirt printing on the new piece. In the 2019 Dewback/ Escape Pod microfighter set.

The leg print and helmet dirt print look different than the 2019 Sandtrooper Captain.

That looks great! Wasn't sold on the whole cantina idea as a big playset, but with a few more buildings... yeah that could work.

Looks pretty legit to me, if that's a fake is well done.

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Poor from Lego either way in all honesty. It’s a very nice set that all collectors would want particularly because it’s an iconic scene.

Aw, to be honest they probably did the only thing they could having a small pile sat in a US warehouse for an event that never happened.

And frankly if someone gave me an exclusive set I wouldn't complain either.

Not sure if I am seeing a different pic to everyone else, I can't see a green haze or a speeder of any sort but what I see has me giddy. I am a sucker for those types of builds. Hopefully it's out for 9th Oct because that is one of the only two days of the year my wife can't object to me getting myself a big expensive present. :moar:

13 minutes ago, azanderk said:

The leg print and helmet dirt print look different than the 2019 Sandtrooper Captain.

It's quite possibly different printing. I guess I miss-interpreted the comment as saying we've never gotten that part with the dirt print.

I have to say as a minifig collector I have always felt like lego has done me dirty (No pun intended) when it comes to Sandtroopers. There was a brief moment where all three variations matched, summer 2018-winter 2018, then they remolded the helmet.

Edited by Archer

23 minutes ago, Archer said:

Oh I didn't even know that! It's that print then, I don't care for the microfighters so that's why I didn't know.

Looks pretty legit to me. I really need to save up some more money now. Might have to get 2 of the sets.

I'm extremely skeptical. That's someone's MOC that they've put the SW art on top of. Have we ever gotten a leak of a product photo like that? And why would the product photo have the set separated by that much space? That would be a really weird photo for Lego to shoot in the first place or leak in the second.

1 minute ago, autolycus said:

I'm extremely skeptical. That's someone's MOC that they've put the SW art on top of. Have we ever gotten a leak of a product photo like that? And why would the product photo have the set separated by that much space? That would be a really weird photo for Lego to shoot in the first place or leak in the second.

It looks like one of those HD pictures you find in the product page on the LEGO shop. The last few pics in the Diagon Alley page are kind of like glamour shots that showcase it in a fancy room.

IMO, if this is real, I'd hope for official pics or more leaks very soon. Usually the first leaks we get are of boxes, stickers, minifigures or instruction manuals that have been found in the wild or taken from factories. This looks like a picture that would come with an official HD reveal. The question is... where is this coming from?

I'm inclined to think it's legitimate - the background is very similar to the style used in other LEGO adverts.

If so, I'm very impressed and it could be the first SW set I've ordered in quite a while!

Apparently, the user who first posted the picture to the legoleaks hashtag says that it came from the official LEGO Instagram page itself, but it was deleted. He received a notification from Instagram saying the official LEGO page posted something, so maybe that's how he managed to snag the pic so quickly.

If that's true, could a teaser be coming very soon?

It seems strange that he'd be the only one claiming this. Wouldn't a lot more people have been able to see the Instagram post by LEGO before it got deleted, if they receive notifications?

Specifically, this looks just like the close-up shots of the model that've been included in the first section of the instruction manuals of UCS sets for the last couple of years. I looked through a couple manuals earlier to see if they'd used that exact table and background before, and I don't think they have; but it doesn't look like they've ever used the same table and backdrop twice, so that doesn't mean much. I agree that this is an unusual image to get as the first reveal, but I'm also inclined to think it's legit.

2 hours ago, LurkingEhlek said:

The thing that makes me hesitant is both Kabe and Mowmad Nadon would be pretty easy to do customs of. On the other hand, they would also be easy for Lego to include in a set. I'm in the firm maybe real camp.

I agree, especially Kabe is a weird choice and I dont think that looks properly executed, I think lego would have made a new mold for him, Joining the doubting camp

I'll take this with a grain of salt but if it's real I must admit it looks much better than I expected. Still not planning on buying it though, especially considering I just started building Diagon Alley :tongue:

My excitement levels are now through the roof! This set has been #1 on my most-wanted list for a very, very long time. :classic:

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The new sales report is up and SW is still among the top 6 best-selling themes: https://www.brickfanatics.com/first-half-of-2020-sees-the-lego-groups-sales-and-profits-grow/

(Just for the doomsayers claiming that LSW is dead :tongue:)

Cool! I was surprised that Ninjago and Minecraft didnt make it to the list. I guess especially Minecraft might have been a more temporary rocket like Pokemon Go that comes and goes, but Star Wars has been a steady winner now for decades. :classic:

Edited by Samppu

As expected, Mos Eilsey has a landspeeder :hmpf:

Will wait for official photos but this is going to be an easy pass. Maybe if I find it on sale. Rerelease the imperial shuttle you cowards!

5 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Will wait for official photos but this is going to be an easy pass. Maybe if I find it on sale. Rerelease the imperial shuttle you cowards!

Where did you see that? There is a moc pic on instagram if that's what you're referring to 

3 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

This is gonna be a pricey year for star wars lego fans isn't it?

My poor wallet is screaming in pain ):

Why ? So far no good sets, except the clone wars one (because of minifigs). But Diagon Alley + Ninjago City expansion is already a possible attack on the budget. Will prioritize

If the leak is legit, not so impressed so far by the Cantina set. Kabe (Chadra-Fan) and an Ithorian are nice but a bit lazy - especialy Kabe - did this already from the exiting parts. So far only 1 new molded alien - Ponda.

Hope this is not another fiasco as the Hoth UCS set that was just a big overpriced compilation of Hoth sets.

V-35 is a nice change for speeder. I hope for more new molds, a Bantha, maybe a Dewback again (no need for me as i have like 6 already)

17 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Where did you see that? There is a moc pic on instagram if that's what you're referring to 

In the left corner of the leaked picture with buildings. In white color. The mocs are Black and Tan..

25 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Thats ok as long as its not the Lukes Landspeeder (X-34) with still incorrect windshield. The new one seems to be V-35 which is nice. Wonder how good it will be, if it will be better than the MOC and if it will use a new windshield piece.