MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, lomis said:

Odd. When did you order? My order date was back in February and the LEGO representative said that they simply cannot charge against PayPal that far back.

That's probably true.  It can be difficult dealing with paypal & their timing requirements, especially for pre-orders and refunds.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The new sales report is up and SW is still among the top 6 best-selling themes: https://www.brickfanatics.com/first-half-of-2020-sees-the-lego-groups-sales-and-profits-grow/

(Just for the doomsayers claiming that LSW is dead :tongue:)

I would say it's "a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one", although I think many of us suspected this. :grin:

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

This is just revenge because we got TFA 24 hours before the yanks did. :jollyroger:

Seriously however it does stink a bit that you can buy the thing on shop at home on one side of the pond but not the other.

I'm glad for our USA counterparts to be clear. No bitterness here. 

It's actually phase 2 of the american revolution, we've been planning this for centuries. :laugh:

I totally get it though, I'd be pretty annoyed if it was only available in the UK. At least there isn't much exclusive to the set.

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would say it's "a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one", although I think many of us suspected this. :grin:

It's actually phase 2 of the american revolution, we've been planning this for centuries. :laugh:

I totally get it though, I'd be pretty annoyed if it was only available in the UK. At least there isn't much exclusive to the set.

Maybe with the extra revenue they can make more Bespin Duel sets and distribute them over the rest of the world. ?

Edited by Robi-wan
Typo

The US fans are fuming when sets are released a month later but when other countries, not including themselves, are excluded from sets altogether they are silent. 

Oh I love it.

Poor from Lego either way in all honesty. It’s a very nice set that all collectors would want particularly because it’s an iconic scene.

Edited by ArrowBricks

2 hours ago, lomis said:

Odd. When did you order? My order date was back in February and the LEGO representative said that they simply cannot charge against PayPal that far back.

I ordered on 1 May, it's been delivered no problem and payment has been processed by PayPal.

Just chatted with someone from Lego. They say my Razorcrest hasn't shipped due to COVID regulations slowing the whole process down. But he said my order was in the batch next up to be processed and said it should be shipped by the end of the week. Kind of crummy since I pre-ordered and don't even get the set before anyone who showed up at a store in person yesterday.

Just got notified that my US pre-order Razor Crest has shipped so I imagine yours won't be far behind.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

The US fans are fuming when sets are released a month later but when other countries, not including themselves, are excluded from sets altogether they are silent. 

Oh I love it.

Poor from Lego either way in all honesty. It’s a very nice set that all collectors would want particularly because it’s an iconic scene.

It was meant to be a San Diego Comic Con item so fact is that if not for Covid 19, the vast majority of US fans wouldn't have had a shot at it either.

29 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

Just got notified that my US pre-order Razor Crest has shipped so I imagine yours won't be far behind.

It was meant to be a San Diego Comic Con item so fact is that if not for Covid 19, the vast majority of US fans wouldn't have had a shot at it either.

I'm surprised that there isn't a way (or an inclination) to sell these to those who had tickets to the various cons etc.

2 hours ago, Robi-wan said:

Maybe with the extra revenue they can make more Bespin Duel sets and distribute them over the rest of the world. ?

Hahaha yes

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Oh I love it.

Really, I see a fair amount of (justified) complaints from people that they can't get ahold of the set...

Don't act like the US people are the only ones who complain about stuff like this. 

There's a picture going around in the usual place, supposedly of the Mos Eisley UCS.
I'd take it with a grain of salt 'cause it only focuses on one building and the rest is seen way in the background, very blurred.
Everything can easily be MOC'ed, but I'll leave that for the experts to judge and verify :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

4 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

There's a picture going around in the usual place, supposedly of the Mos Eisley UCS.
I'd take it with a grain of salt 'cause it only focuses on one building and the rest is seen way in the background, very blurred.
Everything can easily be MOC'ed, but I'll leave that for the experts to judge and verify :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

Looks good, I believe it

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This looks fantastic, I can already tell it's going to be an amazing set!

Also, is that Luke's Landspeeder in background? I hope it's not :laugh_hard:

Kinda hard to make out, but the general shape looks more like the V-35 Courier than lukes speeder. I really hope thats the case anyway!

1 hour ago, Friscorays said:

Just received my Razor Crest here in the US Midwest and it has the “Razor Crest” name on the box! So excited for that.

Leaked picture looks nice, lots of salt required indeed, wish I knew more about the universe to recognize anything in the foreground beyond that there is an Ithorian

Edited by BaalTheBuilder

The leak looks good, almost like a MOC in terms of build quality - that landspeeder in the background does indeed appear to be the V-35 which is an awesome inclusion. So so far figs appear to be at least one sandtrooper, an ithorian and the man-bat, along with Baba and Evazan.

I wasn't all too excited about this set but this picture has really piqued my interest, I have to say.

I agree, could be V-35 which puts my next moc on hold. I planned to design/build one for my tatooine build and the leaked photos could fit in well with my buildings (see TAT01, 02 and 03 on rebrickable for a shameless plug).

Is the manbat wearing Ezra's top?

10 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The leak looks good, almost like a MOC in terms of build quality - that landspeeder in the background does indeed appear to be the V-35 which is an awesome inclusion. So so far figs appear to be at least one sandtrooper, an ithorian and the man-bat, along with Baba and Evazan.

I wasn't all too excited about this set but this picture has really piqued my interest, I have to say.

There's a Jawa in that photo by the Ithorian, but that's not unpredictable.  There also looks to be another Sandtrooper or two behind the two buildings.

Edited by azanderk

Where's the leak coming from? Is it real?

I'm curious to see the interior. So far, it looks exactly like what you'd expect a UCS Cantina to look like...

There are a few builds that are separate from each other, but nothing indicating that it'll be as bad as AoH.

The thing that makes me hesitant is both Kabe and Mowmad Nadon would be pretty easy to do customs of. On the other hand, they would also be easy for Lego to include in a set. I'm in the firm maybe real camp.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hahaha yes

Really, I see a fair amount of (justified) complaints from people that they can't get ahold of the set...

Don't act like the US people are the only ones who complain about stuff like this. 

You know what, I think its time for americans to riot over the forum name. And in the near future it will be known as TFFKAEB

That looks legitimate to me, the way that the photo is taken and the background around it looks like one of LEGO's UCS-type promo photos.  Of the section we can see, the structure on the left looks like it's either based on the door to the cantina or possibly the street where R2-D2 and C-3PO are hiding, while the part on the right seems to be some sort of market stall.  Definitely excited that the landspeeder is the white one as opposed to Luke's, and I'm super stoked that we're getting Kabe and Momaw Nadon, especially since we already had the molds - there was no reason not to include them.  The large building in the background did look like the cantina, but I'm assuming there's more to it than just what we see here, since that doesn't look like $350 worth of set to me.

I also noticed the building on the left has clips to expand. Also there is a green haze above the building but in front of what I suspect is the cantina - dewback?

Just pulled out my obi wans hut to compare the build styles and The build styles look to be consistent. Same dome and tiles on the roof and use of sloped pieces on the corners of the buildings. I think it’s probably a real picture. Anybody else notice what might be a dirt print on the new style stormtrooper helmet to the right?

An Instagram user (I think he was the first one to post the pic on legoleaks) claims that the place he got the picture from mentions the release date being on the 16th of September for VIPs.

Last year, the UCS Star Destroyer was released for VIPs on the 18th, the third Wednesday of September, and revealed on the 5th - the first Thursday.