MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Have your TSFKATRC s@h pre-orders been dispatched yet? For mine, it still says „contact customer service“. This has happened for other pre-orders as well like the Mario starter pack (due to some Paypal shenanigans), but in those cases, no further action was necessary :shrug_oh_well: 

Mine still says "In Warehouse." Though they charged my credit card last Fri. So I was hoping for an early shipping date. But no luck.

4 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

I want to get one big set before I go to uni - should I get the Razor Crest or AT-AT? Empire is my favourite film but I did like the Mandalorian. Seeing the reviews now I'm more inclined towards the AT-AT. What I'm worried about is a scenario like the Ghost, big ship that only gets made once

I'm in the same position, and I'm going with the Razor Crest. Like you said, it's possible that it will only be made once. That, and being Amazon exclusive and a very desirable set in general for a lot of people (already on backorder on Amazon UK), I doubt it will see discounts as much as the AT-AT. 

16 minutes ago, Willsy said:

I'm in the same position, and I'm going with the Razor Crest. Like you said, it's possible that it will only be made once. That, and being Amazon exclusive and a very desirable set in general for a lot of people (already on backorder on Amazon UK), I doubt it will see discounts as much as the AT-AT. 

Darth Vader's Castle, another Amazon exclusive, reached up to 40% off so I wouldn't just assume the Crest won't get any

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Darth Vader's Castle, another Amazon exclusive, reached up to 40% off so I wouldn't just assume the Crest won't get any

Also, big-megablocks walkers seem to hold their value exceptionally well. I'd guess the RC will see a sizeable discount but not before you go to Uni! AT AT maybe not so much.

I can't advise as I don't own either set but if someone straight up asked me which I wanted, I'd choose the AT AT despite having the 2010 one sat on the shelf.

Lol just realised I somehow misspelled megablocks as megablocks. Is there a built in filter on here?

Edited by Redroe

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I remember, but the source material for that set was relatively lesser-known. The Crest is a very recognisable ship for people who like the show, and has the draw of including The Child (even if the cheaper option of the buildable Child exists as well). That's not to say it won't be discounted, but I think it will take longer and the discounts won't be as large as Vader's castle. 

4 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

I want to get one big set before I go to uni - should I get the Razor Crest or AT-AT? Empire is my favourite film but I did like the Mandalorian. Seeing the reviews now I'm more inclined towards the AT-AT. What I'm worried about is a scenario like the Ghost, big ship that only gets made once

Definitely AT-AT. It is overpriced and doesn’t quite feel worth the cost when you build but it just looks so good. One of the rare sets that you can almost forget is actually made from Lego but just enough to remind you and appreciate the design the longer you look at it. I like 75292 but to me it’s just Lego in the shape of the Razorcrest.

Just built the Razor Crest... really don’t get the complaints now. The build was really fun, there’s lots of play features, decent figures and a good selection of parts. “There’s too much space!!!” is a ridiculous complaint, it’s a transport ship and all of that space is empty in the TV show anyway. Definitely my favourite set of the year. 

My only complaint is the figures... and it’s not about Mando. I don’t care that he doesn’t have the beskar, and quite frankly I prefer it this way. There’ll be plenty of other chances to get that figure, this figure has only been in the AT-ST which is really hard to find here in Australia. I haven’t seen it in a single store since it’s initial release, nobody has restocked it. I wish it had included a second scout trooper, especially since this is only the second time the new helmet mould has appeared. It might have been good to see two death troopers instead. Cara Dune should also have been in this set. If not Cara, maybe Toro Calican. I don’t get why a $200 set only has 3 proper minifigures when a $50 ninjago set can have 9. Maybe adding extra named characters ups the licensing costs, paying royalties to the actors, but I don’t see why adding in a second anonymous trooper is too much to ask for. I also would’ve liked to see the Han in Carbonite piece be used for the bounties instead of the 1x2x5 bricks with stickers. Designing a new print for the Han piece would’ve been enough to make it look like a different person. 

I definitely recommend the razor crest to anyone thinking about getting it.

Edited by Brikkyy13

Not sure how having too much interior space is a bad thing when many sets are often criticized for not having nearly enough.

6 minutes ago, wesker said:

Not sure how having too much interior space is a bad thing when many sets are often criticized for not having nearly enough.

Someone please jump on me if I speak rubbish, but is the problem with the RC that the space isn't all that usable, being partially hidden under wings, engines, escape capsules, etc? 

The big opening sides are good, but they do give the thing a bare-bones look that doesn't lend itself to play I think. 

Having said that, just having an opening top would hardly give good access either. Maybe i need to buy it and find out.

27 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Someone please jump on me if I speak rubbish, but is the problem with the RC that the space isn't all that usable, being partially hidden under wings, engines, escape capsules, etc? 

The big opening sides are good, but they do give the thing a bare-bones look that doesn't lend itself to play I think. 

Having said that, just having an opening top would hardly give good access either. Maybe i need to buy it and find out.

I think the problem (some) people are having with it is that it's just a big empty hollow space. And while it is a refreshing change to actually have usable space in the interior of a set, this is a case where the usable space might actually have been used. In the show, there are lots of interior details that could have been translated to this set... the open carbon freeze chamber... the weapons locker... the toilet... netting to create a separate pen for the blurrgs... etc. This seems like a case where a better balance could have been struck between those sorts of details and the flexibility of a completely open space. (Maybe a few of these details could be built into the one of the side panels, and the ship only opened from the other side, for instance.)

The good news? There is plenty of space for you to add these details yourselves!

10 hours ago, Redroe said:

The most violent SW product is the nominally child-centred Clone Wars in which people are regularly tortured, occasionally to death, but presumably because that's an animated show and less gruesome they get away with it?

Yes, but that wasn't really my point, more so that the fallen order game was far less violent than more mainstream SW stuff like the films.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Mine still says "In Warehouse." Though they charged my credit card last Fri. So I was hoping for an early shipping date. But no luck.

I haven't been charged yet, I'm worried about my order...

30 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The good news? There is plenty of space for you to add these details yourselves!

^this.
I'll always prefer to have a transport with empty space than a set that SHOULD be a transport without any space. Easier to add in details than to completely redesign a set.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

good news? There is plenty of space for you to add these details yourselves

Oh yes and if I ever get the set I certainly will. But if I was a 12 year old without 20 years of parts to leech off, it would be better to have something to inspire a bit of imaginative play. Then again.... if I was 12 I probably wouldn't care. 

I got the original AT-AT when I was 12 and I remember immediately adding a large plate inside so that I had a whole second layer of sitting room. I probably used all of 5 pieces for the mod, but it got the job done.

42 minutes ago, Archer said:

I got the original AT-AT when I was 12 and I remember immediately adding a large plate inside so that I had a whole second layer of sitting room. I probably used all of 5 pieces for the mod, but it got the job done.

I got the 2010 one when i was 19 and found out that not only did you have to slide figures in on a flat plate as there was no access, they had to be sitting down. Pathetic. The new one wipes the floor with it.

Just thoroughly enjoyed putting together the AAT. Straightforward but enjoyable build, some nice pieces, quite smooth and sizeable. I much prefer it to the 2009 one. The exaggerated proportions are charming rather than chibi. Only real gripe I have is the turret is far too wide. 

Ahsoka is good, but I find myself wanting to switch out the head onto the old orange boob-tube torso. The new one looked good on the show but the lego translation is a bit Avengers Black Widow-y with its silver hex pattern. Pleased to see the white print on the head is very solid and opaque.

Clone helmet still far too tall but good printing. Funnily the grey printed shaded area makes it look as though the physical recess doesn't exist and it's just a flat surface. 

Looking forward to my 501st packs whenever they arrive - will be a pleasant surprise when they do.

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I wish it had included a second scout trooper, especially since this is only the second time the new helmet mould has appeared.

This was part of the reason I bought the Endor battle set, as I wanted two of them and was planning on getting TSFKATRC when it came out. I think the dual-molded helmet might bump up the price of that figure a bit, although I guess the stormtrooper helmets are no different. It's a shame there aren't more of them, I think it's the best figure LEGO have put out in years.

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

Just thoroughly enjoyed putting together the AAT. Straightforward but enjoyable build, some nice pieces, quite smooth and sizeable. I much prefer it to the 2009 one. The exaggerated proportions are charming rather than chibi. Only real gripe I have is the turret is far too wide. 

Looking forward to my 501st packs whenever they arrive - will be a pleasant surprise when they do.

I just got mine too!

Great set, I love the ahsoka figure, very detailed and looks great. 332nd trooper is great too, although I think the ahsoka "face" print on the helmet needs to be a bit more red.

Looking at the CW model against the build, it's pretty accurate aside from a few coloring issues, and...that turret.

God, what were they thinking? It's easily longer than rest of the tank, although luckily is easy enough to fix.

Not so much an actual lego set, but just seen on Instagram that Target are doing lego baby yoda plushies!! And it's too cute! Like whyyyyyyyyyyy tease me?! Why does target get the good exclusives?? :cry_sad: How are we mere plebs in the uk meant to get our hands on one of those beauties!! :(

10 minutes ago, samsz_3 said:

Does anyone know when the Bespin Duel releases in the UK?

It won‘t. The Bespin Duel set was intended to be a convention exclusive and was thus produced in limited capacity. It‘s only available in the US :sceptic:

20 hours ago, lomis said:

I needed to contact LEGO via phone to update payment information as I was told PayPal could not be used for pre-orders since they only charge you when a product ships. And since they are backed up, I was on hold for over 30 minutes waiting for a representative. Who knows why they accept PayPal for pre-orders or why there isn't another way to update your payment info online.

I called them on Saturday. Today, it states that the label has been created and that the package should arrive tomorrow.

That's strange, no issues with mine at all being paid via paypal and it's being delivered today.

14 minutes ago, HothFan1987 said:

That's strange, no issues with mine at all being paid via paypal and it's being delivered today.

I had the 'contact customer services' email on Friday for my RC/TMBHT, spent 40 minutes waiting to speak to the representative and got the same paypal pre-authorisation line.  Seemed all sorted and the email follow up stated the same, the order changed then to 'in warehouse'.  Today however its gone back to the status of 'contact customer services'.....awaiting a reply to the case email.  If yours has arrived then bless the stars.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It won‘t. The Bespin Duel set was intended to be a convention exclusive and was thus produced in limited capacity. It‘s only available in the US :sceptic:

This is just revenge because we got TFA 24 hours before the yanks did. :jollyroger:

Seriously however it does stink a bit that you can buy the thing on shop at home on one side of the pond but not the other.

I'm glad for our USA counterparts to be clear. No bitterness here. 

3 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

Odd. When did you order? My order date was back in February and the LEGO representative said that they simply cannot charge against PayPal that far back.