MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 hours ago, Redroe said:

I only just managed not to fall hook-line-and-sinker for the Knights of Ren

I did... Luckily I got the x-wing & sith fighter sets cheap second hand on eBay (£45 & £40 Inc postage iirc). I've displayed them for a bit and my son swooshed the x-wing for a few days, but they're now bagged up ready to relist on a £1 eBay sales weekend...

I wasn't bothered about the razor crest when first announced, but then after watching the show the Lego set grew on me. Still might not get it though.

Baby Yoda does look good too.

This set looks absolutely fantastic! This is definitely the best buildable character (or a droid / animal) yet. 

Both head and his whole torso look amazing, I love that this time he's much sleeker, opposing to 2019 Yoda that was covered in studs. 

If I find it on a good discount (not that it's not worth 80€), I might even buy it. It will look great on display.

15 hours ago, jpipes7261 said:

The Razor Crest is no longer listed on lego atm.

I just checked and you are right! Thats very strange. Could this mean it was only available via pre-order and now won't be sold? It isn't event listed as sold-out. Its actually error 404 when you go to the original page. This could also be because of the renaming the ship because of that copyright issue. Amazon still has it up for pre-order though.

Edited by HutchProDucktions

14 hours ago, HutchProDucktions said:

I just checked and you are right! Thats very strange. Could this mean it was only available via pre-order and now won't be sold? It isn't event listed as sold-out. Its actually error 404 when you go to the original page. This could also be because of the renaming the ship because of that copyright issue. Amazon still has it up for pre-order though.

Brickset article covers this off - https://brickset.com/article/53520/75292-razor-crest-renamed-following-trademark-issue - it should be back up under the revised name in the EU (its back in the UK S&H under the new name and available to buy from 1st Sept). 

I hope the renaming of the Razor Crest set can be resolved so we can get a UCS of the ship in the near future. It would look odd with “mandalorian bounty hunter transport ship” written on the plaque!

I was sold on the Razor Crest but now that I've seen that review I'm glad I didn't preorder it, the pictures look way better than the actual model itself. Unless this set gets a huge discount sometime in the future there's no way I'm getting it, I'll just get the Child statue. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was sold on the Razor Crest but now that I've seen that review I'm glad I didn't preorder it, the pictures look way better than the actual model itself. Unless this set gets a huge discount sometime in the future there's no way I'm getting it, I'll just get the Child statue. 

The razor crest should be quite an easy one to MOC. It's got quite simple geometry. The only hard to get bits are the quarter-dome cockpit pieces in trans... they're extortionate on bricklink. Then all one needs is Mando himself and the Child which should now be easier to lay hands on. 

Can anyone spill on which sets are code-unlockable for LSW: TSS? I know Razor Crest seems to make a big deal of it, but I'll be annoyed if certain main-saga ships (Grievous' starfighter, for example) aren't available in the game off the shelf.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:32 PM, Redroe said:

Was so busy gawping at the brick built child that I failed to spot the tiny one was included. Hopefully - hopefully - that drives the price down a fraction on the aftermarket, because much as the Razor Crest looks good I am going to resist buying it for all I'm worth. I don't need to open another new avenue of expenditure on SW lego... I only just managed not to fall hook-line-and-sinker for the Knights of Ren.

Well of u are a person who dont buy single minifigs by principle, u avoided a vist but just the minifigures have costed me less than 100 euros, which aint that bad (even if I think it should have be cheaper compared to the total set cost, but it is what it is)

26 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well of u are a person who dont buy single minifigs by principle, u avoided a vist but just the minifigures have costed me less than 100 euros, which aint that bad (even if I think it should have be cheaper compared to the total set cost, but it is what it is)

Ah, I am a confirned minifig buyer, I'll go hunting for figs and pieces of figs all day long. It's how I have carried on the hobby now that I have a family and less personal space/time, and avoided buying large expensive sets (cloud city is the prime example). The reason I resisted the Knights was because I was so disappointed in the sequels. I bought all the TLJ sets (on sale) before seeing the movie, then saw the movie and it really soured my opinion of the sets. I liked the new Kylo's Shuttle set, and liked the look of the Knights figures but I didn't want to get stung again so to this day I haven't bought a TROS set. My TLJ and most TFA sets are going on sale when I find time. And much as I liked Mandalorian, i didn't love it, and these days I really need to love the source material if I am going to make a large investment in it... like Ahsoka from season 7, and the 501st.

Sorry for the essay there, my inner angry fan got control. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

Can anyone spill on which sets are code-unlockable for LSW: TSS? I know Razor Crest seems to make a big deal of it, but I'll be annoyed if certain main-saga ships (Grievous' starfighter, for example) aren't available in the game off the shelf.

The Razor Crest, I-TS Transport, Death Star Final Duel, and Advent Calendar are the only sets that mention having codes on the box, I believe. From what I can remember, the first two unlock the ships themselves, Death Star Final Duel is an early unlock for Palpatine, and the Advent Calendar is the Snow Gonk and seemingly a one-time use code for Sweater Vader.

For those interested, these are all the codes used to unlock stuff in the game:

WROSHYR - Christmas Vader

LIFEDAY - snow Gonk

SHUTTLE - I-TS Transport

SIDIOUS - Palpatine

ARVALA7 - Razor Crest

Afaik that's it

3 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

The Razor Crest, I-TS Transport, Death Star Final Duel, and Advent Calendar are the only sets that mention having codes on the box, I believe. From what I can remember, the first two unlock the ships themselves, Death Star Final Duel is an early unlock for Palpatine, and the Advent Calendar is the Snow Gonk and seemingly a one-time use code for Sweater Vader.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

For those interested, these are all the codes used to unlock stuff in the game:

WROSHYR - Christmas Vader

LIFEDAY - snow Gonk

SHUTTLE - I-TS Transport

SIDIOUS - Palpatine

ARVALA7 - Razor Crest

Afaik that's it

Thanks for sharing guys. That's actually quite reasonable. I was afraid they'd use it as a marketing tool to unlock key characters or ships but novelty stuff or new-EU stuff seems fair.

Am I the only one who feels like the Razorcrest, while looks good from  afar, kind of falls apart when you watch a review on it? I don't know, but it almost seems like they rushed the set out because of the show's popularity. Some parts like the front grills don't feel nearly detailed enough and other parts just don't feel complete, like the sides being full of studs, technic beams being exposed, and the inside being totally barebones. I do still like the overall shape and am glad we are getting the set so soon, but compared to something like the Falcon from 2019 it feels very... skeletal. 

Edited by MasterofElements

Unless season 2 bombs or the razorcrest gets destroyed in the show I expect us to get season 3 and a remake of the Lego razorcrest.  

It's basically the new falcon.  The protagonist ship from the most popular thing going in the star wars universe.  TLG wont miss the opportunity to make more money off of it.  

1 hour ago, lego the hutt said:

Unless season 2 bombs or the razorcrest gets destroyed in the show I expect us to get season 3 and a remake of the Lego razorcrest.  

It's basically the new falcon.  The protagonist ship from the most popular thing going in the star wars universe.  TLG wont miss the opportunity to make more money off of it.  

I wish LEGO had as much faith in the show as you do. 

If we’re to take that as meaning we’re getting either nothing or once again only some smaller/“safe” sets from Mando in this next wave...wow.  It seems like the Set Formerly Known as The Razor Crest had a ton of pre-orders based on the way people were talking on here or other web sites, and I seem to remember it selling out or going offline for a bit at one point?  By many accounts too, the Mando BP was very, very tough to find for a few months (At least a lot of people reported being unable to get it for quite some time) and I do remember the AT-ST, at least by me, being on the shelves and then once the show premiered, it was gone in a second and didn’t come back for a month or so, although that second one is more anecdotal to me, not sure if that was the case anywhere else.

Normally I can at least see the logic in LEGO’s decisions, even if I may not agree with them, but if that’s the case, I have no idea what they’re thinking.

Edited by Kit Figsto

10 hours ago, Surge said:

That's great! I'm getting some of these for my family.

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

If we’re to take that as meaning we’re getting either nothing or once again only some smaller/“safe” sets from Mando in this next wave...wow.  It seems like the Set Formerly Known as The Razor Crest had a ton of pre-orders based on the way people were talking on here or other web sites, and I seem to remember it selling out or going offline for a bit at one point?  Normally I can at least see the logic in LEGO’s decisions, even if I may not agree with them, but if that’s the case, I have no idea what they’re thinking.

The set that shall not be named? :laugh:

Lots of lego's recent decisions have baffled me. Those weird designer interviews, pricing for some sets that are insane even by lego's recent standards, and now this, if correct.

34 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I wish LEGO had as much faith in the show as you do. 

I have a bad feeling about this...

2 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

Am I the only one who feels like the Razorcrest, while looks good from  afar, kind of falls apart when you watch a review on it? I don't know, but it almost seems like they rushed the set out because of the show's popularity. Some parts like the front grills don't feel nearly detailed enough and other parts just don't feel complete, like the sides being full of studs, technic beams being exposed, and the inside being totally barebones. I do still like the overall shape and am glad we are getting the set so soon, but compared to something like the Falcon from 2019 it feels very... skeletal. 

I agree.  I'm genuinely impressed by how much the kit manages to be just a big boring gray box, even considering the source material.  The way the half-arch bricks are integrated into the curve of the engine cylinders is moderately interesting, but the rest of the build is about as basic as you can get short of having stacked bricks for the walls.  The landing gear also seems tacked on in a hurry.  But it's plenty good enough for a first release of new material.  If it's popular enough, we'll get a remake in a few years and that will be more interesting.

Edit - that said, I really do appreciate all the open area in the cargo hold, the flip-down sides, and all - they really improve the accessibility and playability of the ship.  It's just a boring build, that's all.  (Judging from YouTube reviews.  I didn't order the Razor Crest and I don't plan to.)

Edited by icm

3 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

I built it yesterday and ultimately it was disappointing. The interior really does feel like it was rushed more than anything else - given how much the sides open it draws more attention to it. Upside is I’m excited to mod it to build all these details in, like more accurate engines, brick building more of the panelled exterior. 

2 hours ago, budgieishere said:

The interior really does feel like it was rushed more than anything else - given how much the sides open it draws more attention to it. Upside is I’m excited to mod it to build all these details in, like more accurate engines, brick building more of the panelled exterior. 

From the amount of people talking to mod the set I would also conclude it was rushed. Still, it could have been much worst. The exterior, cockpit and sleeping quarter look good. The rest is just empty space, but at least it can easily transport lots of minifigs and/or stuff (even Blurrgs!) unlike for instance the U-wing.

Confirmed in my decision to resist preorder. I expect to see some outstanding MODs in coming weeks as the outside of the ship does look good. 

Let the BL search for a Child and a cockpit begin.

Just started playing Jedi Fallen Order (which is great!) - bit late to the game and I imagine this has been discussed several times, but anyone aware of rumours regarding future sets from the game? 

1 minute ago, ThousandMoon said:

Just started playing Jedi Fallen Order (which is great!) - bit late to the game and I imagine this has been discussed several times, but anyone aware of rumours regarding future sets from the game? 

There are currently no rumors whatsoever