MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love that blue milk Luke, such a cool idea for an exclusive minfigureĀ :laugh_hard:

I hope Deluxe Edition with this Luke will be available in my country tho.

Yeah, it's hilarious! If I don't get the game (and it does look much better than I expected, I don't remember lego games having FPS elements), I'll have to bricklink the figure. IMO it's a great choice, it's something on-brand with their humor and a good figure, but not something that people would be upset is exclusive to a game.

The new trailer for the game looks awesome! Can't wait to play it.

Unfortunately the choice for the bonus figure is a little underwhelming though. They've just taken a 6 year old frequently released figure and slapped a milk gimmick on it. We don't see as many polybags as we used to and with so many characters still unreleased I think there are better choices they could have picked from.

3 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Gandalf was voiced by Tom Kane in Lego Dimensions, and from the trailer we know he's voicing Yoda in this game. He could be doing Qui-Gon too, but I rewatched the trailer and it doesn't sound like his Gandalf voice to me at all.

Qui-Gon definitely sounded like Tom Kane as well to me.Ā  The Han voice was actually pretty spot on, when he said "Not him, the Falcon" that legitimately sounded like Ford to me.

Luke and his blue milk. Superfunny. The bantha printed on that 1x1 brick is a nice thing to have. I hope Chalmunā€™s Cantina will have some.Ā 
Already chuckling over the idea how that Luke head is going to be used in MOCs

Itā€™s interesting that the blue milk is just the Friends one edited. As a result Emmaā€™s logo (from 2012-17) is on it. :PĀ 

9 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I see alot of 501st at all retailer I pass, Falcon was of course different since it was not available to reseller but which regions do people claim it's impossible to get their hands on 501st? And im not sure if NA counts (yet) since it wasn't released there start of this month

Not a single one to be had online in the UK. I live in a pretty remote area, so physical toy shops are few and far between. They tend to be 1-2 months behind on displaying new waves, and covid surely isn't helping.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Qui-Gon definitely sounded like Tom Kane as well to me.Ā  The Han voice was actually pretty spot on, when he said "Not him, the Falcon" that legitimately sounded like Ford to me.

Yes! A few of the voices had me wondering, I really couldn't tell if they are all dubbed or partially reused dialogue. But the Solo line caught me by surprise by sounding so legit.

I wonder if veterans like Anthony Daniels will reprise their role? He has done so in the past for non-movie stuff I think?

I was wondering why they're dubbed at all but makes sense if they are going off script.

That looks brilliant. I love that gag at the end with the lightning force pieces. I think Sam Witwer is voicing Palpatine.Ā 

I think the blue milk Luke figure is pretty neat and definetely channels that classic LEGO humor but when I look at it like I should look at it, a Deluxe Edition exclusive minifigure, I must admit I'm really disappointed. It's pretty much just a very common figure with a new head and a 1x1 printed brick with a very small update to it. It's fine but I really expected more than thisĀ :sceptic:

9 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Is it just me or Luke's voice sounds a bit off in the trailer?Ā  I understand if they couldn't use excerpts from the movies, but it seems to me the voice actor has a completely different tone from Hamill.

Sounds like they used the Battlefront II VO's for characters like Luke, Han and Palps

2 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

That looks brilliant. I love that gag at the end with the lightning force pieces. I think Sam Witwer is voicing Palpatine.Ā 

You heard that correctly, good listening!Ā :wink:

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That looks brilliant. I love that gag at the end with the lightning force piecesļ»æ. I think Sam Witwer is voicing Palpatine.Ā 

He did Palps in the Force Unleashed as well as the lead character. I've said it before, but shame they ditched it from canon. I liked that Anakin and Vader both got surprise apprentices in the same year (2008). But whereas Ahsoka has taken off, Starkiller has been cast aside... Nothing in new canon explicitly contradicts it that I know of though, so...

Neat figure for the deluxe edition but such a waste of a polybag. No Rebel Friend or Beach Trooper, riot time. Donā€™t understand why itā€™s not Last Jedi Luke with greenĀ milk all over his face, as much as I hated that movieĀ seeing thisĀ just screams ā€œmissed opportunityā€.Ā 

Looking forward to the game,Ā LEGO games just get better and better over time and I have little doubt that this game wonā€™t be good. Very interested in the new versions of the levels for episodes 1-7 and curious to see what theyā€™ve done with 9.Ā Maybe the shot of Vader from Rogue One in the trailer is the first level of episode 4? The original game from 2005 has a bonus level where you play as Vader and a Stormtrooper boarding the Tantive IV, I wonder if theyā€™ve taken that idea and expanded upon it. If I were to design a level for the first scene of ANH, Iā€™d take a bit of creative liberty with it. Play as stormtroopers for most of the level, until you find R2 with the plans... then you play as Vader mowing down rebels while R2 runs for the escape pod.Ā 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You heard that correctly, good listening!Ā :wink:

Thanks! I think Iā€™ve watched way too much Rebels and Clone Wars over lockdownĀ :tongue:

20 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Ā Maybe the shot of Vader from Rogue One in the trailer is the first level of episode 4? The original game from 2005 has a bonus level where you play as Vader and a Stormtrooper boarding the Tantive IV, I wonder if theyā€™ve taken that idea and expanded upon it. If I were to design a level for the first scene of ANH, Iā€™d take a bit of creative liberty with it. Play as stormtroopers for most of the level, until you find R2 with the plans... then you play as Vader mowing down rebels while R2 runs for the escape pod.Ā 

Thatā€™s a possibility. They did it as well in the LEGO Clone Wars game which includes the Battle of Geonosis as a prequel level and in the FA game which includes the Battle of Endor. (Space Battle and Land). It would be cool if they did the Battle of Scariff.Ā 

Hey spotted bebe Yoda in the wild in Luxembourg - not sure if official photos are out sorry about the quality.Ā 

50278105103_9bef82f2a9_h_d.jpg

Ā 

50278794586_3c65239a92_h_d.jpg

Edited by nahpets

11 hours ago, nahpets said:

Hey spotted bebe Yoda in the wild in Luxembourg - not sure if official photos are out sorry about the quality.Ā 

<snip>

could/did you buy it?

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote pictures

9 hours ago, Redroe said:

I wonder if veterans like Anthony Daniels will reprise their role? He has done so in the past for non-movie stuff I think?

Anthony Daniels will undoubtedly voice C-3PO, he's returned to voice him for almost every appearance of the character. I think you can probably count the amount of times Daniels hasn't voiced Threepio on one hand.

Personally I'm joining the camp of being disappointed with blue milk Luke, Tatooine Luke is already such a common figure and all they've done is changed the face print and given him a generic milk carton. As someone who really wants this game, I can't say I'll be disappointed if I miss out on him.

The ChildĀ looks GOOD! Wow!

Didn't think they could pull it off after the abomination that was the previous Yoda... well done.

It looks especially strong from the above angle, which is fitting.

Edited by FeepoGerbin

5 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Ā 

The Childļ»æĀ looks GOOD! Wow!

Didn't think they could pull it off after the abomination that was the previous Yoda... well done.

Ā 

Agree! Very sweet and well built. Luckily they learnt from what was wrong in the previousĀ Yodaā€™s model.Ā 

Wow I did not expect the Baby Yoda model to look this good! For ~80 euro I definetely won't pick it up as soon as it comes out though, might if it gets to a 20-30% discount

1 hour ago, nahpets said:

*le snip*

At last, we've been waiting too long for this Gremlins tie-in!

In all seriousness I doubt I'll pick it up, but it looks pretty nifty, the Ā£70 price tag seems reasonable for what it is. I love how he's holding the little ball from the joystick as well.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

I didn't even know the Baby Yoda model was going to be a thing. How did I miss that. That's a must purchase.

12 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Same here.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wow I did not expect the Baby Yoda model to look this good! For ~80 euro I definetely won't pick it up as soon as it comes out though, might if it gets to a 20-30% discount

I think it looks pretty good for the most part, but the mouth is super off to me, makes him look like a gremlin. I'm not a huge fan of the eyes, either, though I can't tell if it's a print or just something they edited on for the box art.

At least it's not ketamine-addicted yoda like last year.

16 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

What a complete ridiculous waste of an exclusive minifigure polybag

Cannot agree moreĀ 

Is this another case of the UCS Y-Wing where our first look at the set is where it actually is available for sale?Ā  The Yoda looks great, not really my thing but I'm sure it'll sell well!