MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

The Helmet colour is way too dark and the black visor is way too fat. Hope that with the eventual Beskar version they update the helmet too.

The visor print matches Boba, Jango, etc. The only one they "thinned" was the death watch trooper (Maul's) which looked extremely strange IMO. 

10 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

would be very surprised if Rebels sets didn't sell well. Lego seemed to release a good amount of sets in support of that series (there's still some ground I'd love for them to cover, though).

Many of the Rebels sets were top notch for quality. The worst was probably the Ghost itself unfortunately. Class minfigures not quite making up for a blocky, chibi ship.

Speaking of which, tomorrow is Ahsoka Day. I can't wait. :moar:

2 hours ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

? what was that bullsh#t statement about stopping regional exclusives?? Oh they're calling it something else so its okay now. 

Convention exclusives are exempt from that rule, as stated in the original announcement :wink: And even if they wanted to, they couldn’t just sell the Bespin Duel set worldwide because it was produced in a limited capacity. Based on what we know about the production cycle, the set was already firmly in production when the conventions were cancelled, so different packaging is pretty much all they could do at that point

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

The visor print matches Boba, Jango, etc. The only one they "thinned" was the death watch trooper (Maul's) which looked extremely strange IMO. 

After second inspection I see you are right that the black printing is consistent with the battlepack mandos and the fetts. I think giving printed cheekbones around the T-Shape and on the lines on the top of the helmet would help in making it look more bold instead of flat and dull. Hope they update it next year.

9 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

How soon is the question, though. I think if anything, we'll get some excuse for the remaining figures (Ultimate Mando, Gideon), and then that's that until Season 2. If Battle Packs are going in the direction of the 501st Legion, I think an Imperial Remnant version is likely next, possibly with an ITT, but that's discussion for another thread.

They don't even need an excuse for those figures not showing up yet, since season 2 is in october. Lego's next wave isn't until january 2021, and they could easily have a mando set or two in there.

12 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

After second inspection I see you are right that the black printing is consistent with the battlepack mandos and the fetts. I think giving printed cheekbones around the T-Shape and on the lines on the top of the helmet would help in making it look more bold instead of flat and dull. Hope they update it next year.

Yeah, some silver and black lines on the pearl dark grey is about all it needs I think.

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They don't even need an excuse for those figures not showing up yet, since season 2 is in october. Lego's next wave isn't until january 2021, and they could easily have a mando set or two in there.

Also, the series has only been available (legally!) in much of the world since April. So releasing a bunch of sets prior to then would have meant nothing to a lot of the market.

3 hours ago, Redroe said:

Many of the Rebels sets were top notch for quality. The worst was probably the Ghost itself unfortunately. Class minfigures not quite making up for a blocky, chibi ship.

Speaking of which, tomorrow is Ahsoka Day. I can't wait. :moar:

What’s Ahsoka Day?

On 8/21/2020 at 2:36 AM, STARHAWK said:

Good for u. But there is a lot of people who did not enjoyed ST and they vote with valets and dont support ST related stuff and Disney is already recognizing it - hence the Mandalorian show and many OT stuff.

So we will see which camp has bigger purchasing power on the amount of ST product released.

I wouldn't call this calendar overly ST focused.  I feel like they've been pretty across the board for the calendars.

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Tomorrow we will get first gameplay for Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga!

Finally something is going on with this game.

"I've been looking forward to this..."

54 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Tomorrow we will get first gameplay for Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga!

Finally something is going on with this game.

Huzzah!

I really hope it's good, this might be my most anticipated LEGO Star Wars release for a long while.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Convention exclusives are exempt from that rule, as stated in the original announcement :wink: And even if they wanted to, they couldn’t just sell the Bespin Duel set worldwide because it was produced in a limited capacity. Based on what we know about the production cycle, the set was already firmly in production when the conventions were cancelled, so different packaging is pretty much all they could do at that point

Hmm does that then mean LEGO will just be selling all the stock they prepared beforehand? And after it sells out its just done? 

1 hour ago, Evergreen said:

Hmm does that then mean LEGO will just be selling all the stock they prepared beforehand? And after it sells out its just done? 

That's the logic I'm going with.  Absolute must buy at midnight.  Plan for the worst, hope for the best! 

4 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

http://www.thedorkydiva.com/2016/01/happy-ahsoka-day.html

But that should be january the 29th, so i don't know what Redroe wants to say. Maybe he expects something like a trailer featuring Ahsoka?

Nope... all i meant was I finally get my Ahsoka in the AAT. And, for those who appreciate irony, it never came. I didn't know an actual Ahsoka day existed. Apologies.

18 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Nope... all i meant was I finally get my Ahsoka in the AAT. And, for those who appreciate irony, it never came. I didn't know an actual Ahsoka day existed. Apologies.

Apologies? For what?

On another note: Ugly-sweater Vader and Poe make this years calendar a must buy. Just seen a review on YT, very nice.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Aaaand there's also an official delay to 2021. Not like we weren't expecting this, but it still sucks.

A shame but not unexpected. If it means the game is finished to a decent standard I don't mind one bit.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Sorry, I meant a excuse to get those figures, like an ITT, I can only imagine them doing a set or two in 2021, but there's always room for more.

12 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Sorry, I meant a excuse to get those figures, like an ITT, I can only imagine them doing a set or two in 2021, but there's always room for more.

If I were to guess, I think they would have to put at least one or two Mando sets in the January wave, I don't see them making that mistake twice and only having a battle pack and non-Mando specific set (like, the figures were from the show, but the model wasn't a new vehicle, it was essentially a re-skinned version of the Rogue One set, although it still looks really good), and since presumably Gideon will be a major character in S2, they'll probably figure out a way to include him.  Plus, it's the only Star Wars property that's still being actively made, since Bad Batch and Cassian aren't supposed to be coming until 2021 and who knows when the Kenobi show will actually come out.

S1 spoilers - 

am, however, worried we may never see a Kulil figure, since, well, he probably won't be showing up anymore and he wasn't in the Razor Crest.  We have the mold for him and everything, it's really strange that they didn't include him.

6 hours ago, Redroe said:

Also, the series has only been available (legally!) in much of the world since April. So releasing a bunch of sets prior to then would have meant nothing to a lot of the market.

(Raises pirate flag) "I will make it legal" :laugh:

That is a good point, making a ton of mando sets in november-january wouldn't bode well for sales in countries where the show is still 4-6 months away. (Especially when the target audience, children, don't know how to access the show though sites some would consider to be....unnatural)

18 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Oh, that makes sense too. I'm sure we'll get a set or two in january 2021, and then one or two sets per wave in the rest of the system waves for a while, at least while the show remains popular. (and since they've already confirmed season 3, it's not like there's much risk it'll stop airing anytime soon.)

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

Hide contents

am, however, worried we may never see a Kulil figure, since, well, he probably won't be showing up anymore and he wasn't in the Razor Crest.  We have the mold for him and everything, it's really strange that they didn't include him.

Spoiler

It may be due to the fact that his hat and goggles may have made them feel that he needed a new mold, which they couldn't get for him.

Although personally I would have been fine with the razor crest being delayed a bit and $20 more if it had Kuill, and maybe a blurrg or two and Cara.

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It may be due to the fact that his hat and goggles may have made them feel that he needed a new mold, which they couldn't get for him.

Yes I think if they'd done him sans helmet, or used the existing mold with a printed helmet, then we would have cried foul. But the existing mold is perfectly adequate for a custom, no-helmet version. He does take that thing off a couple of times. 

I wonder about the saleability of Mando sets because of the one-shot nature of many episodes. Much as a set with figs of Toro Calahan or Fennic Shand would be good, I can't see them being popular with kids because of the extremely limited exposure these kinds of characters have when they show up once and then SPOILERS die. It kind of limits the possible imaginitive play. AT ST raider is an exception - its a recognisable vehicle with redshirt aliens. Can't have enough of those.

Switching track somewhat:

I don't get the ITS transport buzz because I have no idea about its source material - it looks like a fairly generic, solidly built vehicle design, nothing great. But I wonder if it made a set because it was originally intended for TRoS and didn't make the cut? Rather like that TIE shuttle (echelon?) That was made for TLJ. 

2 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Apologies? For what?

In case I trod on someone's toes with Ahsoka Day and for causing general confusion and disarray :pir-laugh: the internet is a savage place.

Finished CW series 7 a few nights ago. Watched the last four episodes back to back. God it's good. Serious concerns that I might never be able to lay my paws on some 501st troopers.

Edited by Redroe

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Aaaand there's also an official delay to 2021. Not like we weren't expecting this, but it still sucks.

Delay of what?

Just now, Redroe said:

In case I trod on someone's toes with Ahsoka Day :pir-laugh: the internet is a savage place.

Finished CW series 7 a few nights ago. Watched the last four episodes back to back. God it's good. Serious concerns that I might never be able to lay my paws on some 501st troopers.

I wanted to express there's no need for any apologies.

Yes, isn't it? I can't wait to see Rosario as Ahsoka. She's the perfect fit. Hopefull will justify more sets with her.