MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The B2 on the other hand... Nearly every single one I've had has had the clip on the legs snap.

Just looking at the droids that I pulled out of my minifig storage due to broken parts, I have three broken Super Battle Droid legs, three broken Battle Droid Legs, and two broken Battle Droid heads. Doing the math based on the last time I counted my droids and counting each part as a separate broken figure, 2.4% of my droids are broken (not even counting Battle Droid arms, which would probably bump that up to 5% at least). The clips are the problem on all of these parts, either being snapped or too loose to hold on to the figure. I don't abuse my droids and 2.4% being broken from just being stored and used in MOCs is kind of ridiculous.

7 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Same with super battle droids,their legs part break so easily i am scared to touch them or display them.

I'm afraid to even push on the tops of them to lock them into studs. I just push their toes down instead :laugh:

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'll toss my vote into the keep-Battle-Droids-as-is camp, maybe they could strengthen the clips so they don't break as easily, and as someone mentioned, perhaps an update/tweak of the Super Battle Droid figure.

That's also my position. The only change I think they should make is to strengthen the clips. The only other meaningful change I can think of is to change the arm connections for both types of droids to small ball joint connections, but I don't know how possible/durable that would be even though it would be cool for articulation. Other than that, I think the Battle Droid figure is pretty solid and looks good. The clips are the only part that is broken, so the clips should be the only part to get fixed.

6 hours ago, Redroe said:

But if we get up in arms about the differences between clone helmets year on year, imagine the meltdowns when our armies of countless droids are made redundant by a new mold. 

Exactly! Even if cool updates are possible, I don't want to deal with buying parts to update hundreds of droids on the secondary market.

What I want to see from that Yoda book leak is if the astromech dome is new or reused from the original X-Wing Microfighter. It being blocked makes it hard to tell.

I think the B1s are fine as is, honestly. Just reinforce the clips and bend the gun arm a little and it’s perfect.

However, the B2s look long outdated IMO. Especially with all that open space on the back. I’d love to see something newly shaped using some red printing for the eyes, or even some dual molding...

Maybe there’s a new version on the horizon and that’s why it’s been eons since we’ve gotten any. After all, I’d argue they’re more relevant than B1s due to their inclusion in the Mandalorian.

The original B1 molds were really detailed for their time and hold up perfectly well imo. They changed one of the arms, and I think that's about all they needed. The split legs would be great in theory, but with how thin they are it would likely result in very weak joints. Any attempt to match the style of skeletons would make them very wide. And frankly, I don't think they should be making any major updates that makes the two groups of figures difficult to have in the same mocs/arrays when there's so little to gain.

2 hours ago, FeepoGerbin said:

using some red printing for the eyes

Wait... is that red spot on their torsos supposed to be an eye?

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

No, they have eyes on their "head" that are very hard to see in the PT (if it's even there at all) but much more visible in TCW and Resistance. (The eyes are usually white but glow red in Resistance.)

latest?cb=20111224211527

Edited by BigGuy4U
Clarification

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

No, they have eyes on their "head" that are very hard to see in the PT (if it's even there at all) but much more visible in TCW and Resistance. (The eyes are usually white but glow red in Resistance.)

It does look like a B1 head without a neck, but Wookieepedia lists it's sensor color as red, leading me to believethat red dot is in fact it's eye. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/B2-series_super_battle_droid

It would be nice to see red eye print on the B2 in the future, however we have no evidence B2s are going to be in any sets in the january wave.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

3 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It does look like a B1 head without a neck, but Wookieepedia lists it's sensor color as red, leading me to believethat red dot is in fact it's eye. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/B2-series_super_battle_droid

It would be nice to see red eye print on the B2 in the future, however we have no evidence B2s are going to be in any sets in the january wave.

I was actually thinking of their Mandalorian appearance when I wrote that comment-- their eyes glow red there.

I had totally forgotten about the red circle/their eyes not glowing in TCW.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:57 AM, jdubbs said:

Usually when people opt not to share info, it's because 1) the original source of the information asked that it remain private and not be posted publicly, or 2) the information comes from an unproven source or needs to be verified. There are people who love to make up bogus set lists, descriptions, etc., and no one wants to get burned by circulating info that turns out to be junk, because people on these forums tend to blame the messenger when that happens. And, even seemingly-reliable information sourced from Target's, Walmart's, and yes LEGO's own computer systems have proven to be wrong in the past, so you can never be 100% sure of anything.

I am surprised the price list has not leaked publicly by now. It's been circulating among the Instragramers for a month or more now, and yet they've all shown uncharacteristic restraint in not rushing to be "FIRST!" to post it. I suspect it's only a matter of time, though. Just... keep your expectations low (and you can only be pleasantly surprised).

So... : ) speaking of Instagram rumors, what's the validity of the one about a Star Wars line of CMF in 2021?

Ashnflash very casually dropped it in his Looney Toons CMF rumor video earlier this month: 

https://youtu.be/iFUf1cW89d4

To the thread at large: yes, Hasbro has blocked TLG from making it in the past, but we've heard that the contract is due to expire soon. That means Disney (on behalf of their partnership with Lego) could've renegotiated those terms. Further, the timing jives with the other rumors we've had: People are already up-in-arms about no battle packs, but (as usual) might there be more to the picture that we're not seeing? BPs have always been Lego's way of selling figures in spite of Hasbro... but what's the need if they can sell the figures via a CMF line? Sure, it makes army building more expensive... but that's sort of the point, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Pedilego said:

Ashnflash very casually dropped it in his Looney Toons CMF rumor video earlier this month: 

https://youtu.be/iFUf1cW89d4

He says a lot of Instagramers have all but confirmed one of the CMF next year is Star Wars, but I haven't seen evidence of that on Instagram. I think this thread would have blown up if that was the case. I heard it speculated that certain contracts have come to an end and that could be a possibility for Lego to create new contracts that allow them to do a CMF, but I don't think any reliable leaker has confirmed this means a CMF is coming. Don't get me wrong, I'd like it to be true and you make a good point about the absence of BPs, but I'm sceptical about a CMF.

Edited by BacktoBricks

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

He says a lot of Instagramers have all but confirmed one of the CMF next year is Star Wars, but I haven't seen evidence of that on Instagram. I think this thread would have blown up if that was the case. I heard it speculated that certain contracts have come to an end and that could be a possibility for Lego to create new contracts that allow them to do a CMF, but I don't think any reliable leaker has confirmed this means a CMF is coming. Don't get me wrong, I'd like it to be true and you make a good point about the absence of BPs, but I'm sceptical about a CMF.

I think @Itaria No Shintaku hinted quite strongly at a Marvel series, citing the renegotiation of contracts as the cause. Then it was speculated that if Marvel was going to get a series (Itaria never being quite wrong), then Star Wars is a strong possibility as well. Of course, all of this is speculation, and I highly doubt a CMF is the root cause behind Battle Packs' disappearance.

If a Star Wars CMF were in the works, then I suspect we'd get a few missing links in there (P2 Cody for one), and since CMFs tend to have a higher threshold for new molds, it could be a good thing. But, I think that's a long way away, if it ever even happens.

Oh god not a star wars CMF; our wallets don't need the abuse :cry_sad:

Though I don't have any room for complain for the Q4 of 2020; AT-AT and Duel at Bespin for OT fans; 501 battlepack and AAT for clone war fans, the razorcrest and even the UCS cantina coming up.

It's been SOO long since we had a great wave like this. Good sets spreaded out here and there but I have to say it's not been good like this since 2014. 

Ash seems to get confused about rumors from time to time. A few months ago he was convinced the Harry Potter sets were a August release worldwide and that leakers had said that

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I think @Itaria No Shintaku hinted quite strongly at a Marvel series, citing the renegotiation of contracts as the cause. Then it was speculated that if Marvel was going to get a series (Itaria never being quite wrong), then Star Wars is a strong possibility as well. Of course, all of this is speculation, and I highly doubt a CMF is the root cause behind Battle Packs' disappearance.

If a Star Wars CMF were in the works, then I suspect we'd get a few missing links in there (P2 Cody for one), and since CMFs tend to have a higher threshold for new molds, it could be a good thing. But, I think that's a long way away, if it ever even happens.

I'm not usually a stickler for it, but not to mention the dual molding and extra printing potential... :moar:

But yeah, probably best to keep expectations low for the time being. This is the first I've heard of it and I follow both this thread and the CMF one. I personally think it's highly unlikely that there's going to be a Star Wars CMF next year since we typically get three a year and there's already rumors for Looney Tunes and Marvel, which means if we also got Star Wars there wouldn't be a single unlicensed CMF, assuming the other rumors are true.

I know this isn't the place for this comment, but for the love of Faramir, Lego, give us a LotR CMF before a Star Wars one. 

Can't see it happening myself. It would rob them of the opportunity to include rare figs in mediocre sets and thus stand more chance of selling them. But then I thoight that about Harry Potter and hey presto, or expelliarmus if you prefer.

But oh the possibilities. Padme? Kaminoans? Sy Snootles? The white skinned lady who flirts with Boba Fett?

So basically anyday the next week the Mos Eisley UCS can be leaked or officially revealed. Im almost too excited, not only do I want it so bad, but also because it's so difficult to visualize exactly how the set would look like.

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

So basically anyday the next week the Mos Eisley UCS can be leaked or officially revealed. Im almost too excited, not only do I want it so bad, but also because it's so difficult to visualize exactly how the set would look like.

Yeah I feel you; My biggest fear is what is gonna be included. Another luke landspeeder and R2 and C3P0 is almost inevitable and it's gonna waste pieces and cost on something that 95% of fans already have and at this time readily available.

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I was ready to ask you what made you think Mos Eisley would be leaked or revealed next week, seeing as most D2Cs have had their reveals just a couple of weeks before their release (usually mid- to late- month). However, seeing the reveal dates of the UCS Star Destroyer and Cloud City, I guess it would make sense to reveal Mos Eisley at the beginning of September.

It just seems so strange to get a D2C reveal so far away from its release date, considering we've been waiting for the Diagon Alley reveal for a month over at the Harry Potter topic in the Licensed Forum, and the set releases in 8 days. Have there been rumors of an early VIP-access for Mos Eisley? It seems like forever since we've had one.

Guys, anytime we start down the CMF wishlist this thread gets off track faster than lightspeed. Please refrain from talking about wanting a CMF unless we get some proof or a solid rumor.

9 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Harry Potter’s “Diagon Alley” is coming out next week and still hasn’t gotten an official reveal, so I’d say more Mos Eisley leaks might be close, but it’s hard to say when a press release might happen. 

11 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

If it looks anything like this I'll be thrilled. Instant buy.

1000x800p.jpg?1595889757.5644794

But if it is anything like this.. i'll pass

61opccaZM1L._AC_.jpg 

2 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

If it looks anything like this I'll be thrilled. Instant buy.

1000x800p.jpg?1595889757.5644794

But if it is anything like this.. i'll pass

61opccaZM1L._AC_.jpg 

The only difference (spiritually) between those two is a baseplate. The material difference is a couple of thousand bricks :pir-laugh:

Just picked up 3 copies of the 501st set, finally, even if they're on backorder and won't ship until mid september.

All the star wars sets except for the bespin duel are out in the US now on the lego shop.com