MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

23 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Blue MTT was from a fake list from this guy who made multiple alt accounts to defend himself, from what I remember.

There were also some people speculating that we would see a new MTT in 2021 because we have historically seen an MTT released every seven years. Other vehicles have broken their release patterns in the past, so I wouldn't take this alone as evidence of any new sets, but it is the closest to a real rumor about an MTT that we have had so far.

59 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So I guess another Snowspeeder is in the wave?:iamded_lol:

I hope so and then they can fix the dam' cockpit.

28 minutes ago, MGS6735 said:

There were also some people speculating that we would see a new MTT in 2021 because we have historically seen an MTT released every seven years. Other vehicles have broken their release patterns in the past, so I wouldn't take this alone as evidence of any new sets, but it is the closest to a real rumor about an MTT that we have had so far.

By that logic I'm expecting a Jabba set in the wings, which is bad news for my wallet because I am a sucker for Jabba sets. 

3 hours ago, MGS6735 said:

If we were to get an MTT, I would bet a lot of money against it being blue, we did get the blue polybag once but it's such an obscure vehicle, I can't even remember it from a single TCW episode.  Plus, for whatever reason, it seems like Phantom Menace gets a disproportionate amount of sets compared to AOTC and ROTS, we get Naboo speeders and stuff If we got a big Clone Wars set I'd imagine something more recognizable would probably seen by LEGO as safer, like a Venator or Y-Wing.

Regardless, this wave was supposed to be a "set expectations low and you might be surprised" deal and it's been pretty great in my opinion, can't complain.  I'm hoping for another mixed wave with some prequels, some TV shows, some OT, and some sequels.

17 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I can't even remember it from a single TCW episode.

It was in the first episode of TCW S7. Maybe I remember it because I just watched it though.

Spoiler

If they were to attempt it, it would be cool if it could deploy Super Battle Droids like it did in that episode. Also, another potential option to include the Bad Batch in a set.

I do agree that a TPM version is more likely and that the odds are it won't be like the 2007 version. But if they want to do a CW version, now is the time.

1 hour ago, MGS6735 said:

It was in the first episode of TCW S7. Maybe I remember it because I just watched it though.

Reveal hidden contents

If they were to attempt it, it would be cool if it could deploy Super Battle Droids like it did in that episode. Also, another potential option to include the Bad Batch in a set.

I do agree that a TPM version is more likely and that the odds are it won't be like the 2007 version. But if they want to do a CW version, now is the time.

This is why I think there might be merit to a blue MTT actually showing up. That bad batch helmet leak was pearl dark grey, wasn't it? That color doesn't yet exist for that part, and Sargent Hunter is the only figure where a pearl dark gray p2 clone helmet makes sense. So if that image is real, it's very likely at least some bad batch members will show up. The blue MTT is one of only a few options that make sense.

Although the MTT evidence is all circumstantial, so to speak. Without any actual leaks or evidence that would point directly to the MTT itself, we'll have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Regardless, this wave was supposed to be a "set expectations low and you might be surprised" deal and it's been pretty great in my opinion, can't complain.  I'm hoping for another mixed wave with some prequels, some TV shows, some OT, and some sequels.

I agree, I like this wave's sets and the mix between prequel/original/sequel/television sets. The only major problem I see if the price :grin:.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Does anyone else think that with all the new updated moulds replacing those from 1999/2000, that the regular battle droid will be be updated possibly even next year?

Just now, TeeNuggetTa said:

Does anyone else think that with all the new updated moulds replacing those from 1999/2000, that the regular battle droid will be be updated possibly even next year?

No way there gonna change that, how else could they improve them? They could try to add more articulation or detail but the current ones already look accurate enough and adding more articulation would make the battle droids more frail than they already are, unless they made their limbs thicker. The only thing I could ever actually imagine them changing is the torso mold by adding more plastic to the top half to make them more accurate.

38 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

No way there gonna change that, how else could they improve them? They could try to add more articulation or detail but the current ones already look accurate enough and adding more articulation would make the battle droids more frail than they already are, unless they made their limbs thicker. The only thing I could ever actually imagine them changing is the torso mold by adding more plastic to the top half to make them more accurate.

They could make them like the Lego Skeletons with two individually moving legs, thicker body and a more accurate head mould with eye printing. I hope it happens soon cause the current battle droids are pretty pathetic when compared to 2020 standards.  

At least lego could give them a 1x2 tan plate.

Edited by TeeNuggetTa
Added Last line

3 hours ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

I don't think the B1 would need updating - the only thing I can think of would be separate legs as @TeeNuggetTa said.

The B2 on the other hand... Nearly every single one I've had has had the clip on the legs snap. Admittedly the last one I can remember buying was in 2014, but if a blue MTT is going to happen I would really want TLG to fix that, whether it's an issue with design or the colour of plastic making it brittle.

Looks like the Razor Crest has received a name change on Shop at Home. Now its called The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport.

42 minutes ago, wesker said:

Looks like the Razor Crest has received a name change on Shop at Home. Now its called The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport.

lego.com/en-us/themes/star-wars = Razor Crest

lego.com/en-de/themes/star-wars = The Mandalorian™ Bounty Hunter Transport

lego.com/de-de/themes/star-wars = Razor Crest

:pir_laugh2:

I think it's just a matter of time all will switch to TMBHT. We should call it TSFKARC from now on. The Set Formerly Known As Razor Crest ^^

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

28 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I think it's just a matter of time all will switch to TMBHT. We should call it TSFKARC from now on. The Set Formerly Known As Razor Crest ^^

Seconded :laugh: it's like the Night Buzzard or Soulless One all over again...

1 hour ago, wesker said:

No joke? Bizarre decision. It's actually named in the first ten minutes of the show, which is the only time a named ship is EVER called by its name in live action Star Wars (other than the Falcon- correct me if I'm wrong).

The next Slave 1, which sure as hell isn't named in a film, will have to be called TM(NNTO,TRO)BHT(TOATB) 

The Mandalorian (No, not that one, the real one) Bounty Hunter Transport. The Original and the Best.

11 minutes ago, Redroe said:

No joke? Bizarre decision.

There is a legit reason though: someone in Germany snatched the trademark for the name before Lucasfilm did, so TLG changed the name just to be safe: https://www.stonewars.de/news/razor-crest-wird-the-mandalorian-bounty-hunter-transport/

I‘m pretty sure Lucasfilm will properly claim the name at some point as there is no way they won‘t win in court, but better to be safe than sorry for the time being :wink: 

More details here: https://www.stonewars.de/news/razor-crest-wortmarke-deutschland/

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I don't think the B1 would need updating - the only thing I can think of would be separate legs as @TeeNuggetTa said.

The B2 on the other hand... Nearly every single one I've had has had the clip on the legs snap. Admittedly the last one I can remember buying was in 2014, but if a blue MTT is going to happen I would really want TLG to fix that, whether it's an issue with design or the colour of plastic making it brittle.

Yep, Battle droids do need an update. To bulk up body and change legs and arm molds. I hate how the only arm that can hold blaster is straight and not slightly curved like normal arm. LEGO easily could change blaster arm to be better, but they prefer to use ridiculous straight arm instead.

I'm SO disappointed about the Bespin set being a US exclusive... Like honestly, what has the rest of the world done to piss off these companies? Surely they could have made this a Lego Store exclusive for the whole world?

20 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Yep, Battle droids do need an update. To bulk up body and change legs and arm molds. I hate how the only arm that can hold blaster is straight and not slightly curved like normal arm. LEGO easily could change blaster arm to be better, but they prefer to use ridiculous straight arm instead.

I don't think they need bulking up - they are pretty spindly in the movies and the current piece gets that across pretty well. The arm thing is pretty annoying but not a deal breaker. All subjective though!

5 minutes ago, Legopls said:

I'm SO disappointed about the Bespin set being a US exclusive... Like honestly, what has the rest of the world done to piss off these companies? Surely they could have made this a Lego Store exclusive for the whole world?

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't think the American continent exclusivity has been confirmed yet - we know it'll be at Target in the US and TRU in Canada, not whether it'll be available in Europe. That said I wouldn't be surprised if it was US only as that's effectively what it would've been anyway being a SDCC set.

5 hours ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

I really hope they update b1 droids and then release mtt and battle pack,those droids are absolutely terrible,they age so badly,they get so loose and you cant even move their legs for stop motions. Same with super battle droids,their legs part break so easily i am scared to touch them or display them. Have to keep both versions of droids as well as commando droids in zip bags or they will just get destroyed without me touching them.

But if we get up in arms about the differences between clone helmets year on year, imagine the meltdowns when our armies of countless droids are made redundant by a new mold. 

I have tons of nostalgia for the battle droid mold, I hope it never changes.

13 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

If we were to get an MTT, I would bet a lot of money against it being blue, we did get the blue polybag once but it's such an obscure vehicle, I can't even remember it from a single TCW episode. 

It has been in several Clone Wars episodes, +-10 at least. :wink:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

There is a legit reason though: someone in Germany snatched the trademark for the name before Lucasfilm did, so TLG changed the name just to be safe: https://www.stonewars.de/news/razor-crest-wird-the-mandalorian-bounty-hunter-transport/

I‘m pretty sure Lucasfilm will properly claim the name at some point as there is no way they won‘t win in court, but better to be safe than sorry for the time being :wink: 

More details here: https://www.stonewars.de/news/razor-crest-wortmarke-deutschland/

Ah that's interesting. Google translate did a terrible job on that article but I got the gist. :pir-laugh:

5 hours ago, wesker said:

This was apparently done because someone claimed the razor crest name already? I don't know what that person's plan is besides getting into a court battle with lucasfilm...

9 hours ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

Besides your suggestion of separate moving legs, there isn't anything I can think of. For the separate moving legs, it could be done pretty easily with only changing the torso mold slightly. Lego could make the bottom of the torso mold more like the skeleton mold, and then just have separated legs like grievous or skeletons.

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Besides your suggestion of separate moving legs, there isn't anything I can think of. For the separate moving legs, it could be done pretty easily with only changing the torso mold slightly. Lego could make the bottom of the torso mold more like the skeleton mold, and then just have separated legs like grievous or skeletons.

This would be cool already.
Additionally I would wish to have an update on the chest piece, because it is supposed have a uniform "box" appearance for the top part. The Lego mold, however, has a big hold in the chest piece that is not supposed to be there and that does not need to be there for any functional reason. I believe this would make a huge improvement on the looks.

Also, I would wish they improve simply the quality of the droid parts. Even as new most of the parts are so loose that they are practically worthless. Used ones on Bricklink are even worse. This is the only exception for which I have been considering to try out the Chinese copycats from Ebay or Alibaba, because paying multiple euros for one single and often bad condition battle droid just does not feel fair...

3 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

I really hope they update b1 droids and then release mtt and battle pack,those droids are absolutely terrible,they age so badly,they get so loose and you cant even move their legs for stop motions. Same with super battle droids,their legs part break so easily i am scared to touch them or display them. Have to keep both versions of droids as well as commando droids in zip bags or they will just get destroyed without me touching them.

Yep, sad but true.

6 minutes ago, Samppu said:

Additionally I would wish to have an update on the chest piece, because it is supposed have a uniform "box" appearance for the top part. The Lego mold, however, has a big hold in the chest piece that is not supposed to be there and that does not need to be there for any functional reason. I believe this would make a huge improvement on the looks.

The hollow space and hole is what allows the Battle Droid to curl up into is "resting" position. The remaining gaps seem to be there to allow the head and legs free range of motion. Battle droids need to get into this compact position to fit into many of their vehicles, including the recently released AAT.

When it comes to the legs, I agree that what we have isn't perfect, but due to the B1s looking like lithe skeletons, I don't think the additional width needed to accommodate individual legs would be an improvement.

56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This was apparently done because someone claimed the razor crest name already? I don't know what that person's plan is besides getting into a court battle with lucasfilm...

It's the SCP Foundation all over again. :laugh:

I'll toss my vote into the keep-Battle-Droids-as-is camp, maybe they could strengthen the clips so they don't break as easily, and as someone mentioned, perhaps an update/tweak of the Super Battle Droid figure. I honestly think the Battle Droid is a remarkable figure design, since it's gone 21 years without any meaningful changes (the straight arm was helpful, but didn't change much).

If they did update it, I'm sure we'd all adapt, but I think it's pretty amazing Lego got it so good on the first try.

33 minutes ago, Archer said:

The hollow space and hole is what allows the Battle Droid to curl up into is "resting" position. The remaining gaps seem to be there to allow the head and legs free range of motion. Battle droids need to get into this compact position to fit into many of their vehicles, including the recently released AAT.

Lego's Battle Droid is very functional, to be sure. Any updates could create problems that reach further than the figure itself. It may not be 100% movie accurate, but it's better than we like to give credit for.