MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel bad for you guys, that set is IMO one of the best in the past few years.

One of the best sets released in years based on one of the most iconic scenes in movie history, yeah sure LEGO let's just make it an exclusive :ugh:

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

One of the best sets released in years based on one of the most iconic scenes in movie history, yeah sure LEGO let's just make it an exclusive :ugh:

Didnt LEGO said that there will be no more region exclusives since Chinese New Year sets? I am pretty sure i heard multiple youtubers saying it. If that was prequel or tcw set i would be pretty pissed off.

And Bad Batch thing is awesome,we are most likely getting a shuttle with 1 or 2 members and other 2 will be spread in other sets cause LEGO is greedy like with those sequel guys and Night Buzzard(my sequel knowledge is trash),which hopefully means 2-3 tcw sets or even better for peoples wallets shuttle and all of them in it. Would be awesome to get MTT,but i doubt it would be based on superior 2007 one which is kinda dissappointing.

You sure it means the Bespin Duel will be an US exclusive? I took from the video that it will be sold for US exclusive at Target and not that it will be sold only in the US.

11 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

You sure it means the Bespin Duel will be an US exclusive? I took from the video that it will be sold for US exclusive at Target and not that it will be sold only in the US.

Not that I watched the video, but I imagine if they said something along the lines of "It's a Target exclusive in the US", then that's probably the case. I highly doubt they would region lock it, especially since SDCC was cancelled anyway.

The Bad Batch theory is interesting, and I would imagine them making it into Winter or Spring next year in some form. They could even do a 4+/Action Battle-esque MTT if they wanted to.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL?!

First Supergirl at DC Fandome, now this?! Why does every set with limited availability have to be US exclusive?

40 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

It is not a US exclusive. It is available exclusively at Target within the US. It is also available exclusively at ToysRUs within Canada. Time will tell if it is available in other countries, as exclusives or otherwise.

Edited by jdubbs
I believe it's also available at LEGO Stores in those countries.

34 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

It is not a US exclusive. It is available exclusively at Target within the US. It is also available exclusively at ToysRUs within Canada. Time will tell if it is available in other countries, as exclusives or otherwise.

It should coz it Always is. Never heard of a SW set that is regional exklusive, just different promos sometimes

34 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Never heard of a SW set that is regional exklusive, just different promos sometimes

LEGO Star Wars 20th Anniversary Darth Vader Bust (75227)?

Bought the HP and SW Advent calendars for Kohl's today. Everyone out there going crazy for 501st battle Packs, and I'm just here excited to finally get my little Pit Droid :-)

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It seems it's just a target exclusive in the US, meaning it's not that it's exclusive to the US but exclusive to Target for the sets in the US.

I think it was just worded unclearly.  "Available only at Target in the US" probably meant "In the US, it's a Target retail exclusive" but that also could be taken to mean "It's only available at US Target stores and nowhere else."

10 hours ago, Chill said:

I'm more excited for this calendar than I have been for some of the other recent ones.  And I've really enjoyed the last coupe years.

Good for u. But there is a lot of people who did not enjoyed ST and they vote with valets and dont support ST related stuff and Disney is already recognizing it - hence the Mandalorian show and many OT stuff.

So we will see which camp has bigger purchasing power on the amount of ST product released.

Too bad about the lack of battle packs (at least for now), but will Microfighters still be a thing next year? While not the most amazing sets to ever exist, I still look forward to them every year :sweet:

I read this comment regarding the availability of the Bespin Duel set in the Brickset article:

By BrickBan in Croatia, 18 Aug 2020 18:08

«I sent an email asking about availability in Europe to the customer service and a week ago they said it will be exclusive to North America. Maybe they changed their mind but I am not sure. I hope it is not a regional exclusive.»

I hope the same, this is probably the best small diorama set produced so far. It will look very good on display, for intance on a desk. Fingers crossed.

9 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

LEGO Star Wars 20th Anniversary Darth Vader Bust (75227)?

Even forgot that one existed, where was that one available?

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Even forgot that one existed, where was that one available?

Pretty sure it was a Target exclusive in the US as well.

What we're forgetting is that originally, the Bespin Duel was intended to be released at SDCC. Just like last year's Vader and Sith Trooper busts (which came out at Target later, at least Vader did). Since Comic Con was cancelled (in person attendance at least), they simply skipped to the store release. If it is only available in the US/Canada, it's somewhat reasonable, considering the set's initial release plan.

I do concur that it's frustrating if you aren't in the US, however.

6 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

What we're forgetting is that originally, the Bespin Duel was intended to be released at SDCC.

Wasn‘t it supposed to be an exclusive for SW Celebration though? :wink: Either way, they‘ve clearly stated that convention exclusives are exempt from the new region-exclusivity rules, so this (annoyingly) makes sense

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wasn‘t it supposed to be an exclusive for SW Celebration though? :wink: Either way, they‘ve clearly stated that convention exclusives are exempt from the new region-exclusivity rules, so this (annoyingly) makes sense

Additionally, I feel they likely haven't produced enough sets for wide distribution. Massively disappointing, but totally to be expected.

I feel bad for worldwide markets if they do indeed miss out on this and have to import. That said the fact that a region is getting something that was going to be exclusive to events that could not pan out is nice. Plus, breaking down the set, the only exclusive part is a plaque and the boxart/instructions. If this included a new figure or radically rare pieces then I would not give Lego excuses.

So we’ve known for a while know that some people have seen the price listing for the next wave... why have none of them said them/released them yet? Is there a benefit/necessity to waiting?

27 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

So we’ve known for a while know that some people have seen the price listing for the next wave... why have none of them said them/released them yet? Is there a benefit/necessity to waiting?

Usually when people opt not to share info, it's because 1) the original source of the information asked that it remain private and not be posted publicly, or 2) the information comes from an unproven source or needs to be verified. There are people who love to make up bogus set lists, descriptions, etc., and no one wants to get burned by circulating info that turns out to be junk, because people on these forums tend to blame the messenger when that happens. And, even seemingly-reliable information sourced from Target's, Walmart's, and yes LEGO's own computer systems have proven to be wrong in the past, so you can never be 100% sure of anything.

I am surprised the price list has not leaked publicly by now. It's been circulating among the Instragramers for a month or more now, and yet they've all shown uncharacteristic restraint in not rushing to be "FIRST!" to post it. I suspect it's only a matter of time, though. Just... keep your expectations low (and you can only be pleasantly surprised).

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Usually when people opt not to share info, it's because 1) the original source of the information asked that it remain private and not be posted publicly, or 2) the information comes from an unproven source or needs to be verified. There are people who love to make up bogus set lists, descriptions, etc., and no one wants to get burned by circulating info that turns out to be junk, because people on these forums tend to blame the messenger when that happens. And, even seemingly-reliable information sourced from Target's, Walmart's, and yes LEGO's own computer systems have proven to be wrong in the past, so you can never be 100% sure of anything.

I am surprised the price list has not leaked publicly by now. It's been circulating among the Instragramers for a month or more now, and yet they've all shown uncharacteristic restraint in not rushing to be "FIRST!" to post it. I suspect it's only a matter of time, though. Just... keep your expectations low (and you can only be pleasantly surprised).

So I guess another Snowspeeder is in the wave?:iamded_lol: