MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

Evazan has no mutilated nose print? And no arm printing for Ponda Baba? Well, you can't have everything. I think Dr Evazan should have dark grey hair though. 

They only give characters noses if it's a very important part of the character, even though it stands out I wouldn't say his nose is particularly important to properly depict Dr Evazan :shrug_oh_well:

51 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They only give characters noses if it's a very important part of the character, even though it stands out I wouldn't say his nose is particularly important to properly depict Dr Evazan :shrug_oh_well:

Was gonna say he doesn't have a nose let alone a mutilated one! But actually, the nose is the most grotesque part of his appearance and they might well have shied away from including that disfigurement on a toy deliberately. (Poor Anakin doesn't get the same consideration)

14 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I'm not sure I deserve that credit, as it was Renown who first hinted at them. I just sort of clarified what his hints were about.

I'll admit that I knew about those two figures coming before I knew how they fitted into things.

I quite like the new head piece for Ponda and Evazan will probably look better once we can see the face wrinkles more clearly. I hope these aren't our only new characters in the set but I'm happy to see these icons finally get their due.

58 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I think we’ll get around 15/20 minifgures to be honest. 

They can include a grand total of 3 as long as one of them is Garindan.

4 minutes ago, Redroe said:

There are good custom of Jim, better than Ponda so for me there is not really a must have figure, just not to many repats.

think this det is becoming the most anticipated set for me since the ewok village.

6 hours ago, Redroe said:

But then who would pilot the 12 luke's landspeeders included in the set? :laugh:

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I think we’ll get around 15/20 minifgures to be honest. 

betrayal at cloud city was the same price and had 21 figures, so I think you're right in that it'll be around 20 for this one.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

betrayal at cloud city was the same price and had 21 figures, so I think you're right in that it'll be around 20 for this one.

But there will be a lot of repetition from previous sets. I predict:

Luke, Obi Wan, Han, Chewie, R2 & 3p0

Greedo, Wuher, 3 Bith, Hammerhead

2x sandtrooper

Ponda Baba, Garindan, Evazan

Random astromech droid

If we get many additional molds, then I will count us extremely fortunate.

Hm, yeah. Biggest problem for me is that it doesn't really compute into a cool set.

The cantina building / interior itself isn't super exciting so the there are limits to what they can do with it. We probably won't be getting a lot of new molds so most of the wacky clientele will be missing. The predictions above sounds reasonable (give or take a few patrons). That leaves 4 figures that would be very cool (Ponda Baba, Garindan, Evazan, Hammerhead), + Wuher (since I didn't get the previous cantina), 10 repeat figs and maybe a few surprises.

Hope I'm wrong and they pull it off...

Imagine seeing one of the most anticipated sets of the year release and buying 200 copies just to sell the figures at ridiculously high prices. I really ******* hate scalpers :ugh:

Screenshot_85.png

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Imagine seeing one of the most anticipated sets of the year release and buying 200 copies just to sell the figures at ridiculously high prices. I really ******* hate scalpers :ugh:

Screenshot_85.png

I hope no ones stupid enough to actually buy from them.....

So does anyone have any notice on the Duel on Bespin distribution?

I read on the brickshow that it will be only available on Toys R Us Canada... Is that correct?

36 minutes ago, legolord said:

So does anyone have any notice on the Duel on Bespin distribution?

I read on the brickshow that it will be only available on Toys R Us Canada... Is that correct?

Target in the US & I presume LEGO Stores worldwide. Not limited edition AFAIK and can tell.

44 minutes ago, MandRproductions said:

Target in the US & I presume LEGO Stores worldwide. Not limited edition AFAIK and can tell.

The barcode price tag is already out at Target in the US (although for some reason, reading as $69.99 which is definitely wrong), so it will definitely be coming soon, probably around the same time as the rest of the sets.

1 hour ago, MandRproductions said:

I don't think that is the case. This set is listed for all authorized vendors in the United States. Through my work, (local toy store) we were able to purchase a case (4), and are able to put them out on August 1st (Yes I know that is weird, but all the new Star Wars sets are allowed to be sold, but they weren't even available to ship from the warhorse till August). This could all be a mistake, but my work has never been able to purchase "store exclusives", but I know for a fact that this is a set we can carry for the retail price of $40.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just don't buy from them then, if you don't like how much they're selling them for. In this case, it costs more to get three troopers than it does to buy the set containing them and more figures and builds, so people will only buy from them if they're really impatient to ge their hands on those figures or want to buy them in such a large quantity that it's not feasible to get them from stores. (I guess he might actually get business in the latter case, if you're buying them in quantities that large you're probably missing some common sense :laugh:)

1 hour ago, MandRproductions said:

That's good to hear.

@jpipes7261 What store do you work at that you've already got the sets out in the US?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Just don't buy from them then, if you don't like how much they're selling them for. In this case, it costs more to get three troopers than it does to buy the set containing them and more figures and builds, so people will only buy from them if they're really impatient to ge their hands on those figures or want to buy them in such a large quantity that it's not feasible to get them from stores. (I guess he might actually get business in the latter case, if you're buying them in quantities that large you're probably missing some common sense :laugh:)

That's good to hear.

@jpipes7261 What store do you work at that you've already got the sets out in the US?

We don't have them out on shelves now, but a letter said that we "could". Shipping takes for ever, so even if we do get the shipped, the earliest we would have them out is a week before.

18 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

I don't think that is the case. This set is listed for all authorized vendors in the United States. Through my work, (local toy store) we were able to purchase a case (4), and are able to put them out on August 1st (Yes I know that is weird, but all the new Star Wars sets are allowed to be sold, but they weren't even available to ship from the warhorse till August). This could all be a mistake, but my work has never been able to purchase "store exclusives", but I know for a fact that this is a set we can carry for the retail price of $40.

Ah well then I guess it's not JUST Target but I knew it would be at Target in the US at the very least. Just wanted to stop the "THIS IS A CANDA EXCLUSIVE" fools. It'll probably show up after all the other Summer stuff though.

Just now, MandRproductions said:

Ah well then I guess it's not JUST Target but I knew it would be at Target in the US at the very least. Just wanted to stop the "THIS IS A CANDA EXCLUSIVE" fools. It'll probably show up after all the other Summer stuff though.

Yeah, either way I'm just happy they didn't go the route they took with the Vader busts from last year.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really ******* hate scalpers :ugh:

Saddest thing in all of this is that lego store croatia is currently selling AAT for 60 $ and i get better deal by buying it from scalpers on bricklink for 45$-50$.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Saddest thing in all of this is that lego store croatia is currently selling AAT for 60 $ and i get better deal by buying it from scalpers on bricklink for 45$-50$.

I feel you. Lego stores in the middle east sell microfighters for 20$, battlepacks for 30$ and obiwans hut sized set for 60$. Those are the good prices too, the new Poe Dameron xwing is 247$ and the sith TIE was 180$, no i am not typing random numbers in. I remember theres was a clearance sale and the constractions were 25$, the solo train set was 100$, and the old battlepacks (literally the TFA resistance battlepack) was 18$, on sale, atleast 50% off, let that sink in.

Edited by SCREDEYE

12 hours ago, Redroe said:

But there will be a lot of repetition from previous sets. I predict:

Luke, Obi Wan, Han, Chewie, R2 & 3p0

Greedo, Wuher, 3 Bith, Hammerhead

2x sandtrooper

Ponda Baba, Garindan, Evazan

Random astromech droid

If we get many additional molds, then I will count us extremely fortunate.

Those are good choices but i'd nix R2 and C3-P0 as they aren't in the cantina and usually you don't get all the figs in the scenes, oh you want them, get the other tatooine sets like the landseppeder and obi wan hut kinda deal. 

52 minutes ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

Those are good choices but i'd nix R2 and C3-P0 as they aren't in the cantina and usually you don't get all the figs in the scenes, oh you want them, get the other tatooine sets like the landseppeder and obi wan hut kinda deal. 

I'm just going off what they've done previously. R2 was in Cloud City and hardly contributes much to those scenes except a smoke screen and a funny line about a computer. Whereas "hey! We don't serve droids" seems enough reason to throw them into a cantina set. But I'm firmly convinced it's going to be spaceport, rather than cantina. Give them a little door to hide behind.

4 hours ago, MandRproductions said:

Thanks for clearing it up. Good to know that I can get the new Vader for a better deal now haha