MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

35 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The new leak seems really warped on the edges of the figures, and the guy that posted it was also circulating false info on the Cloud City set before. I'm not convinced until I hear something from Falconfan or see unedited images.

Someone educate me. Who is this Falconfan?

Dr Evazan looks really good, great figure! Idk what but something about Ponda Baba looks really off :sceptic:

1 minute ago, Redroe said:

Someone educate me. Who is this Falconfan?

One of the biggest and most reliable leakers we've got

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Dr Evazan looks really good, great figure! Idk what but something about Ponda Baba looks really off :sceptic:

I was thinking that too, but looking back at ANH, I think the problem is that the actual Ponda Baba just looks really weird. The figure’s accurate, it’s just a screwy character design that works in the cantina because the lighting in there is terrible. 

I really like those minifgures, they both look great. I love the fact that we didn't end up getting an Imperial Shuttle, this will be a much more interesting set.

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

At first it seemed to me that the head mold is just too big. I searched Ponda Baba on google images and the character’s head is larger than I remembered (which makes the mold more accurate), but the lower part of the face still seems way too wide. I think I need to see a better pic to know for sure.

Is that a new hairpiece for Evazan? It doesn’t look exactly like the Tarkin hairpiece.

Ponda looks good. Verdict still out for Dr evazan for me, but the image is too blurry (although I may be biased towards the firestartoys version, since I forked out money for it last year thinking Lego would never make a figure of him :laugh:)

My S@H order arrived today (perhaps the fastest I've ever seen them deliver!). I'm actually quite surprised at how much I like the AAT, while it's not strictly accurate, I feel it's well designed overall, not underdeveloped, and has some really nice part usage. My Ahsoka minififure has a couple of misprints on her smirking face though, a white line above her top lip, and two faint white lines above each of her cheek markings. May get in touch with Lego customer service about it and see if they can send a new one out. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The tusks (or whatever those things are) look like they go down too far on the torso to me.  Evazan I agree looks fantastic, but I'm reserving judgement on Ponda until we get better pictures.

And considering jdubbs was the one to originally mention these pics, I'd assume they're probably legit.

26 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

And considering jdubbs was the one to originally mention these pics, I'd assume they're probably legit.

I'm not sure I deserve that credit, as it was Renown who first hinted at them. I just sort of clarified what his hints were about.

Only found one pic and I'm not sold on Ponda Baba. Looks like someone pulled rhe head off an action figure and glued it on.

Just now, Redroe said:

Only found one pic and I'm not sold on Ponda Baba. Looks like someone pulled rhe head off an action figure and glued it on.

There is only one pic and it's legit.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I thought the same at first, something was off with his head, but I agree with @starwarslotrluvva. Ponda Baba himself is just weird looking.

Apparently the 501st battle pack is selling out in europe, that bodes well for getting more stuff like that in the future.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I'm not sure the Ponda fig is real. But I've had some more proof that the Mos Eisley set is indeed coming. Just no confirmation on what figs will be in it or what it will look like.

Huh, color me surprised if Mos Eisley turns out to be legit! Really did not think LEGO would do that as a larger set than they already have.

The figures look fine to me. Ponda Baba's head definitely looks a bit off but it's not bad. Hopefully we'll see more of the figures soon. Fingers crossed for Momaw Nadon.

Figs look great IMO!

I am honestly stunned TLC would make Ponda and dr. Evazan. I always thought that arm-choping scene was too bloody to be made into Lego form (even if the arm must stay on).

If we get any more new moulded minifigs in this set, then it’s really a bonus IMHO

Edited by Bantha Fodder
Typo!

Love the figures two, looks better than the custom version I have of him as well, don't mind the gigantic head =)

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There is only one pic and it's legit.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt it's legit. Still not sure I like it, though. As many others have said, it matches the real thing better than my wrong impression.

23 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Yep. That was my reference pic before I got on my high horse about rubbish molds. :blush: He is not called walrus man for nothing. 

8 hours ago, starwarslotrluvva said:

Is that a new hairpiece for Evazan? It doesn’t look exactly like the Tarkin hairpiece.

It's Tarkin's hair. Might be the lighting for you.

Evazan could be uglier (but I'd have to see clearer pics), though I do like Ponda (assuming this is legit). The head only looks weird because they prioritized the vertical profile over the depth of the face. The "nose/bridge" is ever so slightly long, it should be literally a micrometer shorter, but overall it does look nice.

3 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

All these years and I never noticed his mustache. :laugh:

18 hours ago, Redroe said:

Not the helmet: just the torso. The belt area matches the movie versions but the chest plate has the bolder lines and shading of the CW versions.

I always assumed they were just updating the 2002-07 print to be more realistic. It's far closer to the 2014-19 style than 2008-10's animated clones.

I think the Ponda head is a littel bit to long. The head hangs a little too much over. Even do lego allready had an Aqualish head. In the Freemakers TV-show, there is a character called Furlac and his head has a perfect size for a Lego minifigur. Just give him a beard and everything is good.

latest?cb=20160903041211

All in all there are many fitting (of the size) alien heads in the Freemaker TV show.

6 minutes ago, Macropus said:

In the Freemakers TV-show, there is a character called Furlac and his head has a perfect size for a Lego minifigur. Just give him a beard and everything is good.

latest?cb=20160903041211

The old old old Lego Original Trilogy game had a great little aqualish head as well, more similar to the above and probably less accirate as a result. Still, we take what we can get.

Evazan has no mutilated nose print? And no arm printing for Ponda Baba? Well, you can't have everything. I think Dr Evazan should have dark grey hair though.