MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

19 minutes ago, legocaptainrexfan said:

Just to let you all know that the 501st   battlepack is currently restricted to one per household. These things are selling like hot cakes 

That's odd, when I ordered I was able to get two. Maybe they imposed it shortly after release? 

13 minutes ago, Willsy said:

That's odd, when I ordered I was able to get two. Maybe they imposed it shortly after release? 

Yeah it happened quite quickly. They know we all want them ?

19 minutes ago, legocaptainrexfan said:

Yeah it happened quite quickly. They know we all want them ?

They definitely did impose a restriction after release. Apparently Australia had a limit of 15! It sold out within 10 minutes.  I am curious about whether the 501st packs will hit the U.S. this evening. They are the only new set simply marked "Coming Soon" with the description saying "new for August 2020", although that may be generic for all regions.

Edited by HutchProDucktions

2 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

I'm so angry right now. I had enough VIP points for £5 off and was going to get one 501st BP, but accidentally selected vouchers for instore (why is it seperate?!?!?). After doing a bit of searching I decided to order without the discount because I'd buy more stuff later and I ordered it than it said it's on 60 day back order :damn: 

I made that mistake too once... Needless to say I pay a lot more attention when redeeming points now.

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

EDIT: a full shot of the homescreen has now also leaked. The characters in it are: Maz, Kylo, Boba, Ackbar, Maul, Ben kenobi, Chewy, Han, Windu, Luke, Rey, Leia, 3po, R2, Vader, Wicket, Jar Jar, Grievous (appears to be a brand new figure), Rose, Phasma, Yoda, Finn, Poe and Lando.

The home screen looks great. Love the different character poses! Just needs a few more PT era characters mixed in to make it better. I mean how can you not have young Obi-Wan and Anakin in there? Where is Padme? :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, wesker said:

The home screen looks great. Love the different character poses! Just needs a few more PT era characters mixed in to make it better. I mean how can you not have young Obi-Wan and Anakin in there? Where is Padme? :cry_sad:

It is kind of weird they have jar jar but not anakin. Might be something about not wanting multiple versions of the same character or something. As for Padme, lego is notorious for a lack of padme. We've had what, 3 padme figures in the last decade?

2 hours ago, HutchProDucktions said:

They definitely did impose a restriction after release. Apparently Australia had a limit of 15! It sold out within 10 minutes.  I am curious about whether the 501st packs will hit the U.S. this evening. They are the only new set simply marked "Coming Soon" with the description saying "new for August 2020", although that may be generic for all regions.

I'm debating staying up all night monitoring lego.com in the case your fever dream is real. I'm not missing out on this set! :laugh:

1 hour ago, wesker said:

how can you not have young Obi-Wan and Anakin in there? Where is Padme? :cry_sad:

It's an egregious oversight. Also, if anyone should have the top spot, it should be Luke. (honestly thought Rey was Luke before looking closer).

This is outrageous! It's unfair! :laugh:

I do like Han's pose a lot though, it's somehow very in-character.

Hi All,

I don't frequent the star wars thread much. But just wanted to know if anyone knows what's going on with the Ahsoka and 501st battle packs in Australia? Target and Kmart seem to have all the new sets listed except for these two. Anyone know if they are delayed or something? Still find it a bit weird that Kmart never got any of the new Jurassic World sets ever, so things have been a bit weird here! :-/

5 hours ago, wesker said:

Where is Padme? :cry_sad:

Is she safe..? Is she all right..? 

Just checked Lego.co.uk and the 501st are sold out here in Britain as well. 

Luckily argos still has them (if any other Brits are looking) so mine should be arriving this afternoon!

8 hours ago, legocaptainrexfan said:

Just to let you all know that the 501st   battlepack is currently restricted to one per household. These things are selling like hot cakes 

When I ordered mine, the limit was 5 and on backorder. I ordered 2. Woke up this morning and they've cancelled my whole order! (It had a couple of mario sets in too). Quite annoyed.

Got my 501st pack - now to try and cancel my LEGO shop order :damn:. £35 is just too much for the AAT in my opinion and I will wait until I can find a discount on it, I don't need it right away. I'm not suprised that the 501st and the AAT sold out super quickly but I was not expecting the AT AT to go that fast as well. I guess pre orders had been up for a while for it. A Level results day is in a few weeks and if I get the grades I want I was going to treat myself to it (haha thanks covid). Hopefully there will be more stock by then

My order is currently in the warehouse, I'm really concerned they're going to cancel it because I ordered 2 501st packs  :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, Willsy said:

My order is currently in the warehouse, I'm really concerned they're going to cancel it because I ordered 2 501st packs  :sceptic:

If it's made it to the warehouse you'll be fine. I once tried cancelling something that was in the warehouse and they said it was too late. (They had to deliver it for me to post it back to process the refund...)

Anyway thanks @Redroe I "Lego shop rage quit" and ordered from Amazon :laugh_hard:. Shame I won't get the back to school gift though for my son.

The thing that gives me hope about getting this set (Bespin Duel) is that this instruction is not only available on US website - it's also available in other countries, with "Bepsin Duel" being translated to other languages. I really hope this means everyone will be able to get it.

1 hour ago, azzer86 said:

If it's made it to the warehouse you'll be fine. I once tried cancelling something that was in the warehouse and they said it was too late. (They had to deliver it for me to post it back to process the refund...)

Anyway thanks @Redroe I "Lego shop rage quit" and ordered from Amazon :laugh_hard:. Shame I won't get the back to school gift though for my son.

Hoping you're right! I was saving VIP points for months specifically to get a second 501st pack, would be so disappointing if they cancelled! 

Going through Amazon isn't so bad, there will likely be delays with S@H given that so many new sets have gone live at once. This happened in March and created a huge backlog for them at the warehouse. 

8 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Hi All,

I don't frequent the star wars thread much. But just wanted to know if anyone knows what's going on with the Ahsoka and 501st battle packs in Australia? Target and Kmart seem to have all the new sets listed except for these two. Anyone know if they are delayed or something? Still find it a bit weird that Kmart never got any of the new Jurassic World sets ever, so things have been a bit weird here! :-/

Yeah as an Australian here too I checked Big W and Myer and they seem to have everything but those two sets too. 

Amazon UK now out of 501st! At MSRP anyway. If you want to spend 40 quid you can get one. 

8 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Hi All,

Its a supply issue. The four remaining sets that haven't hit retail yet (501st, AAT, Night Buzzard and AT-AT) should be coming sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Can someone post the Amazon (US) link to the 501st battle pack and AAT? I'm not able to find it on their site, which is very strange if others have found it.

11 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Hi All,

Hello there! From what I remember from pasts posts of australians on this thread the last few years, australia's retailers have weird pricing and availability for sets. I'd try amazon or lego.com.

1 minute ago, Sportzjester said:

Can someone post the Amazon (US) link to the 501st battle pack and AAT? I'm not able to find it on their site, which is very strange if others have found it.

The people who found it found it in the UK, where the sets released today. For us Americans we have a month to go before we can buy the sets.

Or not, target.com lists them with an august 15th release date.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hello there! From what I remember from pasts posts of australians on this thread the last few years, australia's retailers have weird pricing and availability for sets. I'd try amazon or lego.com.

The people who found it found it in the UK, where the sets released today. For us Americans we have a month to go before we can buy the sets.

August 15th!!! Thanks for the heads up. 

Found that the best thing to do is to go in or call in the days prior and ask to put one on hold. Got the Mandalorian BP on release date before they were even put on shelves at a nearby Target.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

August 15th!!! Thanks for the heads up. 

Found that the best thing to do is to go in or call in the days prior and ask to put one on hold. Got the Mandalorian BP on release date before they were even put on shelves at a nearby Target.