MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

39 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What's set per case? 

When retailers buy lego to sell in their stores, they are required to buy, buy the case. Usually 2-3 aside from battle packs and smaller sets. As for $30 sets, they are usually 3 to a case, so a store would get around 6 at a time. It seems that just the 501st battle is now 4 in a case, compared to 3.

2 hours ago, jpipes7261 said:

When retailers buy lego to sell in their stores, they are required to buy, buy the case. Usually 2-3 aside from battle packs and smaller sets. As for $30 sets, they are usually 3 to a case, so a store would get around 6 at a time. It seems that just the 501st battle is now 4 in a case, compared to 3.

$30 sets with the “thinner” box style like the 501st set have always come 4 to a case. At least since 2016. 

Heads up for UK folks, John Lewis seem to have all the new sets in stock except for the AAT and 501st (which have sold out already). 

10 hours ago, samspagoot said:

$30 sets with the “thinner” box style like the 501st set have always come 4 to a case. At least since 2016. 

But the "thinner" box usually is not for $30 sets. The most recent account of the thiner box was the clone scout walker, and before that only the clone wars combat speeder. Anyways, it was a smart move for the thinner box.

The ITS Transport is available for preorder on Lego.com. I don't know how long it's been available or if it's already been mentioned.

8 hours ago, Willsy said:

Heads up for UK folks, John Lewis seem to have all the new sets in stock except for the AAT and 501st (which have sold out already). 

Oooooh, does this include the IT-S?

EDIT figured I could just look myself... No IT-S by the looks of it. Will just have to wait for those to come back in stock

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Smyths has pre order. 

Funny that one of the selling points for the AT AT is "spacious cockpit" and it shows a pic of two pilots sat on Veers' knee. :pir_laugh2:

8 hours ago, Willsy said:

AAT and 501st (which have sold out already)

Dang, the two I wanted... but then I guess that tells the story! 

Now my brain and my wallet are slugging it out on whether or not to buy the Night Buzzard (KoR transport ship - ridiculous)

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

Now my brain and my wallet are slugging it out on whether or not to buy the Night Buzzard (KoR transport ship - ridiculous)

oh that should be an easy decision

Picture

21 minutes ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

Picture

So basically no space for more than one minifigure?

26 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

So basically no space for more than one minifigure?

my understanding is that what's on the (back of the) box is how it is: an incredible waste of $70

With so many good sets coming (AT-AT, 501 BP, Razor Crest, ESB duel vignette and UCS Cantina ), don't spend 70$ on a barely noticable 3 seconds ship from discutable source material. 

Seeing the reviews for that set was pretty disappointing. With its size i knew there wouldnt be a lot of usable space inside, but jeez. Having just the jail cell inside is such a rip off.

9 hours ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

Picture

Decision made.

I'll put my money toward Mos Eisley.

In fact the more I look the more baffled I am. It's the shell of the ship but it's not like there isn't empty space that could have sat at least two more figs. 

I haven't a single TROS set, and this would have made the exception but I don't see the value at all. The sequels continue to leave me in a sad place.

7 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

barely noticable 3 seconds ship from discutable source material

What you say is true. The question is one of quality. Jakku Quadjumper is one of my all time favourite sets even though my opinion of TFA has slipped a couple of notches after watching its follow-ups. Poor Knights of Ren. 

Edited by Redroe

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

The question is one of quality. Jakku Quadjumper is one of my all time favourite sets

Agree! Despite it just blows up in the movie, the quality of the model, the space inside and the color scheme are very good.

11 hours ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

my understanding is that what's on the (back of the) box is how it is: an incredible waste of $70

It will eventually go on sale for $56 but even then I will probably just buy the KoR figs separately and save some $$$. Such a disappointing set.

1 hour ago, NewEngland_IV said:

It will eventually go on sale for $56 but even then I will probably just buy the KoR figs separately and save some $$$. Such a disappointing set.

It's £15 at least for one of the existing KoR figs. Probably one of those cases where you might as well have a pile of useful parts left over with the figs you want.

Brothers brick rips apart the KoR ship, saying its not worth the money, not a great nor stable build and essentially you're paying £70 for two knights of Ren and some black and grey plates that kind of clip together

15 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

Brothers brick rips apart the KoR ship, saying its not worth the money, not a great nor stable build and essentially you're paying £70 for two knights of Ren and some black and grey plates that kind of clip together

Can't wait to see what Jang has to say about it! 

I am actually all for seeing more ships done smaller and less intensely detailed - but there is a right way and a wrong way. See slave 1 from Cloud City. Fingers crossed that Mos Eisley cantina/spaceport has a Falcon.

5 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I am actually all for seeing more ships done smaller and less intensely detailed - but there is a right way and a wrong way. See slave 1 from Cloud City. Fingers crossed that Mos Eisley cantina/spaceport has a Falcon.

Really hope they don't waste pieces on anything flying and especially not a Falcon, but we fans have so many different preferences, they never make everyone happy. 

But regarding the Night Buzzard, yeah, they probably should have added another 30 €/$ and one more figures plus making it a more solid build with enough space for all the knights, something similar to the I-TS. Well see if they will regret it.

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Really hope they don't waste pieces on anything flying and especially not a Falcon, but we fans have so many different preferences, they never make everyone happy. 

I can absolutely see the appeal of a huge and detailed cantina, but its not for me. I'd rather see different bits of Mos Eisley with the cantina as one of the major builds (the others being the Falcon and a semi circle docking bay 94, and some smaller connecting parts: other buildings, a beastie etc).

There is a false rumor going around on Instagram with a list of minifigs for the Cantina and a description of the set. Don't fall for it!

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

There is a false rumor going around on Instagram with a list of minifigs for the Cantina and a description of the set. Don't fall for it!

I won't fall for it but i will go and read it!

It's supposedly a prediction, but the person does state "it probably will be this."
Sounded like a lot of wishlishting, though, if you ask me.

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

I've been hoping the Cantina comes with a mini Falcon too, I'd love to see the crashed ship too near to it too