MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

It's a Technic set that got cancelled just a few weeks before official release. I won't get into the details here, but there's some recent Brickset posts about it and an entire thread dedicated to discussing it in the Technic forum if you're interested.

You mean like a SW technic set?

14 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

You mean like a SW technic set?

No, it doesn't have anything to do with Star Wars, I assume the post mentioning it was just referring to questionable decisions by Lego recently.

27 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Check on reddit in the LEGO Star Wars area. 

I like the aesthetic of this set and definitely going to get this instead of the Death Star Duel now because that Vader is the only thing worth getting haha. Hopefully it'll be available for all...

Found it thanks

'what was the equivalent for the Bespin Duel to the ANH 40 anniversary?

I like the design of the box, but the build itself is nothing special I think (The absence of the landspeeder is not confirmed so I'm still complaining)

Edited by Sneakguest

15 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

'what was the equivalent for the Bespin Duel to the ANH 40 anniversary?

I think it was the Death Star detention block with Luke and Han in Stormtrooper armor. 

Bespin Duel looks like they cut off a section from the Betrayal at Cloud City set and stuck it in a box. I guess Darth with shoulder printing is ok.

Might get it if they package it as a freebie with the upcoming Moss Eisley set - will help reduce some of the sting of buying that by selling the bonus after on Ebay.

5 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

No, it doesn't have anything to do with Star Wars, I assume the post mentioning it was just referring to questionable decisions by Lego recently.

Yes, I was.

I'm really wondering how they plan on distributing the bespin set. Will there be a raffle? Are they just going to drop it on the website, first come first serve?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So do we know how the Bespin Duel is going to be made available? LEGO stores? Shop@Home?

It will most likely be a set available from Shop@Home 

4 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Might get it if they package it as a freebie with the upcoming Moss Eisley set - will help reduce some of the sting of buying that by selling the bonus after on Ebay.

It's supposed to be a $40 set, that's definetely not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

*cough* https://brickset.com/sets/40433-1/1989-Batmobile *cough*

I’m not saying it’s going to happen, far from it, but at least it’s not entirely unprecedented :laugh:

But that Batmobile didn't come with the most desirable characters from a $100 and $350 set, that's what makes me think it definetely won't happen 

Any words when they may announce how you get that bespin set? Cause i really want only few AAT sets and if i buy them day 1 in August i cant find anything else star wars related to get for that promo,or is it leaning more for gifts with purchase with cantina set?

2 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Any words when they may announce how you get that bespin set? Cause i really want only few AAT sets and if i buy them day 1 in August i cant find anything else star wars related to get for that promo,or is it leaning more for gifts with purchase with cantina set?

It'll most likely just retail for $40 as the rumors are suggesting, LEGO would be pretty stupid to give this away for free if you'd ask me

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It'll most likely just retail for $40 as the rumors are suggesting, LEGO would be pretty stupid to give this away for free if you'd ask me

I agree,thanks.

Didn't the rumours say that the Bespin Duel would be a $40 D2C set? The box seems to be pointing in that direction for sure. 

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

Didn't the rumours say that the Bespin Duel would be a $40 D2C set? The box seems to be pointing in that direction for sure. 

It seems to just be going with the 18+ sets like the helmets.

Is there a contest to see how many different people can ask the exact same question? Because if so this thread is definitely winning. 

5 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Is there a contest to see how many different people can ask the exact same question? Because if so this thread is definitely winning. 

When people have no answers, they ask questions. Maybe someone didn't have time to read last few pages or counted on some new info coming out.

Just a theory but maybe the Bespin set was intended just for an early release at celebration but would’ve still been released everywhere later cause otherwise I think it would have some kind of logo for the convention :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Thieda said:

Just a theory but maybe the Bespin set was intended just for an early release at celebration but would’ve still been released everywhere later cause otherwise I think it would have some kind of logo for the convention :shrug_oh_well:

Regardless of how it WAS going to be released, glad to know we may now get in soon :)

Just now, namioik said:

Regardless of how it WAS going to be released, glad to know we may now get in soon :)

Yes I’m glad it’s not just the at-at for the 40th anniversary :thumbup:

So LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga sadly is a no-show at the Xbox Games Showcase. The marketing for this game, or lack there of, is really starting to annoy me. The release is in less than 3 months (assuming it hasn't been delayed) and we haven't seen a single second of gameplay. Disappointing :sad:

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga sadly is a no-show at the Xbox Games Showcase. The marketing for this game, or lack there of, is really starting to annoy me. The release is in less than 3 months (assuming it hasn't been delayed) and we haven't seen a single second of gameplay. Disappointing :sad:

I actually forgot the game was still supposed to come out this year :grin: