MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, FeepoGerbin said:

Where’s everyone seeing the Bespin Duel? I can’t find it

The usual place (#legoleaks on Insta)

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The usual place (#legoleaks on Insta)

Thanks. Interesting how this is in the adult line, despite being fairly small compared to others in the line. If we started getting more display-oriented small to mid-size sets that would be really, really great.

Bespin set looks good!  I probably will pass on it since I already have Cloud City (and now that this Mos Eisley set seems to be coming for sure, I'd rather put the $40 towards that), but it's a nice way to get the figures and it's a good display piece for sure.  

With the release of this Bespin Duel set, are there any exclusive minifigures remaining in the Death Star Duel set/is there any reason for people who own the old version to get the new one now?

Just now, legozebra said:

With the release of this Bespin Duel set, are there any exclusive minifigures remaining in the Death Star Duel set/is there any reason for people who own the old version to get the new one now?

Palpatine just has a different hood, besides from that there's nothing exclusive about that set's figure

I think it will be like a regular Lego shop exclusive set since the 2017 Star Wars celebration set didn’t have a set number but this one just has a regular number with the summer sets 

Looks neat, simple yet effective design. LEGO at its best! I wasn't going to pick it up but I may end up doing so after all, depending on availability.

I wonder if LEGO would consider doing more vignette sets like this for general purchase rather than con exclusives, sort of like a mini-UCS line.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Wow, this Bespin set is amazing! Definitely want to get it since it's gonna be sold at Lego stores. And since it's a cheaper way to get new Vader, I won't have to get new DS 2 duel since I have 2015 version.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I REALLY hope that I'll be able to get this set where I live, because it's absolutely AMAZING. 

I hope it’s not like a US store (like target) exclusive or something :hmpf_bad:

Just now, Thieda said:

Yup, that's exactly what I think. Set like this should be sold on the internet and not only in stores.

Ugh I can’t find pictures anywhere! It seems everyone deleted them already. Would anyone be willing to dm me a pic? I’d love to see this set.

Just now, Peppybricks said:

Ugh I can’t find pictures anywhere! It seems everyone deleted them already. Would anyone be willing to dm me a pic? I’d love to see this set.

Yeah, they're getting pretty hot on it on Instagram. You should be able to find pics on a site that rhymes with geddit.

Just now, Peppybricks said:

Same. I must have just missed them.

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Palpatine just has a different hood-

Sold!

-----------------

While the set would indeed make a nice desk piece, 40USD/50CAD isn't pocket change when there's a new MBS set coming out. I remember when a set with ~250 pieces and 2 figures used to retail for 30CAD. Those were the days...

17 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Yeah, they're getting pretty hot on it on Instagram. You should be able to find pics on a site that rhymes with geddit.

Thanks. Found it. 

Very cool set! I wonder how common that Vader figure will be in the future.

3 hours ago, LurkingEhlek said:

Okay so hear me out. Anakin's Lavaspeeder.

As for the cantina rumor, I am going to temper my own expectations. While it is fun to talk about a brick built ronto, or the ubikkian coms tower, or every patron with a molded head, the only thing we have to go on now is a higher than expected piece count. Now there are some filler builds I could see, like a jawa junkyard stall, a cubby for 3PO and R2 to hide in, and plenty of landspeeders. Everyone has a right to speculate and it has been rather tame compared to other instances, but easing on the brakes never hurts.

The youtuber jangbricks made a lavaspeeder on his second channel as a riff on the sandspeeder.

48 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Just remember it was supposed to be a Star Wars celebration exclusive

So limited release....I hope they announce when it will go on sale and don't just randomly drop it on the website.

Bespin duel set looks amazing, especially with the vader from the final duel!

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement, unless they once again decide to reuse Mustafar Anakin and Obi-wan in another set:hmpf_bad:

Even that, I promise to bite mi tongue if the Cantina set is descent enough without a landspeeder and atleast 4-5 new figures. 

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I really want to see a brick-built Ronto in this set, they're one of the few special edition changes I like and they wouldn't really make sense in any other set.

I'm not sure you want to do that, between those designer interviews and them canceling the osprey set that's already in retail stores. :laugh:

Dude, I sense some humor in here, but must admit, I don't get it. Osprey set???

On 7/21/2020 at 5:42 PM, Lego-Freak said:

I think it was mentioned at least once in a designer video :wink: Besides, the proof is in the pudding when you look at how many D2C sets before 2014 featured new moulds 

Yeah but even if the mention it, did they actually state it was a "rule", and if they did, why? doesn't make any sense...

1 hour ago, Thieda said:

Even if some sets are exclusive to certain NA stores, doesn't mean you cannot get them. All sets are still sold through lego store/shop. It's only if you don't have a lego store or lego is shipping to a specific country you have a problem, which Im sure it's not the case in Nederland

1 minute ago, Sneakguest said:

Dude, I sense some humor in here, but must admit, I don't get it. Osprey set???

It's a Technic set that got cancelled just a few weeks before official release. I won't get into the details here, but there's some recent Brickset posts about it and an entire thread dedicated to discussing it in the Technic forum if you're interested.

1 hour ago, samsz_3 said:

I can't find photos of the bespin set on the usual hashtags...

Check on reddit in the LEGO Star Wars area. 

I like the aesthetic of this set and definitely going to get this instead of the Death Star Duel now because that Vader is the only thing worth getting haha. Hopefully it'll be available for all...