MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Oh, so you meant the opposite, okey, well it's the first time I hear about it and to be quite honest, it doesn't sound like something that would have been a rule, is it written somewhere?

I think it was mentioned at least once in a designer video :wink: Besides, the proof is in the pudding when you look at how many D2C sets before 2014 featured new moulds 

3 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

There's already been pages of speculation about that. Every character who appeared in the cantina scene has already been brought up, along with some who weren't and were just around Tatooine. At this point we just don't know until we see leaks or an official reveal.

We have discussed the minifigures, but not so much the build. At this point it is, ofcourse, just speculation, but given the 3200+ pieces is correct, then in my opinion the set must have other builds than just the cantina.

Some rumors also also point towards a «Mos Eisley» set, and not just a cantina set. 

in my opinion its more likely That we will see a build containing parts of the streets of Mos Eisley, some allys, and some other buildings than the cantina Itself, maybe even a mini hangarbay/space-port. I personally would love the Ubrikkian trade tower to be part of the set. 

At 3200+ pieces its even likely that we would see some mini spaceship builds, a-la MBS cloud city and UCS DS. 

2 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

We have discussed the minifigures, but not so much the build. At this point it is, ofcourse, just speculation, but given the 3200+ pieces is correct, then in my opinion the set must have other builds than just the cantina.

Some rumors also also point towards a «Mos Eisley» set, and not just a cantina set. 

in my opinion its more likely That we will see a build containing parts of the streets of Mos Eisley, some allys, and some other buildings than the cantina Itself, maybe even a mini hangarbay/space-port. I personally would love the Ubrikkian trade tower to be part of the set. 

At 3200+ pieces its even likely that we would see some mini spaceship builds, a-la MBS cloud city and UCS DS. 

I actually don’t know what I want from it, weather it’s just a build concentrating just on the Cantina or like you say a build with the cantina and other things. 

4 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

At 3200+ pieces its even likely that we would see some mini spaceship builds, a-la MBS cloud city and UCS DS

Maybe that's where the original shuttle rumour came from (and leaked info was miss interpreted?) as a small scale shuttle build like slave 1 in CC. It would be nice to have a shop, a different speeder vehicle or something.

Hopefully I can integrate my two tatooine models into a larger MBS scene and really flesh it out with alleyways, a junk/scrap area etc.

4 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

I'd imagine we'll see a mini Falcon with landing hangar.

Wow, 3200 pieces is pretty massive if that's true.  Cloud City was 2800 and probably a couple hundred of that was just building a foundation/skeleton to lay the floors/sections into, something a Cantina/Mos Eisley build obviously wouldn't need.  The last two Cantinas were about 375 and about 600 pieces each, with some parts on each going towards speeder builds, so I feel like you could realistically do a moderately full-scale Cantina with 1700-2000 pieces or so, I guess depending on how many specialized wall parts are used.  So I would agree that it makes sense for there to be other areas of Mos Eisley, even if the Cantina were to be the "central" focus of the  set.  Hope for Garindan increases!

And yeah, while I'd like to get a different landspeeder build (not Luke's, one of the other random ones around Mos Eisley), I think the Falcon would make the most sense/have appeal, especially since people absolutely loved the midi-scale Slave I included in Cloud City.

1 hour ago, 2maxwell said:

A mini Falcon would take up a huge amount of the piece count. I doubt we'd get that.

Not necessarily. As long as it fits one or two figures, people would be able to recreate the scene where the heroes escape Mos Eisley in its entirety. Just like the TIE Advanced in the Death Star or the Slave I in CC, it just needs to be a chibi version of the ship.

------------------------------

On a scale of 10 to 10, what are the odds we get another landspeeder in this set? I also think I'm looking forward to the figures as much as I am to the build itself. Hopefully we finally get the Imperial Spy!

23 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

On a scale of 10 to 10, what are the odds we get another landspeeder in this set? I also think I'm looking forward to the figures as much as I am to the build itself. Hopefully we finally get the Imperial Spy!

10. Just not Luke's. There's the green one with triple-vertical engines. I think that would make for a cool design. No way we're getting a new Luke's Landspeeder, we just got one in January.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Wow, 3200 pieces is pretty massive if that's true.  Cloud City was 2800 and probably a couple hundred of that was just building a foundation/skeleton to lay the floors/sections into, something a Cantina/Mos Eisley build obviously wouldn't need.  The last two Cantinas were about 375 and about 600 pieces each, with some parts on each going towards speeder builds, so I feel like you could realistically do a moderately full-scale Cantina with 1700-2000 pieces or so, I guess depending on how many specialized wall parts are used.  So I would agree that it makes sense for there to be other areas of Mos Eisley, even if the Cantina were to be the "central" focus of the  set.  Hope for Garindan increases!

And yeah, while I'd like to get a different landspeeder build (not Luke's, one of the other random ones around Mos Eisley), I think the Falcon would make the most sense/have appeal, especially since people absolutely loved the midi-scale Slave I included in Cloud City.

That's true. They could do a massive cantina compared to what we've seen before and still have enough parts for a speeder, some street, maybe even a hanger and midi-scale falcon.

4 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

10. Just not Luke's. There's the green one with triple-vertical engines. I think that would make for a cool design. No way we're getting a new Luke's Landspeeder, we just got one in January.

You underestimate lego's obsession with that vehicle! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

Not necessarily. As long as it fits one or two figures, people would be able to recreate the scene where the heroes escape Mos Eisley in its entirety. Just like the TIE Advanced in the Death Star or the Slave I in CC, it just needs to be a chibi version of the ship.

Definetely not 2 figures, that would be the same scale as the normal Falcon sets. I could see 1 seating place work but then it would still be a pretty sizeable build.

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

How much you want to bet on that? Knowing LEGO there’s 90% chance Luke’s land speeder is in the set.

Not holding my breath for multiple buildings. I think the set will be more along the lines of:

• Cantina as the primary build
  • Hideout for R2-D2 and C-3PO - either as a small stand alone build or incorporated into the Cantina itself
  • Landspeeder
  • Ubrikkian 9000 Pod
  • Swoop Bike
  • At least one brick built creature (Bantha, Dewback or Ronto) with water trough
  • Possibly a small market stall or portion of shipwreck debris

25 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

How much you want to bet on that? Knowing LEGO there’s 90% chance Luke’s land speeder is in the set.

Never tell me the odds!

A small falcon like the Slave I in BaCC would be awesome.

I remember that Hans, the designer of BaCC, mentioned in an interview that he wished to include a small falcon in BaCC too.

So maybe he also designed the cantina and we see the falcon soon. Hopefully we see a Ronto! :D

8 hours ago, azzer86 said:

Hopefully I can integrate my two tatooine models into a larger MBS scene and really flesh it out with alleyways, a junk/scrap area etc.

That could be the case. Obi-Wan’s Hut has a couple of white clips in the back which could potentially be attached to another set. Luke’s Landspeeder (the last one just release or any of the older models) will fit in easily.

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

If they dont include the landspeeder, I swear im not gonna say even a tiny winey word about lego rest of the year, no matter what they do

8 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

So maybe he also designed the cantina and we see the falcon soon. Hopefully we see a Ronto! :D

I really want to see a brick-built Ronto in this set, they're one of the few special edition changes I like and they wouldn't really make sense in any other set.

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

If they dont include the landspeeder, I swear im not gonna say even a tiny winey word about lego rest of the year, no matter what they do

I'm not sure you want to do that, between those designer interviews and them canceling the osprey set that's already in retail stores. :laugh:

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement, unless they once again decide to reuse Mustafar Anakin and Obi-wan in another set:hmpf_bad:

47 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement, unless they once again decide to reuse Mustafar Anakin and Obi-wan in another set:hmpf_bad:

Okay so hear me out. Anakin's Lavaspeeder.

As for the cantina rumor, I am going to temper my own expectations. While it is fun to talk about a brick built ronto, or the ubikkian coms tower, or every patron with a molded head, the only thing we have to go on now is a higher than expected piece count. Now there are some filler builds I could see, like a jawa junkyard stall, a cubby for 3PO and R2 to hide in, and plenty of landspeeders. Everyone has a right to speculate and it has been rather tame compared to other instances, but easing on the brakes never hurts.

Haven’t been keeping up with leaks lately but is the Bespin duel set gonna be a convention exclusive or just be available to buy from LEGO shop?

8 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Haven’t been keeping up with leaks lately but is the Bespin duel set gonna be a convention exclusive or just be available to buy from LEGO shop?

I believe it will be available for purchase for everyone. Set looks nice and a cheaper way to get Vader with arm printing

Just now, namioik said:

I believe it will be available for purchase for everyone. Set looks nice and a cheaper way to get Vader with arm printing

Also the number is 75294 which lines up with the regular retail sets. Definitely getting this set! :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Thieda said:

From Lego stores as far as we know.