MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

I said one of the coolest not the coolest. I agree its matter of preference.
Death Watch and senate commandos ftw.

Thanks for answering @jdubbs, idk how i would feel about Star Wars CMF instead of battle packs. I guess it would be great if they made them every year like CMF series. Would still like to have something like this 30$ 501st set for army building with some useful builds/vehicles. Hopefully they finally get permission to sell separate figures then we can get accessory packs and old magnets back.

Death watch 100%, we need figures of the live action ones!

There were rumors of a marvel CMF awhile back, if those turn out to be true than I think it's possible lego could have gotten the same thing for star wars. And if they have the ability to make a star wars CMF, they will. Those things would sell exceptionally well, and as a bonus for us fans would be a way to get obscure characters or ones that don't easily fit into sets.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Well of course they are! :laugh:

#wewanta212thbattlepack! :grin:

Jokes aside a $15 battle pack with 4 different clone legions would be nice, and seems like it would sell so well, I'm not sure why they haven't done one since 2007.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

12 hours ago, jdubbs said:

If there's one thing I've learned on this forum, it's that there will be disgruntled AFOLs, always, no matter what.

On this at least, I think we are all agreed. :laugh: 

I reckon the Child is a pretty safe bet to be revealed at SDCC, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bespin or Ponda Baba hints were related to it as well. Especially Bespin, it would make a lot of sense to reveal another ESB set at a convention.

Hi everyone. Not sure if anyone else has posted about this but I noticed an error in the design of the new 501st jet trooper. It looks whoever designed it made the standard 501st trooper first then removed the blue stripe on the helmet to but forgot to get rid of the bit between the brim and the visor. 

jet trooper error.png

1 hour ago, CallumPears said:

Hi everyone. Not sure if anyone else has posted about this but I noticed an error in the design of the new 501st jet trooper. It looks whoever designed it made the standard 501st trooper first then removed the blue stripe on the helmet to but forgot to get rid of the bit between the brim and the visor. 

They also gave it the wrong legs. which is a much bigger error in my opinion.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

21 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So the Lego Skywalker Saga is up for preorder in some places so I guess there’s no exclusive figure polybag

That is disappointing if true. Could that be another thing we see at SDCC? We still don't have an official release date yet.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So the Lego Skywalker Saga is up for preorder in some places so I guess there’s no exclusive figure polybag

I don't think that's necessarily the case. There's more than likely a deluxe edition that includes the season pass as usual but that hasn't been made available yet. I'm fairly confident it'll have an exclusive minifig like usual too. I'm sure preorders for the deluxe edition will drop once they officially announce the release date. SDCC At Home seems most likely.

Edited by ToaDraco

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hasn't it only been the deluxe edition that gets a polybag?

5 hours ago, CallumPears said:

Welcome to eurobricks! That's a good find! I'm not personally too bothered by it since it's not that obvious, but good eye!

4 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

They also gave it the wrong legs. which is a much bigger error in my opinion.

I was looking on bricklink, and unfortunately there isn't anything any more accurate than those legs, either. 

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hasn't it only been the deluxe edition that gets a polybag?

Actually yes. I don't know about the Force Awakens, but DC Supervillains at the very least kept Luthor to the deluxe edition.

So in his latest news video MandR says that from information he's gathered from sources he thinks there is a chance the 501st set and a few others MAY be released early. 

1 minute ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

So in his latest news video MandR says that from information he's gathered from sources he thinks there is a chance the 501st set and a few others MAY be released early. 

At this point I'll trust his info, from the video it sounds to me like certain retailers in the US at least may get ahold of it early. I think he specifically says the 501st set and three others he doesn't name, and seemed to imply the date could be as soon as the day of filming the video.

Actually yes. I don't know about the Force Awakens, but DC Supervillains at the very least kept Luthor to the deluxe edition.

So there's still hope for a polybag. *cough* rebel friend and minikit *cough*

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So there's still hope for a polybag. *cough* rebel friend and minikit *cough*

While I wouldn’t mind that, there has never been a polybag with contents THAT specific to its respective game :wink: I could be wrong, but I can’t think of a polybag that featured a minifig based on a character invented for the game specifically.

Moreover, we’ve never had a build in any of these polybags based on something that only exists in the video game world. Unless you count Lex Luthor’s Kryptonite weapon in LB2, which was probably based on something from the comics though :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It's been up for pre-order (at least in my country) for more than half a year tho.

Also, the version that includes a polybag is the deluxe edition, which we've heard literally nothing about.

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Strong hint from a designer in a Brickset interview that there are going to be getting more Mandalorian sets I think https://brickset.com/article/52445/interview-with-star-wars-designers-75292-the-razor-crest-and-jedi-fallen-order

Interesting interview! There is a clear chance to get future Mandalorian sets according to what has been mentioned here and taken the popularity of the show and the existing sets. Hopefully something from season 2 next year, as there will be exciting charaters (and possibly ships).

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Strong hint from a designer in a Brickset interview that there are going to be getting more Mandalorian sets I think https://brickset.com/article/52445/interview-with-star-wars-designers-75292-the-razor-crest-and-jedi-fallen-order

Interesting, they don't seem quite as enthusiastic about Fallen Order sets though :sad:

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

While I wouldn’t mind that, there has never been a polybag with contents THAT specific to its respective game :wink: I could be wrong, but I can’t think of a polybag that featured a minifig based on a character invented for the game specifically.

Moreover, we’ve never had a build in any of these polybags based on something that only exists in the video game world. Unless you count Lex Luthor’s Kryptonite weapon in LB2, which was probably based on something from the comics though :shrug_oh_well:

I'm not really thinking it's going to happen, you're right in that it'd be very unlikely for a licensed game.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Strong hint from a designer in a Brickset interview that we are going to be getting more Mandalorian sets I think https://brickset.com/article/52445/interview-with-star-wars-designers-75292-the-razor-crest-and-jedi-fallen-order

Their response all but confirms to me that beskar mando's coming in a later set. Smart move from a business perspective, especially if the child isn't in the same set as beskar mando.

It looks to me like at the very least fallen order doesn't have any sets in late stages of development. It's possible they have a set in the pipeline, but from the way the designers were talking it sounds like there won't be anything. Which is sad, fallen order is in my opinion one of the best pieces star wars story content since The Empire Strikes Back.

16 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

My theory is that Ryan knows which stores dont really care about street dates and that he will just drive there and pick up the sets when that certain store gets the shipment,which he can find out by a simple phone call. 

Nice to get some information on more Mandolorian sets, but honestly I don't get their reasons for not including Kuill as they already had mold for uggnaug head. I mean it wouldn't be that difficult to make new print for torso for a set they planned to release almost 1 year after character debuted.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Nice to get some information on more Mandolorian sets, but honestly I don't get their reasons for not including Kuill as they already had mold for uggnaug head. I mean it wouldn't be that difficult to make new print for torso for a set they planned to release almost 1 year after character debuted.

Wanting to spread desirable minifigs over multiple sets is a good strategy, from a financial point of view :wink: Could they have included all six KoR or all members of the Black Order in the same set? Sure, but nobody in their right mind would do that

3 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Interesting, they don't seem quite as enthusiastic about Fallen Order sets though :sad:

Their excuses for not doing Fallen Order sets is a load of bantha poodoo. "Who knows where these characters may show up later..." meanwhile we get minfigures of The Joker. Nothing against that, but come on. The logic is weak. Plus, as one commentor mentioned, we get T-rated sets all the time (Overwatch, 3 Battlefront packs, freaking Stranger Things, which I never would've dreamed would be a Lego theme). James Bond's Aston Martin, Simpsons, I could go on. If there's no issue with those, then anything Star Wars is a safe bet.

But sure, "it might be inappropriate." Like we haven't got figures of a literal mass murderer multiple times now (:vader:).

Sorry for the rant, but it's such crap.

As to more Mandalorian sets, I think those were a given, seeing as how the show has exploded in popularity. After all, we still need the Beskar suit, Kuill, and even Moff Gideon. Sets will need to be a bit more creative, but there's some cool things they can do.

19 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

As to more Mandalorian sets, I think those were a given, seeing as how the show has exploded in popularity. After all, we still need the Beskar suit, Kuill, and even Moff Gideon. Sets will need to be a bit more creative, but there's some cool things they can do.

We got so many different TIEs over the last years, Gideon's TIE wouldn't come as surprise.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

I interpreted it as saying that even if they have preliminary images of a character, if it's a CGI or motion capture character, the production team tends to do more tweaking to those at the last minute, whereas they can't really do that as easily if it's an actual human in costume, so they air on the side of caution and wait to see the final product with those types of characters.  At least, that's what I got out of it.  

59 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Their excuses for not doing Fallen Order sets is a load of bantha poodoo. "Who knows where these characters may show up later..." meanwhile we get minfigures of The Joker. Nothing against that, but come on. The logic is weak. Plus, as one commentor mentioned, we get T-rated sets all the time (Overwatch, 3 Battlefront packs, freaking Stranger Things, which I never would've dreamed would be a Lego theme). James Bond's Aston Martin, Simpsons, I could go on. If there's no issue with those, then anything Star Wars is a safe bet.

But sure, "it might be inappropriate." Like we haven't got figures of a literal mass murderer multiple times now (:vader:).

I'm surprised no one's brought up the force unleashed set yet. I don't remember the game all that well, but I think it was a fair bit more mature than fallen order. 

Which, by the way, isn't any worse than your average star wars film. I'm guessing that they have some other reason that they don't want to say for some reason.

35 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

We got so many different TIEs over the last years, Gideon's TIE wouldn't come as surprise.

I agree, I think specifically we've had one TIE a year at least since 2015, always from the new content for either that year or the previous year. (2015= FO specforces TIE-force awakens, 2016=TIE striker-rogue one, 2017=TIE silencer-last jedi, 2018=TIE fighter with solo figures-solo, 2019=Vonreg's TIE-Resistence, 2020=TIE dagger-rise of skywalker). Gideon's TIE is the logical next step, I wonder what light side ship they'll have alongside it, since it's usually a light side and dark side starfighter.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

I think it's more so that they want the characters to be spread out across waves. 

I think you missed the point about Fallen Order a bit, they're not saying they won't include those characters in sets if they feel it's relevant, they just don't want to do sets directly based on the game. It's not really anything to do with minifigs. That being said I completely agree with you, the reasoning is pretty odd especially compared to other things they've done recently.