MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That hood looks (or would look) fantastic on some minfigures, but it just doesn't work on the others.

It worked great for Knight of Ren, and it would work for (for example) Scarecrow or Taskmaster, but it doesn't work for Kenobi or Palpatine, and it probably wouldn't work on other Jedi.

It's got a more sinister look to it, although Ironically I think it would work well on some jedi but it doesn't on palpatine.:laugh:

Anyone else bothered by the clones being the only  animated style figures, it's weird to see them put in the same sets as Obi-wan or Ahsoka  who just use the generic Minifig artstyle

5 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Anyone else bothered by the clones being the only  animated style figures, it's weird to see them put in the same sets as Obi-wan or Ahsoka  who just use the generic Minifig artstyle

The Rebels Stormtroopers and OG CW Clones were far more cartoonish, so it doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that they changed the perfectly normal movie design, even for non-show figures, like the Airborne Trooper.

7 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

The Rebels Stormtroopers and OG CW Clones were far more cartoonish, so it doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that they changed the perfectly normal movie design, even for non-show figures, like the Airborne Trooper.

I'm not too bothered by the changes themselves, just that the changes in design seem to be constant. Like you said, they don't look nearly as cartoonish as the rebels stormies and TCW clones. If they stay as this for at least a few years I'll be happy.

IG suggests that the stormtrooper will be in an upcoming Lego SW magazine polybag/free gift for August. If you're on the fence or don't own the new helmet (like myself) it might be a cheap way to pick one up and see how you feel about it in person rather than from pictures?

Do we know much more about the UCS Shuttle? How certain are folks that this is going to be out this year?

Hoping that it's the Tyderium with the heroes in forest camo to differentiate it from the previous release that came with Imperial figures (+Jedi Luke).

1 hour ago, stevej said:

Do we know much more about the UCS Shuttle? How certain are folks that this is going to be out this year?

Hoping that it's the Tyderium with the heroes in forest camo to differentiate it from the previous release that came with Imperial figures (+Jedi Luke).

It’s just a rumor

6 hours ago, stevej said:

We know nothing, and it’s not certain at all; the earlier rumor that it would be the Death Star II is no less credible. It’s better not to start speculating about details, because people routinely take speculation here as fact that transforms into ‘confirmed leaks’ on Instagram. 

A leaker has already said that it's not the DSII a few months ago. The Shuttle is the most likely candidate at the moment, no one has said it's not that, but it's still unconfirmed.

On 4/20/2020 at 12:02 PM, ginja said:

Edited by ginja
Quoted incorrectly

On 6/21/2020 at 3:19 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That hood looks (or would look) fantastic on some minfigures, but it just doesn't work on the others.

It worked great for Knight of Ren, and it would work for (for example) Scarecrow or Taskmaster, but it doesn't work for Kenobi or Palpatine, and it probably wouldn't work on other Jedi.

I agree with that and even had the same examples in mind. I don't dislike the piece and it's always good to have variety but I do much prefer the older hood piece for Jedi and Sith characters.

On 6/22/2020 at 6:46 AM, stevej said:

If we get Endor fatigues for Luke, Leis, and Han then I might consider buying it since I already have the old one.

4 hours ago, Elrond said:

I agree with that and even had the same examples in mind. I don't dislike the piece and it's always good to have variety but I do much prefer the older hood piece for Jedi and Sith characters.

Agreed. The old hood piece doesn't work for so many characters, but it works fine on the characters they're using the new hood on now! It's great to have a new piece, but Jedi and Sith look better with the old one!

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 6/22/2020 at 12:46 PM, stevej said:

I see four possibilities:

1. Endor rebels (like in the 2015 version)
2. Luke and Vader (like in the 2010 UCS version)
3. Palpatine, his guards, Vader, maybe stormtroopers (like in the 2001 and 2005 versions)
4. Rogue One Vader, stormtroopers, and a scared rebel trooper with the Death Star plans

Since Rogue One is pretty well liked I'd say the last option is within the realm of possibility, but I think it's more likely to be based on Palpatine's arrival scene.

Edited by Graupensuppe

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

I see four possibilities:

1. Endor rebels (like in the 2015 version)
2. Luke and Vader (like in the 2010 UCS version)
3. Palpatine, his guards, Vader, maybe stormtroopers (like in the 2001 and 2005 versions)
4. Rogue One Vader, stormtroopers, and a scared rebel trooper with the Death Star plans

Since Rogue One is pretty well liked I'd say the last option is within the realm of possibility, but I think it's more likely to be based on Palpatine's arrival scene.

I'd love for it to be based on palpatine's arrival, it'd be a way to get the arm printed Vader without having to buy another final duel since I own the previous one. That said, the final duel would have more or less the same figures, save for maybe Jerjerrod or a shuttle pilot in place of Luke, so they might not do that combination of figures for the sake of the final duel.

Unlock codes for Lego SW: TSS:

75279 Advent Calendar - Snow Gonk (character)

75291 Death Star Final Duel - Emperor Palpatine (character)

75292 Razor Crest - Razor Crest (ship)

75293 Resistance I-TS Transport - I-TS Transporter (ship)

https://www.promobricks.de/skywalker-saga-unlock-codes/103609/

So I think this pretty much confirms that those codes just unlock various things faster, they wouldn't make Palpatine exclusive to a set.

The only thing that COULD be exclusive is Snow Gonk. Advent Calendar code has a different styled information and it's a very specific character. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Oh, thanks for that!
Yeah, I was wondering about the significance of those codes, fearing (as you stated) that the codes are the only way to unluck the attached characters/vehicles for the game.
Reeeaally hope that's not the case in general.

Regards,
Mitch

Seems odd that they'd throw in Palpatine as an "early unlock" character since the devs have already said you can jump straight to any movie you want (assuming he's unlocked just for completing RotJ). Oh well, good to see it's (hopefully) not exclusive content for the most part.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Unlock codes for Lego SW: TSS:

75279 Advent Calendar - Snow Gonk (character)

75291 Death Star Final Duel - Emperor Palpatine (character)

75292 Razor Crest - Razor Crest (ship)

75293 Resistance I-TS Transport - I-TS Transporter (ship)

https://www.promobricks.de/skywalker-saga-unlock-codes/103609/

So I think this pretty much confirms that those codes just unlock various things faster, they wouldn't make Palpatine exclusive to a set.

The only thing that COULD be exclusive is Snow Gonk. Advent Calendar code has a different styled information and it's a very specific character. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Yeah I have a feeling that the Snow Gonk will be exclusive.  This is complete conjecture, but I feel like the codes from the other sets will be the same across the board, since it's just early unlock, whereas the Advent Calendar codes will be unique (since it looks to be a different style) and each one is only usable once.  At least, that's probably what I'd think they would do in order to assure people have to buy the set.

3 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Seems odd that they'd throw in Palpatine as an "early unlock" character since the devs have already said you can jump straight to any movie you want (assuming he's unlocked just for completing RotJ). Oh well, good to see it's (hopefully) not exclusive content for the most part.

I think it makes sense, he's the main villain after all so he'll probably be tough to get otherwise.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Yeah I have a feeling that the Snow Gonk will be exclusive.  This is complete conjecture, but I feel like the codes from the other sets will be the same across the board, since it's just early unlock, whereas the Advent Calendar codes will be unique (since it looks to be a different style) and each one is only usable once.  At least, that's probably what I'd think they would do in order to assure people have to buy the set.

I'm fine with him being exclusive. It's not like palpatine, where he's an iconic character. (I was also going to say it's not like he'll be all that powerful, but of course Gonk droids are the most powerful characters in the lore :laugh:)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Don’t mind a redo of the Shuttle but was kind of hoping for a big playset. I guess they got burned by the reactions to Insult on Hoth and (to a lesser extent) Betrayal at Cloud City, but I’d love a MBS style version of Moss Eisley, Jabba’s Palace, Skariff Beach or even the arena from a Episode II.

1 hour ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Looks like UCS Death Star, Millennium Falcon and Y-Wing are all retired. 

What location is that in? Here in the UK S@H has the UCS Death Star on back order and the UCS MF is still available.  Never realised that the Y-wing had gone into retirement.

Edited by Hold0511

7 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Looks like UCS Death Star, Millennium Falcon and Y-Wing are all retired. 

They are temporarily out of stock, not retired