MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The advent calendar looks great, one of the best for a few years I reckon. Rudolf the red-nosed tauntaun is pretty neat.

Great to get more pics of the IT-S transport. I wasn't crazy interested after the leaks, but seeing more pictures of it makes it look pretty appealing.

Soulless One continues to be one of the most baffling decisions made by LEGO.

Does anyone know if the Skywalker Saga codes are included in the sets, or are they codes that you find in the game? I assume the former, but I don't want to have to pick up certain sets just to complete the game...

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Wow, so low res pics were accurate! Both Obi-Wan and Anakin have reused torsos with burn marks from Mustafar set! Now that's a defenition of Lego being lazy! Would it kill them to make torsos without burns!

5 minutes ago, A. Skywalker said:

Very disappointed with the Night Buzzard!

There is no space for Knights of Ren inside it!

To me the boxart is way weirder. Why didn't they use the Rise of Skywalker boxart style?

I don't want to come off as a hater but this really doesnt look like a good wave at all.

The advent calendar looks awesome and has very interesting mini builds which arent even draws for most people.

The resistance transport is probably the only well designed set from that set of pictures but 90 pounds for a brick the U wing engines and a hammerhead cockpit is hard to justify. I may pick it up for being niche.

The AAT is honestly very blocky like it was made in minecraft. Reducing the top size and increasing the bottom breadth should have been part of the design process, this design is a step back from the previous iteration.

The knights of ren ship looks like a glorified micro fighter, I dont think the gunner seat figures can go in the ship and have to stick out, the interior space isnt being advertised which is concerning too.

The new final duel set looks like a nice visual upgrade but is too expensive.

I dont see any of the Vader's having printed arms.

The rest of the wave isnt worth commenting on imo, overall a very expensive year for lego with little to show.

4 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

The Vader that comes in the Death Star duel set has printed arms and new leg printing. If you go to Brickset and look at their complete set of images for the set, it is clearly visible there.

More thoughts on those sets:

• I hate how Anakin and Obi-Wan reuse Mustafar torsos

• I love that AAT has space inside

• Night Buzzard looks incredible on the exterior, but the interior is... well it's nonexistent

• I love that Soulless One has space for Grievous' lighstaber collection

• I would have preferred a much smaller Final Duel set, not a rerelease of an old set that's overpriced 

• Darth Vader looks phenomenal, finally arm printing 

• Resistance Transport is a fantastic set

• Advent Calendar is one of the best ones we've ever gotten, those sweaters are incredible

Now for the codes... 3 sets (4 if you count Razor Crest) have codes. I wonder if this is one of the "unlock earlier" codes, or is it actually an exclusive code? This would mean that 2 minfigures and 2 vehicles are only unlockable by purchasing a set, which would make me pretty mad. I hope that's not the case.

That Darth Vader minifgure :wub:. The Resistance Ship looks really good. 

Mixed feelings about this wave but the final images did manage to change my mind about some of the sets. 

Advent Calendar: Uninteresting imo. I don't care for any of the builds and the only figure I'd like to have from this set is Jedi Rey, not a fan of the Christmas figures.

AAT: The main gun is way larger than it should be but overall this looks much better than the first pictures we got. Ahsoka and the 332nd Trooper are very cool but this set isn't worth $40 imo.

Night Buzzard: It's so small! The exterior does look very good but they might as well have skipped the interior completely. Not having the other 4 Knights also detracts from this set so I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

Death Star Duel: I actually really like this set, much more than I did from the earlier picture. Vader's armprinting is great and the overall build looks good. What turns me off about this set is the price, there's no way in hell I'm ever gonna drop $100 on this set. Pass. 

I-TS Transport: It's nice to have something new and refreshing and the transport does actually look very good. But I'm not paying $100 for a vehicle I barely know just to get Vi Moradi. 

23 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

The new final duel set looks like a nice visual upgrade but is too expensive.

tn_75291_Back_04_jpg.jpg

On 6/16/2020 at 6:19 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

More info about the Bespin Duel set:

• it's set number is 75294

• price is around $40

• it's coming in September

• it will be available in "Lego Brand Stores"

Do you guys know if Lego Brand Store can also refer to Shop@Home? I mean on the internet.

If this set includes Bespin Luke and the new Vader with arm printing, that actually sounds like a great value. It would probably be cheaper than if you bought them both on BrickLink or something. 

So of course overpriced and so on but best wave since years:

final duel is indeed an improvement! Vader update, more space, the whole scene looks much better with the side add ons

The blue transport ship looks also decent - not so much interior but at least no visible holes, not so many exposed colours.

I dont care at all about sequel ship BUT it really seems to cover a lot of detail. Making more space for figures would mean loosing the propper proportions. So you guys and gals want it at a higher price point, worse looks or what?

2 minutes ago, YoshiInstinct said:

I hope LEGO changes the torsos for Obi-Wan and Anakin, I don't get why they kept the burn markings from the mustafar set

There's no way they'll change it, it's in the official pictures and everything.

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

It seems the Summer sets are delayed until September 2020 for the US. Europe still August. 

US can't catch a break can we?

Anyway, I'm gonna have to get that Vader, so good on you Lego. *slow clap* Impressive, most impressive.

Glossy pictures make these sets look good, but then you remember the prices...:sick:

AAT looks to be literally a "repaint" of the 2015 one, so I can't wait to compare the two. That cannon is still atrocious, and it looks like the third base cylinder is actually a cone? That will complicate things. The shape is decent, but far too long it is.

Soulless One is just a sleeker version of the 2010 set, for $30 more. Thank God for Walmart discounts, since I'm sort of interested, and of course the new Airborne will be quite rare on the secondary market.

Ever since someone pointed out the wrong legs for the Jet Trooper, I've been a bit soured on them, was it really so hard to give 4 different clones 3 different leg prints? Lego is lazy and cheap, but still.

Anakin's Fighter looks a little better than the 2014 version, like extremely slightly different, but I don't need another R2 and Headset Anakin. The ship itself is fine, but the updates are so slight, it's essentially the same set.

No love for the Night Buzzard. Shocking, I know. I do like how Lego had to change the name. "Knights of Ren Transport Ship" really rolls off the tongue. :tongue:

I'm going to decide which version of the Final Duel I'll get. If I spring for the 2015 version, I'll end up getting Vader on his own. Also, I don't really like the soft capes for certain figures, and the 2 Royal Guards I own have the old style, so I'll probably bricklink more of those figures. The build itself is mirrored, if you will, with the reactor and the collapsing platform having switched sides. Still not enough for a remake, but it's...something.

Also, I love DS sweater Vader. I need DS sweater Vader! It's also useful for civilian figures, so there's that.

I'm probably going to use the IT-S for a civilian longhauler, it's got that look and feel to it, I've got no love for any current EU material (outside of Thrawn), so the figures will just be parts for customs.

So, 501st Legion, AAT are shoe-ins for me, Both Vaders are a must, the IT-S is a strong possibility, and Soulless One at discount (can't believe I'm saying that).

Could be worse right? :grin:

Actually, the Final Duel is quite better than the 2015 model, looking closer.

Oh well, another one on the wishlist.

In case anybody cares, Lieutenant Bek's torso has the rank insignia of an Admiral in the Resistance rather than a Lieutenant. This means he can be used to create a purist custom of Ackbar in The Last Jedi. It is a perfect match.

If i would have collected ST ships, probably would have gone for the Resistance transportation ship, but I don't. They should have spent 10 € more for some interior space. But still, in best case they would have done something similiar to the U-wing, which wouldn't have been enough anyway. 

Im not sure there will be anything more then a couple of BL purchases, but we will c!

The advent calendar is probably the best ever, maybe even better than the HP one last year!  Hopefully it will be available before Christmas in the United States... :sceptic:

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The advent calendar looks great, one of the best for a few years I reckon. Rudolf the red-nosed tauntaun is pretty neat.

Great to get more pics of the IT-S transport. I wasn't crazy interested after the leaks, but seeing more pictures of it makes it look pretty appealing.

Soulless One continues to be one of the most baffling decisions made by LEGO.

Does anyone know if the Skywalker Saga codes are included in the sets, or are they codes that you find in the game? I assume the former, but I don't want to have to pick up certain sets just to complete the game...

I really hope they're not in the sets if that's the only way to get them in the game. Just for a quick rundown so far, there's two characters unlocked by code (Death Star Final Duel and Advent Calendar), the Razor Crest, and the I-TS Transport. I find it hard to imagine who the Final Duel character is if it's related to the set, obviously locking Jedi Luke, Vader, or Palpatine behind buying a set in a game that's supposed to be about the entire Skywalker saga would be ridiculous. Royal Guard maybe? I could easily see the Advent Calendar character just being unlocking ugly sweater Vader or Poe in the game though. Of course, we could always get lucky and have it turn out that it's just one code per unlock rather than unique for every single set. The "7-letter code" distinction on the Advent Calendar also makes me curious, since on all the others it's just called a "secret code".

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

The "7-letter code" distinction on the Advent Calendar also makes me curious, since on all the others it's just called a "secret code".

Now that you mention it, that could be the distinction between exclusive codes and a one-time thing. 7 randomised letters could quite easily mean individual codes to unlock one or both of the Christmas sweater characters (which is what I assume they would be), whereas the other codes would all be the same, so that if you happen to have the set by the time the game comes out you could immediately play as Palpatine, for instance. I'd be OK with that way of doing it I think, as you don't lose out on any key characters but there's still something of an incentive to buy the sets. 

Yay, official hi-res pictures!
Not a lot of news, though, but some nice new things to see, such as Darth Vader's arm printing. I read here and there he has a new helmet as well, can anyone verify this? Or the opposite...

It's interesting Rey comes in the Advent Calendar, didn't know that yet. The builds in it are quite nicely done as well, maaayybe I'll get this set at some point. 

Regards,
Mitch

11 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

To miss quote Winston Churchill I'd form an alliance with the devil himself if it helped defeat OT ucs sets. I am pretty sure anything PT would won cause lot of people want change. I dont think lot of people would complain when there will be 501st set to fill your Gunship with for only 30$ (even less with retail stores discounts if you wait a while). You can literally create 5 squads and have a platoon with 50 clones under 330$(when they hit 25$). They should just give us Cody Phase 2 and Rex phase 2,maybe a pilot too for 200$ - 300$ . Only way i am not getting that set if its 500$-800$ monstrosity that i have no where to put or if it includes yellow face figure inside.

It's almost certainly going to be based off of AOTC, so we're not getting p2 troops unless maybe the fan choice character is p2 rex or cody, though I'd hate that because the bricklink prices for those figures would be awful.

Also, pretty sure Churchill would be an OT fan, seeing as the good guys fight space nazis and Admiral Raddus is based on him :laugh:.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

It seems the Summer sets are delayed until September 2020 for the US. Europe still August. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :facepalm: This is outrageous, it's unfair! 

Anakin's starfighter is fine, a third figure would have been nice even if it was just a 501st trooper or b1, I already have an eta so I'll pass.

I'm buying at least 2 501st sets upon release, and probably another later. If they go on sale, and maybe even if they don't but are nearing the end of their production run, I'll snag some to keep sealed.

AAT looks great, I'll buy one right off the bat and probably a second one to sell the figures and keep the build.

Advent calendar has some great figures (2 exclusives!), and the micros have some good parts, so I'll probably get it. The sweater vader is hilarious.

KoR ship is a great set but I'm not going to try and collect all the Kor, so it's not for me.

Grievous's starfighter looks so good, but it's so overpriced. I already have the older versions of the figures, and don't really care about having a ship that's in the film for 5 seconds and a handful of clone wars episodes, so I'll pass.

IT-S looks amazing, and seems to be worth the $100...but I'm still on the fence.

The razor crest and AT-AT are both sets I want but both pretty expensive so I'll probably stagger the purchases and get one at release and one in December.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

It's interesting to see that both the clone from the PT set and the clones from the TCW sets basically have the same printing (it's the same structure). That counts for the legs and the Torso, so I guess that's how the p2 clone will look for the forseeable future.