MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

If the clue is referencing the D2C set for the second half of the year, I think it is either related to Count Dooku or ESB. I lean more towards Count Dooku because outside of remaking the Super Star Destroyer or trying to remake the Assault on Hoth, I think we've seen most of the stuff that would be D2C worthy from ESB. I don't think a UCS Super Star Destroyer would happen because the UCS Star Destroyer is out, and Assault on Hoth was so poorly received that I don't think they would want to revisit it any time soon as a D2C set.

If it is referencing a D2C set involving Count Dooku, I think it would either reference a UCS Invisible Hand or Geonosis Arena. I think a Geonosis Arena is more likely because we already have a capital ship UCS set on the market and having a more MBS-style set would line up with previous D2C patterns.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

@jdubbs quoted my response to @MandRproductions hinting there were more sets than what we know of, so I don’t think it’s the D2c.

I was going to mention this, but you posted while I was typing this, so I'll just use this instead. I don't think the clue is referencing the D2C set because of this. If it involves Count Dooku, I think a Solar Sailor makes the most sense. As @ARC2149Nova mentioned, I don't think they'll release a third duel set this year.

I hope it is a Solar Sailor or something else Dooku related, but it is probably more likely some Hoth-related set to go against the AT-AT. Maybe it could be one of those Hoth battle sets with a trench and canon as well as some Hoth Rebels. The 20th Anniversary Snowspeeder retired at the end of last year, so it could involve a Snowspeeder, but I hope it doesn't because I'm tired of seeing Hoth-related stuff. I'd much rather see a Solar Sailor, but I think it is more likely to see something ESB related knowing Lego's preferences.

This is all speculation based on the @jdubbs' poem. There are lots of possibilities, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what it turns out to be.

5 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I mean, back to the stomping, AT-AT already steals that beat. :laugh:

Maybe a Wampa cave? Tauntaun Patrol? I'm keeping both options open (ESB + Count Dooku).

EDIT: Or my long-awaited Rebel Transport? :wub:

Yeah it definitely could be either (Count or Forty), but I'm with @Mandalorianknight that this probably isn't the D2C (especially if the clue was referring to Dooku, since I don't see us getting a large D2C-sized prequel set before the gunship). 

A re-released Wampa Cave would be welcome for sure (I would scream if they gave us a ghost Obi-Wan minifigure in the set :laugh:).  There's also the TIE Bomber that people were originally guessing Final Duel could've been.  I'm trying to think what other ESB related sets we haven't had lately.  We just got Slave I, Cloud City and Echo Base have both had sets within the past 3-4 years, same with Yoda's Hut, there's currently an X-Wing and a 4+ Snowspeeder on the shelves (also I kind of doubt people would be hyping up a Snowspeeder re-release, as hilarious as that would be), an AT-AT is coming...that doesn't leave a ton.

If it is Dooku, I'd guess the Invisible Hand, Solar Sailer, or something Geonosis-related are pretty much the only options, but those seem almost too out of place right now...Who knows?

Sorry if this has been discussed already. I'm new. 

Can we expect a Winter wave this year? Or will this upcoming August wave be the last one we see until 2021?

3 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Can we expect a Winter wave this year? Or will this upcoming August wave be the last one we see until 2021?

Since there's no new movie, we probably won't see another wave until Jan 2021, unless Lego decides to release that wave early. :classic:

Also, welcome to the forum!

2 hours ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! In a way, you're right in both respects. The next wave is almost certainly in January 2021.

8 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I mean, back to the stomping, AT-AT already steals that beat. :laugh:

Maybe a Wampa cave? Tauntaun Patrol? I'm keeping both options open (ESB + Count Dooku).

EDIT: Or my long-awaited Rebel Transport? :wub:

Maybe a wampa cave, although if it is a $40 set it would probably include another snowspeeder. I'm starting to think I was way off the mark with count being count dooku. none of his options really make sense, I think the point was more so the emphasis on forty.

I would love a GR-75 too, but if it is $40 like leaker @Renown suggests, then I'd really hope it's not.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

As the other replies have said, a full wave is unlikely until late December/January, but we are almost assuredly getting some sort of D2C (Direct to Consumer, basically a LEGO.com, catalogue and brand-store exclusive) set this fall, whether it's a UCS ship, something like a MBS playset (even though it's not called MBS anymore), or a large system scale set, like the Tantive IV from last year, but we don't have any concrete rumors on that set.  

There's also a couple of sets coming after August, the Razor Crest and Advent Calendar are both slated for September 1st (apparently there's a chance they might get pushed back due to the pandemic delaying production), and two sets without a confirmed release date, a statue of The Child from The Mandalorian and a mosaic of either Darth Vader or Darth Maul.  So we'll see some sets after the August wave hits stores (which also could be delayed), but not really a full wave per say.

Also, about the clue we've had, I've thought about it.  My guess is either it's something involving Count Dooku and it's $40, or the "Count" reference is irrelevant and the only important part is "forty" which points to another ESB set.  Given that most leaks don't contain prices immediately, I'm leaning towards the latter.  Regardless, I'm sure @jdubbs is getting a kick out of all of our guesses, especially since some of these are bound to be way off the mark :laugh:

Edited by Kit Figsto

41 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe a wampa cave, although if it is a $40 set it would probably include another snowspeeder. I'm starting to think I was way off the mark with count being count dooku. none of his options really make sense, I think the point was more so the emphasis on forty.

I would love a GR-75 too, but if it is $40 like leaker @Renown suggests, then I'd really hope it's not.

I believe @Renown was guessing about the $40. I don't think he had any specific knowledge. :wink:

However, the last thing Lego's going to do is give us another Snowspeeder. We literally just got one last year. Plus, a Wampa Cave could work with a decent-sized cave, a Wampa, a Tauntaun, Luke, Han, and @Kit Figsto's Ghost Obi-Wan. And, given this wave's proclivity for overpricing the sets, it wouldn't surprise me to get a $40 Hoth set without a Snowspeeder.

The GR-75 would work at $40 if it's a 4+ set. Since the Action Battles sets came out last year with that designation, I wouldn't be surprised if that was their goal.

$40 for a 40th Anniversary set that's 4+! It's all coming together now! :laugh:

I didnt watch ESB for 10 + years but i think number 40 represents 40 year anniversary of ESB,also the word stomp is used 7 times. With that info it can be another snowspeeder (cause in the movie AT-AT stomps on 1), it can also be some of the scenes/vehicles including stormtroopers/snowtroopers especially from battle of hoth so you can get and boost your snowtroopers and rebels with new At-At(generator,rebel base etc) or something from cloud city (dont remember the movie). I doubt its Count Dooku unless he meant that set costs 40$ and even then it would be better to release it in 2 years for 20 year anniversary of AOTC or even as enemy vehicle against next year Gunship UCS set.

41 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

I didnt watch ESB for 10 + years but i think number 40 represents 40 year anniversary of ESB,also the word stomp is used 7 times. With that info it can be another snowspeeder (cause in the movie AT-AT stomps on 1), it can also be some of the scenes/vehicles including stormtroopers/snowtroopers especially from battle of hoth so you can get and boost your snowtroopers and rebels with new At-At(generator,rebel base etc) or something from cloud city (dont remember the movie). I doubt its Count Dooku unless he meant that set costs 40$ and even then it would be better to release it in 2 years for 20 year anniversary of AOTC or even as enemy vehicle against next year Gunship UCS set.

I think "stomp" is looking too far into it, it's just part of the song the count sings. it's either a clue towards Count Dooku, since the song is by the seseme street count, or the emphasis on forty, which I think is more likely. We unfortunately haven't had sets for the 20th anniversary of films (or prequel anniversaries), and even if we did there's no reason dooku can't show up twice within 3 years. Also, UCS sets don't tend to have "enemy vehicles" released alongside them.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I think 40 is the only clue here: 

Probabily referring to another set for the 40th anniversary of ESB.

37 minutes ago, storskogen said:

I think 40 is the only clue here: 

*video*

Probabily referring to another set for the 40th anniversary of ESB.

I was wondering where the Count thing came from.

ESB makes most sense to me, given that the AT-AT is the only set we've really got so far to commemorate the anniversary and I was expecting a few more. I'm crossing my fingers for a TIE Bomber; the only thing would be it seems a bit small for a D2C set. Was the dropship from a few years back D2C or was that just a store exclusive?

Also, it's incredibly far-fetched, but TLG could pull a blinder and give us a Nebulon-B. :laugh:

That would make sense, since the 2010 version is currently the most wanted SW set on Brickset.

Edited by Graupensuppe

Disappointing they may be going with another remake for the next D2C. Would have preferred a location this time or a ship/vehicle that hasn't been done at that scale yet like the Sail Barge.

A new UCS Imperial Shuttle would be heaven! I was in my dark age when the previous one came out, and the last Tydirium rendition is my most favourite Star Wars set. 

From Rebelscum

The final release of the month will be the exclusive Star Wars Celebration set. This is believed to be some kind of Bespin Battle playset. Whether the convention goes ahead or not, and how the set will be distributed remains to be seen.

The UCS Imperial Shuttle rumor makes me very excited since I missed the previous one. I didn’t think they would remake it so soon but in this case I’m very glad they are (supposedly). 

I really hope that's true. I also expected a rerelease of the shuttle sometime in the future but if it's really this soon... :moar: I missed it the first time and there's no way I'm paying $700+ for it on the secondary market. The last set is pretty solid, I don't see the design changing much, if at all. Maybe a fix to the landing gear? As long as it's as big as the first one I will be happy. I wouldn't be surprised to see it come with less figures than last time. 

In addition to the new UCS rumor there's also this: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Looking_Into_Yodas_Crystal_Ball_187182.asp

The final release of the month (August) will be the exclusive Star Wars Celebration set. This is believed to be some kind of Bespin Battle playset. Whether the convention goes ahead or not, and how the set will be distributed remains to be seen.

Edited by Brikkyy13

To those who know, was the previous UCS shuttle minifig scale or enlarged like most of the other ships?

I own the smaller one from a few years ago, but if the UCS is to scale with slave 1 and MF UCS then I'd be more likely to get it (if rumours are true).

I'd be slightly disappointed whatever the 2HY set is if it's not a MBS, I expected one every couple of years the way cloud city was announced with that branding.

11 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I missed it the first time and there's no way I'm paying $700+ for it on the secondary market. 

Yowza! That is steep indeed. I’m no expert in secondary market prices, but seems to me that is exactly twice what the going rate for a UCS Imperial Shuttle ought to be. 

5 minutes ago, azzer86 said:

To those who know, was the previous UCS shuttle minifig scale or enlarged like most of the other ships?

The Lambda-class from 2010 is roughly 59 studs long, making it 3.0 studs/meter - which is in perfect scale with both UCS Falcons. 

Edited by Renegade Clone

Why Lego? Why can't we FINALLY get a regular retailer Bespin Luke vs Vader set? I would kill for a set like this.

As for the UCS, it's better than getting another set we got in last years, at least it could include Vader with arm printing. 

33 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Yowza! That is steep indeed. I’m no expert in secondary market prices, but seems to me that is exactly twice what the going rate for a UCS Imperial Shuttle ought to be. 

Hmmm so we can expect about $350 for the upcoming one?

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not a leaker. Just know about things in advance. 

10 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I believe @Renown was guessing about the $40. I don't think he had any specific knowledge.

:shrug_oh_well: