MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So there's another one? I'd guess a mandalorian set since we already know TLJ rushed 2 baby yoda sets into production, why not a third set?

Baby Yoda Battlepack

7 hours ago, Corydoras said:

I still hope it's not, in fact, the final product, as not only is the main cannon ridiculously long, but the twin side cannons seem to be upside down. Also, as I've mentioned before, the tank is missing the distinct blue stripe at the front.

It's the final product, why would they show off an unfinished set in a retail catalogue? Pretty sure that counts as false advertisement

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's the final product, why would they show off an unfinished set in a retail catalogue? Pretty sure that counts as false advertisement

But weren't the set images in retailer catalogues mostly prelims in the past?

22 minutes ago, Corydoras said:

But weren't the set images in retailer catalogues mostly prelims in the past?

Sure, but the one that’s leaked is a consumer catalogue :wink: Some call them ‘retail catalogue’ because they’re found at retailers, not to be confused with ‘retailer catalogue’, which is what you referred to :laugh:

Sorry for the double post, but there’s a new incredibly fake set list floating around on IG, just as a heads-up. Let’s shoot it down before it gets any traction :tongue:

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sorry for the double post, but there’s a new incredibly fake set list floating around on IG, just as a heads-up. Let’s shoot it down before it gets any traction :tongue:

You mean there isn’t gonna be a $10 4+ Razorcrest? But that sounded so incredibly believable . . :tongue:

On a serious note, though, the ‘Outland TIE Fighter’, which I assume is supposed to mean Gideon’s folding-wing TIE from the Mandalorian, would make a really great set. I hope that happens. (If only because I want a LEGO Darksaber . . .)

5 hours ago, Legopls said:

Are there any rumours on a possible 2nd UCS set for this year?

We are assuming it’s mini figure friendly since LEGO usually releases one of those every year (2019 Tantive, 2018 cloud city, 2017 millennium falcon, etc etc)

18 hours ago, Corydoras said:

I still hope it's not, in fact, the final product, as not only is the main cannon ridiculously long, but the twin side cannons seem to be upside down. Also, as I've mentioned before, the tank is missing the distinct blue stripe at the front.

The first two I don't mind as much, since you can fix them easily without needing extra parts, but the stripe is probably the biggest problem with the set. a print or two would have been nice, but I don't think it looks awful without it.

11 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Baby Yoda Battlepack

Yes! :laugh: have you seen the MOC someone made of a porg battlepack where they've all got stud shooters?

3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

You mean there isn’t gonna be a $10 4+ Razorcrest? But that sounded so incredibly believable . . :tongue:

On a serious note, though, the ‘Outland TIE Fighter’, which I assume is supposed to mean Gideon’s folding-wing TIE from the Mandalorian, would make a really great set. I hope that happens. (If only because I want a LEGO Darksaber . . .)

It would make a great TIE fighter for 2021 since we seem to get one every year or so.

Also, black katanas make pretty good darksabers, better than lego's official version, anyway.

I don’t know if this has been said but the dates for 501st and razor crest are now no longer August 1st but listed as coming soon 

Oh, nice! But, wasn't the Razor Crest supposed to be released on September 1st?
Would be nice if 501st at least came out earlier than planned :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

I saw an email yesterday that outlined Lego's plan for reopening and getting back to production, and in it, they described being on track to be fully reopen by mid-July and they would have a full reset/restart on August 1st for the 2 HY. 

I'm really concerned by the fact they removed the release dates for the 501st pack, Razor Crest and Marvel sets. I'm especially worried about the Razor Crest as I've been most excited for that set, I have it preordered and it would've arrived on my birthday. Now who knows. This probably doesn't bode well for the rest of the Star Wars sets. It looks like it's going to be a really rough time for LEGO fans here in the US for awhile.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know if this has been said but the dates for 501st and razor crest are now no longer August 1st but listed as coming soon 

This worries me that they're going to be delayed. 

41 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm really concerned by the fact they removed the release dates for the 501st pack, Razor Crest and Marvel sets. I'm especially worried about the Razor Crest as I've been most excited for that set, I have it preordered and it would've arrived on my birthday. Now who knows. This probably doesn't bode well for the rest of the Star Wars sets. It looks like it's going to be a really rough time for LEGO fans here in the US for awhile.

I'm cancelling my razor crest pre-order, I'm going to wait until we have a concrete release date to buy it.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm cancelling my razor crest pre-order, I'm going to wait until we have a concrete release date to buy it.

No offense but that seems kind of dumb. If anyone stands a chance of getting the Razor Crest on its original release date, it would be the people who originally preordered it. There is no downside to leaving your preorder as-is. They don’t charge you card until the order ships. 

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This worries me that they're going to be delayed. 

I mean I wouldn't just yet incase there's a chance they're still honoring the existing preorders for September 1st while the standard release is delayed. I'm definitely not cancelling.

Original release dates are still posted on the Australian Lego.com (and Europe I believe).

I would hope given the strong response to pre-ordering the Mando sets TLG push to honour those internationally first and foremost.
Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, AusChris said:

Original release dates are still posted on the Australian Lego.com (and Europe I believe).

I would hope given the strong response to pre-ordering the Mando sets TLG push to honour those internationally first and foremost.
Fingers crossed!

I would certainly hope so.

Given the issues that are being had with the factories, ( in Mexico is it for US stock? ) and the fact that most new stock for US is coming from Europe ( hence the stickers stating piece count on the boxes) I am guessing that its just Lego being cautious about whether they can supply a sufficient amount for the US market in time if the current manufacturing situation continues. As said they're still on the European site for September 1st

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

No offense but that seems kind of dumb. If anyone stands a chance of getting the Razor Crest on its original release date, it would be the people who originally preordered it. There is no downside to leaving your preorder as-is. They don’t charge you card until the order ships. 

Ok, I'm not sure how I missed that I hadn't been charged yet, but I checked and apparently haven't, I'll keep it pre-ordered.

On the German Lego website, the respective release dates September 1st and August 1st are still displayed.

52 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Official pictures of the sets should be imminent since the consumer catalogue has now also been found in Germany :thumbup:

All I want is to see the Interior space and play features for the knights of ren ship and resistance ITS transport.

I'm just hoping the price 'conversion' isn't too bad, but with lego's price conversioton you never know. Sometimes a $39.99 set is £29.99 and sometimes it's £44.99.