MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, autolycus said:

Don't know if this is the right place for this question, but it's about 2020 Star Wars and Lego, soo...

The Lego Skywalker Saga game is due later this year. There's now a pre-order for a version with a steelbook case. Are there any rumors at all about a store that will be offering an exclusive mini figure with pre-order? The steelbook looks nice enough, but I'd rather have a minifig.

Lego's been doing exclusive figures for all their console games for awhile, so I hope they do continue that for this one, but as @BigGuy4U says no rumors yet.

7 hours ago, autolycus said:

Don't know if this is the right place for this question, but it's about 2020 Star Wars and Lego, soo...

The Lego Skywalker Saga game is due later this year. There's now a pre-order for a version with a steelbook case. Are there any rumors at all about a store that will be offering an exclusive mini figure with pre-order? The steelbook looks nice enough, but I'd rather have a minifig.

There will be no exclusive pre-order figures, those have been included with the Deluxe Edition for the last few years :wink: But as others have said before me, no rumors as of yet

57 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But as others have said before me, no rumors as of yet

Which is weird, because those usually leak quite early. Remember when our first clue for the existence of the TFA video game was the leaked Finn polybag? :laugh:

On 6/3/2020 at 8:45 PM, ArrowBricks said:

Is this a hint at some 2021 sets or am I looking too much into it? 

I'd actually prefer a couple of less expensive waves, assuming the cost saving is bumped on to us, as my passion/opportunity for large sets is at something of a low. We are now in almost the first year with no brand new Star Wars content since pre-clone-wars, so I imagine we will see a lot more remakes late this year/early next.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There will be no exclusive pre-order figures, those have been included with the Deluxe Edition for the last few years :wink: But as others have said before me, no rumors as of yet

Oh fine then! Have there been any rumors about a Deluxe Edition for this game? :tongue: :wink: :vader: :yoda:

2 hours ago, autolycus said:

Oh fine then! Have there been any rumors about a Deluxe Edition for this game? :tongue: :wink: :vader: :yoda:

Not yet.

There will be a steelbook tho.

10 hours ago, Redroe said:

I'd actually prefer a couple of less expensive waves, assuming the cost saving is bumped on to us, as my passion/opportunity for large sets is at something of a low. We are now in almost the first year with no brand new Star Wars content since pre-clone-wars, so I imagine we will see a lot more remakes late this year/early next.

We have Mandalorian season 2 and the rumored sequel to Star Wars Rebels coming out this year 

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We have Mandalorian season 2 and the rumored sequel to Star Wars Rebels coming out this year 

WHAT? (I may be about to go off topic) rumoured Rebels sequel? I am midway through season 4 on Disney+ and not ready for it to end. The best output of the Disney SW area. I've avoided reading any Rebels articles or news in case of spoilers (none here please!) So knew nothing of this rumour. 

10 minutes ago, Redroe said:

WHAT? (I may be about to go off topic) rumoured Rebels sequel? I am midway through season 4 on Disney+ and not ready for it to end. The best output of the Disney SW area. I've avoided reading any Rebels articles or news in case of spoilers (none here please!) So knew nothing of this rumour. 

There are rumors about a sequel series taking place between RotJ and TFA, continuing the stories of some of the main characters. Still just a rumor though

10 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Rebels has a definitive ending, it doesn’t cut off abruptly or anything like Clone Wars did before they were able to finish it. It does leave possibilities open for future stories though so yeah there’s a strong rumor about a potential series branching off some of those openings

11 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Disney is reportedly looking at casting a few of the Rebels characters for live-action. At least one of the rumors is definitely for season 2 of The Mando, but some of the others might not be. There's no rumor regarding any content of the show, or even any real evidence that there will be a show, and if there is it won't launch until some time after both the Cassian Andor series (2021) and the Obi-Wan Kenobi series (2022), so it isn't much to get excited about at this point.

40 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Disney is reportedly looking at casting a few of the Rebels characters for live-action. At least one of the rumors is definitely for season 2 of The Mando, but some of the others might not be. There's no rumor regarding any content of the show, or even any real evidence that there will be a show, and if there is it won't launch until some time after both the Cassian Andor series (2021) and the Obi-Wan Kenobi series (2022), so it isn't much to get excited about at this point.

42 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Rebels has a definitive ending, it doesn’t cut off abruptly or anything like Clone Wars did before they were able to finish it. It does leave possibilities open for future stories though so yeah there’s a strong rumor about a potential series branching off some of those openings

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are rumors about a sequel series taking place between RotJ and TFA, continuing the stories of some of the main characters. Still just a rumor though

Ah, understood. I won't get my hopes up too much. To get back slightly on topic, I am glad the upcoming Ahsoka seems to be in her grey rather than blue suit, thus tying in better with my Rebels fig line-up. I refuse to drop 150 smackeroos on a single fig on the aftermarket. Thrawn is beyond my reach for the same reason (though Phantoms do pop up now and then). Sadly I wasn't up to speed wjrh Rebels when the sets were available so would be nice to see some rereleased.

29 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I am glad the upcoming Ahsoka seems to be in her grey rather than blue suit, thus tying in better with my Rebels fig line-up.

No, she's in her blue outfit from the Siege of Mandalore. The grey you're seeing is her silver boots. They aren't dual molded so the base part is silver.

3 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

No, she's in her blue outfit from the Siege of Mandalore. The grey you're seeing is her silver boots. They aren't dual molded so the base part is silver.

Are they silver and not just LBG?

Just now, JekPorkchops said:

Are they silver and not just LBG?

They might be LBG, but it's hard to tell at such quality.

8 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Ah, good eye. That means I'll be getting 2 so I can mod one. Probably one of those figs that keeps the price of the set pretty high. Sales rarely hit sets with very desirable figs, I've noticed. 

Decided I will be picking up 2 501st Legion sets and the AAT on August 1st. That Ahsoka minifigure is incredible, I was actually hoping that a new Ahsoka wouldn't use the Rebels leku piece but I'm surprised at how well it works. I suppose it's a better fit than the original mould anyway. Personally I really like how the AAT looks, the "skirting" (if you can call it that) looks off with how rounded it is but I can't see that being a difficult nor expensive fix, 95188 in dark blue seems pretty cheap on Bricklink, I can imagine it's cheaper in LBG too. 

1 hour ago, Redroe said:

Ah, understood. I won't get my hopes up too much. To get back slightly on topic, I am glad the upcoming Ahsoka seems to be in her grey rather than blue suit, thus tying in better with my Rebels fig line-up. I refuse to drop 150 smackeroos on a single fig on the aftermarket. Thrawn is beyond my reach for the same reason (though Phantoms do pop up now and then). Sadly I wasn't up to speed wjrh Rebels when the sets were available so would be nice to see some rereleased.

I didn't realize thrawn was expensive but dang...he costs more than the set he came in! Sadly there's not much of a chance we'll see him again anytime soon.

I'm glad we ended up getting another ahsoka though, even if it's not the rebels version, at least there's the longer montral piece.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I didn't realize thrawn was expensive but dang...he costs more than the set he came in! Sadly there's not much of a chance we'll see him again anytime soon.

I'm glad we ended up getting another ahsoka though, even if it's not the rebels version, at least there's the longer montral piece.

Exactly, but I think that dire set only sold for Thrawn. Sometimes its better to sink the money on the whole set and at least that way you have some useful parts and can recoup some cost! The last Ahsoka is a prime example. I have the original Ahsoka from a magnet set (back when they were removeable) so keen to get a head that isn't goggle-eyed.

On 6/3/2020 at 4:15 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

It does look like there's something there, I thought it was a watermark or something at first. What printing would it be though? Some sort of Christmas print?

In fairness the Sith trooper is ripe for a special Christmas print by virtue of the fact they're red. Imagine that coming down the chimney to deliver presents.

There are for sure some black lines. My theory about the lines is that they are printed to look scribbled on, if that makes sense.

5 hours ago, Redroe said:

Exactly, but I think that dire set only sold for Thrawn. Sometimes its better to sink the money on the whole set and at least that way you have some useful parts and can recoup some cost! The last Ahsoka is a prime example. I have the original Ahsoka from a magnet set (back when they were removeable) so keen to get a head that isn't goggle-eyed.

I confess I bought that set mainly for thrawn and the new kanan back in 2017. Scrapped for parts, since the phantom 1 looks better on the back of the ghost, anyway.

But yeah, the ahsoka thing is insane! She costs more than the set did, and the set was $130! I bricklinked the s1-2 ahsoka and just swapped the torso to make her look more like the s7 ahsoka, but the bug eyes are unavoidible unless you want to spend $30-50 dollars and international shipping from germany, or $150+ for the whole figure.

3 hours ago, xxix5 said:

There are for sure some black lines. My theory about the lines is that they are printed to look scribbled on, if that makes sense.

Like the scribble face for the one guy from the lego movie? I don't know, we usually only get one exclusive figure and it's always been christmas themed, I'm not sure what they'd be going for with scribble lines. That said, it looks like Poe and Vader both have exclusive torso prints, so maybe they're bucking the precedent. :shrug_confused:

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I specifically remember holding that set in my hand when it was out and I think on sale at my local Target for like $15 or 20, thinking "I haven't seen this show, but I know Thrawn is a popular character...maybe I should get it and either hang onto it just for the figure, or on the off chance I end up watching the show someday..."

The practical side of me took over and I put it back.  Oh well!

I do wonder though, will this Ahsoka have the same aftermarket value that the others have once the AAT retires?  I mean, it's a relatively cheap set, but in my opinion, it looks the best out of any Ahsoka we've had so far (the early ones aren't really compatible with non-CW eyed figures and the Rebels one's eyes have always been weird to me), and I can't imagine we'll see a figure of her again for a little while.

10 hours ago, Willsy said:

Decided I will be picking up 2 501st Legion sets and the AAT on August 1st. That Ahsoka minifigure is incredible, I was actually hoping that a new Ahsoka wouldn't use the Rebels leku piece but I'm surprised at how well it works. I suppose it's a better fit than the original mould anyway. Personally I really like how the AAT looks, the "skirting" (if you can call it that) looks off with how rounded it is but I can't see that being a difficult nor expensive fix, 95188 in dark blue seems pretty cheap on Bricklink, I can imagine it's cheaper in LBG too. 

Actually dark blue is cheaper, probably thanks to the recent Grievous speeder, another set I thought "nah", then realised I hate my CW Grievous when it had retired. I can testify from trying to do my own Cloud City which needs 4 of those parts. Tip: ones with stickers are more common (alien conquest I think).

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

I specifically remember holding that set in my hand when it was out and I think on sale at my local Target for like $15 or 20, thinking "I haven't seen this show, but I know Thrawn is a popular character...maybe I should get it and either hang onto it just for the figure, or on the off chance I end up watching the show someday..."

The practical side of me took over and I put it back.  Oh well!

I do wonder though, will this Ahsoka have the same aftermarket value that the others have once the AAT retires? 

We never see sales that deep in the UK, or not that I have had the good fortune to find. Years since Force Friday became a thing have had a decent sale on Amazon in November time, but the tRoS sets never saw more than a five or ten discount. I would guess Ahsoka will stay a premier minifig for her rarity and relative niche-ness, same bracket as the Rebels figs.

42 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Do we know confirmed UK prices for the sets that haven't been officially revealed?

Nope, only the US prices (excluding the Death Star duel and I-TS Transport)