MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 hours ago, storskogen said:

Luke’s hair piece makes the new Final Duel set look like his predecessor. That mold is old-fashioned and has been around for 40 years. Maybe the set would look slighly more attractive with another mold.

On the other hand, the new Ahsoka is well done. The only thing I’m concerned about is the quality of her hair piece. I have two Rebels Ahsoka, one kept sealed and one displayed. The latter has lost some paint from the «horns». Anyone having a similar experience? I hope this has been improved.

I actually think Luke's hairpiece is pretty spot-on despite the age of the mold. I feel making a new mold for him would just be for the sake of making a new mold and isn't really necessary. Old Ben on the other hand would definitely benefit from switching to the hair used for TFA Han, I'm surprised they haven't done that yet.

I actually really like the new stormtrooper helmets. The only gripe I have is that the ability to turn them side to side is almost non-existent, but you didn't get an awful lot with the old mold either. I think the dual molded details for the mouth and eyes add a lot of depth, and the black rim that goes around the bottom not only covers up the exposed flesh head of a minifigure, but is also accurate to canon. I was quite hesitant when the first pictures came out of them, but I have to excuse that as a case of bad photography since irl and in many people's mocs they look amazing.

24 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I actually think Luke's hairpiece is pretty spot-on despite the age of the mold. I feel making a new mold for him would just be for the sake of making a new mold and isn't really necessary. Old Ben on the other hand would definitely benefit from switching to the hair used for TFA Han, I'm surprised they haven't done that yet.

The CMF Birthday Party Boy hair piece would work reasonably well for ROTJ Luke — same basic shape but a bit more detail in the sculpt — but it only comes in that very bright yellow. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/kids/characters/minifigures/birthday-party-boy-ecd3df4e92a34af4a103694c35c36b7b

56 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The CMF Birthday Party Boy hair piece would work reasonably well for ROTJ Luke — same basic shape but a bit more detail in the sculpt — but it only comes in that very bright yellow. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/kids/characters/minifigures/birthday-party-boy-ecd3df4e92a34af4a103694c35c36b7b

That would work pretty well. 

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

I agree, it's not really that bad for luke, but ben's hair is so much more disheveled.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Does anyone know if the clones have new animated-style face printing or is it 'angry clone' again

On 6/2/2020 at 4:25 PM, jdubbs said:

Having said all that, I think LEGO could have put more effort into the sets being released in this wave, especially those from the Clone Wars/prequels. The Star Wars line is clearly operating on a smaller budget this year (and next, from the look of it). Which is a shame.

Is this a hint at some 2021 sets or am I looking too much into it? 

9 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Does anyone know if the clones have new animated-style face printing or is it 'angry clone' again

I don't think we know yet. I haven't been able to find any pictures of the Clone Troopers from the Summer wave without their helmets. If there are pictures, I wouldn't mind seeing them.

15 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Don't know if it will be angry clone or not, but the non-clone figures don't have animated style faces so it's almost certain the clone won't either.

5 minutes ago, MGS6735 said:

I don't think we know yet. I haven't been able to find any pictures of the Clone Troopers from the Summer wave without their helmets. If there are pictures, I wouldn't mind seeing them.

I can't imagine we'd see that until official images come out from TLG.

Which can't be that far away right?

2 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I can't imagine we'd see that until official images come out from TLG.

Which can't be that far away right?

The sets come out in about two months, so we should know by then. I would expect Lego to release official images closer to the release date (maybe in six weeks), but I wouldn't mind if it was sooner.

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I get that, although I think at some point they do need to progress. Like the old clone helmets with the cutout for the visor and black head underneath was updated with a printed visor for the 2013-2014 sets.

That said, I hate the new stormtrooper helmet mold.

What? Sith trooper isn't in any sets this wave.

Look REAL close at the Sith Trooper's helmet in the advent calendar picture. There are black lines on the helmet that aren't on the original helmet. 

6 minutes ago, xxix5 said:

Look REAL close at the Sith Trooper's helmet in the advent calendar picture. There are black lines on the helmet that aren't on the original helmet. 

It does look like there's something there, I thought it was a watermark or something at first. What printing would it be though? Some sort of Christmas print?

In fairness the Sith trooper is ripe for a special Christmas print by virtue of the fact they're red. Imagine that coming down the chimney to deliver presents.

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

None of the other figures have clone wars style printing, and they stopped using that style after the 2014 sets, so I'd assume angry clone.

It would be nice if they actually made an accurate clone head, or just a black head for the body glove, though.

44 minutes ago, xxix5 said:

I can't see anything, but the image is so low-quality I guess there could be something there.

12 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

What is this BD1 I'm seeing on instagram? Is it real?

A well presented fake. I would be amazed if it was real.

1 minute ago, SCREDEYE said:

A well presented fake. I would be amazed if it was real.

Yeah, after not seeing a set number I figured it was fake.

3 hours ago, jpipes7261 said:

What is this BD1 I'm seeing on instagram? Is it real?

Obvious fake, especially given it is winter right now and this would have been included with the other recent leaks then.

You guys have commented so much lately so it has taken some time to scroll through (haven't had the time last few days to spend 1 hour on EB, but now Im done)

As many of you others have said, I do think this is the best wave in some time. Would call it great though if my preferences are mid-to large location playsets, which tend not to be frequent in SW lego. But concerning that there were less remakes than normally and a decent line up of mfs, I would still call it pretty solid. 

Have an AT-AT but need one more, so will probably pick that one of later, together with the Razor Crest. The only set I probably will rush for is the Night Buzzard, im to eager to complete my KoR collection so probably will be a day one purchase if it doesn't look much worse when detailed picks are coming up. Also would like to wait abit and saving my money for the reveal of the new UCS/MSB. Really hope there is a location playset this time.  

On 5/31/2020 at 4:58 AM, jpipes7261 said:

I can tell you first hand that some of the rules and other things that lego does with their company and products makes absolute no sense.

I believe you, funny enough that the new Death Star duel came just one day after the discussion of unnecessary make-overs. They actually did change it less than they normally do, so with those few changes (what we can see atleast) a brand new packaging just seems like a waste, I doubt they took all old duel sets, open the bags changed a few pieces and threw them in a new box. I means would it have hurt to just re-release the exact same set again? Thinking about the environment too. Just beeing puzzled about this

On 5/31/2020 at 8:10 AM, Kit Figsto said:

The sets that you listed are easily the most iconic ships from the movies.  They’d be insane to not have an X-Wing or Falcon on the shelves at least every other year because people will buy it.  Some kids/parents may buy anything, but there’s also a lot that get into LEGO or Star Wars and want the major characters and ships.  There’s always going to be a demand for them as new fans pop up, so they have to fill it.  

No im not saying they shouldn't have them on the shelves, just keep the same version much longer, or put back the same version of it after a few years. Not saying they never should update sets, but they could easily reduce it by 50 %. I would rather say some would buy specific, rather than some would buy anything. Still the waste majority of kids and parents just want anything star wars. They might of course have a preference, but if that one is sold out, or even not existing, they just buy something else. I think that also goes ofr most people in here. I mean it's not like I would refrain from buying anything SW lego just because there is no MSB cantina or Yavin IV base.

On 5/31/2020 at 11:35 AM, PreVizsla said:

From my experience this is right. I told my mom,family and friends that i hate ot and only love pt but they had no idea what any of that is and bought me lego sets from star wars theme,and based the price of the set with the significance of what we celebrated,for example if its birthday or christmas i would get 100$ plus sets. Their mind was also set on something if they heard about character without ever watching a movie or being into it,such as darth vader,yoda,ewoks,princess amidala,r2,c3po. Even now when i am in my twenties my sister got me ahch-to island training set cause she thought its pretty and i dont have it.Would probably be different if they were into it too,but even though i dont enjoy the movies i still want some iconic stuff like at-st,at-at,royal guards,biker scouts,ewoks,imperial shuttle,endor based sets.

At least you got the right theme. I was in my kid lego age from late 80ies to mid 90ies and I only wished for pirates and castle, but I think I got most town/city lego, because apperantly my desires were translated to just lego after my parents explained to friends and relatives what I wanted for presents. And there was no simple way of trading and changing back then so I just got stuck with shit I didn't wanted. Atleast my father is almost like a hoarder, so I saved all my boxes and instructions from that time, so got pretty good money for them when I sold them 3-4 years ago (financing my SW lego purchases instead). 

8 hours ago, jpipes7261 said:

Yeah, after not seeing a set number I figured it was fake.

There‘s more: The packaging makes no sense since none of the previous brick-built characters have been UCS sets and there‘s no way they‘d include additional minifigs in such a set, let alone with a selection of lightsabers to choose from :grin:

It‘s a really good custom though :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There‘s more: The packaging makes no sense since none of the previous brick-built characters have been UCS sets and there‘s no way they‘d include additional minifigs in such a set, let alone with a selection of lightsabers to choose from :grin:

It‘s a really good custom though :thumbup:

Also the original guy on instagram posting it already posted it as a moc from December.

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

As many of you others have said, I do think this is the best wave in some time. Would call it great though if my preferences are mid-to large location playsets, which tend not to be frequent in SW lego. But concerning that there were less remakes than normally and a decent line up of mfs, I would still call it pretty solid. 

Have an AT-AT but need one more, so will probably pick that one of later, together with the Razor Crest. The only set I probably will rush for is the Night Buzzard, im to eager to complete my KoR collection so probably will be a day one purchase if it doesn't look much worse when detailed picks are coming up. Also would like to wait abit and saving my money for the reveal of the new UCS/MSB. Really hope there is a location playset this time.  

I believe you, funny enough that the new Death Star duel came just one day after the discussion of unnecessary make-overs. They actually did change it less than they normally do, so with those few changes (what we can see atleast) a brand new packaging just seems like a waste, I doubt they took all old duel sets, open the bags changed a few pieces and threw them in a new box. I means would it have hurt to just re-release the exact same set again? Thinking about the environment too. Just beeing puzzled about this

I think this wave's pretty good too, though like you said it isn't the best playset-wise, seeing as the final duel is basically the same as the 2015 one.

I wonder how big of an interior the resistance transport will have. It looks to me like the 12 by 4 stud panels on each side of the middle section are attached with clips to the exterior, which would give a fair amount of space for something of this size if they open up.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Don't know if this is the right place for this question, but it's about 2020 Star Wars and Lego, soo...

The Lego Skywalker Saga game is due later this year. There's now a pre-order for a version with a steelbook case. Are there any rumors at all about a store that will be offering an exclusive mini figure with pre-order? The steelbook looks nice enough, but I'd rather have a minifig.

13 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Don't know if this is the right place for this question, but it's about 2020 Star Wars and Lego, soo...

The Lego Skywalker Saga game is due later this year. There's now a pre-order for a version with a steelbook case. Are there any rumors at all about a store that will be offering an exclusive mini figure with pre-order? The steelbook looks nice enough, but I'd rather have a minifig.

No worries, I think you're fine asking it here. So far there hasn't been anything said here about a minifig or other pre-order bonuses.