MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

This is true! I saw her in the commercials, and the last time I went with my family, I told my girls to go talk to her. She ended up spending 15 minutes with them, (talking in character) taking them all throughout the land, and then snuck us in as members of the resistance into the Smugglers Run ride! Bypassed an hour plus wait, and created an amazing moment for my girls. We be picking up that set just because of that! I think she also plays a part in the first order ride, and is effectively canon now.

I only hope this isn't a park exclusive, and will be interested in the confirmed price.

That's really cool that your kids got to experience that (especially that you were able to bypass a line, I've heard they have insane wait times). I'm thinking it'll probably be around $110-120.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

This wave is a bit of a mixed bag to be honest, here are my thoughts on each of the new sets:

Soulless One - It's a pretty good looking ship but the minifigures aren't anything to write home about. Considering the price and the overall ''meh-ness'' this is going to be an easy skip.

Night Buzzard - This is a really good set. I was afraid they weren't going to be able to pull it off at such a 'low' pricepoint but they did it. Kardo and Kuruk look amazing, getting another Jedi Rey is really nice too and the overall price is pretty fair. The only gripe I have with this set is the Knights themselves as I do feel like the fact the other 4 Knights are spread across 3 really expensive sets pulls this set down. This will most likely be a buy for me regardless as I think it'll look good next to my Falcon. 

AAT - My oh my.... this is horrible. Such an awfull, awfull design..... I just can't say anything good about this build. As for the figures: the droids are whatever, Ahsoka is amazing but not enough to justify buying the set and the 332nd trooper doesn't really make sense to me, why give us just a single trooper? Maybe there's a battlepack in development :def_shrug: Overall this set is going to be a pass for me, though I do want that Ahsoka figure. 

Anakin's ETA-2 - Yeah this is just whatever, nice for the kids. 

Death Star Duel - I missed out on the 2015 version and I do honestly like this set but I really feel like this is going to be extremely overpriced. But why? Why does this exist? It's almost a one to one remake of the original version! If they'd just given us the Sith Throne and Palps with his GLADOS arm alongside Ben and Rey (instead of Vader and Luke) and 2 Sovereign Protectors (instead of the royal guards) this set would be much better. Might pick this one up but that would be on a significant discount. 

I-TS Transport - I honestly really like this set, especially as we're getting a figure of Vi Moradi :excited: Wether or not I buy this set depends on it's price and whatever there's left of my LEGO budget at the end of the year but if I do end up skipping this set I'll be sure to Bricklink Vi. VI MORADI EVERYONE, WE HAVE VI MORADI HERE :excited: :excited:

I've got a similar opinion on most of these. I hadn't thought about that idea of an exogol instead of final duel, but it would have made so much more sense and probably sold better. 

AND I KNOW, WE GOT VI MORADI!!!! FINALLY a figure based on canon other than the shows and movies! And VI MORADI, no less!

1 minute ago, NicDotFR said:

Guys, Considering we have a new Clone Wars box art for these set with the lil Ahsoka clone trooper on the top right, do you think there are more clone wars sets coming in late 2020/2021?

Maybe, maybe not. They change the boxart every year or so, and from TFA-TROS it's been something based on the film of that year. There's no 2020 star wars movie, so they might just have used TCW because it was the biggest piece of new content this year. (IMO siege of mandalore is basically a movie and the best prequel film, but that's just me)

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's really cool that your kids got to experience that (especially that you were able to bypass a line, I've heard they have insane wait times). I'm thinking it'll probably be around $110-120.

I really hope not, I'm not willing to pay more than 70 for this (looks similar in size to the Night Buzzard)

I'm so glad these pictures came out!

I think they did an excellent job on the AAT, I theorized that they may include more figures rather than make the AAT bigger but I'm so glad they actually did make it larger. From what I can tell the turret, main section and side turrets are bigger while the bottom only appears to be a little wider. Overall its a must have set, especially since Ahsoka and a 332nd is in it!

Anakin's Jedi Intercepter is mediocre, for 30 dollars we get a reused build with only 2 figs one of which is R2. I don't have any previous versions though so I'm gonna pick it up anyway

The Souless One is a similar situation to the Intercepter, a sorta reused build and now it's 80 DOLLARS! I already have a version of it so gonna pass on this one, but Jesus that price.

I am actually really happy they rereleased the final duel because I missed out on it back in 2015. It seems they only did a few minor improvements, I don't think it could have hurt if they just did something new or little bit different with it IMO but I'm definitely gonna grab this one.

As for the NightBuzzard, It's not a bad build and the Knights of Ren are cool looking but no yellow lightsaber for Rey? I'm just not a fan of the sequels so it's gonna be a pass, but it's still disappointing they couldn/t have just included the yellow lightsaber.

And finally the resistance transport... I don't really care for it, I haven't been to Galaxy's Edge so I don't have any connection to it. I will say that the grey mon calamari is a pretty cool figure IMO. It's definitively still a pass though.

Edited by SillySeeker

Just now, SillySeeker said:

As for the Razorcrest, It's not a bad build and the Knights of Ren are cool looking but no yellow lightsaber for Rey? I'm just not a fan of the sequels so it's gonna be a pass, but it's still disappointing they couldn/t have just included the yellow lightsaber.

The Knights of Ren's ship is called the Night Buzzard, the Razor Crest is the ship owned by The Mandalorian / Din Djarrin :wink:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The Knights of Ren's ship is called the Night Buzzard, the Razor Crest is the ship owned by The Mandalorian / Din Djarrin :wink:

LOL MY BAD! I fixed that.

The AAT set is pretty good, I'll definitely get it for Ahsoka and her trooper alone, though Ahsoka's lekku really should've used a new mold. I don't like that the 'skirt' of the tank is so similar to the 2015 version and it again lacks printing/stickers. They should use those other curved bricks that are more flat like the 2009 model. However the sizing is nice and the body looks pretty accurate. Don't forget that the TCW model for the AAT looks more thicc around the cockpit area: aat.jpg.53f64f83192a929ee7735c7bfaf72f2a.jpg

The Night Buzzard is an ok size, since it is so obscure it's probably better not to make it too big. I think it would scale well with Kylo's Shuttle and 2019's Falcon.

The only thing that would've made the Soulless One worth the price would have been a new Cody, but I guess in this day and age some incredibly expensive Star Wars sets cannot have a single new mold.

I am tempted to buy the I-TS transport. I quite like the design as apart from the U-wing the Rebels and Resistance usually don't have such troop transports. 

The new Final Dual is as close as a true re-release (not a remake) you can get these days, for Star Wars at least. I thought it was weird that the catalogue showed a 2015 set until I realized it was slightly different.

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've got a similar opinion on most of these. I hadn't thought about that idea of an exogol instead of final duel, but it would have made so much more sense and probably sold better. 

Seeing as the Final Duel set was probably hastily put together, I'd assume they would think a set based on the scene that solidifies Vader's arc would sell better than a set based on the scene that destroys it.

Edited by JekPorkchops

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

SolidBrixStudios made a video on that but I honestly don't know why he jumped to that conclusion. These boxart corner portraits rarely mean anything, it's not like we only got OT sets during the usage of the Vader boxart :shrug_oh_well: We'll just have to wait and see

mmmh you do make a good point. Although i think there could be some potentially cool sets to make out of the mandalorian soldiers from the siege or the bad batch and perhaps an ahsoka maul duel set i don't think they're gonna like make *that* much more clone wars sets, to be honest i just hope we get some mauldalorians somewhere between late 2020 and early 2021

2 minutes ago, NicDotFR said:

mmmh you do make a good point. Although i think there could be some potentially cool sets to make out of the mandalorian soldiers from the siege or the bad batch and perhaps an ahsoka maul duel set i don't think they're gonna like make *that* much more clone wars sets, to be honest i just hope we get some mauldalorians somewhere between late 2020 and early 2021

There are definetely a lot of possibilities but that applies to a lot of movies (even non Star Wars, besides from 2 sets LEGO hasn't touched the original Jurassic Park trilogy for example). It's just a matter of time I suppose, they'll run out of stuff to do eventually.

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope not, I'm not willing to pay more than 70 for this (looks similar in size to the Night Buzzard)

Yeah, the cockpit made me think of something like the pelta, but looking at it it's not as big as that set. I could see $70-80, maybe? I still can't get a good idea of the size. 

9 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

I am tempted to buy the I-TS transport. I quite like the design as apart from the U-wing the Rebels and Resistance usually don't have such troop transports. 

The new Final Dual is as close as a true re-release (not a remake) you can get these days, for Star Wars at least. I thought it was weird that the catalogue showed a 2015 set until I realized it was slightly different.

Seeing as the Final Duel set was probably hastily put together, I'd assume they would think a set based on the scene that solidifies Vader's arc would sell better than a set based on the scene that destroys it.

Same, it's a new design for the resistance, and looks great.

When I first saw the final duel while looking at this I also thought it was just the 2015 set, as people post random stuff on the legoleaks hashtag so often.

Seriously? Aside from the fact that lego doesn't decide not to make sets because of someone's personal opinion, we have no indication that Final Duel was hastily put together.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, the cockpit made me think of something like the pelta, but looking at it it's not as big as that set. I could see $70-80, maybe? I still can't get a good idea of the size. 

It's yet another example of LEGO not really knowing what angle of a set they should use in promotional material

I guarantee that the Final Duel, Grievous' Starfighter, and Anakin's Jedi Starfighter are being released because of the Skywalker Saga video game. All of these sets include iconic characters and vehicles from the saga that I'm sure people will be interested in after playing the game. This is also probably also the reason why we got a new Luke's Landspeeder in the winter wave.

As for the I-TS transport, I think it will sell really well in the theme parks and I hope that we will see Hondo in the near future. I'm really interested in seeing the interior of it too. 

I thought these pictures coming out would be a good opportunity to come out of the shadows of this forum like a few others have already. So here are my thoughts on the new sets (that I've seen pictures of):

Anakin's Interceptor: It doesn't look that much different from the 2014 version. Anakin and R2-D2 make sense in this set, but I think it would have been a nice set to throw an updated Captain Rex into. It's a little bit more expensive than I'd like, but I don't have any of the previous versions of this vehicle in yellow, so I'll probably be picking this set up.

501st "Battle Pack": I can't say I'm overly thrilled about the new Clone Trooper designs, but I'm glad this set exists. It's nice to see a new BARC Speeder, but the AT-RT is definitely a step down from the versions in 75261 and 75002. That being said, the figures are the main draw of this set and they don't disappoint. I'll probably get a few of these.

AAT: I was very excited when I heard about the rumors of this set. Now that we have images, I am somewhat disappointed. On one hand, the new Ashoka and 332nd Trooper are cool but have a couple of issues that others have already mentioned. The AAT Driver Battle Droids make sense here and I'm glad that they are labeled correctly this time, but I have quite a few of them from last year's AT-AP and Droid Gunship, so they aren't very interesting to me. I would have liked to see some more Battle Droids or other Separatist figures because when matched against the 501st "Battle Pack", the Separatists will lose the battle most of the time just based on what is included in each set. I think the AAT build looks horrendous and is probably the worst system-scale AAT build released so far. It looks like what I'd imagine a Juniors AAT would look like, and the rounded pieces they used to make the base look bad. The lack of stickers/prints on them is also a disappointment. However, with a lot of work, it is probably salvageable. The price of this set is also a bit steep in my opinion, but it isn't the worst priced set here. I'll probably pick up a few of these, but hopefully at a discount, because I anticipate the cost of the parts to fix the build won't be cheap.

Night Buzzard: The build looks really good, and is more or less exactly what I expected this set would look like. It would have been cool to get more minifigures, but the Knights of Ren all being represented is all that I could really ask for. This set looks really solid, but I don't care about the ST, so I'll be passing on this one.

General Grievous' Starfighter: It looks very similar to the 2010 set, but with some noticeable changes. The model looks good, but the figures are disappointing. Reusing the Obi-Wan from the Mustafar set and the Grievous from his Combat Speeder don't do this set any favors, even if those figures are accurate to the scene, which is debatable. The new-ish 212th Airborne Trooper is a nice inclusion, but I have a few of those guys already, and that figure alone doesn't justify me spending $80 on a vehicle that I already have. I don't plan on picking up this set. The only reason I would is to review it and likely to reach the conclusion that it is too expensive. Unless there is some other build in here that isn't on the front of the box that makes this set worth the money, I'll probably pass on it.

DS-II Duel: I thought this was the 2015 version of the set when I saw the images of it. However, it isn't, but it is apparently different from that set. The set and figures look passable to me, but it is a bit more expensive than I'd want to pay for it. I don't have the 2015 set, so I may consider picking this up, but it isn't a very high priority.

Resistance IT-S Transport: I didn't know this thing existed until the set images leaked. The build looks very nicely polished and the figures look pretty good. I don't have anything against this set existing, but I think there are probably some better/more relevant sets they could have made instead. At least we can't say that something is too obscure to be made as a set now. I think this set is good, but it isn't for me. Easy pass.

The Razor Crest: I haven't seen The Mandalorian yet so I don't know too much about the accuracy of this set, but it looks pretty nice. The ship is well designed and the figures are good for the most part, although there are some inaccuracies (cough, cough, the Mandalorian has the wrong armor). Overall, this is another good set that isn't for me. It's a pass for now, but maybe I'll reconsider after seeing The Mandalorian.

The Mandalorian and Child Brickheadz: Brickheadz aren't really my thing, but the set looks good. I can see the appeal to those who like Brickheadz. Easy pass for me.

AT-AT: It's cool to see a new AT-AT for the 40th anniversary of ESB. The set doesn't look bad, but something about the build's proportions looks off to me. Other than that, there are lots of improvements and nice play features, so I can overlook that. The figures also aren't bad, and the interior space of the walker is used much better to store them. That being said, it is a rather expensive set and I already have an AT-AT. I may consider picking one up in the future, but it isn't a very high priority.

The Advent Calendar: Not bad. There are some decent Christmas figures and I'm excited to see the Lucrehulk's first representation in an official Lego set, even if it is just a mini build. I don't usually buy advent calendars, so I don't plan on getting this one either. I can see the appeal, but I'll pass on this one.

Overall, this wave is kind of all over the place, not only with stuff from every era but with different release dates for some of the sets. This wave looks pretty good on paper, but a lot of the decisions Lego made with these sets leaves me scratching my head. Some of the sets here are really solid, but there are a lot of nearly unchanged rereleases and sets that just don't look very good. I guess my wallet will be happy though. That being said, there is something for everyone here, which is something I hope Lego continues to make a priority when making sets in the future.

Ooh, new leaks. 

Finally! Finally! Finally! A new Ahsoka! I’ve been waiting for that for two years, and she’s in a smallish set too. The AAT does indeed look ugly, but it has some good parts. I’ll get it, scrap it, and revel in finally having a good-looking version of my favourite character. The 501st trooper with the Ahsoka-painted helmet is just the icing on the cake - I don’t think I can justify getting more than one of those AAT sets but I loved the ‘Ahsoka-troopers’ in TCW so I hope there really is a battle pack or something. Extra props for sharing an identical torso with the 501st troopers, since I fully plan on getting that Battle Pack as well. Normally I’d complain about reusing prints but in this case it’s perfect.

That and the 501st are really the only ones I care about of the new reveals. Probably going to get the Razorcrest too, if budget allows, but money might be tight this year so fingers crossed I guess. The Night Buzzard is cool and would look awesome next to Kylo Ren’s Shuttle from last year, but I don’t think I can justify getting it. 

Do we have a confirmed release date? August?

11 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Do we have a confirmed release date? August?

If I'm not mistaken, everything except the Razor Crest and Advent Calendar are supposed to show up in August.  I know the six sets we knew about + the retail exclusive DS Duel + the Brickheadz were supposed to be August 1st (the 501st set on shop.lego.com says August 1st release date), we didn't know about the Resistance Transport set but August would make sense, and I believe the Razor Crest pre-order says September 1st, I think the Advent Calendar is September as well but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Will definitely be getting the Night Buzzard. Shame they put one KoR in the Xwing though as I don't collect good guy ships and will end up with only 5 of the 6 unless I bricklink the missing one.

Never got the original Final Duel as I already had the Death Star and didn't feel the need. This remake/reissue hasn't changed my opinion one bit. Maybe if they'd put in Moff Jerjerrod or some Imperial dignitaries instead of the Royal Guards. Despite not really liking RotS I would have preferred an Exegol Final Duel set as the figures and throne would at least have been interesting and new.

Resistance ship does nothing for me - the figures look interesting but there are far too few for such an expensive set.

Will get the Razor Crest as that looks great (no he's not a good guy!).

Everything else is of no interest.

Is this wave a bit heavy on re-releases? Or maybe it just feels that way to me because the re-releases we are getting are (mostly) pretty exact replicas of old ones.

Really, the only builds that aren't some sort of re-release are the night buzzard and the resistance ship. Personally, I don't know what Lego was thinking when they picked those. Some have mentioned a final duel set in place of the RotJ one; if they were looking for a TRoS set, I don't know why Exogol wouldn't be their first choice instead of the night buzzard. I really don't know what kid will remember that ship in particular from the movie. Seems like something only AFOLs or people buying the whole wave would buy... in which case, it's still a weird choice.

Also, how many Anakin starfighters are we going to get? We've had three now in the past, what, four years? Another Jedi would be nice. If they're going to do a re-release like this one that's a near-exact replica, I think they had a good thing going when they included Nute Gunray in the interceptor way back when. Wish they'd mixed up the minifigs with something like that.

I really like the final duel set... but it really just feels like a let down in a wave dominated by builds we've gotten before. Would be nice to see Lego show some creativity with this line sooner or later. If they need ideas, I'm sure we can help lol

Really just kinda disappointing in general bc we just had the last season of clone wars, this is probably it for the subtheme other than remakes, and the biggest sets are a re-released AT-AT, a TROS, and a replica of RotJ final duel. Meh.

Edited by DarkLordSauron

18 minutes ago, DarkLordSauron said:

Is this wave a bit heavy on re-releases? Or maybe it just feels that way to me because the re-releases we are getting are (mostly) pretty exact replicas of old ones.

Really, the only builds that aren't some sort of re-release are the night buzzard and the resistance ship. Personally, I don't know what Lego was thinking when they picked those. Some have mentioned a final duel set in place of the RotJ one; if they were looking for a TRoS set, I don't know why Exogol wouldn't be their first choice instead of the night buzzard. I really don't know what kid will remember that ship in particular from the movie. Seems like something only AFOLs or people buying the whole wave would buy... in which case, it's still a weird choice.

It is ridiculously heavy on re-releases. It's a crying shame that only TROS got new sets, it's kind of insulting.

As for the Night Buzzard, even the Slave I had more presence in Empire. I watched TROS and never noticed it. And I'm pretty attentive to movie details. Some people like it, and that's fine, but it's still kind of pointless. Exegol would've achieved the same goal of completing the Knights.

Maybe next year will be a bit more appealing across the board. One can only hope.

12 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

It is ridiculously heavy on re-releases. It's a crying shame that only TROS got new sets, it's kind of insulting.

As for the Night Buzzard, even the Slave I had more presence in Empire. I watched TROS and never noticed it. And I'm pretty attentive to movie details. Some people like it, and that's fine, but it's still kind of pointless. Exegol would've achieved the same goal of completing the Knights.

Maybe next year will be a bit more appealing across the board. One can only hope.

Good, sometimes I worry I'm just irrationally nit-picky with Lego, but I was so ready for a TCW/Mandolorian wave and most of it is just weird re-releases. A big let down. I don't know if I'm just out of touch with what people like or if I don't understand Lego's rationale for set selection, but I can't imagine the Night Buzzard will sell better than exogol or a siege of mandalore set.

Of course, the obvious explanation is the Night Buzzard is a ship and lego has a clear affinity for ships over locations, even if the ship gets 0.5 seconds of screentime (literally, as in the case of the quadjumper). Meanwhile cloud city comes around once every decade, we've never gotten a Jedi Temple, Mandalore architecture would be an AWESOME lego build... they just don't like locations. Maybe the sales data backs it up idk

Honestly, I do think this community can be a bit out of touch. These are toys for kids, so it seems obvious to me that there would be a lot of re-releases. Something released 5 years ago hasn't even been seen by the majority of kids playing with legos in 2020. Something as popular as the Jedi starfighter needs to be on store shelves every year. I get that it's Anakin every time and I'd love to get my hands on Kit Fisto or someone in a cheaper set, but most kids want Anakin. You don't like TROS? That's fine, but it's also the latest movie so it's obviously going to get the new sets, because that's the one that Lego's core audience has actually seen most recently.

Everyone's wants are valid of course, and I get the frustration of not seeing the sets we think are obvious winners year after year. But we also have to remember that the Lego company exists as a business, and we as adult fans still make up a pretty small proportion of their audience. They're trying to make a little bit of everything for everyone, and part of that means continually re-releasing certain sets. There's no need to be insulted. In fact, I've seen a lot of AFOLs request that the Lego company make more vehicles that havent been made yet, and many have asked for the Night Buzzard, so clearly they are trying to appease that segment of the audience too. It just didn't happen to be the one you wanted this time.

7 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

Honestly, I do think this community can be a bit out of touch. These are toys for kids, so it seems obvious to me that there would be a lot of re-releases. Something released 5 years ago hasn't even been seen by the majority of kids playing with legos in 2020. Something as popular as the Jedi starfighter needs to be on store shelves every year. I get that it's Anakin every time and I'd love to get my hands on Kit Fisto or someone in a cheaper set, but most kids want Anakin. You don't like TROS? That's fine, but it's also the latest movie so it's obviously going to get the new sets, because that's the one that Lego's core audience has actually seen most recently.

Everyone's wants are valid of course, and I get the frustration of not seeing the sets we think are obvious winners year after year. But we also have to remember that the Lego company exists as a business, and we as adult fans still make up a pretty small proportion of their audience. They're trying to make a little bit of everything for everyone, and part of that means continually re-releasing certain sets. There's no need to be insulted. In fact, I've seen a lot of AFOLs request that the Lego company make more vehicles that havent been made yet, and many have asked for the Night Buzzard, so clearly they are trying to appease that segment of the audience too. It just didn't happen to be the one you wanted this time.

I agree with what you’re saying here.  Also, some people seem to be forgetting that the Razor Crest is coming too (I can understand why, though, since it was revealed a while ago), which, prior to being revealed, was a huge source of contempt for people since we weren’t supposed to be getting anything Mandalorian related.  I mean, it seems like with a lot of sets the attitude is either “Why is this a rerelease?  It’s only been six years!” or “It’s been SEVEN years since we got a release of (whatever vehicle).  We are SO overdue for a new one, what is LEGO doing?” almost always.

Just like you said, kids playing with LEGO were probably way too young to either build or afford the last AT-AT, now they can get one.  The last time we had a TCW Ahsoka released, I’d guess a decent contingent of TCW fans either were very young or weren’t into the show yet.  People had been *ahem* requesting a 501st set for like four years now, I get that the builds are a rerelease but it seems like most people care about the figures anyway.  

I’m in no way saying that people have no right to be disappointed or that they can’t be critical of the sets, I’m just saying that I don’t feel as if this wave has the flaws people are saying it does.

Complaining is definitely ever-present in the AFOL community, but there have been quite a range of reactions to this new wave here from positive to mixed to negative. It isn't like one big consensus groan, even about particular sets.

Some rereleases are always justified with Star Wars since there are always new kids coming into the right age. At the same time, the Star Wars team at LEGO are certainly aware of the adult market and should be aware of what they haven't done before, even minifigure-wise.

There are a bunch of opportunities with these sets to at least include new minifigures if these have to be the set choices:

Grevious' Ship: include an accurate Cody and an Utapauan, and could include a Separatist leader.

Anakin's Starfighter: could also include a Separatist or at least a new, more accurate Buzz Droid build?

Final Duel: a moff, or sure, one or two of Palpatine's aides. They've done characters as obscure with as little screen time before!

Stuff like that.

But personally Grevious' ship is a waste of a spot anyway since it's so unimportant and appears so very little. The Night Buzzard is at least new and relevant since the film is still pretty fresh.

24 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I agree with what you’re saying here.  Also, some people seem to be forgetting that the Razor Crest is coming too (I can understand why, though, since it was revealed a while ago), which, prior to being revealed, was a huge source of contempt for people since we weren’t supposed to be getting anything Mandalorian related.  I mean, it seems like with a lot of sets the attitude is either “Why is this a rerelease?  It’s only been six years!” or “It’s been SEVEN years since we got a release of (whatever vehicle).  We are SO overdue for a new one, what is LEGO doing?” almost always.

Yeah, I totally agree here, they pretty much have to keep shelves stocked with the same few sets re-released every few years. On the other hand, most kids these days are not hard core ESB fans/will spend $160 on an AT-AT. Same goes for a RotJ nearing $100. IDK it just seems weird when we have new content specifically for kids released recently. And again, totally get that there will be TROS sets in every wave for the foreseeable future, but the night buzzard would seem low on the priority list. I guess I view OT sets as mainly in the market for AFOLs and the night buzzard was obviously pushed by AFOLs, not kids, so I guess I just have a hard time understanding the rationale behind this wave. But Lego are the experts at what sells.

Also, just noticed they did away with the terrible clone wars eyes. Very happy about that.

Edited by DarkLordSauron

28 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

Hey, it's all personal opinion. I feel that Lego is given a lot of passes, sometimes unnecessarily. I don't always agree with Lego's decisions, and I don't have to. For years, Lego's shafted multiple parts of the community, be it the PT crowd, the CW crowd, even the OT crowd. Sure, they throw bones here and there, but overall, Lego does what it wants. Plain and simple. And that's their right, of course.

Rereleases are also perfectly acceptable for the reasons you and others mention, but even still, Anakin's Interceptor is a bit of a lazy choice. At least give us the green! :laugh:

Frequent fliers with little improvements (sans recent OT Fighters), can get a tad tiring. And no one was exactly clamoring for a new Soulless One. TROS gets new sets, sure, but aside from the 501st Legion, the Razorcrest, AAT, and I'll be nice and add the AT-AT, where's the innovation? The flair, if you will.

Personally, I like a good chunk of the wave, 6/9 sets are solid to me. But, I still see critical errors in Lego's business model. Kids may be the target audience, but what kid wouldn't take a clone wars fighter here and there? It's about spreading the love, something Lego does have trouble with. And no, simply making an era-related set doesn't count.

19 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I mean, it seems like with a lot of sets the attitude is either “Why is this a rerelease?  It’s only been six years!” or “It’s been SEVEN years since we got a release of (whatever vehicle).  We are SO overdue for a new one, what is LEGO doing?” almost always.

Yeah, the community naturally has very different opinions on the same thing haha. I mean how often to people clamor about how we're owed a new MTT. But of course that will happen on any forum; we're not all one hivemind after all.

3 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

But personally Grevious' ship is a waste of a spot anyway since it's so unimportant and appears so very little. The Night Buzzard is at least new and relevant since the film is still pretty fresh.

This I basically agree with. No new figs, not a set I've seen people really wanting, and way way overpriced at that.

3 minutes ago, DarkLordSauron said:

On the other hand, most kids these days are not hard core ESB fans/will spend $160 on an AT-AT. Same goes for a RotJ nearing $100. IDK it just seems weird when we have new content specifically for kids released recently.

I don't disagree with your overall point that their decisions can be confusing at times and it's surely not unquestionable, but I do think there's one very important market you're forgetting about here: teens and young adults. This is the first AT-AT in I believe 6 years. There are a lot of people out there who couldn't afford this set as kids or couldn't convince their parents to shell out over $100 for a Lego set who now might be working and making their own money. When I was in my early 20s and working my first big boy job, I bought a number of sets (or their re-releases) that my family couldn't afford when I was younger.