MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

As a theme park fan, I am very, very pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of the Galaxy’s Edge set. Wow! It works well with the Star Wars line AND it’s a decent fit with the two massive D2C Disney parks sets (even though it’s on a smaller scale). The inclusion of Vi, Bek and that astromech elevate it to something that Galaxy’s Edge lovers like me will want to grab right away! 

Do we know which one is the store exclusive and which one was the unknown sets now? Or is there still some sets to be revealed? Btw hi I’m new here :) 

3 minutes ago, Deakz2806 said:

Do we know which one is the store exclusive and which one was the unknown sets now? Or is there still some sets to be revealed? Btw hi I’m new here :) 

It is most likely that the galaxy edge set will be the exclusive since we got no info about it before.

Just now, Thieda said:

It is most likely that the galaxy edge set will be the exclusive since we got no info about it before.

Ah thank you! That’s good to know! Stoked by the release some things are a little underwhelming but still good regardless

interesting how nobody complaines here about reuse of Shak Ti's lekku piece for Ashoka. Back when it was used for her older Rebels variant, peopel complained super hard. Now she is even younger and it fits even less.

Of course its a good thing people are just happy about a good thing; which is that we do get an Ahsoka figure at all. Still I would have liked propper new Lekku piece or at least the old version reused.
Unfortunate also that she seems to yet again not have pupils. I dont get why they keep doing this only for our female SW alien figures!

- The ressistance ship looks good and usable!
- final duel: Well probably they bring this out cause they expect it to sell better than TROS final duel set. And if you already have it, fine for you - set is probably made for many people who didnt buy the last one. And what other figures could they have included? Stormtrooper who didnt appear in the scene? Palpi's politician friends which will never see a figure?

In any case this is the best SW wave I've seen for a long time.

5 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

interesting how nobody complaines here about reuse of Shak Ti's lekku piece for Ashoka. Back when it was used for her older Rebels variant, peopel complained super hard. Now she is even younger and it fits even less.

Of course its a good thing people are just happy about a good thing; which is that we do get an Ahsoka figure at all. Still I would have liked propper new Lekku piece or at least the old version reused.

You've revealed LEGO's strategy: starve Star Wars fans of anything truly desirable for so long that they'll overlook any flaws and cost-cutting measures when something new is released :laugh:

Yeah the Lekku piece is horribly wrong, and the way they've printed the new S7 band she wears where the Lekku meet her head not even at the edge of the piece is laughably bad, but hey, it's finally a new Ahsoka so whatever, right? :sarcasm:

Just like the Mandalorian himself is reused in the Razor Crest and inaccurate to how he looks in the majority of the season, and Obi-Wan in the Soulless One is too scuffed, and on and on. The flaws abound.

5 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yeah the Lekku piece is horribly wrong, and the way they've printed the new S7 band she wears where the Lekku meet her head not even at the edge of the piece is laughably bad, but hey, it's finally a new Ahsoka so whatever, right? :sarcasm:

Just like the Mandalorian himself is reused in the Razor Crest and inaccurate to how he looks in the majority of the season, and Obi-Wan in the Soulless One is too scuffed, and on and on. The flaws abound.

Atleast she has a double-sided face print :wink::laugh:

Had not realised the laziness of the minifigure selection in the Soulless One- Grievous isn’t tan and Obi-Wan is from Mustafar  :cry_sad:

I agree with most of what has been said, very unexcitable wave. Only one i will get is grievous/aat cause i missed previous ones that were released.

Still not seeing galaxy edge leak though, all i see is mini figures.

Damn, that's a fine line of LSW sets coming up!

My favorite has to be the AAT with Ahsoka. Might get that set just for her (why are her figs/parts so expensive on BL? :oh3:)

General Grievous' Starfighter looks great to me and the figs included make sense. However since I'm perfectly satisfied with my current fighter and versions of those figures, I'll pass.

Night Buzzard looks great too, glad to see it does indeed include the remaining Knights of Ren (right? or am I horribly n00bing here? :blush: ).
Too bad Rey doesn't have a yellow lightsaber though, but it does also make sense and is easily fixed.

The Resistance Transport is an interesting surprise! It looks rather neat and the minifigures provide a nice variety to the SW community. I miiiight get this one, in spite of its size. Have to see interior pics first before I make up my mind (and find a place to put it :innocent:)

Death Star Final Duel is also a surprise and for me an easy skip. 

Regards,
Mitch

A new final duel? I forget who said it, but they said no matter what we guessed it'd still be wrong! :laugh:

I like the new Resistance tank, and probably will get one on the second-hand (provided it's not also on Lego.com). Who knew that Galaxy's Edge would be the place for original ST vehicles?

Night Buzzard I never liked since I heard the rumor, only three figures sustains my point.

AAT is a Day 1 buy, maybe I'll get a couple for the 332nd Troopers. :wub:

It's an Airborne! Since I already have Grievous and recently bought the Mustafar Duel, and I have Airbornes from 2014, I'm content with skipping Grievous' Starfighter.

Despite hoping for literally anything else, I may get the Final Duel, as I still don't have a Palpatine.

Also, only 2 figures in a set from 2014 that now cost $30? Boo. Even the Aethersprite was $20 like it's decade old predecessor, why not the Eta-2? $25 okay, but for $30, we needed an extra figure.

Pretty cheap wave for me. The Night Buzzard is the standout of the new sets. The ship turned out to be a decent size and the last two knights look amazing! Not sold on the build for the AAT just yet as it looks even stubbier than the last version but its good to have a new Ahsoka figure.

The Resistance Shuttle looks nice but I don't have any attachment to Galaxy's Edge since I've never been to the theme park. Had it been based on the ST with characters from the movies it would probably appeal to me more.

Anakin's Interceptor, Grievous' Starfighter and Death Star Final Duel are all an easy pass. I don't think any of them have changed enough to warrant upgrading and the lack of new characters is underwhelming. Missed opportunity not updating the Royal Guards with the skirt piece or including a non-battle damaged Obi-Wan.

All sets are very exciting! Especially the Night Buzzard and Grievous Starfighter, they look really realistic, very good detailing.

But what the _ Legos done with AAT? It is even smaller than the AT-RT from 501st Legion! The scale of whole tank is smaller than it need to be. It looks like MOC of 10 y.o. kid, not the professional designers. I would take only minifigures, the tank is too bad. 

What a strange wave.

Anakin’s Eta2 and Grevious’ starfighter are the same as previous sets.

The Night Buzzard looks interesting.

The AAT looks ok but uses the wrong bottom pieces.

Is this resistance transport the one from TROS? Otherwise is this original content again?

The Final Duel is great though and is my favourite scene across all movies. Also good to finally get The Senate.

13 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

Is this resistance transport the one from TROS? Otherwise is this original content again?

It's based on Galaxy's Edge :classic:

Btw, there's also a better image of the advent calendar and I was right, the motive on Poe's sweater is BB-8 :head_back:

That Airborne Trooper in Grievous's Starfighter is 'interesting' - the helmet print looks to be identical to the realistic 2014 one complete with the little light grey weathering marks, but his torso and legs are re-done in the new animated style, despite the airborne trooper never appearing in animated form. They'll have done it so that he vaguely matches the other animated style troopers being released in this wave, so it looks like this new style may be here to stay for all clones rather than animated ones and we can sadly say goodbye to the 2014 style, but in that case why not make him a standard 212th in the new style instead? We actually saw them in numbers in TCW season 7, and would fit just as well in that set. Presumably the cost of setting up a new print design for a standard 212th trooper's helmet in the new style is greater than the cost of the additional kama / skirt piece that the airborne uses, otherwise it seems almost random. Would be insteresting to get a better look at that piece, it looks like it's dark grey which would be a new colour for that cloth piece (if it's the same design of cloth, appears to be).

Looks like the 501st jet trooper still has the standard 501st leg design too, which is inaccurate - I'm getting the feeling these new clones haven't had as much attention to detail put in as the previous ones, despite the addition of foot printing.

The AAT isn't the worst, the turret looks pretty good, but the body is quite a bit too small to my eye. The front of the hull where the driver is doesn't look quite right to me either. Ah well, I'll just stick with my 2009 versions, though I might pick one up for Ahsoka (and the 332nd Trooper's helmet) as I imagine they'll be in high demand separate on Bricklink. Shame about her headband print though, I'd hoped they'd fix that after they did the same with the rebels version, but apparently not. I do need a proper Ahsoka fig though so I'll overlook it.

I'm surprised we didn't get a Captain Rex in this wave, to match the new style troopers - with how different these new style troopers are compared to the last 2013 TCW style Rex I suspect they won't look very good next to each other. Think I might just put the 332nd Trooper's helmet on a 2013 501st, that should work, and I'd only want one or two anyway.

WOW!!! Incredibly excited for the Galaxy’s Edge themed set! Apart from Thrawn, I believe this might be the first minifigure of a character originating in Star Wars literature (Vi Moradi).

Very, very cool!

Apart from that, the Ahsoka set is pretty good (is it just me, or does the AAT keep getting smaller...), and I’m absolutely puzzled by the straight rehash of the Death Star II Duel set. Huh??

Hi everyone,

Been lurking on this page for a long while and finally decided to make an account to talk about this new wave.

Am I the only one who gets the sense that the minifigure photos in this wave aren’t final? The really specialized/desirable figures (Knights of Ren, 332nd, Ashoka) seems to be complete, but the lower priority/less desirable/less rare figures (AAT Battle Droids, Obi Wan) are using recent versions of figures that don’t even match their name. (See Kashyyyk droid placed over two differently named battle droid classes).

I dunno, I’m just getting the vibe that because these aren’t final set pictures/meant to be released yet, certain figures might be placeholders. It wouldn’t surprise me, as the pandemic could be making it difficult to coordinate physical photoshoots with new figures that weren’t ready before this all went down.

Edited by FeepoGerbin

Hi all - just like FeepoGerbin I've been a lurker for a while but coming out of the shadows now.

This wave has me in two minds. As someone who hasn't collected many Star Wars sets for a good seven or eight years now I'm excited by the AAT and Grievous' ship (price notwithstanding), and I don't have Anakin's interceptor in any form yet. The advent calendar also looks great - two Christmas figs in one calendar is pretty sweet. That said, there does seem to be a lot of 'phoning in'. Even though I don't have the original DSII set I won't be picking this one up.

Part of me is wondering if the pandemic is a reason for a lot of the carry-over parts, and maybe the DSII re-hash? I have no idea if LEGO's sales have been hit hard by it but some of those smaller corner-cutting measures could certainly help to offset that.

@FeepoGerbin & @TeddytheSpoon: Welcome to Eurobricks! :sweet:

I think them being placeholders is quite unlikely since the images are from a consumer catalogue. Sure, errors can happen here or there, but I would assume that everything you see here is finalised :classic:

And the pandemic can't be at fault for the DS2 duel "rehash" since it usually takes roughly a year between the inception and release of a set, regardless of whether it's a remake or not. The differences between the 2015 and 2020 versions are subtle, but they're there

Edited by Lego-Freak

@Lego-Freak Happy to be here, and appreciate the welcoming words!

Gah. That's a bummer. The Ashoka and 332nd are really exciting, but Kashyyyk droids? I already had two from the AT-DP, so these will be an army boost for me, but they seem so out of place in that set...

Also kinda irked that we don't get a new Rex. I might be in the minority on this, but I think the P2 Clone Wars version is really strange looking. I'd like one to combine the new P2/realistic P1 designs. Oh well, TCW killed it in streaming stats in May so hopefully Lego will see that as an incentive to bring him along in a future wave.

The final duel is basically identical to the last one.

Really a missed opportunity to get that instead of an exogal throne.

This will be the first wave in awhile I'm not interested in a single set (except the advent).  Maybe there will be an exclusive we havent seen yet?

Edited by lego the hutt

1 minute ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Also kinda irked that we don't get a new Rex. I might be in the minority on this, but I think the P2 Clone Wars version is really strange looking. I'd like one to combine the new P2/realistic P1 designs. Oh well, TCW killed it in streaming stats in May so hopefully Lego will see that as an incentive to bring him along in a future wave.

What makes this wave even more baffling is that they haven’t gone all out for The Clone Wars, it was obvious it would smash it pandemic or not. 

I don’t get the Galaxy Edge set at all, most kids as well as adults globally will know nothing about the set and figures. I certainly had never heard of it and I’d like to think I know a lot of characters/ships/vehicles etc. 

These figures are definitely final. 

2 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I don’t get the Galaxy Edge set at all, most kids as well as adults globally will know nothing about the set and figures. I certainly had never heard of it and I’d like to think I know a lot of characters/ships/vehicles etc. 

This. From now on whenever someone says "that's too niche to get a set" we will forever show them this set. I don't mind it per se, but come on, we can't get a Z-95 or an ARC-170?

I'm torn about the Final Duel as I never got the 2015 version, but I could just buy that off eBay or Bricklink if I really wanted it. I'm sure all of us would much rather have had something new (and no the transport doesn't count)