MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

In the bottom left, the part that shows the front of the box, someone is holding a lightsaber. It's probably wishful thinking but it looks yellow to me.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

In the bottom left, the part that shows the front of the box, someone is holding a lightsaber. It's probably wishful thinking but it looks yellow to me.

I'm afraid that's Darth Vader with his Christmas sweater, so I don't think that's a yellow saber :tongue: might be wrong of course, 'cause it's incredibly blurry. 
Also, if TROS Rey is included, she might still hold a yellow lightsaber :sweet::thumbup: 

All in all, sounds like a nice Advent Calendar!

Regards,
Mitch

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Glad Rey is from TROS but how many Tatooine Lukes do we need? That figure is getting old. Nice to have another Sith Trooper and Stormtroopers are always welcome

I just swap the heads and hair and use them as mos eisley civilians, but yeah, it's disappointing it's not bespin luke. 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Definitely looks like it! If it is, I wonder what motive the sweater has... BB-8? :laugh:

Edit: Wait, is that an updated pit droid I see?? Finally, after all these years :cry_happy:

Yeah, he's definately not in his pilot or TROS outfit. Pit droid is nice too, since it counts as a build but works with figures.

Poe's holding something weird, it looks to have translucent pieces to me. Rey is holding a lightsaber hilt in the image of the opened box, but no lightsaber blade at all as far as I can tell, so no hint there on whether it's a blue or yellow saber.

There is also what I believe to be our first lucrehulk ship mini build above the falcon.

Could someone tell me what instgram page exactly had the leak?  I always search these things and find multiple lego star wars leaks pages, but rarely find the leaks being talked about here.

34 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

Came across this:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/exclusive-lego-star-wars-ucs-republic-gunship-deep-in-development/

Though to be expected it doesn’t give any real new info (though confirms the design stage wasn’t started before the poll was over)

Unless I am misreading the quotes in the article, it seems they are confirming this will be larger than minifig scale. 

I'm happy that LEGO finally put some holiday exclusive figures in the advent calendars like how they did prior to 2016. The most recent ones were pretty mediocre at best. Looking forward to the HQ pictures soon. 

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Unless I am misreading the quotes in the article, it seems they are confirming this will be larger than minifig scale. 

I don't think anything in the article screamed 'bigger than minifig scale' to me, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part

21 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

I'm happy that LEGO finally put some holiday exclusive figures in the advent calendars like how they did prior to 2016. The most recent ones were pretty mediocre at best. Looking forward to the HQ pictures soon. 

dont think so, looks to me just like a city torso with Vader head and legs

Unlike the old times special christmas collored versions of SW torso.

To me the Advent callendar is a pass so far.

No interesting christmas figs (the last interesting one was white fur Chewie if i recall correctly.

No interesting special figs like Merrick. or silver protocoll droid (lazy to lookup his name)

No interesting harder to find figs (Jawas after sandcrawler release, cloud city guard after Slave 1

Do i see the mandatory useless standard battledroid to cheat that there is one more minifig ?

I dont case about minibuilds as those are just one time build when i open it and then go to parts bins - so its only interesting for unique parts or new color parts.

I dont care about any Sequel Trilogy figs.

If there is a OT stormtrooper, then it will be with ugly new helmet.

The only good calendar is for Harry Potter, hope all figs will be unique for his calendar - if we get main characters all the time, lets have them with unique prints).

Am wondering who is still purchasing those at the high price. Only parents (who dont understand it) and young TFOLS perhaps who do not remember the times when calendars were cool actually.

3 hours ago, UberCorp said:

We finally get our first Lucrehulk after 20 years :head_back:

YUP! I'm pretty happy, it's a major prequel ship, and especially since it's a separatist one and not trade federation. (not that that'd be a difficult thing to change at this scale, but I digress)

34 minutes ago, STARHAWK said:

dont think so, looks to me just like a city torso with Vader head and legs

Unlike the old times special christmas collored versions of SW torso.

Multiple leakers have said it's a new sweater print.

@STARHAWK, don't get discouraged too soon:

The Vader has an exclusive sweater print (maybe Poe too), so there is at least one interesting exclusive christmas minifigure

I'd say Poe and Rey aren't that common, and there's nothing wrong with a battledroid for armybuilding.

The minibuilds have been in these since the beginning, it's inevitable.

The sequel trilogy thing is opinion, but I would say that lego can't ignore 1/3 the franchise.

The OT stormtrooper helmet thing, yeah, I've got to agree with you there, not a fan of the new helmet design, although it is more likely.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

10 minutes ago, STARHAWK said:

To me the Advent callendar is a pass so far.

No interesting christmas figs (the last interesting one was white fur Chewie if i recall correctly.

No interesting special figs like Merrick. or silver protocoll droid (lazy to lookup his name)

No interesting harder to find figs (Jawas after sandcrawler release, cloud city guard after Slave 1

Do i see the mandatory useless standard battledroid to cheat that there is one more minifig ?

I dont case about minibuilds as those are just one time build when i open it and then go to parts bins - so its only interesting for unique parts or new color parts.

I dont care about any Sequel Trilogy figs.

If there is a OT stormtrooper, then it will be with ugly new helmet.

The only good calendar is for Harry Potter, hope all figs will be unique for his calendar - if we get main characters all the time, lets have them with unique prints).

Am wondering who is still purchasing those at the high price. Only parents (who dont understand it) and young TFOLS perhaps who do not remember the times when calendars were cool actually.

I agree, worst calendar in a few years. I only appreciate holiday figures, like the white Chewie that you mention that can fit in an authentic Star wars environment, in which Star Wars setting can I display a Vader with a cardigan? Totally useless

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

YUP! I'm pretty happy, it's a major prequel ship, and especially since it's a separatist one and not trade federation. (not that that'd be a difficult thing to change at this scale, but I digress)

Multiple leakers have said it's a new sweater print.

@STARHAWK, don't get discouraged too soon:

The Vader has an exclusive sweater print (maybe Poe too), so there is at least one interesting exclusive christmas minifigure

I'd say Poe and Rey aren't that common, and there's nothing wrong with a battledroid for armybuilding.

The minibuilds have been in these since the beginning, it's inevitable.

The sequel trilogy thing is opinion, but I would say that lego can't ignore 1/3 the franchise.

The OT stormtrooper helmet thing, yeah, I've got to agree with you there, not a fan of the new helmet design, although it is more likely.

Could be interesting only if it has his life support thing on it also, if its a plain city torso not yet released in city than its not interesting in a SW set.

I ignore ST, i purchased ST set only at 75% of its original price as a MISB :) just for the bricks and fig parts will be repurposed. Battledroids are 1eur on BL and there will be again a set with multiple with them.

Minibuilds are fun the first day except when u are a minibuilder specifically. But for kids its the first day and then it ends on the bottom of a lego box. The figs are the important part of a SW set - u can build any minibuilds u want - there are many good one with instructions even here on EB.

ST is not 1/3 of the franchise. U forget Rebels with many sets, 7 seasons of Clone Wars with even more sets, even games have their sets. Earnings of the ST was on a downward trajectory so there is a significant fan base which dont care about ST sets (hence we see a lot of OT and even CW sets and so far no ST UCS set ;)

Funny is they have a new mold for the X-Wing/Rebel pilot helmet but keep using the old mold. New strormtrooper mold is the reason i passed on that DS 30Eur set, also did not purchased multiple anniversary BP sets while i already have 6 mando BPs, also not interested in sandtrooper set (although i ave a use for an army at my Tatooine imperial outpost and to guard through the entire city)

But honestly im fine with that at the moment as my flat is filled up with lego boxes (currently lego is not stored only at toilet, bathroom and kitchen - all the other 5rooms have some boxes)

Imagine the problems i would have when they would produce good lego sets :) for me it can lasts so until i move to a bigger house. Then they will use armprint all the time when needed and produce good sets for the relevant SW material out there (bad batch BP,, mandalorian sets, jedi fallen order, put enough exclusive good minfigs for an uber-expensive big set like ISD - passed on that for less than 500 Eur while i have 2 UCS Falcons etc)

Just now, STARHAWK said:

Could be interesting only if it has his life support thing on it also, if its a plain city torso not yet released in city than its not interesting in a SW set.

I ignore ST, i purchased ST set only at 75% of its original price as a MISB :) just for the bricks and fig parts will be repurposed. Battledroids are 1eur on BL and there will be again a set with multiple with them.

Minibuilds are fun the first day except when u are a minibuilder specifically. But for kids its the first day and then it ends on the bottom of a lego box. The figs are the important part of a SW set - u can build any minibuilds u want - there are many good one with instructions even here on EB.

ST is not 1/3 of the franchise. U forget Rebels with many sets, 7 seasons of Clone Wars with even more sets, even games have their sets. Earnings of the ST was on a downward trajectory so there is a significant fan base which dont care about ST sets (hence we see a lot of OT and even CW sets and so far no ST UCS set ;)

Funny is they have a new mold for the X-Wing/Rebel pilot helmet but keep using the old mold. New strormtrooper mold is the reason i passed on that DS 30Eur set, also did not purchased multiple anniversary BP sets while i already have 6 mando BPs, also not interested in sandtrooper set (although i ave a use for an army at my Tatooine imperial outpost and to guard through the entire city)

But honestly im fine with that at the moment as my flat is filled up with lego boxes (currently lego is not stored only at toilet, bathroom and kitchen - all the other 5rooms have some boxes)

Imagine the problems i would have when they would produce good lego sets :) for me it can lasts so until i move to a bigger house. Then they will use armprint all the time when needed and produce good sets for the relevant SW material out there (bad batch BP,, mandalorian sets, jedi fallen order, put enough exclusive good minfigs for an uber-expensive big set like ISD - passed on that for less than 500 Eur while i have 2 UCS Falcons etc)

It's an ugly christmas sweater, and I don't know if it's just translation errors or something but a "plain city torso not yet released in city" doesn't make sense to me. It's an exclusive star wars mold.

And the sequel trilogy is roughly 1/3 the franchise, is that better? 3 films and the resistance show, it just has less seasons than TCW and rebels. It's got a fair amount of content, and we've only had one prequel UCS so far, the vast majority of them are for the OT, so of course there's no sequel UCS.  And the "significant fan base that doesn't care about ST sets" is probably not the target audience of lego sets, I haven't seen many 6-12 year olds hating on the sequel films. :)

And to be perfectly honest, your set expectations are completely unrealistic. 

25 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I agree, worst calendar in a few years. I only appreciate holiday figures, like the white Chewie that you mention that can fit in an authentic Star wars environment, in which Star Wars setting can I display a Vader with a cardigan? Totally useless

Santa chewie is the only SW figure you could make a case for fitting in an authentic SW environment though. Santa yoda, santa maul, santa fett, the previous santa vader, santa c-3po, and bb-8 and porg with christmas hats all don't fit in normal SW settings. Even then, Chewie's got his red and green bandolier.

Personally I think this is a great calendar. The return of the exclusive christmas figure, 2 major new characters, one of whom may have an exclusive sweater too, as well as the sith trooper, stormtrooper, and obligatory battle droid, who are all great army builders. And the first official lucrehulk doesn't hurt either, even if it's just a microbuild at least they know the ship exists! :laugh:

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Personally I think this is a great calendar. The return of the exclusive christmas figure, 2 major new characters, one of whom may have an exclusive sweater too, as well as the sith trooper, stormtrooper, and obligatory battle droid, who are all great army builders. And the first official lucrehulk doesn't hurt either, even if it's just a microbuild at least they know the ship exists! :laugh:

Yep I have to agree. This looks like an interesting calendar. I don't really know what the people complaining are expecting. It's not a set its just a Christmas calender that costs £25 they arent going to include loads of exclusive figures just one or two. I also dislike the complaints about a battle droid being included because they work as filler (in a good way) and an extra droid is never a bad thing. 

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And the "significant fan base that doesn't care about ST sets" is probably not the target audience of lego sets, I haven't seen many 6-12 year olds hating on the sequel films. :)

Exactly some people seem to forget that LEGO is mainly targeted towards kids. 

About the Gunship thing, the quote about the wings seems to imply it’s going to be larger than minifigure scale.  Considering that the normal one is basically minifigure scale, I don’t think they’d have trouble with the wings since they could basically adapt those designs.  Obviously nothing confirmed, but that seems more and more likely now.

In all honesty, I don’t know what people expected.  I can recall four minifigure scale UCS sets not counting the playsets, and all of them were models where a minifigure scale version can’t really be achieved at a price point for minifigure sets (Slave I, both Falcons, and Imperial Shuttle).  

The Gunship is already minifig scale at a mass retailer price point ($120-$140ish), and we’ve never had a case where a UCS version of a ship they can already create at an accurate scale continues to stay at that scale.

53 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And the sequel trilogy is roughly 1/3 the franchise, is that better?

Out of curiosity i counted it. Do u agree with my math in the table ? I hope we agree mandalorian is OT (OT stormies, Imperial remnants, no resistence/first order, knights of ren, OT X-wings etc.)

So then its 18% and it will go down after mando season 2, Obi-Wan and Cassian shows :)

SW_movie_runtime.PNG

32 minutes ago, STARHAWK said:

Out of curiosity i counted it. Do u agree with my math in the table ? I hope we agree mandalorian is OT (OT stormies, Imperial remnants, no resistence/first order, knights of ren, OT X-wings etc.)

So then its 18% and it will go down after mando season 2, Obi-Wan and Cassian shows :)

SW_movie_runtime.PNG

I'm so glad you're expending this much energy debating this really important point, rather than doing something truly productive like gazing at your navel.

40 minutes ago, STARHAWK said:

SW_movie_runtime.PNG

Who cares. Also arent we supposed to be discussing the sets and leaked calender not falling into pointless arguments about what the biggest part of the franchise is.

Edited by Gjm-greeny

For the record, I believe it's already been stated that Vader's sweater has a Death Star design on it, so it's definitely a new Star Wars-based print.

So i did a recap of calendars for me, the first 2 were starters, but at least a christmas fig was there

75023 (8.5figs)
- christmas Jango
- young Boba
- leg printed Scout Trooper
- unique R-unit
- Dookus pilot droid

75056 (9figs)
- christmas Vader
- General Riekan
- christmas R-unit
- not sure how expensive was that Luke at that time
- useful armybuild figs from OT

75097 (6.5figs)
- lazy christmas 3PO but still ok (somehow seems to be unique to this set - is that because of gold belt?)
- Jawa in a cheaper set aster UCS
- exclusive ewok
- legprinted Rebel snowtrooper

75146 (8 + 0.5 + 0.5 figs) - the best one
- exclusive christmas Chewie
- expensive Bespin guard
- exclusive protocol droid
- not common Death Star guard
- Jedi Luke from DS2 (no in cheap sets)
- fun brickbuild gonk droid

75184 (8 figs)
- here is when the lazynes started with bb-8 wit santa hut instead of red/green printed bb-8
- usefull imperial officer with new hat mould -> the only reason for me to purchase the set back then
- Sabine was usefull
- ST crap figures (no value for me as mentioned)

75213 (5 + 0.5 + 0.5 figs)
- purchased at 20Eur (30Eur was MSRP)
- Merrick was the reason for purchase
- that red fig from ST was OK
- even kid from Freemakers was good
- Deathtrooper always welcome
- 2 filler droids, wasnt IG-88 already in a BP at that time ?
- fun rebel snowman

7545 (6.5 figs)
- purchased at 50% only because of Cloud Car pilot

- no christmas fig
- new Rebel Soldier is good (second reason for purchase untill we get them in BP)
- second minock good

- thats it

So it was 75184 when it went down the hill and since then there was no reason to pick up the set at full price and even at discount i had to think about it.

What is good in the new one ? There were times when there was an expensive figure put in to give some value. I dont even see that now

At least Harry Potter started good - i like it, my kids like it. So hope the HP one will be also good and we will get that one for opening along the barbie / princess ones of course.

3 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

For the record, I believe it's already been stated that Vader's sweater has a Death Star design on it, so it's definitely a new Star Wars-based print.

OK then i judge more when i see it high res. If i consider a 50% discount purchase or BL that specific fig.